Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that got ugly fast. Poor Yamano. But seriously, shit got real this episode.

I kinda like how the OST and expressions captured the grim moments of the episode. Nagate is still being picked on for fun though lol like with the locker room. I like the pacing of this episode overall. I smell some death flags though. Yuhata is also introduced so I'm curious to see her skills in this show.
Stark700Apr 18, 2014 10:38 AM
Apr 17, 2014 9:31 PM
Apr 17, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2010
Damn! That was amazing!

The fight was really awesome! How Yamamo just got eaten like that O~O the animation was really great.

Nice seeing Nagate actually hitting the Gauna. He really is pretty BA in fights. And Dat cannon :O
The explosion was huge!

Nagate getting owned by the girls when he saw them changing XD

The setting of this world is quite amazing though. The catheter thing was really nice.

It's really dark though. Dat dream O_O WTH was that?!

And seems like we have a harem incoming? Shizuka seems interested in him :3
Isana totally Jelly seeing them together and that Yuhata girl seems like a fan girl? XD
Not to mention the elite 4.

We'll this ep got me hooked. Next ep we'll see the 2nd Gauna fight.
Apr 17, 2014 11:21 PM

May 2013
Poor Yamano. After watching this episode, I am really enjoying this anime. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 17, 2014 11:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I totally sympathize with Nagate for throwing up and being somewhat traumatized by the Gauna. Seriously, those things are hideous. Even worse is that it took the form of Yamano after it ate her.

Izana jealous :( Izana's such a great friend though, always defending Nagate.

And lol at the catheter scene.
Apr 17, 2014 11:40 PM

Jan 2010
Is that just me or animation has improved a bit? Anyway, the story is getting interesting and i love this world's setting. Hope we'll get some incredible action scenes next time. *___*
Apr 17, 2014 11:41 PM
Mar 2012
Godamn, I really love the atmosphere of the anime. Action, slice-of-life, and soundtrack are all amazing.
Apr 17, 2014 11:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Tentacle Gauna takes Yamano away...

Nagate was awesome; recovering all of a sudden and counterattacking the Gauna!

The Heavy-Mass Cannon takes care of the Gauna for the time being.

Those Honoka sisters and their pink hair. All look the same. O.o

Nagate is still being picked on.
Though, going by the girls' locker room to check the handrail safety was a wrong move..

That little dream was quite bizarre.. and a little creepy..

Shizuka is cute. I hope she's not a third gender. XD
Did Izana get a little jealous seeing Shizuka and Nagate together? O.o

How Kunato was expecting that Akai came to visit him and instead he goes to Nagate. XD
Oh, Yuhata is interested in Nagate as well. ;)

Good episode. Hope to see more actions next week.

Apr 18, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
I hope you all wear headphones when watching this, because holy shit... The sound effects are to die for.

Brutal episode too btw.
Apr 18, 2014 12:16 AM

Sep 2012
the first I've seen CG as epic as this. Well, the atmosphere in this episode is even better than the manga
Apr 18, 2014 12:41 AM

Jul 2012
Framerate is better overall than the previous episode which helps a lot with the viewing experience as it was very distracting for me in the first episode. I'm just waiting for Tanikaze to cut some Gauna tentacles and show us his moves that got him 99999 points in the simulator.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 18, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Entravity said:
I'm just waiting for Tanikaze to cut some Gauna tentacles and show us his moves that got him 99999 points in the simulator.
Hell yeah man, I love seeing the faces of people that underestimate others to then be absolutely surprised by how much better they are.
Apr 18, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
Finally the framerate is getting better although it's still not something i would call 'perfect'.

The battle scenes are quite good.

Was i just seeing a love triangle in the making ?

Uh oh, i could sense some animosity from his senpai on next episode.

7/10 for now. I'll keep watching until the end.
Apr 18, 2014 1:04 AM

Dec 2013
It'd be kinda lame if Tanikaze turns out to be half Gauna or something. The story resembles Muv-Luv Alternative which is a nice thing. This episode was better than the previous so I'm hoping that it'll continue the same way but they left too much to be explained on the next episode for my taste.
Apr 18, 2014 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
The animation seemed much more smooth this time around

Impressive episode, the battle and the music, great stuff

That Gauna was creepy though, first eating Yamano and then taking her form, gross.

I really want to see more BA Nagate, give that guy a spear already

What's up with these bears walking around? Everything is pretty realistic and then suddenly, a bear....

So many questions, will keep watching
LauraBirdieApr 18, 2014 1:30 AM
Apr 18, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
mmmm devo, i like the pace now. its falling into place, and this new chick at the end wants the d.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 18, 2014 2:05 AM
Feb 2012
Anon1409 said:
It'd be kinda lame if Tanikaze turns out to be half Gauna or something. The story resembles Muv-Luv Alternative which is a nice thing. This episode was better than the previous so I'm hoping that it'll continue the same way but they left too much to be explained on the next episode for my taste.

Don't worry he's not.
Apr 18, 2014 2:07 AM

Nov 2012
This is legendary stuff..
Apr 18, 2014 2:34 AM

Jun 2013
I'm really liking this so far. The animation definitely improved. Also I love the atmosphere and the soundtrack. Seriously the OP and ED are fantastic. Can't wait to see more action scenes.
Apr 18, 2014 3:31 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode.

OP and ED are indeed excellent. Something I love to listen all the time in the background, even.

The story seems very interesting too.

The setting is very well designed. I like the feeling of hopelessness in the air.

Hands down best show this season, along with Ping Pong for me. And there is Mushishi of course, but I need to finish S1 first...

Oh, and I don't care about the inconsistency of the CG at all. I can see it being a big deal to some people though.
cupcApr 18, 2014 3:45 AM
Apr 18, 2014 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
Another awesome episode. Maybe I'm becoming cold-hearted but I didn't feel any sympathy for Yamano at all. It was disturbing though...hearing the horror in her screams, getting devoured and then the Gauna assumed her form. Horror, brutality, despair...this show is not kidding at all. I feel sorry for those who dropped this simply because they didn't like CG. They're missing out on an amazing show.

Kunato got brushed off ahaha! The look on his face = priceless. I can't wait to see his face when Tanikaze shows his real skills.

The OP = cannot be skipped.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 18, 2014 5:22 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, Yamano got eaten pretty fast. I wonder if she didn't die?
As of always, loving the OP.

Nagate showed some good moves there.
The sound effects were good.

Dat heavy-mass cannon though.
The 2 missiles of Nagate.. that knockback lol

Izana always with Nagate. Shipping Izana x Nagate now.
Oh my god, Nagate unknowingly enters female locker room. XD

dat dream scared the shit out of me.
That nurse was sexy though.

Izana is jealous lolol
Yuhata is excited to see Nagate lol.
4 elites met him too.

Really excited for next week's episode.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 18, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
haha!! That last scene where Akai's squad passes Kunato (aka Mr.Butthurt) without saying a word. You can see how Kunato is waiting Akai to stop,but he continues walking.
Apr 18, 2014 6:08 AM

Jul 2007
ANOTHER GREAT EPISODE.

Its nice to see that CGI still does not disappoint and are backed up by VERY good sound effects.

10/10

Hakuryuukou said:

Was i just seeing a love triangle in the making ?

AHAHA, oh the unaware people.

LauraBirdie said:

What's up with these bears walking around? Everything is pretty realistic and then suddenly, a bear....

Its Tsutomu Nihei thing. Every work he created contains three things:
1) impossible architecture
2) Genetic monstrocities
3) talking bears
Apr 18, 2014 6:26 AM

Dec 2011
The episode was really interesting and i loved how Nagate revided to kick Gauna ass.
It seems poor Nagate now throws up when he remembers how that girl got killed by the Gauna and it took her form.
A girl is looking up information on Nagate's battle with the Gauna and is in awe.
Izana was clearly jealous when she (I'll refer to Izana as a girl) saw Hoshijiro talking and laughing with Nagate.
The famous pilot is interested in Nagate and not in the top student pilot hehe.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 18, 2014 6:34 AM
Dec 2012
Nice i'm loving how Nagate is getting recognized at a (to me atleast) a proper pace. And damn he's a badass vs that Gauna. Annnnd was that our first death on the counter?
Apr 18, 2014 6:58 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode. It seems they didn't pull any punches with the animation this time since it look smooth. Next episode should be good since it should be apporaching Sidonia soon.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 18, 2014 7:53 AM
Dec 2010
I can smell the Suisei no Gargantia
Apr 18, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
LauraBirdie said:
Everything is pretty realistic and then suddenly, a bear....

Don't worry about Hiyama, she has her reasons for being a "bear".
Apr 18, 2014 9:14 AM

May 2013
The animation and the pacing was a lot better than the first episode. The fight was done really well and they spent their animation budget a lot better.
Apr 18, 2014 9:32 AM

Jan 2012
The ep was pretty interesting but really the animation urgh... still not better than last ep :( how can it be so stiff...
Apr 18, 2014 9:50 AM
Jan 2012
The episode felt short and the ending felt abrupt. Was captivating though. I'm ready for that guana attack in 3 days. They mentioned it shedding it's placenta? So this is just a baby guana?
Apr 18, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2013
The choppy animation prevented me from truly enjoying that fight with the Gauna.

Other than that this anime is certainly one of the more interesting mecha anime this season. The story is dark and engaging with a good dose of fan service too. I can only imagine how the catheter insert themselves into the pilot's genital. It looks like the girls really enjoyed it though..
Apr 18, 2014 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. Too bad that Yamano died.

The Elite Four met Nagate, I looking forward to see what they want to ask Nagate on the episode.
Apr 18, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
The fight with Nagate and gauna was cool. Poor guy even puked on izana later. I lold at izana getting jealous when he/she saw nagate with shizuka. And that elbow when he walked into the girl's changing room o.o
Z4KApr 18, 2014 11:05 AM
Apr 18, 2014 11:07 AM
Nov 2013
Damn, that escalated quickly. That gauna was ugly, amazing action scene and poor Yamano. Is the girl that was introduced at the end going to become important?
Apr 18, 2014 11:44 AM
Jan 2011
Ooooh Poor Yamano, she just became the Gauna's lunch.
Apr 18, 2014 11:57 AM

Sep 2008
If this show had normal CGI I'm almost certain it'd be among the best shows this season for many people. A shame really.

This is really good show, interesting story, characters are getting some development, heck, they even bothered showing some backstory for a girl that died last episode (well, technically this one, but you know what I mean).

Big shame this is gonna fly under the radar.

Oh, and those suits going into, ehm, parts of a body, was a funny little detail. It was an interesting detail nonetheless.
Apr 18, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
I have a feeling this will become just as underrated as Kingdom was/is because of the animation, looks like it's the same group behind it. Though, I do think that this is likely the best anime of this season and I am looking forward to more episodes. And I absolutely LOVE to OP music.
Apr 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
Man. This anime paid attention to the simplest of details regarding the sounds.
I mean, the sounds when he operates his Guardian didn't feel fake. I really liked that.

Some anime just pay too much attention to the bigger details and forget the smaller details that make a difference.
Apr 18, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
Why do you people even care about this Yamano? There's plenty more where that came from. More than half of that class consists of this type of clone.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 18, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
Antanaru said:
Why do you people even care about this Yamano? There's plenty more where that came from. More than half of that class consists of this type of clone.

She wasn't a clone.
Apr 18, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2007
Uncanny said:
I have a feeling this will become just as underrated as Kingdom was/is because of the animation, looks like it's the same group behind it. Though, I do think that this is likely the best anime of this season and I am looking forward to more episodes. And I absolutely LOVE to OP music.

It does not have lolis, harems, incests or gary stus. AND it has an actual plot. Of course it is going to fly under radar. MAL only eats generic bullshit like this. Why would otherwise brillaint and inventive stuff like this or Casshern Sins sit below 8/10, while, most generic bullshit gets hyped?

Oh and yes, this is not 2d, so generic otaku weebos would insta-hate it

Antanaru said:

Wrong girl. This one was a normal.
Apr 18, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2008
Uncanny said:

I hated Kingdom and absolutely adore this.

Except for CGI, this show and that one share nothing in common.
Apr 18, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2012
Fai said:
It does not have lolis, harems, incests or gary stus. AND it has an actual plot. Of course it is going to fly under radar. MAL only eats generic bullshit like this. Why would otherwise brillaint and inventive stuff like this or Casshern Sins sit below 8/10, while, most generic bullshit gets hyped?

Oh and yes, this is not 2d, so generic otaku weebos would insta-hate it

I agree with almost everything you said, except that Sidonia no Kishi does have lolis (if you consider the actual age of the Honoka sisters) and it is also a harem.
Apr 18, 2014 1:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Awesome. Has everything I want in a story and I love the hard sci-fi feel to it. As soon as this series is over I'm gonna buy the manga.

I cannot for the love of God understand how MAL'ers think. This show should easily be up there as some of the best this season, and yet, and yet... it's criminaly underrated compared to other shows. Is it the 3D animation or what? I don't get it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 18, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
Pallax said:

I agree with almost everything you said, except that Sidonia no Kishi does have lolis (if you consider the actual age of the Honoka sisters) and it is also a harem.

Loli term is defined by character design, not age.
As for harem part...welll
Apr 18, 2014 1:36 PM

Aug 2012
Marzan said:
Is it the 3D animation or what? I don't get it.

Probably, which is a shame.

Oh, and go read the manga, it's awesome.
VeldarthApr 18, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 18, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2008
Even though the animation put me off at first, this show has really been growing on me. It's just so easy to immerse myself in the sidonia world, I'm loving it so far! I'll probably go check out the manga since the temptation for spoilers is just too overwhelming. Best show of the season so far.
Apr 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know why people are put off by the CGI. I think it is a nice touch to the series and makes it more unique especially during the fight scenes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

227 by fooumies »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:12 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.