MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shangri-La »» Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
View Poll Results: Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

33 42.31%
4 out of 5: Liked it

16 20.51%
3 out of 5: It was OK

14 17.95%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

9 11.54%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 7.69%
Voters: 78

09-17-09, 7:35 AM

lrv3646 said:
This anime would have been more enjoyable if I had watched all the episodes at once. It was so complex and had so much going on that it was hard to follow.

i agree with this. i was really lost many times throughout the series and i wish it could have been a clearer story line. i wasn't really a fan of the ending. mostly because it seemed kinda rushed. the big 'final boss battle' was like 2 minutes long. the best part was karin and miiko. i tended to like karin the best. overall it was decent. 9/10 maybe...

oh! and where was the kunihitoxkuniko i've been waiting for the entire series for?! maybe that will bring my rating for this show down. i had high hopes for some kind of 'not just friends' interaction from kuniko. gah! annoying.

09-17-09, 10:26 AM

I enjoyed all the anime of Shangri-la - the characters too especially Karin (she is very cute with her hair down *-*). Gonzo did a good job !
But, it's pity that this ending is too easy and quick... In my opinion, 26 episodes would be better than 24 episodes to have a good conclusion.

I tought i will give it 9/10, but with this ending, i prefer 8/10. It's really pity because i liked very much this show. =O

09-17-09, 1:08 PM

Don't know if it's only me but with Kuniko's power boost she got from taking the spear (enormous speed and raw power to swing that big thing easely) I was expecting a more epic fight against Zeus, with cannon, gun and everything but we got a cheap end for Zeus.

I really liked the anime but the end wasn't that good imo. 3/5

09-17-09, 9:21 PM

interesting series and concept but the ending kinda sucked.... 6/10

09-17-09, 9:28 PM

Sadly, this is one of the better Gonzo endings off the top of my head. That said, it is still a mind-bogglingly thoughtless and simple conclusion to a complicated story, and thus, I didn't feel a bit satisfied. Everything just felt too lame and too childish (except for maybe Mi-ko talking to Mikuni). They leave Kuniko and Kunihito totally unresolved, and kill Takehiko because he pretty much shouldn't have been in the show at all.

The show could have been a 9, but the middle was too slow and didn't go anywhere. It could have been an 8, but the end was too slow and didn't go anywhere. Basically, the show stands on a great concept, exposition, and development with Mikuni, but barely passes or fails everywhere else. I give it a 7/10.

09-17-09, 10:21 PM

noteDhero said:
Sadly, this is one of the better Gonzo endings off the top of my head. That said, it is still a mind-bogglingly thoughtless and simple conclusion to a complicated story, and thus, I didn't feel a bit satisfied. Everything just felt too lame and too childish (except for maybe Mi-ko talking to Mikuni). They leave Kuniko and Kunihito totally unresolved, and kill Takehiko because he pretty much shouldn't have been in the show at all.

The show could have been a 9, but the middle was too slow and didn't go anywhere. It could have been an 8, but the end was too slow and didn't go anywhere. Basically, the show stands on a great concept, exposition, and development with Mikuni, but barely passes or fails everywhere else. I give it a 7/10.

It's kinda rare I agree with you but I agree wholefully on the entire post.

09-18-09, 4:08 AM

noteDhero said:

Rarely, I agree with you too but that seems fair.

I definitely agree that this was one of the better GONZO endings. (But nearly anything is better than Linebarrels)

09-18-09, 5:50 AM

best part of the ep
XD

lrv3646 said:
This anime would have been more enjoyable if I had watched all the episodes at once.

I agree with that

I bonus point for the opening and one for Karin.
I admit some episodes, esspecially in the first half of the show, but after that the quality of the plot dropped 6/10
Modified by Fabienne, 09-21-09, 1:23 AM

09-18-09, 8:11 AM

if kuniko and kunihito had at least held hands, i would give it a 8/10 instead of a 7/10

09-18-09, 9:10 AM

garfield15 said:
Rarely, I agree with you too but that seems fair.

I definitely agree that this was one of the better GONZO endings. (But nearly anything is better than Linebarrels)

I think Druaga is the worst in recent memory...especially since it was a decent to good show, and just slowly depreciated every week.

09-18-09, 11:29 AM

It's finally over. At first, i find it hard to like this anime due to it's complexity, but after episode 12 things starded getting interesting with Karin, Kuniko, Mikuni even also with Kunihito. A great anime with a complex plot and enviromental science, politics and even economy.

What i waited the whole series is showing Zhang !! he finally shows up with Klaris, i really curious what do he looks like. Also what dissapoint me is they couldn't show Kunihito-Kuniko pairing ending which i waited since the beginning of the series. Well, a pretty much okay anime by GONZO. At least better than that crappy linebarrel lol

09-19-09, 5:41 AM

Woah, epic entrance is epic xD
Let's see then what this episode has in store : D
Ryoko's as despicable as always xD
Soichiro's one sly character too xD

Wieeee Medusa : 3 Although Medusa seems to.. uuh.. It's cute ^^ Naaaw Medusa drowned : (

Fick yeah, Awesome fight, although a bit short : /
Kuniko goes into hypermode xD

The return of Sayoko, the never-dying aide of Mikuni xD

Awesome! A huge boomerang, can it get more awesome! : D

Lol Soichiro was owned by Takehiko : D (or actually by those whatever-they're-called plants ^^)

Awesome fight Kuniko vs. Zeus : D

And Mikuni suddenly got normal eyes, thanks to Mi-ko's spirit, and her horrible powers were removed too.

I'm also happy for Karin, getting to meet Zhang and Klaris in person, and Medusa being reborn (yay ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶) Now they can rebuild their fortunes once again wohoo ^^

And the huge boomerang was really cool : p

I'm not sure... this ending, kinda increases the awesomeness of this series a whole lot, maybe I'll give it a 9 instead of 8/10? O.o But.. compared to other stuff I've given 9... Nah 8 is just fine, it's a really good score actually ^^

And we get the only time Ever in the series that someone actually says "Shangri-La" xD
...wait, the Doumo clocktower is still there?O.o

Edit: Oh and btw, this last episode was clearly a 5/5 : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

09-19-09, 8:12 AM

noteDhero said:
I think Druaga is the worst in recent memory...especially since it was a decent to good show, and just slowly depreciated every week.
F*ck that ending.

"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie."

09-19-09, 11:01 AM

9Tale said:
The last handful of episodes were downright terrible, culminating in this disgusting mess of GONZO Finale.

Absolutly. High quality animation was all this series had, and it can't make up for a mess of a story. 7 out of 10

09-20-09, 10:43 AM

Siva said:
noteDhero said:
F*ck that ending.

Lol I don't even remember it (Tower of Druaga ending)

Other than the fact that this series is messed up with physics-defying fights and weapon use (how can Kuniko wield a boomerang that big? Himiko powers maybe?) and with convoluted mysticism as someone pointed out, the concept is original. It could have been a LOT better than this...because the script look like one written by an elementary student (very energetic, a lot of random stuffs happening, not very coherent, etc)

8/10 for now because I enjoyed some episodes. And yes the ratings have gone up and I'm more satisfied with the current ratings....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

09-20-09, 11:33 AM

wakka9ca said:
Lol I don't even remember it (Tower of Druaga ending)

Other than the fact that this series is messed up with physics-defying fights and weapon use (how can Kuniko wield a boomerang that big? Himiko powers maybe?) and with convoluted mysticism as someone pointed out, the concept is original. It could have been a LOT better than this...because the script look like one written by an elementary student (very energetic, a lot of random stuffs happening, not very coherent, etc)

8/10 for now because I enjoyed some episodes. And yes the ratings have gone up and I'm more satisfied with the current ratings....

Well you don't have to remember it either so that you can have some good taste of the series.

I agree with you and the others that they could have done it better with the concept they had. And yeah, I enjoyed some episodes a lot, specially the one that they get all the prison girls killed.

"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie."

09-21-09, 7:43 AM

7/10

A bit cheap in the ending there Gonzo, bringing back I think 3 characters that should have been dead.

Otherwise I liked the ending.

Why a 7, too many stupid plot twist and went too far into the happy ending(I liked the Miko bit though)
My anime list

09-26-09, 5:56 AM

It'd rate it 6/10

09-26-09, 8:31 PM

Siva said:

I agree with you and the others that they could have done it better with the concept they had. And yeah, I enjoyed some episodes a lot, specially the one that they get all the prison girls killed.

Agree that the prison episode was one of the more impactful ones. Their deaths really hit me hard, and made me hate the bitch with the painted face even more.

Pity that the later tearjerking moments didn't work for me; I was too busy trying to figure out (as someone else pointed out) the messy mystic crap.

Killing children to stabilise a building? Plastering people with used toilet paper to possess them? What?

7/10 on account of the awesome first half of the show

09-27-09, 1:18 PM

9Tale said:
The last handful of episodes were downright terrible, culminating in this disgusting mess of GONZO Finale.

I think tried hard with it, resulting into ending the series in a rush.
They prolly couldn't think of any other way to end the series. -shrugs-
But who knows?

It was a good start, but this ending is 'fail', for me.
I guess Gonzo can pull something better next time. I'm hoping for that. And that next time, I sure hope one episode doesn't end up congested like the last episodes of this one.
Over all, the series had good character design, good plot, good start, good music and it had potential and it especially had a lovely cast of voice-actors.
What brought it down was the failed execution and how the last few episodes ended up being stuffed with all the other unanswered info; it could've been better... oh well.

I give it an 8/10.
I would've gave it a 9, but something inside of me tells me to give it an 8 instead.
But I enjoyed the series either way.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices