Forum Settings
Forums

Merging the two Kakumeiki Valvrave Entries

New
Apr 18, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
I understand the guidelines saying different airings imply different entries, but I think an exception should be made for this series for the following reasons:

- in the opening of the second cour, the name of the series is still the same (without any change), Valvrave (and was likeliy produced at the same time as the first cour)
- the numbering of the episodes (in previews) start from 13, implying continuity
- the hiatus was a commercial move: hence while I understand the guidelines for movies, for series obviously not marketed as "sequels/second season" (and not even as 2 in this case contrary to stuff like White Album or Hakuouki) making two entries sounds uncalled for.

At any rate I find the name "Valvrave second season" slightly improper and would rather have something like "second cour" if the two entries cannot be merged.
EratiKApr 18, 2014 2:05 AM
Apr 18, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2007
Valvrave is clearly a split-cour anime... but the 2nd part is clearly labelled as the 2nd season on the official website (http://www.valvrave.com/). Right at the top it has "2ndシーズン", which means "2nd Season". Therefore, it is appropriate to have the DB entry for the 2nd half to have 2nd season in it.

Valvrave is in exactly the same situation as Fate/Zero anyhow.
EjcApr 18, 2014 3:56 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 18, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2012
Ejc said:
They really aren't, but I realize now the reasons I mentioned are unlikely to warrant an exception.
Apr 18, 2014 4:51 AM

Nov 2007
EratiK said:
Ejc said:
They really aren't, but I realize now the reasons I mentioned are unlikely to warrant an exception.

It is though. Both are split-cour, which are usually for commercial purposes as you stated before. Both had resetting episode counts for next cour. Both were explicitly labelled as 2nd seasons on the official websites. I think I remember the opening for Fate/Zero II did not say 2nd season in it as well, but correct me if i'm wrong here. Only difference I see is the labelling of the BD/DVD.

We have Valvrave 2nd season for the BD/DVDs. Then we have Fate/Zero Blu-Ray Box II for Fate/Zero, which is trying to hint it being the 2nd part of the whole of the Fate/Zero series. It's just the explicit labelling on the website that makes it inappropriate to not label the 2nd part as Fate/Zero 2nd Season.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8683 by Iranai_Sonsai »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
11 hours ago

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Yesterday, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.