Forum Settings
Forums

Disney XD Channel To Air Dubbed Naruto Shippuuden

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 14, 2009 11:40 AM

May 2008
Another censored down show that will get more Naruto fans, now whenever someone says: "I watched Shippuuden." I'll have to ask: "On the internet or on TV?" Even though i could never watch it, after watching the original Naruto. Some friends of mine just told the entire story line of Shippuuden to me.
Sep 14, 2009 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
Maora said:
Disney wants to take over the world. They took away Marvel and now took the anime that bring the majority of American's attention.

Yes! Maora is right! Disney wants to take over the world! Although Disney had some good things such as The Lion King, Douge, Kim Possible... er... These were light points. More from that? Evil company ><

And now what? Naruto? NOOOOOOO!

Oh no! And what about Deidy???? NOOOOO ;________; And the worst, they can make on the girls (Such as Sakura and Ino) in there dolls for girls! Especially something like ''Baby Naruto Girls'' LOL
And after that, what? Soul Eater? Because the sun and the moon have face? Because the girls in there look cute? Because of Shinigami sama's look? Or maybe it looks childish and suitable for Disney? *Tries to don't think about it*

By the way, I created a club against them. You are invited in happily :->
EnvitChanSep 14, 2009 1:21 PM

And that's it. Na-no-ne/De-aru/Relo XD
Sep 14, 2009 12:39 PM

Sep 2008
berserknick said:
Is Disney XD the same as the Disney channel, or are they separate? I've just never heard of "Disney XD" and want to clarify.

Disney XD is a fusion of Toon Disney and Jetix. Since Disney bought every share of Jetix (formerly owned together with ABC Telivision), they decided it was wise to put both channels together.

This hasn't been updated in every country where Toon Disney or Jetix airs, all I know of is that in the USA, England and France (if I'm correct) they already changed it to Disney XD.
Sep 14, 2009 4:40 PM

Sep 2009
fffuuuuu-
is adult swim the only time they show anime on cn (besides the naruto movies)
Sep 14, 2009 5:15 PM

Jan 2009
Lol I made a thread on here about this a few days ago but no one reply but anyways yeah this could be a good thing or a bad thing.
Sep 14, 2009 7:26 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, Americans and their ruining of anime...lovely fun.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Sep 14, 2009 9:34 PM

Jul 2008
i think this was a good move on their part even though it suprised me it was going to be on this channel but since cartoon network basically got rid of every anime except for a couple besides the ones on adult swim. also it could depend on how much it gets cut depending on the time of day its aired..if its around 9 pm or so at night like cartoon network had it will be the same amount but if its aired earlier in the day might end up getting drastically cut which wouldn't be a good thing. So think it was smart of them to continue Naruto here due to its popularity and would be insane to not air it on some channel but would be good if they then get more anime to air due to the lack of channel's that have anime on anymore in the United States which is most likely why DVD sales are also decreasing here cause most people wont spend money on something they don't know if they will like or not so if they get more then maybe more channel's would put anime back on if it gets popular enough. Odds are i wont be watching Shippuuden though cause i switched over to the japanese version but some people that have dial-up or just don't know they can get access to anime online would be very pleased with the news itself so just hope after this they get more anime ^^
Sep 14, 2009 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
Sayalol said:
Ah, Americans and their ruining of anime...lovely fun.
I'm sure America's not the only country that has ruined anime. -_-

Hm. Interesting. It will be edited, I suppose?
Sep 14, 2009 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
Disney!?!?! WTF what is VIZ thinking. Since when did bloody battles and people dying become the Disney thing. Disney will probably edit it so nothing they say is the same and rather than have fights they will all talk out their disagreements. How Lame! Adult Swim where were you guys when all this was happening, you should have been all over this.

I know they are only at what America would consider season one into Shippuuden but do any of them at Disney follow the Japanese manga and realize how brutal the show is going to become in the future. There's no way Disney's going to air some of the stuff that's going to happen.
Sep 14, 2009 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
I wonder if cartoon network lost in a bidding war for Naruto. I mean they play so much on adult swim saturday nights: Bleach, Code geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost In the Shell: 2nd GIG, Moribito, Death Note. And they used to play Naruto eps.

And where was Syfy (formerly SiFi)? With their Ani-Mondays playing Gundam 00 Season 1 and 2 back to back. As well as so many other shows I'll refrain from listing.

I weep for Naruto...I've never even seen a single show on Jetix even worth watching! They only play crap. Or at least after they've prepped it for airing, it's crap. Truly disappointing!

P.S. GirlRanmaLover, most excellent run on sentence! I've never seen one so long! Kudos!
Sep 15, 2009 12:35 AM

May 2009
I choked on my lunch while seeing the title of this thread.
WTF?! DISNEY CHANNEL?

last.fm|twitter|facebook (yeah right)
Sep 15, 2009 1:24 AM

Sep 2008
Xassite said:
I choked on my lunch while seeing the title of this thread.
WTF?! DISNEY CHANNEL?

Naruto was airing on a disney channel before this too, namely Jetix, so don't be suprised.
Sep 15, 2009 3:46 AM

Nov 2008
Frankly, I would have thought that "Little Snow Fairy Sugar" would be more up their alley...
Sep 15, 2009 6:34 AM

May 2007
I wonder if anyone remembers that

1.The evil queen got crushed by a boulder in Snow White
2.Pinocchio and his friend were turned in jackasses, even said the name
3.In Lion King Mufasa was trampled by wildebeest and Scar got eaten alive
4.In Hercules Hades was tossed into the pool(I forget it's name) where all the dead people are
5.In Mulan Chang got strapped to a firework and actually died unlike another anime where they censored it to live(I am looking at you Bleach)
6.In Atlantis the villian gets chopped up by a propeller and explodes
7.In Sleeping Beauty Maleficent gets a sword run through her
8.In Beauty and the Beast Gaston is thrown off a cliff
9.In Little Mermaid Ursala is stabbed by a ship

Touchstone also owned by Disney did No Country for Old Men

And if any actually watched Oban Star Racers on Disney XD you would know they don't edit their anime, they didn't changed the score and even kept the ending in tack.
My anime list
Sep 15, 2009 1:57 PM

Jul 2007
I'm loving this. The fanbase raging over something that won't really affect them much at all because it "destroys their pure and true sugoi animes!!! D:"

I hope they do Death Note on the disney channel, and do it like the parody of 4kids, the one with the sneezing next. And that's even if they'll censor it more much.
Sep 15, 2009 3:15 PM

May 2008
When I read this title, all I said was,"WTF"

I agree with Rasenore, Disney/Disney XD is pretty much the same as 4kids >_>

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Sep 16, 2009 10:28 AM

May 2009
Oh god, how are they going to EDIT it?! I better not see some s****y "I'm a ninja warior!" theme song on this or I will be royaly pissed the **** off.
Hero's Come Back= One of my favorite songs of all time.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Sep 17, 2009 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
angelfire892 said:
Oh god, how are they going to EDIT it?! I better not see some s****y "I'm a ninja warior!" theme song on this or I will be royaly pissed the **** off.

You like Inuyasha, you shouldn't be that hard to please.
Sep 17, 2009 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
They'll probably have the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus sing the theme songs.

I will watch it for the lulz. I haven't touched Shippuuden since starting One Piece anyway.
Sep 17, 2009 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
KanjiiZ said:
Says the guy with GTO at the top of his list. I'll go down that road if you wish.

I don't mind you liking what you like, but it's just annoying to hear such irksome folk such as yourself be so arty.
Sep 17, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
Defiance said:
KanjiiZ said:
Says the guy with GTO at the top of his list. I'll go down that road if you wish.

I don't mind you liking what you like, but it's just annoying to hear such irksome folk such as yourself be so arty.

Did you see the persons stupid ass post on how they're going to ruin everything? If you think Inuyasha is going to go anywhere after watching 100 episodes you're completely mistaken.

People can back me up on it that GTO is one of the best series out there so I have no idea what the heck your talking about.
Sep 17, 2009 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
KanjiiZ said:
Did you see the persons stupid ass post on how they're going to ruin everything?
Does that even matter? All you did was attack their favorite anime without even addressing their actual statement. Try focusing on what you were originally upset about instead of running your mouth off about something completely beside the point.
Sep 19, 2009 3:12 AM

Jan 2009
All I've got is 2 words for everyone "Uncencored DVDs." That's what I wait to watch the episodes again so I can still watch it in it's original Japanese form if I want to, which is way better.
Sep 20, 2009 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
It's not that bad. Disney channel showed Kiki's Delivery Service. Disney XD is showing Fresh Prince too.

Got Milk?
Sep 22, 2009 2:36 PM

Jan 2009
i found this funny and disappointing
i hardly watch naruto anymore
but it still affected me becuase i'm not much
of a disney fan
if it goes to disney that's fine too bad tho
becuase i would have liked to see it on
adult swim...its just disney reminds me of 4kids
good grief...
NujaGurlSep 22, 2009 2:42 PM
Sep 22, 2009 2:45 PM

Mar 2008
Viz Media has already english dubbed Naruto Shippuden Uncut, all that Disney XD is doing is airing Viz Media's Uncut English Dub of Naruto Shippuden.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 24, 2009 5:55 AM

Feb 2005
Disney needs funding to initiate the inevitable rise of the fourth reich and the extermination of the Untermenschen. Heil Maus.

But honestly, what's the problem? Are they censoring it or butchering it with terrible translations (Jelly filled donuts) or something?
Sep 24, 2009 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
Baman said:
Disney needs funding to initiate the inevitable rise of the fourth reich and the extermination of the Untermenschen. Heil Maus.

But honestly, what's the problem? Are they censoring it or butchering it with terrible translations (Jelly filled donuts) or something?

they'll probably do both.
Sep 24, 2009 6:29 AM

Jul 2007
mkn888 said:
KanjiiZ said:
angelfire892 said:

ouchhhh hahaha burnnneedddd :P

Hey now, I like Inuyasha and I am highly elitist/hard to please. I would like to return those words to you.

Also, as for disney dubbing Narutoo Shippuden, I'm glad they're considering other anime as well. Hopefully they won't censor anything (I don't think it is likely but there is certainly a chance...), but other than that it's nice that a quality (evil) company will be taking an anime under its wing. I haven't been disappointed with their Miyazaki films so I'm interested in seeing the reception this anime sees with american anime fans.
Or, having read it, I guess not. This just means that the anime will become obnoxiously more popular among its intended audience. But hey, I don't really have too much of a problem with that, I hear anime has been suffering since we lost the Pokemon fad.
asandariSep 24, 2009 6:33 AM
Sep 24, 2009 6:41 AM

Apr 2008
RASEN-HUG!
Oct 5, 2009 1:16 AM
Mar 2008
Mmmmmm.....I seem to recall an episode of Digimon season 1 where the digi destians mention terrisim and bombing when it originally aired on fox kids,but when the episode aired on jetix,they had to censored most of the parts and dialouge referencing terrist bombing dued to 9/11 happening.

that was pretty much the only censorship Disney has done to an anime,but yeah,unless disney XD has like a nightime block like adult swim,they'll probully censor the hell out of naruto shippuuden.
Oct 5, 2009 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
ChronoBallX said:
Mmmmmm.....I seem to recall an episode of Digimon season 1 where the digi destians mention terrisim and bombing when it originally aired on fox kids,but when the episode aired on jetix,they had to censored most of the parts and dialouge referencing terrist bombing dued to 9/11 happening.

that was pretty much the only censorship Disney has done to an anime,but yeah,unless disney XD has like a nightime block like adult swim,they'll probully censor the hell out of naruto shippuuden.

exactly, that's what disney's good for. same way with 4kids, they'll just mess things up on good anime because of the uncut stuff in there. and they'll try anything to make things crappy on them.
Oct 5, 2009 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
Naruto Shippuden will be TV-PG-V on Disney XD, which is the exact same rating that the original Naruto series had while on Cartoon Network.

So unless Disney XD's definition of TV-PG-V is different from Cartoon Network's definition, which is I seriously doubt, it will be okay.

Oct 6, 2009 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
LOL this is going to be the greatest thing Mars of Destruction and Sonic X XD

Naruto cast:WERE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!

I bet thats the oping song XD I mean they cant really keep it in Japaneses can they XD
I going to so watch this XD

Oct 6, 2009 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
i wanna know when it starts already. >:[
Oct 7, 2009 2:17 PM

Mar 2008
Shancakeschan said:
i wanna know when it starts already. >:[

October 28, 2009 from 8:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.

Oct 7, 2009 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
I can't believe I missed this news.

Its going to be like 4kids dub of one piece lulz...yeh I gotta watch this some time.
Oct 10, 2009 11:59 AM

Sep 2009
Is it America's Diseny XD or Canada's? I wanna know.
Oct 10, 2009 12:13 PM

Dec 2007
Nikoli said:
I can't believe I missed this news.

Its going to be like 4kids dub of one piece lulz...yeh I gotta watch this some time.

Disney's not dubbing it, it's still Viz. Disney's only airing it, people.

Freaking imbeciles. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2007
Eijiro said:
Is it America's Diseny XD or Canada's? I wanna know.
America. unless Viz also had a deal with Disney XD Canada.
MaoraOct 18, 2009 8:15 PM
Oct 11, 2009 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
I just deleted a great deal of off-topic posts, trolls and spam. I know everybody loves Naruto, and Disney, but there's no reason to get quite so excited -- please try to retain your composure while replying to this news. Also make sure to read through the topic and try to understand what the news actually is: ie. Disney are not dubbing it, simply airing it.
Oct 11, 2009 6:31 PM
May 2009
are they gona disneyish naruto?? plz noooo T_T i wonder how they are gona air naruto going crazy 8tails =3
Oct 11, 2009 7:23 PM

Feb 2008
Disney has had many failing shows lately and they are looking to new media. Anime makes sense right about now. Naruto makes even more sense since it is popular. i certanly wont expect anything like death note on Disney so they will probably stick to something they can edit without completely destroying.

AS on the other hand has been reverting to its initial state.
Oct 13, 2009 12:49 AM

Mar 2008
I look forward to watching Episodes 1-4 on October 28, 2009 on the TV Channel "Disney XD" :).

Oct 15, 2009 1:49 PM

May 2007
Television is dead to me anyway... so I couldn't care less.
Oct 18, 2009 4:38 PM
Oct 2009
FINALLY ON OCTOBER 28
Oct 20, 2009 11:28 AM

Feb 2009
mitamaking said:

4.In Hercules Hades was tossed into the pool(I forget it's name) where all the dead people are
5.In Mulan Chang got strapped to a firework and actually died unlike another anime where they censored it to live(I am looking at you Bleach)

And if any actually watched Oban Star Racers on Disney XD you would know they don't edit their anime, they didn't changed the score and even kept the ending in tack.

In Tarzan the villain died by accidentally hanging himself (you even see the shadow of his body hanging from a tree limb)

They also brought us uncut Princess Mononoke, with limbs flying off and everything.

They also brought us the awesome that is Gargoyles (ignoring The Goiliath Chronicles) and also currently show the fairly dark Batman: The Animated Series on Disney XD, along with Gargoyles.

Oct 21, 2009 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
ArnoldK said:
mitamaking said:

In Tarzan the villain died by accidentally hanging himself (you even see the shadow of his body hanging from a tree limb)

They also brought us uncut Princess Mononoke, with limbs flying off and everything.

They also brought us the awesome that is Gargoyles (ignoring The Goiliath Chronicles) and also currently show the fairly dark Batman: The Animated Series on Disney XD, along with Gargoyles.

All this, plus The Black Cauldron, which they had to cut scenes out of to keep it from being PG-13.
And the dude from The Lake House is all "WHOA!"
Oct 22, 2009 7:06 AM

Oct 2009
As I see it, its either
1. Disney probably did it for the money or ratings
2. Disney is trying to be more cultural by adding japanese things as of late
3. Noone else wanted it.

Anyways Disney kills everything it can get its hands on, not that Naruto itself isn't already dying already
Oct 22, 2009 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
Tsukizero said:

Anyways Disney kills everything it can get its hands on, not that Naruto itself isn't already dying already

Haven't killed Pixar or Miyazaki.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
22 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
6 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.