MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Disney XD Channel To Air Dubbed Naruto Shippuuden
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Disney XD Channel To Air Dubbed Naruto Shippuuden

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
09-14-09, 12:20 AM

KayChan4U said:
HikariAkai said:
KayChan4U said:
Asrialys said:
KayChan4U said:
I read about this the other day.

Look what Marvel did after they signed up with Disney. I was worried about this. First Marvel, and now our anime. Well, looks like everyone can kiss our dubs goodbye and say hello to the new voice actors: Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana and Demi Levato.

Disney is turning into a cult that will soon rule the world e_e The end is near.

What in the world are you crazy people even talking about? The voice actors are the same. The show is still owned by VIZ. Everything will be business as usual, for VIZ and for Marvel.

Oh I know that. I'm just saying if any other new anime makes it over here, Disney will try to pitch them off for VAs. Look what happened to Ponyo. :/

Disney did a great job with Ponyo

Oh I know they did. I'm not saying it's bad at all. But I'm saying it in the sense that they got Miley's sister and Frankie Jonas for the VAs, aka Disney-sibling whoring.

Believe it or not, it wouldn't have happened if the producer's daughter hadn't mentioned that there was a younger Jonas and Cyrus.

gdc_anime1989 said:
mitamaking said:
makio-chan said:
i hope the voice actors is good

It is the same cast as the first season, seriously where are people getting the idea they are changing the dub cast.

People are thinking that because since they are a bit older, there needs to be a mature-ness in their voices.

That still doesn't make any sense. That's like saying the Japanese cast should have changed too.

gdc_anime1989 said:
WHY?! WHY?! Oh my Lord in Heaven, WHY?! Disney and Shippuuden have NOTHING in common with each other! G4, Syfy, or Saturday Night Adult Swim should have more of chance to air it than Disney!

No, no, and perhaps. And in case you haven't noticed, Disney has been involved with a bit of anime. Not to mention that they've been doing Power Rangers till now. And Disney XD does have the intended audience.

09-14-09, 12:23 AM

What happen to Disney... I mean, I've only been away for like 7 years...

guess 7 years do change a lot...

09-14-09, 12:49 AM

RSSRII said:
¬_¬
Never thought I'd see the day.

This.
H3ctor said:
LolitaDecay said:
Oh bloody hell.

I agree. I'm enjoying Shippuuden and now it's gonna get censored, edited, and wussed out by the Disney XD channel. For fuck's sake, Shippuuden's more mature from what I'm seeing so far.

Yeah I was thinking about that.

gdc_anime1989 said:
WHY?! WHY?! Oh my Lord in Heaven, WHY?! Disney and Shippuuden have NOTHING in common with each other! G4, Syfy, or Saturday Night Adult Swim should have more of chance to air it than Disney!

Agree! But money is money those day. Oh now I thought about it, I never know Disney XD doing that bad. They toke digimon off tv as well. My guess less people was watching less on that.
Modified by KuroTsuki14, 09-14-09, 12:54 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2

09-14-09, 1:06 AM

And my first response is to begin crying uncontrollably. Dx

09-14-09, 1:07 AM

Shippuuden being aired on Disney Channel ... We should expect to have more Narutards joining MAL anytime soon then >_>' Way to go for the anime society!
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...

09-14-09, 1:10 AM

CaMaVan said:
Shippuuden being aired on Disney Channel ... We should expect to have more Narutards joining MAL anytime soon then >_>' Way to go for the anime society!
I'd rather have more Naruto fans than Clannad fags.

Oh yes, that's right. I went there.

09-14-09, 1:59 AM

CaMaVan said:

It was aired on Jetix before and it's still the same channel, just a different name..
So a new audience.. doubt that..

09-14-09, 3:50 AM

First Disney buys Marvel and now this? Pretty soon Disney will own us all.

09-14-09, 4:10 AM

It's only Naruto guys, it's not like they're going to take over the industry with just this >__>

We should start worrying when Disney buy out Production I.G or some shit that wlll never happen.

09-14-09, 4:13 AM

_Me_ said:
I think Disney is trying to appeal to guys more at this point (Marvel, Naruto).

BINGO! Disney XD ≠ Disney Channel. At least, that's their goal. Basically at this point young males have all but abandoned the Disney Channel with shows like Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, The Jonas Brothers, and whatever the Demi Lovato show is basically appealing only to pre-teen and teenage girls.

Because of that, they created Disney XD to try to appeal more to male viewers. Hence why currently their weekend programming basically consists of every superhero cartoon ever aired by Marvel or DC in the past 15 years or so.

Viewing it that way, Disney's decision to buy Marvel (who's creating a lot of cartoons appealing to young males right now), and this, the decision to air Naruto Shipuuden, is not at all surprising.

But it IS unexpected.
Like anime but also have an equal passion for comic books? Join my new group! Please?

8% of teens think they've moved on to real music but in actuality are still listening to shitty music. If you wish you cared, copy and paste this into your sig.

09-14-09, 4:21 AM

They didn't create Disney XD for that reason.

Disney XD is Jetix/Toon Disney, they were only merged and the name was changed, since Disney bought all the shares that their partner, ABC Telivision had.

There's nothing too it that Naruto Shippuuden gets aired, since Naruto got aired on it too.

The only thing weird about DXD is that they air the freaking Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, I mean.. what the fuck is that doing on a kids cartoon channel?

09-14-09, 6:02 AM

Well, we all know Disney's end goal is world domination. That's a given.

But it's true, Disney loses the male gender at about age 9-10 or so. Purchasing Marvel was probably the best business decision possible when it comes to trying to draw in the teen male market. So is Shippuuden.

HOWEVER, I don't believe Disney knows what Shippuuden is in all honesty. They had the original Naruto series, but Ship. is more mature. I think they might start having second thoughts when they see characters arms disintegrate and heads being chopped off.

09-14-09, 6:05 AM

Kabyk said:
HOWEVER, I don't believe Disney knows what Shippuuden is in all honesty. They had the original Naruto series, but Ship. is more mature. I think they might start having second thoughts when they see characters arms disintegrate and heads being chopped off.

Those things don't even last a second in the editing deparment.

09-14-09, 6:09 AM

Xenzio said:
Kabyk said:

Those things don't even last a second in the editing deparment.

I agree with both of you. This is a bad idea.

09-14-09, 8:03 AM

I've been following the fan fallout on several sites, and I must admit the responses to the news here are more reasonable. (At least no one here has compared the news of Naruto on Disney XD to plans to overhaul US health care insurance-- no seriously.)

With that said, Naruto is still licensed by Viz Media, Disney just has the broadcast rights. So dubs actors, censorship and the like will be handled by Viz. As many have already pointed out, Disney XD caters to a different audience than the regular Disney Channel. In fact, XD seems to be gunning for the same audience as Cartoon Network. Honestly, I don't expect the editing to be any worse than what was on CN.

Just because the series is going to air on Disney does not mean that the series will be chopped up like anime was in the 90s. Sure there will be missing scenes here and there, and the dialogue won't be as harsh, but anime won't return to the state it was in more than a decade ago. Viewer awareness is just too high, and many license holders simply don't operate as they did years ago.

Finally, the DVDs will be uncut and Shippuden is still available via online streaming through Viz, Hulu, Joost, etc. I see this as a win-win with so many options available. Now if Disney has a hand in pulling some of those options, like doing away with official uncut subtitled simulcasts, then there's a problem.

In short, it's not the end of the world, Naruto will be fine (thought I admit I don't watch it anymore).

On a last note, Adult Swim never seemed interested in the series (or else it'd be airing along with Bleach), and the show is a poor fit for the Sci Fi *cough SyFy* Channel.

09-14-09, 8:24 AM

Defiance said:
CaMaVan said:
I'd rather have more Naruto fans than Clannad fags.

Oh yes, that's right. I went there.

I agree! (with Defiance)

09-14-09, 9:04 AM

Hahaha, Disney wants money~

09-14-09, 9:27 AM

silvery_husky, you are correct on most of your points.

But those aren't the entire issue. Regardless of whether they censor Ship. or not is actually step 2, not 1. You need people to turn it on first, right?
Well, for me personally, I was planning on watching Ship. occasionally when it was on TV (since i already watch it online). The problem is, my thought process is going to work like this:
"alright, Ship. is on tv. lets see, what channel is it....Disney? Forget that, i'm not watching a Disney channel."

Regardless of the censorship, people will see the brand name of the channel first, and show content second.

09-14-09, 10:21 AM

Disney is dying....
wahaha....diediedie...

09-14-09, 11:11 AM

i hope , the dub and censoring isn't worst like in germany. Or ?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices