Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And another unusual episode thanks to Shaft. Dat teddy bear lmao

The episode featured Kisaragi but I think that's an understatement considering her status. Still, it was nice to see her being the highlight imo. She needs be careful a little bit though..

That running montage was kinda catchy.

Apr 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
Adapting Kagerou Project should have been the easiest thing in the world. You'd think so right? The story is already laid out in three different competent ways so far. Just follow those lines, simple enough, right?

Right, SHAFT?

Apparently not. Tempted to drop this. And that's a damn shame, because I'm a huge fan of the songs.
Apr 19, 2014 8:28 AM

Oct 2012
The only positives about this episode were the OP and ED. Terribly disappointed.
Apr 19, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2012
This was very slow and disappointing. The only good thing is that they put Kisaragi Attention.

XushuApr 19, 2014 8:38 AM
Apr 19, 2014 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Will edit after watching the sub.
EDIT: An okay episode. The shaft is too much on this ep though, lol.
Hibiya<3 And that Kisaragi Attention at the 2nd half was pretty good.
I love the ED. And apparently, it's by Lia, IA's voicebank. I swear if i still see people complaining about how IA didn't sing for Mekakucity Actors, i'm going to kick them. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
removed-userApr 19, 2014 2:47 PM
Apr 19, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2008
I don't know kagepro so I can say I enjoyed it, the ost was nice too.

I was so surprised to see pedobear apear!!!
Shakkin-shitsujiApr 19, 2014 10:20 AM
Apr 19, 2014 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Ending- "Days" by Lia

Oh, I don't like to admit it, but this ep was really weak/lazy.

Edit: I like the Ost ,though. Insert song was catchy.
Apr 19, 2014 8:46 AM
Jul 2010
I must say, I'm disappointed with the second episode. But since they dig more of Momo's past, I'm fine with it for now. Anyway, looks like episode 3 will start the action. I see that SHAFT didn't fix the animation at all... I hope they don't half-assed this anime.

EDIT: Now, I LOVE Momo's seiyuu. She is practically Momo.
ArchdaineApr 19, 2014 9:30 AM
Apr 19, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
As a fan of the source material, I can say that I was extremely disappointed at the end of the first episode. But right now, I can say something sure : I loved this ep. It was amazing. It made me like Momo even more. The animation didn't bother me this ep : and hallelujah, there were colors !!
The insert song and the ending were awesome. The OP got better. All hail Mekakucity Actors :')
Apr 19, 2014 9:48 AM
Nov 2012
The second episode was much better than the first episode. At least that's what I thought for the first half of ep 2. Yes the OP animation was better this time, and the ED was fitting enough for the series. But I do find a similarity between these 2 episodes aired, that is, the animation was all OKAY on the first half but then things suddenly got choppy and the animation was lazy work, come on SHAFT things could've been done alot better. E.g the running part with the BGM 'Kisaragi Attention', that was totally crappy animation, the people behind the background isn't even animated properly, I can still accept it without colours but what, they aren't even moving and the whole atmosphere of Momo actually being chased was ruined.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. Oh well, the second episode is still better than the first episode considering everything overall. AND I DO HOPE THEY DO KAGEROU DAYS(Ep 4) PROPERLY I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR BUDGET THIS HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT.
Apr 19, 2014 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
the ED honestly made me tear up a bit (it was beautiful and Lia's voice was so soothing...) <- me being the fangirl I am...

I have to agree that Shaft could have done better with the animation and all... the second half was more exciting but the the animation was of less quality :/
they also wasted a lot of time with Kenjirou and Momo's conversation ovo/
and oh Hibiya <3
and I thought...

Like last time, can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 19, 2014 10:36 AM
Jun 2013
"OP was better"

what the hell? they ruined it

ugh just look what they did to the beautiful backgrounds

New: http://i.imgur.com/miYnGYD.jpg | Old: http://i.imgur.com/95Ca0V5.jpg
New: http://i.imgur.com/sqIsqDW.jpg | Old: http://i.imgur.com/qTSNE0q.jpg
New: http://i.imgur.com/rA7vtQw.jpg | Old: http://i.imgur.com/O1C5aHJ.jpg

They just ruined the OP for me

Anyways, hope the next episode will be better.

Dat Kido.
Apr 19, 2014 10:51 AM

Mar 2011
The OP changed, huh. It became.. brighter? Lol. Ahhh. I need to wait for another week D:

I'm disappointed with the animation and pacing of SHAFT D: Please don't ruin it. I love KagePro.

Other than that, the ED was full of feels. And I love how the "kids" and girls are seated and the 3 guys were standing. http://i.imgur.com/Vd7UNjw.png
reiko_Apr 19, 2014 11:27 AM
Apr 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
Hmmm. I wanted more Shintaro action, but oh well. I guess they're dedicating an episode for each character that is going to come out?
Apr 19, 2014 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
PLZ shaft I beg you! Let this get better i don't want my favorite thing in the world to turn into shit because of this anime... I wanted this so bad but they are doing such a bad job at animating it D:
Apr 19, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
More disappointment.

Well atleast I got to see Momo and Kisaragi Attention animated considering they're my favorite character and song.

Edit: Hate they fact that they didn't have IA sing Kisaragi Attention.Getting use to the light/dark color scheme/animation.And the ED this episode was fantastic and adorable.

Probably like this episode more than the first because of my undying love of Momo and Kisaragi Attention.
VanishingKiraApr 19, 2014 3:15 PM
Apr 19, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
I really don't get how Shaft is thinking!! Are they idiots O_o?

I know that Momo's "Kisaragi attention" ep was supposed to be now but why the hell did they spend half the episode on a conversation with Kenjirou?? It had some funny parts but it made the ep so slow T^T

If they followed chp2 of the manga and ended it with Kido appearing that would've been way better :*(

It was nice to see Hibiya, but even though I still think it was unnecessary fan service -.- Loved the Kisaragi attention insert song (My fav song) but the animation sucked with it >~< DON'T DO THIS SHAFT!!! PLZ!

So yeah, only good parts were the insert song (audio wise), seeing more about Momo's past (They dragged it a bit too much though -.-), seeing Kido, The ED and....well nothing else :(

Disappointed. I still have hope from the pv. The real awesomeness should start then. Don't disappoint us Shaft!!!
Apr 19, 2014 11:21 AM
Mar 2012
SHAFT went pretty overboard this episode.
Apr 19, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2012
WTF!

What did I just watch? Wasn't this episode suppose to tell what happen in episode one, but from Momo pov. This episode felt so random and unless. Hell they spent half of it talking about homework. Only good thing about this episode was the insert song and the ed. Man this was disappointing.

I give it one more episode, but I think that I'm going to have to drop this.
Apr 19, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2007
Insert song was great and I like the ED. I'm happy they were more colors and things look cleaner from the last ep. Though I feel like I got an origination story when that should be coming later. Well if that makes the pace in later eps I guess it be worth it later.
Apr 19, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
Jesus this show got really shit really quickly. Not only have we seen exactly zero plot development of the overall story arc (and it hasn't even been established that there is a story arc at all), but we only saw one character in this episode and a sighting of another at the end. The scene with her tutor was very funny, definitely the best part of the show, and the animation is wonderful, but I'm really not very interested in this show anymore. And Jesus Christ what was that bullshit at the end turning the show into a god damned musical

I guess I was wrong to hope that this show might turn into something like Durarara. I know nothing about the base material (the songs) but the plot outline on various press sites led me to that idea, of these people living lives throughout a city with powers that connect them but with various branching storylines that eventually tie in with each other. After the first episode, I got the impression that the nerdy guy would be the main character and that in episode 2 we'd be introduced to the full lineup of the group. Nope. *sigh* I suppose partially my fault for not reading enough about the base material.
Apr 19, 2014 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
I love the songs by jin but this is not as good as i wanted it to be. And yes i think it is also because it is made by Shaft.
Apr 19, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
I'm feeling like I'm getting off tracks compared to the songs and the manga. I think Shaft made this whole series pretty damn hard to understand.

AND WHY'D YOU CHANGE THE OPENING, SHAFT, WHYYY??!?!?!?
Apr 19, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
The thing with MCA is that Shaft Studio is using a dull color approach to this anime. There are alot of black and whites and unsaturated colors. I can tell he is going for a flat look with this anime. I personally love it because its not using the same format as Bakemonogatri and Nisekoi, although you can see the similarities between them. People who dont see what Shaft is doing is blindly hating on it calling it poor or cheap. I think from an artistic stand point its good. Plus this is only episode too. Seeing how Shaft likes to direct stories its probably going to get better towards the middle or end.
Apr 19, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2011
Kind of disappointed with this one too but it looks like it'll get better from episode three, considering that Mekameka Dan's going to be together. Granted, one of the big reasons I was disappointed was that they dragged on this episode for a very long time. They could have made the scene with the teacher shorter, the chase scene shorter, and such. Very, very meh episode.

I can only hope that it will improve from episode 3 onwards (it should, that's when everything really starts anyways).
Apr 19, 2014 11:46 AM
Mar 2014
i dont really under what the hell that was and this episode made me want to shoot someone
Apr 19, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2009
sigh i feel like this is becoming a bakemonogatari #2. at least the animation got better...
mukuro-sama♥ hibari-sama♥fon-sama♥
My top wanted things:
1. Yato umbrellas!!
2. Mukuro's left eye
3. LEON!!! (KHR)
Apr 19, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
Eeeh well I liked the 1st ep better...
Apr 19, 2014 11:55 AM
Jan 2013
@Moodie Couldn't have said it better myself. I have read both the manga and light novel and listened to all the songs. SHAFT still hasn't disappointed me, their take on the series actually makes it very fun to watch and it even made me like some characters more. Yeah the bit of the teacher was pretty long but it helps you to know what kinda personality Momo has in this. Plus the teacher is more fun this time around. Opening is a welcome change, there's more background and detail than last time and the ending song fits well with the overall tone.
Apr 19, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2011
This chapter was really cool because Momo, but the animation... well :/.
Also it was veeeery slow, but is fine because the next ep would be better -I hope-, and Kenjirou's seiyuu fits very well on him.

Momo saying "Meka meka dan" at the end was beautiful.
Apr 19, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
I actually enjoyed this...hyped for the next week.
Apr 19, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
Teacher-student romance?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 19, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
VanishingKira said:
More disappointment.

Pretty much. This episode felt ridiculously slow and kind of boring.
Apr 19, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2013
Damn I'd be hella scared by the Idol employer if I was in her place. Curious to know how much attached she is to manga,

Here's the song to people who's concern
http://youtu.be/vd9keKqd1G0
Apr 19, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2010
Hibiya instead of wind? what.I actually like that idea for cameo, it felt more natural, and its going to give a better feeling to Otsukimi Recital if they animate it.I just didnt like that Kido didn't actually approach Momo at the end of episode.If that happened i would have less complains.

btw. I see lots of people complaining.Is it because everything seems confusing, because of SHAFT or any other reason? just curious.

R4vel said:
No no.This is Otsukimi Recital, the song from this episode is Kisaragi Attention:
http://youtu.be/rk-wPp9Ru3I
incompleteAEGISApr 19, 2014 12:17 PM
Apr 19, 2014 12:17 PM

Apr 2009
I'm glad I don't know anything about the source material so I can't get brain damage from head/desking (judging by the response of the fans above).

Viewed standaloneish I liked this ep more than the first one, but that might be because it lacked an annoying A.I., also Momo's character is pretty relatable if one had double-edged powers like that. But yeah, I was surprised it didn't even tie up to the first ep's plot; I kept waiting for her to go to the same mall her brother went to or something. Then again this feels like it happens earlier in the story, unless they really recruit them both at the same time? Lol, I'm confused but not irritatingly so.

Maybe I'll watch the anime to the end and read the manga after so I can retrospectively wtf at this show :D
Apr 19, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
I don't understand where the hate come from I mean the athmosphere is really well made.
The lack of color for the first episode was just right for the presentation of shintarou
And this episode got more colored since it was for momo^^
The animation is not awsome but it goes right with the athmosphere.

I just saw the chapter of the manga that cover the current two episode but it wasn't a masterpiece either. Yes it was funny but not that good either... I probably like the anime better. Shaft didn't change the story much.
I agree that it was slow paced but i suspect that the two first episode are here just for the sake of presenting the two main. And the third will probably be for the presentation of the mekakushi-dan.

I think it's a shame to drop it just because it wasn't exactly as you imagined...
Apr 19, 2014 12:24 PM
Sep 2011
This episode definitely looked better animated than the first one. I rather liked the relaxed pacing and so far the show is rather straight-forward. Sure, there's little to no explanation but you can pretty much put two and two together and even figure out in which direction the story will go. The newly introduced girl possesses supernatural powers that allow her to stand out amidst the crowd and enabled her to enter the idol business and now that she was sighted by the hoodie girl she will probably join the gang like NEET boy from last week seemingly did.

Glad the show is living up to its name as the majority of the episode really plays out similar to a stage play with the cast being limited to characters gifted (or cursed) with these abiliies and their close ones. Supporting characters aren't given actual facial expressions and remain as grey blobs in the background art or are presented through symbolic elements such as the teddy bear, the class mates replaced by radios or the grammophone, the latter being methods I probably would have used if I had to set up an actual stage play with this content. These visual tricks and the occasionally beautifully rendered background really make for some stunning shots. Momo's "tragic" backstory wasn't played up as I expected and refrained from being overdramatic. This and the way how the visuals quirks actually complement the content makes me hopeful that this show won't end up as mere style over substance in the way the Idol girl was accused of by her neglected competitor.

I wonder how much the fact that the original creature is writing the script for the anime plays into the anime adaption. I recall an argument where Jin insisted being in charge of the script, otherwise he wouldn't agree with the anime getting green-lit, even though most of the time a person with actual experience in this field would normally take over. Perhaps that why the pacing is unusually slow for an one-cour show?
EudaimoniaApr 19, 2014 1:48 PM
Apr 19, 2014 12:26 PM
Mar 2014
Not what I was expecting but at least I got more of a feel for Momo now. It seems things will pick up next episode but can I even wait that long!? > >
Oh but darling, we're all insane. . .

Apr 19, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
iLostReason said:
Hibiya instead of wind? what.I actually like that idea for cameo, it felt more natural, and its going to give a better feeling to Otsukimi Recital if they animate it.I just didnt like that Kido didn't actually approach Momo at the end of episode.If that happened i would have less complains.

btw. I see lots of people complaining.Is it because everything seems confusing, because of SHAFT or any other reason? just curious.

R4vel said:
No no.This is Otsukimi Recital, the song from this episode is Kisaragi Attention:
http://youtu.be/rk-wPp9Ru3I
Ah right sorry, I didn't bother listening to either pf them so I just chose Recital, thanks
Apr 19, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2008
So much disappointment. So much time was wasted on the Momo/teacher conversation. Terrible animation in the running scene. Effed up OP.

Gikari said:
RIP KagePro's anime adaptation and thank you SHAFT for ruining it. This wasn't that hard to adapt, especially considering your experience with Madoka, but you still screwed it up. Well done.
Apr 19, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
I'm amazed how the best animes of the season for me are the ones who I wouldn't ever had bet a penny on before airing.
This episode was only dedicated to momo's introduction, so no plot development, but the way that was done compensated the lack of development.
And with an artwork like that it was completely bearable. I really enjoy this artwork, it's a pleasure for the eyes.
Some random stuff like the teddy manager were amazing.

The opening and ending are so nice, especially the ending.

9/10
Apr 19, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2011
why shaft WHY ;___;
Apr 19, 2014 1:16 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
OTSUKIMI RECITAL
YESSS
THE NEW OP
YESSS
THE ED
YESSS
I got super hyped and excited during this episode

enjoyed Momo's back story and excited to see Mekakucity Code next episode!
Apr 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
It wasn't that bad. Better than first episode
8/10
Apr 19, 2014 1:30 PM
Apr 2014
Dropped.
guess I can at least enjoy the manga more,
instead of giving me this disappointment
(This episode was pretty boring and slow)
Apr 19, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
i like it!!
how they made momo life look so bad from her eyes but from everyone eyes it looked like her life is good

i liked the emotions in this episode!

and im starting to like the art style

but what hibya is doing? is it moon viewing retical or kisageri attantion?

9/10
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Apr 19, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
1. Repeating a year with ppl replaced with radios would be interesting

2. Was sad to see momo's parents aren't with her

3. Really curious to see how all the characters will be connected

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2009
I actually loved this episode. Thanks, Shaft.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.