Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 3, 2014 1:31 AM

Nov 2013
I APPROVE EDWARD X WINRY! ♥

May 5, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2013
I was literally screaming that I wanted Winry to leave when that phone call for her came. And when she was sticking her head out of the train, I really hoped she would get her head clean sliced off for doing such a dangerous thing. That 'I'm in love with him' moment just killed this anime a little for me. I hate Winry and honestly Ed is a pretty shitty protagonist too.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 6, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
Damn Lan Fan is a fucking beast!!!!!! Cutting off her own arm D:

Also ed x winry :o

Jun 9, 2014 7:47 AM

Aug 2013
I demand more screen time for Lan Fan. Decoy? Oh here's my arm, let's strap it on a dog. Brilliant.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 10, 2014 8:58 AM

Jan 2012
What a great episode. There were so many good things I won't remember to mention them all.

My favourite was Lan Fan's sacrifice. It actually give me a half second of shock. Before this, I thought she was whatever and expendable. Way to go, girl.

And then there was Ling shirtless being all capable and badass. The line "The next time I make you cry, it'll be tears of joy" which was made better by the fact he didn't even realize what he was implying. Winry falling in love quietly (that being said, I was glad she was leaving). Them arguing over the stone. List goes on and on
NinahJun 10, 2014 9:03 AM
Jul 10, 2014 1:25 AM
Mar 2014
great episode, gluttony though out for blood!
Sep 19, 2014 10:20 PM

May 2009
Winry wat. You WHAT.

Aw panda. :D
Sep 24, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
ChaoticSilence said:
I APPROVE EDWARD X WINRY! ♥

^
Sep 24, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2014
Ling was awesome. Still my favourite moment of our Chinese Xing friend.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 29, 2014 8:24 PM
May 2012
Ling is awesome indeed!! Poor Ran, though :/ She can have an automail!!
Riza with her hair down and glasses is just <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
I thought Winry has always been in love with Edward O_O She got many costumers.
Gluttony is going apeshit!!
Feb 11, 2015 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
what happened to gluttony? LOL
-_-
Mar 29, 2015 5:02 PM

Apr 2014
Mei and Ran Fan are great characters. Mei's technique was interesting and too bad about Ran Fan's arm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2013
Great, now that Winry finally returned they could need her again for Lan Fan's arm ^^
Jul 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
damn ling is so awesome
Jul 25, 2015 6:09 PM

Oct 2014
I'm surprised that King Bradley was outed this early into the anime, there's still 41 episodes left. Good episode though. Gluttony is about to go into rage mode, should be a tough fight.
Aug 26, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Lin did a great work!
May Chang was so cool!
I liked Winry's revelation, it was sweet, I don't remember if she did it in the original, I don't think so.
Gluttony got mad!
Dec 12, 2015 7:41 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, Hawkeye looks really good in that casual outfit.
Dec 25, 2015 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Even in this episode plenty of reasons not to settle its virtues, there are many interesting revelations and as icing on the cake a nice twist unexpected. Good little digression on Winry, too bad that the drawings have fluctuated talking about quality.
Jan 13, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
That was an intense episode.

Poor Lan Fan :(

Now they know that Bradley is an homunculus. But at the same time Bradley knows that Mustang planed something. Even that they handle it to catch Gluttony he break out with his absolute crazy form O.o

Oh man finally Winry realised that she loves Ed <3

Nov 24, 2016 3:33 AM

Aug 2016
Lan Fan..... noooo..
Jan 28, 2017 3:05 AM

Jan 2016
Gluttony: this isn't even my final form
Jun 18, 2017 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Thank god Ling finally told the crew that Bradley is a homonculus aswell ... I thought the show was going to make it so he'll die before being able to tell them.

So Gluttony can open the "truth" that the brothers were searching, interesting.
Jul 6, 2017 3:08 PM

Jun 2017
I actually had to pause the episode when Winry said she fell in love with Ed, I've shipped them for a while now and I'm so happy!!

Gluttony at the end was terrifying!
Feb 4, 2018 8:54 AM

Sep 2017
Wasn't expecting that Winry moment so soon, even if it wasn't said aloud.

Lan Fan gets he badass award for the most recent conflict
Feb 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
Well, Ling's girl cut off her arm, damn.
The president is onto Mustang and vise-versa.
Plus what the hell is that eye mouth thing that gluttony opens in the end??...

Winry finds out that she's in love with Ed. happy for her that she realised that everyone's waiting for her for automail. At least she can feel that she's helping the people just like the way her parents did.
Mar 13, 2018 2:19 PM

Dec 2009
Winry is falling for Ed, everything is right with the world!
Ling and Ran have finally come into their own. I thought they were just comic reliefs, they are actually well defined.
Looks like they are going to have to put Gluttony down too.

But whatever WinryxEd is my fuel!
Sep 16, 2018 11:55 AM
Jun 2017
So Gluttony's tummy is an actual black hole?
Jan 12, 2019 6:14 PM

Jun 2015
oh man i love winry, any more of her and she's gonna make my favorite character list. lan fan and ling are cool characters too, i cant find anyone to absolutely dislike other than tucker.
so gluttony's stomach is actually a black hole or something like that? what happens to the people he eats then?
Jan 20, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Haha, I expected Ling to be quite well trained and skilled in combat, but surely he went wild in this episode!

He showed himself not only as professional blademaster (fighting nip and tuck with Wrath and dragging wounded companion at the same time proved it), but also as somebody capable of having good ideas in undriendly, hostile environment, without loosing ability to rational thinking) and as somebody who can really prepare a fast trap. The last one goes for attacking out of nowhere Gluttony. That grenade scene and what Ling did after was utterly epic! :D

Too bad Ran Fan lost her hand, but she cooperated well with Ling. Half of the merit for this trick that tricked (lol) Wrath goes to her.

Aaand one more thing... that feel when Scar was saved by a little girl and her pet little panda. ;D
Apr 4, 2019 12:44 AM

May 2016
Ling was awesome, taking care of Gluttony in such a quick and flashy way by tying up the fat bastard just like stringed ham. Ran Fan was just as great as well, sacrificing her unusable arm to outsmart Bradley and make a clean escape. He might've been tricked once but it didn't bite the bait twice and quickly saw through Hawkeye's disguise.

Mei Chang's remote alchemy skills were so satisfying to watch, with my favorite part of the technique being the part where she quickly drew a transmutation circle with her feet.

The Coroner's a good guy but he's really unlucky to be in the same room as Gluttony because he went berserk the moment he found out that Lust's killer is right in front of him.

Aug 25, 2019 1:04 PM
Aug 2019
Mei saving Scar was such a great moment.

Bradley's secret is out now
Nov 5, 2019 12:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fight vs Scar was great, Winry seems to loves Edward, that's cute.
Mar 21, 2020 4:37 PM

Feb 2020
my heart was pounding during the beginning of this episode oh my goodness that was intense

i've warmed up a lot to ling and lan fan, i hope we see more of them, and i hope winry returns soon too

but that cliffhanger!!!! time to move on
May 4, 2020 5:40 AM

Nov 2018
So Gluttony is like Yammy from Bleach,#10 in normal form and #0 in full size?
I bet he is still not that strong in full form, just really big.
I hate everyone equally
Jul 13, 2020 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
A very very great episode, the way Bradley got outplayed thanks to a sacrifice was just amazing to watch
Nov 11, 2020 7:48 PM

Jul 2017
Lan Fan using the Ed tactic and sacrificing her arm which was already fucked, to trick King Bradley with misdirection was pretty badass. Atleast knowing how Ed is able to fight and protect with his automail arm and leg, Lan Fan should be okay in the long run too.

Also Winry went back to Rush Valley to help the customers who relied on her quality automail to survive. She has the ability to still help so instead of being depressed forever, nice seeing her return there for the time being. Also, bonus for her realizing that she is falling for Edward too given what all he's done to help her when she was lost and nearly committed sin with pulling the trigger + a lot of other things in the past.
Jan 18, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode.

“Have I been falling for him this whole time?”

LETS FUCKING GOOO SHE FINALLY STARTED LIKING HIM
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

Feb 16, 2021 6:26 AM

Jul 2020
wow this is getting a lot better

Didn't expect that from Winry o_O I loveit <3. Now that bitch pres Bradley got revealed his true identity, I'm getting excited for Mustangs plan

my waifu Riza is in danger :c
Jun 29, 2021 5:19 AM

Jun 2021
another great episode;]gluttony going to avenge lust by taking revenge on colonel.

gluttony is creepy!
Dec 9, 2021 9:42 AM
Nov 2020
Best boy Ling Yao strikes again.
Feb 25, 2022 3:08 PM

Feb 2021
Finally they get Winry out of the plot, she annoyed the shit out of me and had no purpose in getting so much screentime

It's really bothering me the fact that the homunculi are letting Mustang and the gang get away with all these plots, I mean, don't they think for themselves even a little? They have complete control over the entire military and it's because they're being stupid and stubborn is the only reason why they could even be considered on equal footing strategically. Hell, they even have one of their allies and it's like they have no idea that he's obviously gonna slip up vital info about their plans. The story better have a seriously good and clear reason as to why they're so ignorant other than "they just bad"

Aug 31, 2022 3:00 AM
Apr 2021
veri gut aj lajk it
Oct 13, 2022 10:18 PM

Dec 2016
Philautia said:
I actually had to pause the episode when Winry said she fell in love with Ed, I've shipped them for a while now and I'm so happy!!

Same, I slammed my space bar so hard when she said that lmao!

Crack said:
Finally they get Winry out of the plot, she annoyed the shit out of me and had no purpose in getting so much screentime

The unbridled hatred of Winry in these FMAB threads always cracks me up, like how Gluttony was hated in the original series.
Oct 15, 2022 2:15 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Dec 30, 2022 8:34 AM
Sep 2021
Ling is so cool!! and I see you winry uwu
May 19, 2023 6:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Cutting off her injured arm and tying it to a poor dog to leave a fake blood trail, using the railroad tracks and turning them into metal wires to contain gluttony, who is almost single-handedly subdued by ling. This episode was so cool; and so bittersweet, with Winry leaving simply to return to rush valley where people who need her help are waiting for her. I don't remember if it'll be awhile or not until we see Winry again. Makes it feel like a final episode; if this were divided into seasons, this would feel like a good place to end the first season, even with that cliffhanger, where there's a 3-way argument as to who deserves and gets to have the philosopher's stone inside gluttony. But none of that matters because gluttony gets a power-up and bursts out of his restraints. And said power-up comes from gluttony seeing mustang and remembering how it was he who killed lust, and then gets angry enough to break his railroad-track constraints. Speaking of lust, it was an awesome scene as mustang totally obliterated her, but idk I kind of liked her. I wish she didn't die so soon, and maybe was one of the last homunculi to die instead of being like the first. Now if I remember correctly, in the next episode (or even more), we spend a lot of time in gluttony's belly, as he consumes some or all of them. During this time, I think they realize what they're really dealing with, and come up with a fair way to deal with the philosopher's stone, and to see who should get it. I forgot how good this series was man. Every episode something significant is happening. There's over 60 episodes, with no room for filler. Exceptional.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 7, 2023 4:19 PM

Oct 2020
Lan Fan's arm reveal was a whole jumpscare
Aug 9, 2023 7:06 PM

Mar 2022
This was a great episode, Winry finally admitted to herself that she is in fact in love with Ed which I am all for in that regard. Ling was just awesome in this episode he manages to escape Bradley’s clutches, rescues his servant who essentially cut off her own arm in order to fool Bradley which I thought was pretty hardcore of her. And Gluttony got captured now and now the gang know that Bradley is in fact one of the homunculi.
And yeah the stuff with Gluttony was pretty terrifying, he’s gonna really have it in for Mustang next episode cuz he WAS the one who killed Lust so yeah he’s justifiably pissed off with him there. I honestly forgot that Mei Chang was a thing until she came and saved Scar in this episode but good to know she can kick some serious ass there. Also Al wanting to keep her panda was funny and adorable at the same time. XD 
God I really want to know what Bradley and Winry were talking about when Ed arrives to see the latter. Hopefully not anything bad I really hope not.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.