Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2014 6:03 PM

Nov 2012
orchidork said:
mayukachan said:

I thought it was Captain Earth or Black Bullet this season. NGNL I've seen a few haters/dislikers already =P

no glove no love huh? interesting OvO

i thought captain earth for sure was gonna be really talked about but i guess it's being overshadowed by mekakucity actors, mahouka, no game no life, haikyuu, etc

a few quick questions- how much ecchi is in no game no life? is the male mc annoying? should i try out the show?

I haven't watched episode 3 that came out today yet. But based on the first two episodes, I wouldn't say he's annoying, but I find both him and his sister's character type not very interesting to me, and the whole premise of the show is sort of shallow to me. IDK a lot of people like this show, its not easy to explain why I dislike it, just gives sort of a cheezy/odd vibe to me. A lot of people like the comedy too but I don't think I've laughed yet watching this show.

I have no idea what you may define as a lot of ecchi or not, there is some especially in the 2nd episode.

On a tangent here, but : ecchi never bothers me being a strait guy, I don't understand why so many guys on MAL are always concerned with their being "too much fanservice" or somehow get offended when they see partial nudity?
midnightbladeApr 23, 2014 6:06 PM
Apr 23, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
Date A Live II is most talked
Mahouka koukou no rettousei is most hype
Apr 23, 2014 6:11 PM

Sep 2012
orchidork said:

i thought captain earth for sure was gonna be really talked about but i guess it's being overshadowed by mekakucity actors, mahouka, no game no life, haikyuu, etc

a few quick questions- how much ecchi is in no game no life? is the male mc annoying? should i try out the show?
I tried watching it but I honestly think something like space mecha is really niche. I couldn't get into it.

There's definitely ecchi in NGNL but it's not in your face like you would expect from a full on ecchi show. It is well done though.

The male MC is actually a pretty cool dude, in fact I'd call him a full on breath of fresh air for typical characters like him. Despite the fact that he's antisocial, he is by no means a bitch and he's honestly rather badass. He also loves his sister to death, but in a completely platonic way, which is a HUGE breath of fresh air compared to all the incest related stuff that's come out recently (and is currently airing cough cough mahouka cough)

Yea you should try it out. NGNL has the most interesting start out of all the animes this season imho.

midnightblade said:

On a tangent here, but : ecchi never bothers me being a strait guy, I don't understand why so many guys on MAL are always concerned with their being "too much fanservice" or somehow get offended when they see partial nudity?
I imagine they are just playing mockingbird to typical criticisms you usually hear for anime. "Fan service" has been used critically so much that it has an unjust negative connotation to it.

The only type of bad fan service is badly timed fan service like, for example, most of High School of the Dead.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 23, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2014
JizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!
oh man thats my favorite guilty crown song

Uh... I am pretty sure thats from Kill la Kill.
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 23, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
orchidork said:

NGNL: Not that much ecchi. I'm a girl and it doesn't really bug me.

Captain Earth isn't talked about that much but mostly everyone considers it a very solid and decent show, from what I've seen...Like Noragami which most people thought was good.

Aylaine said:
Akuma no Riddle has a big issue so far, that issue being it's lack of yuri. Everything else so far is just dandy, but it needs more yuri moments in my opinion.

I think the plot just needs a bit more mystery rn. I don't like how it presents itself to make us believe that the rest of the show is gonna follow a structure (like monster of the week; in this case, it's assassin of the week)

OneOpinion said:
JizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!

You're not getting the joke LOL
Apr 23, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2014
OneOpinion said:
JizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!

Explanation
Apr 23, 2014 6:18 PM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:

I think the plot just needs a bit more mystery rn. I don't like how it presents itself to make us believe that the rest of the show is gonna follow a structure (like monster of the week; in this case, it's assassin of the week)
Or maybe that's what they want you to think.

And then BAM. Plot twist.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 23, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
Korrvo said:
mayukachan said:

I hope so! But from the first three episodes, I don't see it becoming a "wow" anime like Psycho Pass or Steins;Gate
Apr 23, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
Korrvo said:
mayukachan said:

I hope so! But from the first three episodes, I don't see it becoming a "wow" anime like Psycho Pass or Steins;Gate
Gotta wait and see~

At least it's a better show so far than some yuri shows we've seen lately.
Apr 23, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2010
I'm keeping up with 12 shows this season and I can't really tell which is the most hyped tbh. Mahouka? No Game No Life? I dunno.
Apr 23, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:

Captain Earth isn't talked about that much but mostly everyone considers it a very solid and decent show, from what I've seen...Like Noragami which most people thought was good.
nah its actually a really mixed reception with a noticeable hate train riding against it. which is kind of a shame cause most of the complaints stem from impatience over not being spoonfed info. its got problems ill admit but too much of the "problems" people have are more at fault of the viewer than the show.

oh well if the show follows through on its potential then maybe it will be more positivly received but hypothetically if the reception kept constant like it is right now with no drops it would be heading straight in the 6's score

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2012
JizzyHitler said:
mayukachan said:

nah its actually a really mixed reception with a noticeable hate train riding against it. which is kind of a shame cause most of the complaints stem from impatience over not being spoonfed info. its got problems ill admit but too much of the "problems" people have are more at fault of the viewer than the show.
Oh I guess I haven't seen the hate train yet. LOL Everyone I follow on Twitter who watch it give positive feedback. I personally think it's pretty decent (and has lots of potential) and is best at doing a slice of life mood over the action.
Apr 23, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
mclovinballz said:
OneOpinion said:
JizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!

Explanation

Ill admit I didnt notice the joke. Loved this response^
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 23, 2014 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
JizzyHitler said:
mayukachan said:

Oh I guess I haven't seen the hate train yet. LOL Everyone I follow on Twitter who watch it give positive feedback. I personally think it's pretty decent (and has lots of potential) and is best at doing a slice of life mood over the action.
im really the only person i know personally that really likes the series, like 5 of my friends are watching it and 3 of them think its as bad as guilty crown while the other 2 are apathetic. It reminds me of one of my favorite series and one of the most underappreciated shows out there rahXephon which got alot of similar complaints, hey if i end up in the minority and like it then fine by me but so much of the hate feels pretty drastic

OneOpinion said:
mclovinballz said:
OneOpinion said:
JizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!

Explanation

Ill admit I didnt notice the joke. Loved this response^
yeah the joke was those were songs from gundam unicorn obviously

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 24, 2014 12:54 AM

Mar 2014
Black Bullet and No Game No Life
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 24, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
So far, I'm pretty excited about Gokukoku no Brynhildr

"You can't do this. These are somebody else's wishes. They're somebody else's dreams." "Yeah, but you know what? This one. This one right here. This was my dream, my wish... and it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back, I'm taking them all back." -Goonies (Wishing Well scene)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

160 by Saiunknown »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 42 minutes ago

8 by iThink »»
9 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

35 by SignsOfSuicide »»
13 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 17 minutes ago

2 by Zimmu »»
13 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

27 by Mishiia »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.