Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2009 5:15 PM

Jun 2008
xxangelchanxx said:
Osaka117 said:
I haven't found one yet that didnt annoy me to a great degree, so I cant really pick just one that was more unbearable then the rest

*coughRevycough*?

Meh i never figured out if she was tsundere or not....
She's not. And she never even once used any form of violent method against Rock. And when Rock stood against her, Rock just completely owned her.
AO968 said:
Saito apparently has Stockholm Syndrome. He's resentful towards Louise when he first meets her, but opens up to her pretty quickly and eventually even starts falling in love with her, despite the heavy abuse he gets from her.
Stockholm syndrome should only apply when it's kidnapping. Anything else is just ... softcore masochism? But I guess he sort of did get kidnapped...
Sep 14, 2009 5:58 PM
Apr 2008
"Most annoying tsundere?"

All tsunderes. I classify Asuka as yandere, so I'm not contradicting.
Sep 14, 2009 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
HappyPear said:
"Most annoying tsundere?"

All tsunderes. I classify Asuka as yandere, so I'm not contradicting.

Asuka a yandere!?!?!? Explain.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 14, 2009 6:32 PM

Jun 2007
I don't really like any tsunderekkos; but I really don't like Louise from ZnT.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Sep 14, 2009 6:48 PM

Jul 2007
All of them.
Sep 14, 2009 10:31 PM

May 2009
None of them. I get more annoyed and seriously pissed off against whiny characters than I do tsunderes.
Sep 14, 2009 10:46 PM

Sep 2009
Would Akane from Ranma 1/2 count as a tsundere or mild tsundere? She's kind of annoying in ways..

Taiga from ToraDora pissed me of a lot till I dropped it in the end, Haruhi also. It's just stupid that Haruhi thinks the world revolves around her, and in truth the whole fcking anime revolves around her.
Sep 14, 2009 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
The most annoying one is definitely Louis so far that I find.

xxangelchanxx said:
Come on,admit it most of them suck.

I disagree, as I love Hiiragi Kagami of Lucky Star^_^ as a character mind you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2009 11:21 PM

Jun 2009
Mawootad said:
I'm gonna break the mold and say Tomoya from Clannad for being generally whiny and picking the annoying moe-blob.

It's Tomoyo, and I'm not sure if she should be classified as Tsundere. The character that fits the classification in Clannad is Kyou, if anyone.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 14, 2009 11:31 PM

Mar 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Mawootad said:
I'm gonna break the mold and say Tomoya from Clannad for being generally whiny and picking the annoying moe-blob.

It's Tomoyo, and I'm not sure if she should be classified as Tsundere. The character that fits the classification in Clannad is Kyou, if anyone.

I think he meant Tomoya because Tomoyo doesn't pick Nagisa.
And Tomoya's not tsundere, he's Nakamura Yuuichi.

Also this:
Baman said:
Senjougahara, Asuka and Katerose on the other hand, would be some of the more or less tsundere characters that I actually liked.
Sep 14, 2009 11:55 PM
Mar 2009
Pretty much any violent one. I still don't understand why every single violent one beats the crap out of the guy when it's their fault. Guess it's just the women refusing to admit their the ones who are wrong (nothing new there...).

There aren't many that I do like to be honest, but Nagi and Shana are at least bearable.

Sep 15, 2009 12:07 AM

Jun 2009
qtipbrit said:
insan3soldiern said:
Mawootad said:

Also this:
Baman said:
Senjougahara, Asuka and Katerose on the other hand, would be some of the more or less tsundere characters that I actually liked.

Ah, Yeah I re-read it and I still can't figure out how choosing Nagisa makes him a Tsundere. Doesn't make sense. And, oh yeah, Shana and Nagi can be annoying at times imo. Come to think of it the only "tsunderes" I really like are Haruhi, Asuka, and Kyou.

But, honestly, I personally dislike the term. It's almost as though we trivialize the character when we call them that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2009 12:16 AM

Aug 2008
xxangelchanxx said:
I dislike Louise the most.

I find her to be utterly worthless. Nothing about her to be likeable. Hence, I don't even bother to watch this series.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 15, 2009 12:18 PM

Apr 2009
AirStyles said:
The most annoying one is definitely Louis so far that I find.

xxangelchanxx said:

I disagree, as I love Hiiragi Kagami of Lucky Star^_^ as a character mind you.

Kagami is not physically violent,which makes her entertaining.And most of the time when she gets pissed it actually kinda makes sense.
Sep 15, 2009 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Taiga...easily
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Sep 15, 2009 12:45 PM

Apr 2009
All loli's. Except the ones from Higurashi. They're cool.
Sep 15, 2009 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
Jaapsneep said:
All loli's. Except the ones from Higurashi. They're cool.

If you count flat as being Loli then that's quite a few. :'D
Sep 15, 2009 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
Louise for sure, i don't like it when Tsundere get abusive, which is what the entire show ZnT is based off >.>

Shana is probably my favorite Tsundere though since i really enjoyed her interactions with Yuji. Watching her discover these new feelings of love and jealousy was awesome and i total understood why she acted like she did. She she might have been unreasonable at some point during that show but like i said she was still discovering herself. And she has yet to cross into Louise land which always a plus.
Sep 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
Louise from ZnT, but i dropped it, i guess i need to continue it
Sep 15, 2009 1:08 PM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
qtipbrit said:
insan3soldiern said:
Mawootad said:

Also this:
Baman said:

Ah, Yeah I re-read it and I still can't figure out how choosing Nagisa makes him a Tsundere. Doesn't make sense. And, oh yeah, Shana and Nagi can be annoying at times imo. Come to think of it the only "tsunderes" I really like are Haruhi, Asuka, and Kyou.

But, honestly, I personally dislike the term. It's almost as though we trivialize the character when we call them that.
Maybe you misunderstood - I meant that Tomoya is annoying because he picked moe-blob Nagisa. He's a tsundere because, well, he meets the characteristics of a male tsundere (the criteria are slightly different between males and females. For a much stronger example of a male tsundere, check out Roger from Big O and Lelouch from CG).
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 15, 2009 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
Mawootad said:
Maybe you misunderstood - I meant that Tomoya is annoying because he picked moe-blob Nagisa. He's a tsundere because, well, he meets the characteristics of a male tsundere (the criteria are slightly different between males and females. For a much stronger example of a male tsundere, check out Roger from Big O and Lelouch from CG).

But isen't there ova's for Tomoya to end up with Tomoyo and Kyou?
Sep 15, 2009 4:58 PM

Mar 2008
Mawootad said:
insan3soldiern said:
qtipbrit said:
insan3soldiern said:
Mawootad said:

Also this:
Baman said:

Different criteria between males and females? How so?
The only defining trait of a Mandere that sets him apart from female tsunderes is the possession of a penis.
Shinichi Chiaki of Nodame Cantabile and Irie Naoki of Itazura na Kiss are personality-wise no different from the female tsundere archetype.
Sep 15, 2009 5:12 PM

Apr 2009
xxangelchanxx said:
Two one episode OVAs are not enough to make up for two full seasons of choosing the moe-blob (and don't give me any crap about he didn't decide until the end of the first season, it was obvious from the first episode who the winner was going to be).

qtipbrit said:
The only defining trait of a Mandere that sets him apart from female tsunderes is the possession of a penis.
Shinichi Chiaki of Nodame Cantabile and Irie Naoki of Itazura na Kiss are personality-wise no different from the female tsundere archetype.
It's mostly in terms of strength and how they go tsuntsun and deredere. Male tsunderes (in general) tend to be more sarcastic/caustic, less violent, less deredere, and altogether more mellow than female tsunderes (who are significantly more likely to turn to mush or beat the crap out of their love interest at the drop of a hat).
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 15, 2009 5:26 PM
Aug 2009
All the overly violent ones. They make tsunderes look bad.

Sep 15, 2009 5:27 PM

Jun 2009
Mawootad said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Two one episode OVAs are not enough to make up for two full seasons of choosing the moe-blob (and don't give me any crap about he didn't decide until the end of the first season, it was obvious from the first episode who the winner was going to be).

qtipbrit said:
It's mostly in terms of strength and how they go tsuntsun and deredere. Male tsunderes (in general) tend to be more sarcastic/caustic, less violent, less deredere, and altogether more mellow than female tsunderes (who are significantly more likely to turn to mush or beat the crap out of their love interest at the drop of a hat).

I think it's rather stupid to not like a character because he fell for the girl who, ultimately, had the most positive impact on his life. I mean, I would probably have went with her to. But, you are right about one thing: it was obvious who he'd go with.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2009 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
elfen1ied said:
Opinions opinions
Sep 15, 2009 5:34 PM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:

But, you are right about one thing: it was obvious who he'd go with.

Like every other harem Air?

Kanon?

Its all the same crap. :(
Sep 15, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2009
xxangelchanxx said:
insan3soldiern said:

Kanon?

Sep 15, 2009 5:40 PM

Apr 2009
Animefan710 said:
xxangelchanxx said:
insan3soldiern said:

Kanon?

Phs same thing if were someone if would have been her anyway.
Sep 15, 2009 5:41 PM
Aug 2009
xxangelchanxx (Female) said:
insan3soldiern said:

Kanon?

They're still great shows. You could just play the vns to end up whith whomever you want, but it would be nice if they didn't make it so blatantly obvious by the first episode.

And, btw, isn't this whole discussion quite off-topic?

Sep 15, 2009 5:42 PM

May 2009
Maybe try not to turn this topic in a Key/KyoAni adaptation troll fest.

As for me, I don't think I'm really annoyed by any tsundere, it's a pretty classic type of character, and one I find to be pretty enjoying to watch, it would just be good if Yui Horie didnt do like 3/4 of the tsundere characters we can watch nowadays.
Sep 15, 2009 5:48 PM

Jul 2008
Louise is the worst.

Best is Nagi.
Sep 15, 2009 7:41 PM

Jun 2008
I found all of them annoying at times (aren't most characters you come across occasionally annoying?) but there's just never been any reason for me to find one more annoying than another...
Sep 15, 2009 7:44 PM

Apr 2009
xenith said:
I found all of them annoying at times (aren't most characters you come across occasionally annoying?) but there's just never been any reason for me to find one more annoying than another...

Coming from someone with almost a full list of favorite characters that are tsunderes.
Sep 15, 2009 8:45 PM

Jun 2008
xxangelchanxx said:
xenith said:

Coming from someone with almost a full list of favorite characters that are tsunderes.

Just proves that I even find my favs annoying at times. Hell, I have yet to find a character that does not annoy me at all throughout the series...
Sep 16, 2009 4:58 PM

Jul 2008
xenith said:
xxangelchanxx said:
xenith said:

Just proves that I even find my favs annoying at times. Hell, I have yet to find a character that does not annoy me at all throughout the series...

I can name at least 50.
Sep 16, 2009 5:03 PM

Apr 2007
Tabrisrp said:
it would just be good if Yui Horie didnt do like 3/4 of the tsundere characters we can watch nowadays.

what
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2009 5:10 PM

Nov 2008
Louise.
Sep 16, 2009 5:33 PM
Sep 2009
xxangelchanxx said:

I dislike Louise the most.

Agreed.
Sep 16, 2009 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
I've been trying to watch Zero no Tsukaima and so far, I can't help but dislike Louise. She's just a fucking jerk. There isn't a single redeeming quality about her. (I'm on ep. 7 so far and I will be for a long time.... >.>)

But, I did actually like Shana. My reasons are here and may be spoilers:

And Shana is way more adorable than Louise.

But thinking it over, I actually liked pretty much all the tsunderes I've seen: Kyou, Kaname, Shana, Rin Tohsaka, Makoto Sawatari...
Nika-senpaiSep 16, 2009 6:57 PM

I am the senpai that notices you.

Sep 16, 2009 6:16 PM

Jul 2008
The overly violent ones.
They always act like they don't have faith in the guy, don't even wait till he explains his side of lolwhatever story and beats the living crap outta him.

Side note:
Nagi is tolerable because Maria's there.
Sep 16, 2009 6:17 PM

Apr 2009
Nika-senpai said:

But thinking it over, I actually liked pretty much all the tsunderes I've seen: Kyou, Kaname, Shana, Rin Tohsaka, Makoto Sawatari...

All of those characters are absolutly fine with me,besides for Kaname.
Sep 16, 2009 7:58 PM

Mar 2008
Mawootad said:
qtipbrit said:

Differences in levels of "tsundere" through the sexes are largely substantiated by gender differences (both physical and sociological) and how writers and directors view them.
Sarcasm has always been a trait more closely associated with males. (Rather, more closely associated with dark, which has been associated with the masculine.) Not only in animanga, but across a plurality of historical and modern cultures; and in anime, for every Ruri Hoshino there will be another Key lead and another Sugita character.
Social norms (in developed countries) are such that males physically striking females is much less tolerable than the inverse. Most males will tell you that punching another dude is easier than punching a dudette.
This social norm may even be more mainstay in Japan, where justice is quickly brought upon rapists who have the temerity to wish a good morning to passing school girls. (Pardon me for linking sankaku.)
I'm sure that it's somewhat obvious, but males are less prone to warm feelings of sappiness and fuzziness than females (both by nature and physiologically [hormones, emotions, &c.]) Of course, feelings of "moe" are an exception to this, but more often than not, I've found moefaggotry to accompany paedophilia as a dominant male reaction to kawaii anime show joes.

tl;dir, I'm not sure if calling manderes more mellow because of the differences in their reactions is justified- manderes are as prone to anger as their female counterparts, but they simply act differently.

At this point I've forgotten the original point of dissent, but I'm sure I wouldn't classify Tomoya as a mandere (as I risk calling any sarcastic male character one.) Nor would I call Lelouch or Roger mendere, since one is the trite one-dimensional male lead and the other is simple badassery.
insan3soldiern said:
Mawootad said:
xxangelchanxx said:

I think it's rather stupid to not like a character because he fell for the girl who, ultimately, had the most positive impact on his life. I mean, I would probably have went with her to. But, you are right about one thing: it was obvious who he'd go with.

Either way, I'm sure we can all agree that none of the girls deserved Tomoya. :V
Sep 16, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
Akira Kogami- Lucky Star
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Sep 16, 2009 8:27 PM

Feb 2008
I used to like tsunderes, now I think I hate them.

Louise in particular deserves a violent death.
Sep 16, 2009 8:33 PM

Jul 2007
Nagara_Venteel said:
Akira Kogami- Lucky Star

She's yangire, not tsundere.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Sep 16, 2009 9:08 PM

Nov 2008
Splitter said:
Nagara_Venteel said:
Akira Kogami- Lucky Star

She's yandere, not tsundere.
Sep 16, 2009 9:26 PM

Jul 2007
virgo_sama said:
Splitter said:
Nagara_Venteel said:
Akira Kogami- Lucky Star

She's yangire, not tsundere.

Know your dysfunctional moe >_>
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Sep 17, 2009 2:47 AM

Jun 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Hardly, I like most tsundere. That being said Narusegawa, whore.

^ this
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Sep 17, 2009 6:44 AM

Apr 2007
Shiho Huit

/thread

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 1 minute ago

0 by Cyborgium »»
1 minute ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

20 by ScarRufus »»
4 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

58 by Vendicator »»
5 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 10 hours ago

16 by Vendicator »»
12 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 4 hours ago

12 by Rhaelynne »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.