Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2014 11:17 PM
Aug 2013
Hi, I've been kinda lost wandering between different animes and now I want one that will blow my mind again, a anime that you'll stay up 24h just because you HAVE to know what happens in the next episode.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Meldylol

I linked my animelist as a reference to what shows I've watched previously.

But what I'm mostly looking for is the following:

A show with a strong protagonist, and with strong it doesn't necessary have to be that he is OP or has tons of powers, I'm more interested in his/her characteristics, I want him/her to have a good character arc. e.g Zetsuen no Tempest, the characters have alot of backstory and intrigues, morals. Btooom! where the protagonists are broken people in the real world and theire experiences in the virtual one is applied to their time on the island.

I'm also valuing highly the romance, I enjoyed Sword art Online soly because of the feelings between Kirito and Asuna, the rest of the story was mediocre in my opinion, but I still watched all the episodes because I wanted to find out what would happen to them.

Zetsuen no Tempest is once again a great example because of the romance between the characters, but it was alot more complicated and you really had to think and connect the dots.

I'm not a huge fan of Slice of Life shows, I prefere to have some kind of supernatural/fighting element in it and I don't mind ecchi/harem as long as there is a good story behind it and the story isn't driven soly on tits and ass!

Thanks in advanced :)
Apr 18, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2011
I don't have anything to recommend but I feel the same way about Zetsuen no Tempest and I'm trying to find something similar.
Apr 18, 2014 11:44 PM
Oct 2013
What you are looking for is Attack on Titan. Dude, that show is the most action packed, unpredictable, epic anime I have ever seen. Firs episode had my looking like ":-O.......DAAAAAAMN!". It was rated one of the best anime of 2013 and it deserves that rating. The english dub is set to start airing May 3rd on Toonami but the subbed is not bad, and thats coming from someone who hates subbed but it was worth it. I was up til late at night watching cuz I COULD NOT STOP. Just watch the first episode and tell me what you think.
"It is really quite simple. My desire is to uphold my self-respect. That is all." - Byakuya Kuchiki
Apr 19, 2014 12:23 AM
Aug 2013
[/q
Extreme3708 said:
I don't have anything to recommend but I feel the same way about Zetsuen no Tempest and I'm trying to find something similar.

Zetsuen no Tempest is one of the best shows I've watched so far and it left me feeling like I had no idea what to do with my life when I finished it :P

LexieS17 said:
What you are looking for is Attack on Titan. Dude, that show is the most action packed, unpredictable, epic anime I have ever seen. Firs episode had my looking like ":-O.......DAAAAAAMN!". It was rated one of the best anime of 2013 and it deserves that rating. The english dub is set to start airing May 3rd on Toonami but the subbed is not bad, and thats coming from someone who hates subbed but it was worth it. I was up til late at night watching cuz I COULD NOT STOP. Just watch the first episode and tell me what you think.

My screw up :P I followed Attack on Titan since ep.1 and I've also read the manga, I really loved how they fked with you getting you attached to the characters just to have them brutally slaughtered in the next episode :P If you haven't read the manga yet it's really worth it because season 2 is going to be insane
Apr 19, 2014 12:24 AM
Dec 2013
yea titan is legit, whats happened in the manga is even more hectic then the episodes XD
Apr 19, 2014 2:24 AM
Dec 2013
also if u haven't seen guilty crown the guy/girl romance is cool and the dude starts a pussy but is still strong and by the end is very strong
Apr 19, 2014 3:09 AM
Aug 2013
madara-_-uchiha said:
also if u haven't seen guilty crown the guy/girl romance is cool and the dude starts a pussy but is still strong and by the end is very strong

I've been meeing to start on Guilty Crown, but I've never gotten around to it. Might try and pick it up now
Apr 19, 2014 3:23 AM
Dec 2013
its really good I cant really fault it :')
Apr 19, 2014 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
steins gate. i rly would call the mc mentally strong, but it takes a while till you get to the point where you notice it

monogatari season. The mc does everything to protect others, he would even sacrefice his life.
but he is not strong in fights, in the few fights there are in this anime that is more a 1 sided massacre towards the mc XD

katanagatari (dialogue driven action adventure romance anime, but the mc is more physicle strong)

spice and wolf (it has nearly no action, but its about trading, and the mc has to keep his nerves and stay cool in various situations)

sword art online (would call this mc very strong, and besides it has very much romance)

Higashi no Eden (would call this mc again very very strong mentaly)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Apr 19, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2012
Kaze no Stigma
Apr 19, 2014 5:41 AM
Aug 2013
Smooki said:
steins gate. i rly would call the mc mentally strong, but it takes a while till you get to the point where you notice it

monogatari season. The mc does everything to protect others, he would even sacrefice his life.
but he is not strong in fights, in the few fights there are in this anime that is more a 1 sided massacre towards the mc XD

katanagatari (dialogue driven action adventure romance anime, but the mc is more physicle strong)

spice and wolf (it has nearly no action, but its about trading, and the mc has to keep his nerves and stay cool in various situations)

sword art online (would call this mc very strong, and besides it has very much romance)

Higashi no Eden (would call this mc again very very strong mentaly)

I've watched 2 episodes of steins gate but I never felt like it grabed me, might have to give it another go.

Katanagatari sound interesting

BenAnime said:
Kaze no Stigma

Thanks for that, first episode was really good!
Apr 19, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
Darker than Black? Most of the romance develops in the special episodes between the two seasons though.
Apr 19, 2014 2:39 PM
Oct 2013
Meldylol im glad you've seen it. AoT ripped my head out multiple times and I cant say I didnt outright scream from the shock a few times.

BenAnime is right. Kaze No Stigma is awesome. The MC is really strong and he takes no sh*t from the female protagonist which I loved.
"It is really quite simple. My desire is to uphold my self-respect. That is all." - Byakuya Kuchiki
Apr 19, 2014 3:02 PM

Jun 2012
Apr 19, 2014 8:26 PM
Aug 2013

That sound really interesting, gonna give that a go after I'm done with Kill la Kill!
Apr 19, 2014 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
Meldylol said:
madara-_-uchiha said:

I've been meeing to start on Guilty Crown, but I've never gotten around to it. Might try and pick it up now

It takes a while to really get started up but trust me if you just stick through a few more episodes it gets AMAZING!!!

May 3, 2014 4:11 AM
Aug 2013
-Avarco- said:
Meldylol said:
madara-_-uchiha said:

It takes a while to really get started up but trust me if you just stick through a few more episodes it gets AMAZING!!!

I recently finished Guilty Crown and I must say I have truly mixed feelings about the show... but what really pissed me off is how they left it, it was one of the worst episodes I've seen and I'm so sad for Inori!!!

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - 9 hours ago

6 by Skuletor »»
20 minutes ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

9 by r3v3l3v3l »»
4 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
7 hours ago

» ใ€Œ ๐œ—โ„˜ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ž/๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ—โ„˜ ใ€(โ€โ› ึŠ โ›โ€ž)โ™ก

RabbitS- - Apr 10

18 by Reina__ »»
10 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

14 by LoveYourEyes »»
11 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.