Forum Settings
Forums

Is it possible for someone to be out of your league?

New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 19, 2014 9:07 PM

Feb 2014
Yes it clearly is possible for example; super models are in Division 1. Whereas I am trying it with these wannabe instagram models all the way in Division 3 maybe if I get a major financial boost one day I can be in Division 1.
Apr 20, 2014 5:12 AM

Dec 2013
"Leagues" are generally based off of appearance and the OP did say "your league" so no, I'm fucking gorgeous.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Apr 20, 2014 5:20 AM

Jun 2013
TheArchangles982 said:
"Leagues" are generally based off of appearance and the OP did say "your league" so no, I'm fucking gorgeous.

Sometimes it's more in terms of how outgoing a person is.

If I know someone has met 50 times more people than I, I would really have to be exceptional to leave some kind of an impression on her. Not really sure where to take that kind of confidence from.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Apr 20, 2014 5:29 AM

Dec 2013
sedmelluq said:
TheArchangles982 said:

Sometimes it's more in terms of how outgoing a person is.

If I know someone has met 50 times more people than I, I would really have to be exceptional to leave some kind of an impression on her. Not really sure where to take that kind of confidence from.

I'm basing it purely off of the appearance factor which is the most commonly used base. What you're basing off of is what I consider the second part; actually getting the guy/girl but whether they're in your league in the first place or not is generally based on appearance.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Apr 20, 2014 5:43 AM
Apr 2014
Yogotah, with you being a geek in a jock's body, this is in my opinion the ultimate male. The issue is not one of league - why, from what I see you and her are matched quite well and evenly, albeit in different ways.

What does seem to be an issue is that you hang around in different cliques. You may be thinking that she's got higher social status because of the whole jock/cheerleader/drinker group thing, but from a overview, it's more that her friends aren't your friends as yet.

Maybe start hanging out with her friends and see how it goes?

Also, I might have missed it, but have you "confessed"? If so, how did she respond?
Apr 20, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2014
She can't be 'out of your league'. She can be 'not your type' or 'socially incompatible' though. You can always try talking to her, if you haven't before, or try to get to know her more to see if she really is THE one.

You could be 'out of HER league' as you guys so eloquently say, considering you watch anime, which automatically makes you superior. Of course, that's assuming this girl doesn't watch anime herself.
Apr 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
I feel like someone "out of your league" is just your mind saying to yourself how you aren't good enough when it's normally not true, or you just say it because you don't want to approach them. All it really comes down to is confidence, like lets say you approach the person who is "out of your league" and are a bit scared to and don't look as if you are confident in yourself, then it might actually come true as first impressions are very hard to change for a majority of people. I feel like it really depends on the people and how much you are willing to do.
Apr 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
I think it's a pretty stupid thing to have. One of my friends recently said to another friend "My girlfriend was saying that if you were better looking, you could go out with her best friend." It just seems cruel to judge people primarily based on things such as appearance, something, which for the most part, is not controllable.
Apr 20, 2014 1:15 PM
Mar 2014
Not really.

The handsome cute and seemingly "out of league" girl or guy at school or work might actually just be a nice and shy person who doesn't care too much for looks in a partner and values character and common interests the most.

You never know until you talk to them. That is literally all it takes to know.
Apr 20, 2014 6:44 PM
Apr 2011
Valpaul said:
Yogotah, with you being a geek in a jock's body, this is in my opinion the ultimate male. The issue is not one of league - why, from what I see you and her are matched quite well and evenly, albeit in different ways.

What does seem to be an issue is that you hang around in different cliques. You may be thinking that she's got higher social status because of the whole jock/cheerleader/drinker group thing, but from a overview, it's more that her friends aren't your friends as yet.

Maybe start hanging out with her friends and see how it goes?

Yeah, most of my analysis was partly for our social gaps, in terms of physicality we may be compatible.

I'm 6ft 7inches tall, used to be a star basketball player in high school, not buff at all, but have an athletic fit body. She's the pretty face, vivacious, and cheerleader form body. I'm not the best looking guy, but if you saw us walking together at a mall, there wouldn't be any second glances.

We do hang in different circles. This is mostly due to me being aware of who my friends really are. The group of guys encouraging me to skip class to smoke weren't really my friends, the other group that encouraged me to do homework with them before watching anime, or playing chess are my real friends. However, in the social game, I picked the wrong group, and have been ostracized by association. I don't care though, I love my friends to death.

I don't think I want to fit in with that 'group' again, this girl is different and unique, but her friends are stereotypical.

Also, I might have missed it, but have you "confessed"? If so, how did she respond?

I haven't seen her yet, since we are in Easter holidays. I didn't want to go the route of just blatantly saying " Uhh..I think I like you."

But we only have a couple weeks left into the semester, so I don't have time for elegance, I'll have to just tell her as soon as the opportunity arises.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Apr 21, 2014 1:30 AM
Apr 2014
I reckon that even though the friend incompatibility thing is a bit of a difficulty, it shouldn't affect the relationship between you and her. Because in the end, the relationship is not defined by either your friends or hers, it's defined by *you* (and her).

Have her friends been very overt about what they think of you? From what I see, they're probably not against you personally, but are just a bit wary or awkward about things that they don't really know much about (I.e. Different interests, etc).

Also, in the social game, I don't think you've picked the wrong group at all - they're your friends and you belong, and that's what matters.

Possibly her friends are a bit iffy about it all because you haven't yet gone with the next step and have the bf/gf relationship. At this stage they may just see you as one of her "other" friends which they can't easily find common ground with.

The route of an outright "confession" might seem really blatant and direct, but you don't want to be trapped in the kind of stasis that so often slows these kinds of relationships. From what you've told us, it seems that she likely does have feelings for you. Make the next step, and don't look back!
Apr 25, 2014 5:37 PM
Apr 2011
Update:

Will be going on a date with her next week.

She seemed rather pleased with me asking.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Apr 30, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
Any more updates OP?
Apr 30, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
You watch anime, right?

Have you ever seen Accel World?

Yeah. That's how it goes.

You can seriously date anybody you want. Nobody is out of your league. You can change someone's perspective of you just by talking to them more and actually becoming their friend. I can tell you that's how I've reversed so many situations in my case. We both agree from the beginning that we're both in the friend zone, but that changes as we talk more and more. I don't consider myself "attractive", but when there's someone I may have interest in, I try anyways.

Leagues don't exist. There's only those who will talk to you, and those who are shallow enough to turn you away.

EDIT: Just saw your update. Way to go!!!!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 30, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Everyone is simultaneously out of my league and im out of theirs.
Apr 30, 2014 5:16 PM
Apr 2011
Soren333 said:
Any more updates OP?

The date with the girl is on Friday!

However, I kinda of cheated and was able to hang out with her on Monday before our schedule date. She's big on running, and I was running too, and just happen to see her. I didn't think I should approach her, or in this case, increase my speed to match hers since girls are usually wary of guys being around when they are sweating etc...

But I didn't care and caught up with her anyway. Had a great talk about cars, music, and science. We're both in the science field, so we had a blast talking about that.

A pretty good indication of how Friday will be, hopefully.

I probably will have to tell her that I like her.
-Albert Camus

May 1, 2014 9:09 PM

Feb 2014
i hope she doesn't betray you like some people i have dated

May 1, 2014 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
yogotah said:
Update:

Will be going on a date with her next week.

She seemed rather pleased with me asking.

Fantastic! I wish you the utmost luck on your rendezvous with her on Friday!
May 1, 2014 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
Rendezvous sounds a lot cooler than date.
May 3, 2014 11:47 AM
Apr 2011
Not to a native french speaker, it doesn't haha

to me, 'rendezvous' sounds as corny as 'date'
-Albert Camus

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

26 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
2 minutes ago

» your most memorable memory

BroDa2545 - Apr 18

13 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 12 hours ago

7 by Otakupervert890 »»
1 hour ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

34 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
2 hours ago

» Do you like sport? ( 1 2 3 )

-miharu- - Mar 27, 2019

109 by InsomniacBastard »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.