Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2014 11:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Elfman is on fire! The power of family love is strong.
Apr 17, 2014 11:45 PM

Jul 2013
Nice to see some flashbacks. Forced to leave the village they were in, found themselves in Fairy Tail..

Stark700 said:
The power of family love is strong.

Yes indeed.

Elfman!
Apr 17, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
It was very neat to see some backstory for Elfman, Lisanna, and Mira. And I'm glad Mira didn't win this one on her own.

Great stuff Elfman! The family connection is powerful! :D
Apr 18, 2014 12:00 AM

Jan 2008
Elfman with takeover. I so called it, but it's exactly what I was hoping would happen. The power that once divided the family, now brings it together.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 18, 2014 12:23 AM

Apr 2014
Hopefully this is Elfman's redemption.
Apr 18, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
I liked this chapter. I've always wondered about the siblings' background.
Apr 18, 2014 1:11 AM

Oct 2013
Mira <3

Nice chapter! They could defeat Seira together as a family. However, I thought at first Mira would use a new badass-sexy-demon-power. :(
Apr 18, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
I am sure there are errors in the timeline introduced this chapter, but I am way too lazy to search through all FT chapters to find continuity mistakes.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 18, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
I am sure there are errors in the timeline introduced this chapter, but I am way too lazy to search through all FT chapters to find continuity mistakes.

The only one I noticed was Lisanna's guild stamp already being on her leg when, at least in the anime, it was on her shoulder pre-Edolas. Not sure if that's the case in the manga too or not, and I mean I guess it's possible she moved it to her shoulder for whatever reason. Guess when the anime adapts this they could fix it if need be. I can't remember if it was ever shown that Mira was a guild member before Erza and the others in any previous flashbacks, that seems like the only other thing that might be contradictory.

Anywho this was my favorite chapter since the counterattack began, Strauss family my favorite characters and it was all about them so...yeah. :D
Apr 18, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2012
Nice backstory of the three and Elfman to the rescue!
Apr 18, 2014 1:43 AM

Mar 2013
Wow. I didn't know there was going to be a part 2 to the Strauss sibling backstory. I always thought it was just going to be that in the past they were a happy sibling family until lissana died and then their lives were changed stuff and that was it. I was actually surprised.

Great chapter!
sweet5Apr 18, 2014 1:52 AM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 18, 2014 1:45 AM

Aug 2010
That was a nice conclusion :D

Good to see that Elfman had a moment of redemption :D Mira's past was pretty sad :(

And most of all glad that Natsu wasn't there to save the day XD
Apr 18, 2014 2:33 AM

Jun 2010
but really though, her strongest for outed by a 1 hit K.O. hell I ain't buying that but overall it was kinda dope, but didn't erza meet mira in the guild already looking dangerous?
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Apr 18, 2014 2:50 AM

May 2013
How did Elfman oneshot Sayla, someone who was able to easily dispatch Mira an S class wizard in her strongest from?

Every time I think a Tartaros member is not going to be fodder, he/she is going to be a legitimate threat (Sayla owning a S class Wizard and Franmalth using Hades soul plus Natsu magic) they get defeated in some bullshit way (oneshot by a weaker person than she just beat or owned by a rock).
Now I wonder how Gray is going to fodderize Silver.... 1/5
Apr 18, 2014 3:17 AM
Feb 2013
Are you nuts? elfodder defeated sayla because the chick's strength has been haxed by mira, thus she's exhausted that's why she's got boomed, plus elfodder surprise attack sayla................
#i hope sayla's not done yet!
#hiro must love sayla , just like ultear.
#sayla please stand.............hiro i beg you......
Apr 18, 2014 3:34 AM
Jan 2014
This is the true strength of the Strauss trio:They are always together...

Impressive.I was itching to see Elfman kick that bastard's ass....so I got what I expected.I did expect Mira would get a new form or something...but that would be quite an wild "asspull",wouldn't it?

Alegria...it reminds me of gloria,the chapter when Erza defeated Minerva in the tournament...

well,with this Tartarus only has 7 demons left,not counting Marde Guille,Minerva and E.N.D...
Honestly,I hope someone trolls jackal and finish him off in a chapter or on a two or three pags.Jackal already got 3 chapters dedicated to his fight...don't want them to feel wasted.
Since tempesta only got a chapter,I won't mind it...
Apr 18, 2014 3:39 AM

Oct 2012
Echoing what everyone else has mentioned so far, it was really nice to see some flashbacks with some backstory on Mira, Lisanna and Elfman.
Apr 18, 2014 3:49 AM
Feb 2013
the haters said that they defeated sayla because of power of friendship, love and bond...............

but remember: sayla got defeated because elfman surprise attack her and she's exhausted because mira take over her curse.... ...so say what you want haters, specially the haters in this forum: narutoforum, narutobase and onemangaforum...............

#hope sayla's not Done yet....hiro should love her just like ultear
Apr 18, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2014
Elfman you're the "MAN"!!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 18, 2014 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
I like the flashback, and I also liked how she got defeated in the end. A bit cheesy, but it was awesome regardless.
I got a feeling however that she isn't completely out of it yet after that hit...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 18, 2014 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
Even it Tartaros is being fodderized or whatever, you have to at least give Mashima credit for stepping up his game. He is actually giving explanation to their defeats other than "Herp derp you hurt my nakama now I'm gonna go god mode and stomp your ass".

I've actually enjoyed pretty much every chapter of this arc to be honest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2014 5:09 AM

Feb 2013
To protect the family is... OTOKOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GEE HEE !
Apr 18, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
Woohoo!!!! FAMILY LOVE WINS ALL!!! Elfman got his redemption and Revenge!!!! That is 3th Gate down...Only 6 Demon Gates left!!!

Really liked the flashback of the Strauss family and especially when it was Mira's Past....Humans can be so arrogant, ungrateful and stupid. Mira saves a village by taking over the Demon, and this is the thanks? that Village can just burn to the ground.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 18, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2013
Zenneth said:
To protect the family is... OTOKOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SOODA (THAT'S RIGHT)
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 18, 2014 5:15 AM
Apr 2011
:O

I do hope that this fight is not yet over. Otherwise, I'd be disappointed with demon mode. P:
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 18, 2014 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Love the flashback of Mira, Elfman and Lisanna. Mira was able to take control Seira's Marco and use Elfman against her which was awesome.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 18, 2014 5:32 AM

Nov 2013
The flashback was cool, the fight made no sense at all.
Apr 18, 2014 5:56 AM
Sep 2012
The women of Fairy Tail are not only beautiful but they are smart. First we see Lucy, now Mira use her brain to find a clevor way to victory. Starc constract to Natsu who just charges without a plan.

The flashback that was unexpected, but still don't see their parents. Did there parents abanden them because of Mira's powers, if that is the case why abanden Elfman and Lisanna also, die protecting them from people that wanted to kill Mira because of her powers, we may never know. We see Mira first meeting with Erza, though we don't see what began their rivalory, my guess is something to do with cake. Mira was about to leave her siblings, but they stopped her, a touching moment.

In present time, Mira is in trouble, she has to turn around or else she and Lisanna, and heck even Lammy are dead if Sayla is not stopped. She absorbs a bit of Sayla's power, which was more desperation than smarts, but than she uses macro not on Sayla but on Elfman, and now it is 3 against 2, Fairy Tail has the number advantage. But poor Elfman he is going to a human yo yo or a human rope in a tug of room isn't he, as I can see Mira and Sayla take turns controling him.

Mira is assured victory now unless someone else shows up. Though if she beats Sayla, what is her end game for Sayla, well she actully kill her, that goes against Mira's character, but after everything Sayla has done you couldn't blame her if she did, but still that is not the Mira I know, technically she did kill Ezel and Farnmouth, but that is just circumstances, that is not the same as having someone helpness unable to fight and to deal them a fatal blow. Perhaps that is what Marde Guille's role to kill off the losers. If Sayla does die, I hope we get backstory before that. Sayla is an interesting enough character I want to know more about her.
Apr 18, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2013
Meh, not much happened. Felt like one of the shortest FT chapters.
Apr 18, 2014 7:04 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic chapter as usual. Wasn't expecting the flashback but it was a really nice touch to see how they joined. The way Sayla was defeated was clever, hadn't thought about Mira taking over just her curse and using it to bring Elfman in to take her out, he has the strength to do so from that hight with all his power against a weakened foe. Family wins.
Apr 18, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2013
They had it rough when they were young. Elfman showing up at the end. Time to protect your sisters.
Apr 18, 2014 8:29 AM
Jan 2014
Well,sayla has quite a weak point to compensate her destructive power...if she doesn't give herself an order through Macro,she can't control herself.
Also,don't underestimate full beast soul Elfman's power...the attack was clean...and on her back.
Apr 18, 2014 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
twas nice, the fight scene a bit so-so, but w/e
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Apr 18, 2014 8:53 AM

Sep 2010
OTOKO PAWNCH
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 18, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
Great seeing the back story about Mira. Was sad to see the harsh upbringing the trio had. As for Sayla getting one shot...I don't think she's exactly down and out for the count just yet but we'll see I guess. I got a feeling Mira will get a new form a little later on possibly but guess only time will tell.
Apr 18, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty tedious chapter, it shouldn't of taken 18 pages for Elfman to appear, that's really all that happened.
Apr 18, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
All right Elfman, time for redemption and revenge! I hope Mira's not taken out of the fight just yet, because she did do most of the work for Elfman. I still want to see her with a few hidden moves up her sleeve. So I hope the fight's still a chapter or two from being over.

Next chapter... Fus... ion.... HA! Behold! Elf-Mira Demon thingy
Apr 18, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
Sorry but i call bullshit. Taking her Macro didn't make her physical power weaker and her power difference to Elfman is so big that in no way he should K>O her like that.
Apr 18, 2014 10:38 AM
Jul 2013
I loved the flashback, their past was so sad... Feel sorry for them.
Why isn't Lisanna doing anything??
Go Elfman!! Poor Mira-chan...
Apr 18, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2012
I might forgot.. but I thought Mira came first before Natsu..

Apr 18, 2014 11:37 AM
Apr 2012
People calling BS on Elfman taking out Sayla are seriously underestimating him. Not the greatest fighter no but on pure brute strength with the element of surprise not many can match him.
Apr 18, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2012
VulgarFairy said:
People calling BS on Elfman taking out Sayla are seriously underestimating him. Not the greatest fighter no but on pure brute strength with the element of surprise not many can match him.
+ Altitude and Direct Hit..

Apr 18, 2014 11:50 AM
Apr 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
+ Altitude and Direct Hit..

Exactly, all that put together and taking Sayla out becomes a very real possibility.
Apr 18, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man everything was fine until that ending, just how? :(
Apr 18, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
Ramkec said:
Oh man everything was fine until that ending, just how? :(

I believe you didn't read the last pages of the chapter properly.
Apr 18, 2014 3:40 PM
Feb 2014
It's an awesome chapter, would've loved if Sayla showed more moves, and the fight to last longer, cause I just love Sayla :D but still really great chapter :)
Apr 18, 2014 3:43 PM

May 2012
Good back story, but I believe there's inconsistency in the timeline.

Also, wouldn't it be nice to see Sayla (if conscious) and Mira fight over the control for Elfman using the "order" macro?
Apr 18, 2014 5:50 PM
Dec 2013
The power of family is indeed strong!
So if Natsu used the power of family, wouldn't he be way superior than other situations when he used nakama power?

I was waiting for a *BADASSLaxusMakesSexyLightningEntranceToSaveMirajane* moment. but Elfman did the job ... he is truly a man! ;P
I love seeing young Natsu,Gray and the others!
Apr 18, 2014 5:54 PM
Jan 2014
Nice chapter. Mira had it hard tho, I always thought gentle her that smiled a lot was just a facade due to lisanna's death but turns out the scary her that always fought with erza was a facade as well and I don't think seira's been defeated yet. And who is this marde guille guy I thought kyouka was the leader after END
Apr 18, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, that turn over xD

Mira-nee has taken her ability and used it to control Elf-man xD

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Today, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.