Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2011
This Ep started good, but it became slow very fast. I read the manga (as far as I can find chapters) but this is not what I've imagined when I found out about the anime. But I guess we all were warned in the first episode.

I hope that they won't focus on one characters introduction per episode, some how after (only) two episodes they focus more on one characters than the over all plot development.. or at least that is what I think.

Hope episode will pick the pace a bit!
Apr 19, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
well that was very random, I had a few laughs at the beginning but thats it
Apr 19, 2014 2:35 PM
May 2013
Well The OP was beter then the first episode

this episode was amazing <3
just same as the manga

the ED was sad.
Hiyori-Chan <3
Apr 19, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
next episode is do or die for mine.

there has been no plot advancement whatsoever.
Apr 19, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2011
Since the manga and novel have pretty high scores I was expecting this anime to be really good, but it's plain boring (are the songs supposed to be the good parts of the show or what?).
The only interesting moment was when Kido was looking at Kisaragi from above.
I'll continue to watch this series until the end and it gets a 6/10 from me at the moment.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2012
now I remember why I stopped coming to MAL, majority of people who like the episode stay hidden while the boards are filled up with mostly complaints >.>

ahhhh overall this episode was great~ :3 I can totally seen now at this point the anime getting another season if it's only 11-12 eps this season. there's too much source material, and given the fact this was slowly paced, seems to me there's even less of a chance for them to complete the story this season.

Oh this episode was much better than the first one, was less choppy and flowed better. also loving how they gave Momo more of a backstory ^_^ I'd much rather have them do this slower pace over a few episodes rather than try to squeeze everything into 1 episode, but finally next ep we get to have some information on the story~

that Hibiya appearance was so random, but nice I suppose~

but for those who aren't sure but want to stick the anime out, don't worry, this series will have some pretty interesting things happening sooner or later :3
smilewolfyApr 19, 2014 2:52 PM
Apr 19, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
This is so shafty that I might start calling Momo Karen..
Pretty nice ep. Really like the pacing, because it's, once again, really monogatari-sh. Also, I really like the Kirisagi Attention part. It gave me chills. And I think I'll faint each time I see Kido.
I don't get why so many people are disappointed. It's Shaft's way of doing things - it'll get better in the blu-ray release anyway. (spotted the date on the wall :p )
Apr 19, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
So she is going to be recruited into the gang. What is that gang called anyways?

Great episode!!!
Apr 19, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2010
Zelot said:
iLostReason said:
Hibiya instead of wind? what.I actually like that idea for cameo, it felt more natural, and its going to give a better feeling to Otsukimi Recital if they animate it.I just didnt like that Kido didn't actually approach Momo at the end of episode.If that happened i would have less complains.

btw. I see lots of people complaining.Is it because everything seems confusing, because of SHAFT or any other reason? just curious.

R4vel said:
Here's the song to people who's concern
http://youtu.be/vd9keKqd1G0
No no.This is Otsukimi Recital, the song from this episode is Kisaragi Attention:
http://youtu.be/rk-wPp9Ru3I

Both were playing..
An instrumental/off vocal of Kisaragi Attention played in the very beginning to start off the episode
A cover of Ostukimi Recital was used as an insert song during the chase scene.
I know that both were playing, but i tought we were talking about which song/arc did the episode cover, not insert song...?
Apr 19, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
as a long time kagerou project fan i'm pretty disappointed with the show so far. the fact that the plot is this slow and that the series is only 11 episodes makes me worried. the kisaragi attention montage was a nice touch though (i think yuikonnu's version is better).

don't let me down, shaft! ><
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Apr 19, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2012
Mills said:
VanishingKira said:
More disappointment.

Pretty much. This episode felt ridiculously slow and kind of boring.

Zeally said:
Have no idea what's going on plot wise (...)
NemuriNezumiApr 19, 2014 3:24 PM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 19, 2014 3:21 PM
Nov 2013
Is just me or this doesn't make any sense? LOL
Apr 19, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
iampancake said:
"OP was better"

what the hell? they ruined it

ugh just look what they did to the beautiful backgrounds

New: http://i.imgur.com/miYnGYD.jpg | Old: http://i.imgur.com/95Ca0V5.jpg
New: http://i.imgur.com/sqIsqDW.jpg | Old: http://i.imgur.com/qTSNE0q.jpg
New: http://i.imgur.com/rA7vtQw.jpg | Old: http://i.imgur.com/O1C5aHJ.jpg

They just ruined the OP for me

Wow what a difference O.O

I think the only thing I really liked about this episode was Momo's song...lol.
Apr 19, 2014 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
This could literally have been anything, it doesn't matter what. Shinbo's influence just overpowers every single aspect of this show.
Apr 19, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2012
Rashkolnikov said:

no, you're not the only one feeling this way

I started it because of all that hype before it aired but I honestly have no idea what's going on or even what they're trying to do or show

so far this show is my least favorite of the season, I'm not even attracted to the songs....

Apr 19, 2014 3:33 PM

Mar 2014
Rashkolnikov said:

Well it is shaft.
Apr 19, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
meh its your fault for having a high expectation.
Apr 19, 2014 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:

Who had high expectations for this?
Apr 19, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
Z4k said:

I can assure you I didn't even had 1% of expectation for this
NemuriNezumiApr 19, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 19, 2014 3:50 PM

Apr 2014
pLaguE_ said:
Z4k said:

Those who were disappointed
Apr 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:
pLaguE_ said:
Z4k said:

I didn't have high expectations for this, I just had one small expectation. Expectation that the pacing wouldn't obviously lead to a second season (or at least that's how it seems so far).
Apr 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
What's up with all the disappointment left and right? This episode is amazing. Much much better than the first one. Heck the pacing is pretty good and 10 episodes left is more than enough to cover everything.
They are going for one song per episode so it makes sense Jin only focus on Momo in this one.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Apr 19, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
Wind_God_Girl said:
What's up with all the disappointment left and right? This episode is amazing. Much much better than the first one. Heck the pacing is pretty good and 10 episodes left is more than enough to cover everything.
They are going for one song per episode so it makes sense Jin only focus on Momo in this one.

I don't exactly have a problem with introducing one character per episode/one song per. However, it is short, and depending on the next 2-3 episodes it'll really show how the pacing will be. Due it only being a 12 episode anime, it certainly will be interesting.
Apr 19, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
i actually liked this episode
It was kinda draggy a little in the beginning but it was still a good episode
Apr 19, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
Not bad at all, not bad. I'm only watching this because of SHAFT. But I must admit that I do not dislike every episode about a character and its "powers".
Apr 19, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
very good episode
the animation style blends perfectly with the plot
also liked the voice of Momo, and your answers in test kkk
next episode already presents the Makakushi Dan
and so the story will make more sense

I really liked the opening and the ending
_________

episódio muito bom
o estilo de animação combina perfeitamente com o enredo
também gostei da voz da Momo, e de suas respostas na prova kkk
proximo episodio já apresenta o Makakushi Dan
e assim o historia vai fazer mais sentido

gostei muito da abertura e do encerramento
Apr 19, 2014 4:11 PM
Aug 2013
Well, everyone who knows the source material hated it, and everyone else was okay with it. I really enjoyed some of the odd scenes (tape machines, teddy bear/gramophone, &c). They make me think that it's going to be an excellent story.

Noöne's commented on the “bakemono” story. I have no idea how that'll fit with the main plot. But it obviously does; the monster appears in the main setting in a few scenes.

Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of the music. It's nice to listen to, but I don't hear much special in it. That's just me, though. There are plenty of people who disagree, and I'm not going to argue.
Apr 19, 2014 4:14 PM
Apr 2014
A great episode, still liked first episode better.

Everything I expected for this episode happened with the exception of Momo's past, encountering Hibiya, and not meeting Kido at the end.

Episode wasn't as interesting, but that doesn't mean you should drop the series now. I've read the manga, and I felt the same way many of you felt, it's too slow or there's no plot development. According to the manga, the next episode would explain the plot and what really happened in the first episode.

I like the use of each episode's songs like how they used Kisaragi Attention during the chase. Shaft should at least have the song of each episode play in the background, at the very least just instrumental.

Overall great episode, 8/10.
Apr 19, 2014 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
Not as good as the first episode, but still decent.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 19, 2014 4:21 PM

Sep 2012
Eh... what?
The first episode was going for a mystery, then suddenly it changes focus to this new girl doing absolutely nothing, and we get barely a glimpse of the mystery at the end of the episode. Seriously?
Apr 19, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2014
pLaguE_ said:
Z4k said:
pLaguE_ said:
Z4k said:

I didn't have high expectations for this, I just had one small expectation. Expectation that the pacing wouldn't obviously lead to a second season (or at least that's how it seems so far).

Nah my post wasn't meant towards you. Apologies if you misunderstood me.
Apr 19, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2013
Momo Kisaragi introduced
An idol and someone who catches almost everyone's attention.
Lol Momo's imaginating being a first year again xD
Wow, she managed to get a 2 on her test? lolol.
Uh, she ate the book? LOL.
That song while they were getting chased around was pretty good.
Wasn't bad, but felt very slow.
Apr 19, 2014 4:36 PM
Dec 2012
Tbh, the only thing that's putting me of is all this talk about how Shaft is ruining it with half-assing the animation, and how it doesn't follow the manga closely and whatnot.

Just relax, sit back and let it come over you. It was only the second episode, and there is a lot of anime which turned out to be unexpectedly good in the end.
Apr 19, 2014 4:48 PM

Mar 2013
This was so good, I don't know why all these haters are bitching

oh and that opening <3
Apr 19, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
Where's my Ene?!
Apr 19, 2014 5:20 PM
May 2009
I enjoyed it, I think my only complaint is that I have no idea how they plan to get though all the source material at this pace. Even though I think it would be an good pace if this show was more then 11 episodes.

Does anyone know if there's an chance that Mekaku City Actors could get some more episodes picked up, like how Nisekoi got more?
Apr 19, 2014 5:24 PM

Jun 2013
Episode began with Momo running and getting greeting left and right. I felt that this scene dragged long and the animation wasn't even that good.

OP plays. Daze. Enhanced graphics and Ene's photobombing the entire OP :D

Momo and Kenjirou talk - Kenjirou doing head tilts
Momo's past revealed - it seems that her father died while he saved her from drowning?

Momo's weird powers started affecting people
Art Club President wasn't impressed with her powers. Aww feels, the curse of attention.
I really like how a musical player takes the form of the person and the shadows shows how they act. Either this is art or just lazy animation.

Momo went to outside in a hoodie and met an unnamed boy (who probably is a main character since he's heavily detailed compared to the others)

Unnamed boy calls Momo an 'old hag' XD
Then Kisaragi Attention plays and they start running.

Kido appears and seems to be targeting Momo?

Animation is definitely better than the first episode lol
Episode 2: Kisaragi Attention 7/10 for me
Apr 19, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
I liked this episode more than the first one. Momo is great.
Apr 19, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2013
It's really just my preference (probably) but holy shit do I hate the backgrounds, I think I hate everything about the art except for the artstyle of the characters. I'm pretty sure that Momo was supposed to be going to school in that scene with Kenjirou and her awful grades but that building did not look like a school.

I think I got more reminded of a freaking subway than a school, except that it's way brighter and makes no sense! Seriously, every damned building just looks weird, in what time period is this story set in?! At least there was more color in this episode.

Ranting aside, I think that this episode was better than the first one for the fact that it showed a lot about Momo but even then the flashbacks looked so weird, why can't things look normal, is that too much to ask? Being a fan of the songs, I wasn't as mad as I should've been for the screentime wasted on Momo and Hibiya running away while Kisaragi Attention was playing. It's like watching Utena go up the stairs in every duel: it's just as boring.

Speaking of wasted screentime, that conversation between Kenjirou and Momo took too much time that could've been well spent on more important things like Mekakushi Dan and the actual continuation of episode 1 but oh well, I guess that'll only happen in the next episode if we're lucky enough.

Even though I said all of that, I really liked the insight into Momo's past, it's easily the best part of the episode even when I'm biased towards Momo meeting Hibiya because of Otsukimi Recital. I honestly like the Opening more than the Ending but that's really just my preference so whatever.

For now, I can only hope that it gets better... ^^'
Apr 19, 2014 5:53 PM
Apr 2014
gilayans said:
I dunno, maybe it's just me. Oh well, the second episode is still better than the first episode considering everything overall. AND I DO HOPE THEY DO KAGEROU DAYS(Ep 4) PROPERLY I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR BUDGET THIS HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT.

I highly doubt that'll be the 4'th episode because after the Mekakushi Code they go
And for that budget they are known for fucking it up so yeeeeeaaaahhhhh...... be wary.
fap2UApr 19, 2014 6:07 PM
Apr 19, 2014 6:06 PM
Apr 2014
forfrosne said:
I guess I was wrong to hope that this show might turn into something like Durarara. I know nothing about the base material (the songs) but the plot outline on various press sites led me to that idea, of these people living lives throughout a city with powers that connect them but with various branching storylines that eventually tie in with each other.

Its gonna happen probably around the next two or maybe just the next episode, and I wouldn't say its close to Durarara since instead of having small arcs its gonna have one major storyline. And the characters in this are imperfect and broken like Momo and Shintaro.
Apr 19, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
The scene where they were running away from the people with the song playing reminded me of Scooby-Doo
Apr 19, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
What did I just watch? :/ I am confused.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
This is very Shaft...too much of the symbolism goes over my head. Seems that many people were replaced by devices that play voices in place of dialogue. Also, I'm having too much trouble trying to figure out what kind of show this is, what it's about, and what's going on. This episode was about an idol character and the previous one was about a NEET and his computer's AI. They have nothing to do with each other. Maybe the first few episodes of this show are meant to introduce each character separately and then their lives will come together later, I don't know. Usually something this enigmatic is a sign that the show is either gonna be a masterpiece or random crap.
Apr 19, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
Okay first of all some info before any of you continuing whining on how this is completely ruined by SHAFT.
1. Story is created and supervised by Kagerou Project original creator; Jin
2. It will not follow the manga but it will have some similarities.
3. For the newcomers, the first and second is completely different than each other because of reasons to come. What are they? You will know soon
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Apr 19, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Damn it's been a while since i seen people this salty

having not heard of Kagerou Project i can't say if this was bad or good compare to the Manga but i'm still interested

things i know so far
the people all have their own story lines so i guess at some point there gonna tie together
they also glow red eyes i guess on a basic understanding its whenever they show emotions to something they don't like?
Finally i'm supposed to not know what the fuck is going on right now.
Apr 19, 2014 7:22 PM
Mar 2014
ridiculous. if not for the colors it was barely watchable, and i usually like the stuff SHAFT has been doing lately..
Apr 19, 2014 7:23 PM
Nov 2013
dior said:
Absolutely awful.
Agreed
don't be an asshole just because you don't have the same opinion
Apr 19, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Those symbols... Does somebody care enough to explain it to me?

WE SHOULD ALL GET ALONG~!

>:3
Apr 19, 2014 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
For me the episode was really boring although I guess it is necessary to slowly introduce each character. I will watch a few more episodes but I think I might drop this.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.