Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2014 11:23 AM

May 2013
I'm looking for an actiony shounen with a girl as a main character. Preferably completed, but it doesnt have to be. Anime or manga. Good story and characters. And please not with the girl being fanservicey all or most of the time if possible.
Rocko52Apr 17, 2014 11:42 AM
Apr 17, 2014 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
Doesn't exist.
Apr 17, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2013
Well dat wasn't too helpful. :P

Anyone got something?
Apr 17, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Shakugan no Shana
Apr 17, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2013
For that would you recommend the anime, ovas, manga, ln, etc? It seems like there's a lot to this series and I'm wondering which version is the best, what order to read/watch etc.
Apr 17, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Rocko52 said:
For that would you recommend the anime, ovas, manga, ln, etc? It seems like there's a lot to this series and I'm wondering which version is the best, what order to read/watch etc.

Just watch the anime. And prepare to be butthurt when season 3 starts. It gets better though.

Also the first 4 eps or so of season 2 are kind of slow but then it goes beast mode.
Apr 17, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2013
Alrighty, thanks for the recommendation!

So any more recs anyone?
Apr 17, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
Medaka Box. You can watch the anime, then continue with the manga.

Claymore is a shounen manga with a female Protagonist. Actually most of the cast are female characters.

Soul Eater has a main female character and a Co-Protagonist, if I'm not mistaken.

Battle Angel Alita, not a shounen manga but might interest you.

Yozakura Quartet possibly.

Mahou Tsukai Kurohime
Apr 17, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
Medaka Box. You can watch the anime, then continue with the manga.

Claymore is a shounen manga with a female Protagonist. Actually most of the cast are female characters.

Soul Eater has a main female character and a Co-Protagonist, if I'm not mistaken.

Battle Angel Alita, not a shounen manga but might interest you.

Yozakura Quartet possibly.

I agree with everything here but medaka box. That show sucks taint.

Also watch Madoka Magicka. It isn't shounen but if you don't watch it you are punishing yourself.
Apr 17, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Also watch Madoka Magicka. It isn't shounen but if you don't watch it you are punishing yourself.

Nope. You probably didn't read the manga or only watched the first season.

And stop recommending random anime that don't fit the OP request.
Apr 17, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
SolviteSekai said:

Nope. You probably didn't read the manga or only watched the first season.

And stop recommending random anime that don't fit the OP request.

Madoka Magicka has fight scenes and a female MC.

Since Battle Shounen isn't an actual genre I can recc things that are similar. Go away troll.
Apr 17, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2013
It's alright, I'll take what I'm given, no need to fight. ^_^ Madoka is a show I've been planning to watch for a while tho. What has me hooked is the idea of Madoka being to Magical Girls as Evangelion is to Super Robot. It's a show I've really wanted to watch for a while. I've already watched Soul Eater, and plan to read the manga. That was the type of thing I'm going for, Maka is a strong MC who I love. So I'm just looking for other shounen action (or other action-y shows) with strong female leads without much if any fanservice, and these look like good choices. Thanks everyone!

Claymore also sounds like a good choice, kinda like a gender swapped Berserk. XD

I'm open to more recs, but I'm good with these too.
Apr 17, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
Rocko52 said:
It's alright, I'll take what I'm given, no need to fight. ^_^ Madoka is a show I've been planning to watch for a while tho. What has me hooked is the idea of Madoka being to Magical Girls as Evangelion is to Super Robot. It's a show I've really wanted to watch for a while. I've already watched Soul Eater, and plan to read the manga. That was the type of thing I'm going for, Maka is a strong MC who I love. So I'm just looking for other shounen action (or other action-y shows) with strong female leads without much if any fanservice, and these look like good choices. Thanks everyone!

Claymore also sounds like a good choice, kinda like a gender swapped Berserk. XD

Just don't discourage about watching Medaka Box, the first season is not that good and it starts of as a slice of life. The third arc which is only in the manga is where the story shines.
Apr 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Rocko52 said:

Shana is the closest thing to a Female Lead Battle Shounen if you refuse to watch fan service.

If you are willing to put up with fan service, Kill la Kill is excellent.
Apr 17, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2013
I've already watched Kill la Kill and loved it. Like I said, I'm not exactly opposed to fanservice, I'd just like a show without it for once if possible.
Apr 17, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
Venus Versus Virus is a good shounen action series with female leads. The manga is better, but the anime's not bad either.

Akuma no Riddle looks like it's heading in this direction, although it's seinen, not shounen.

From your plan-to-watch list, Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu is fun, but again, it's seinen, not shounen.
Apr 17, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2013
Those also sound like good choices, thank ya. ^_^
Apr 17, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
Claymore
Blood+
Shitsurakuen
Apr 17, 2014 1:04 PM
Feb 2013
Binbougami ga! - Watch anime then read manga (or just read manga because it's better).

Ga-Rei: Zero - Not shounen but it's got fighting and some comedy. Read the manga (sequel) afterwards if you liked it.

1+ Medaka Box - Not seen the anime but the manga was pretty good.
Apr 17, 2014 2:54 PM

May 2013
+1 for Claymore
Aug 13, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2015
I'd say Seirei no Moribito. Amazing female lead who is kickass in fighting, smart and brave, great world building and an interesting plot.

Also, there is no fanservice, so no worries! I don't like that either.
...At least let me finish.

Aug 13, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
Starisametaphor said:
I'd say Seirei no Moribito. Amazing female lead who is kickass in fighting, smart and brave, great world building and an interesting plot.

Also, there is no fanservice, so no worries! I don't like that either.

I'm brand new to this site and still updating my anime list, but I have to agree with the suggestion of Seirei no Moribito, it is hidden gem that many have never seen, but deserves more recognition.

There is also "a certain scientific railgun" but it does have some fanservice not a lot, but I'd only check it out if you cant find anything else.
Aug 13, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Manga, really good)
Shakugan no Shana (This is the DEFINITION of female shounen action anime).
Claymore (manga).
Blood + (anime, such a good one, not as well known as the other titles here).
Battle Angel Alita (another good manga, has a sequel as well).

I would say Seriei no Moribito is more seinen than shounen but it really is great.

Out of all of these, I highly recommend Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Blood +.

One manga and one anime.
Aug 13, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
These don't really follow a shounen style plot but do have females in action-y scenes. Minimal fanservice.

Hidan no Aria
Sky Girls -- 3 (later 4) female mc's. Fairly long training bit before they actually get to the combat. Actually I liked the training segment better than the fighting, tbh.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Mar 16, 2018 10:39 AM

May 2015
JoJo Part 6: Stone Ocean

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I

More topics from this board

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - 1 hour ago

0 by WitchDoc »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

7 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
6 hours ago

» An anime that's impossible to hate

AnimeDownUnder - Apr 4

23 by Skuletor »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - Apr 12

8 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

» Versus is surprisingly interesting, any other manga, manhwa, or anime with similar content?

aLotQuestion_ - Yesterday

0 by aLotQuestion_ »»
Yesterday, 11:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.