Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2014 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
HaXXspetten said:
you know for a baiting attempt you're not doing very well -.-

in the first place it is not like anyone would ever play 07th expansion games for the visuals lol, what does it even matter? they're horror/mystery games with 99% focus on story and music

Too bad the story sucks and is just generic edgy bullshit.

Back to the OP.

Read Grisaia no Kajitsu and G-Senjou no Maou. Both great novels with an intelligent lead characters, and neither of them force you to reread the novel 6 times to see the end.

They are both fairly recent, so you wont be reading a Notepad document pasted over a static picture.
Apr 17, 2014 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
^ Yeah, G-Senjou would have been great indeed... If it wasn't written by Looseboy, who can't make his "epic" plot twists even slightly believable and just has to pull retarded deus ex machina out of his ass. And unlike with Sharin no Kuni, in G-Sen the main twist was painfully predictable to boot. Oh, and all routes except the true one are kinda weak, probably on par with most character routes in Little Busters (which ranged from so-so to awful).
Well, it's still a very good VN, but not exactly the ultimate masterpiece. :P

That aside, complaining about Ryukishi07's artwork is as Captain Obvious as it gets. Of course it's horrible. He's kinda like a VN version of ZUN. :P

Oh, and as for Grisaia, I guess OP should note that only the first part of the trilogy is translated so far. It's two sequels won't be available in English anytime soon.
Apr 17, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
Pabloc said:
^ Yeah, G-Senjou would have been great indeed... If it wasn't written by Looseboy, who can't make his "epic" plot twists even slightly believable and just has to pull retarded deus ex machina out of his ass. And unlike with Sharin no Kuni, in G-Sen the main twist was painfully predictable to boot. Oh, and all routes except the true one are kinda weak, probably on par with most character routes in Little Busters (which ranged from so-so to awful).
Well, it's still a very good VN, but not exactly the ultimate masterpiece. :P

That aside, complaining about Ryukishi07's artwork is as Captain Obvious as it gets. Of course it's horrible. He's kinda like a VN version of ZUN. :P

Oh, and as for Grisaia, I guess OP should note that only the first part of the trilogy is translated so far. It's two sequels won't be available in English anytime soon.

You don't need to read the sequels.
Apr 17, 2014 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
you know for a baiting attempt you're not doing very well -.-

in the first place it is not like anyone would ever play 07th expansion games for the visuals lol, what does it even matter? they're horror/mystery games with 99% focus on story and music

Oh right. If you want to see anything related to 07th Expansion without having to go through visuals you might not like, there's the anime and the PS2/PS3 versions. But even the PS2 visuals don't please you, so...
Apr 17, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
It isn't baiting.

Not everyone who doesn't like Higurashi is trolling. That's why I hate Higurashi fans. They are the kind of stupid people who are so hung up on their own personal taste that they think anyone who disagrees is trolling.
Apr 17, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
SolviteSekai said:
It isn't baiting.

Not everyone who doesn't like Higurashi is trolling. That's why I hate Higurashi fans. They are the kind of stupid people who are so hung up on their own personal taste that they think anyone who disagrees is trolling.

Actually you mean the entire internet, where anyone who disagrees about anything is instantly a "troll!"

I can't forget that one time when I commented on the news regarding the closure of Apple's first reseller saying I was happy it closed down, only to find someone yell "troll, troll!" in my face. Its not just Higurashi fans. Its [insert fandom here] fans, and the entire internet.
Apr 17, 2014 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
SolviteSekai said:
It isn't baiting.

Actually you mean the entire internet, where anyone who disagrees about anything is instantly a "troll!"

I can't forget that one time when I commented on the news regarding the closure of Apple's first reseller saying I was happy it closed down, only to find someone yell "troll, troll!" in my face. Its not just Higurashi fans. Its [insert fandom here] fans, and the entire internet.

Saying you are happy a business closed down is trolling.
Apr 17, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2014
SolviteSekai said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SolviteSekai said:
It isn't baiting.

Saying you are happy a business closed down is trolling.

Then I guess you're no different than all the irrational internet users who think that trolling is being happy about bad business closing down (or whatever else), rather than "vowing discord between members of the internet".
Apr 17, 2014 1:54 PM

Mar 2013
We seriously need some kind of normalized thread instead of the same stuff and same responses being pulled out every week.

Well, as I've said multiple times, don't read G-Senjou. Looseboy's works are fairly similar, therefore it's a much more worthwhile experience to just read Sharin no Kuni and be done with it.

@SolviteSekai:
You'd be an awful lot more persuasive if you weren't so die-hard desperate to prove that Higurashi sucks. Like, seriously?
Apr 17, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2011
Sweet_Love said:
We seriously need some kind of normalized thread instead of the same stuff and same responses being pulled out every week.

Yeah, it seems like there's another new VN thread every other day. There should be a separate subforum for VN discussion, or at least a sticky thread.
Apr 17, 2014 2:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Narmy said:
Sweet_Love said:

Yeah, it seems like there's another new VN thread every other day. There should be a separate subforum for VN discussion, or at least a sticky thread.
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=4364
if it got a bit more attention for people unfamiliar with it, all general VN discussion goes in here
Apr 17, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
Sweet_Love said:

@SolviteSekai:
You'd be an awful lot more persuasive if you weren't so die-hard desperate to prove that Higurashi sucks. Like, seriously?

He kind of reminds me when I try to prove KLK sucks.
Even though he's still an irrational internet user who will label anyone a troll for being happy for a company's closure, I'm proud of him.
Apr 17, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
Sweet_Love said:

@SolviteSekai:

He kind of reminds me when I try to prove KLK sucks.
Even though he's still an irrational internet user who will label anyone a troll for being happy for a company's closure, I'm proud of him.

I'm air hi fiving you so hard right now.
Apr 17, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
Go read HoshiMemo for light hearted story. Or read Majikoi.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Hoshimemo isn't that light hearted once you get to the routes.

Just because theres no Kung Fu doesn't mean its light hearted.
Apr 17, 2014 5:02 PM

Mar 2012
Why do you always go with that conclusion? I know HoshiMemo is nakige but it still have fair share of light hearted momment. Action or not is irrelevant. Just look at My Girlfriend is the President. It have an action but it still light hearted.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Either way. Grisaia no Kajitsu is the best visual novel ever written.

It features actual inner monologue and not just who/what/when/where/fuck.
Apr 17, 2014 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
Shadowslave13 said:
Anon1409 said:
Muv-Luv might scare you away, so I'd suggest you to start with Alternative (VNDB has Alternative rated 9, whereas its prequel only 7).

So can I read Alternative first and not miss anything important?

All the important parts are explained in Alternative
Apr 17, 2014 11:23 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Anon1409 said:
Shadowslave13 said:
Anon1409 said:
Muv-Luv might scare you away, so I'd suggest you to start with Alternative (VNDB has Alternative rated 9, whereas its prequel only 7).

So can I read Alternative first and not miss anything important?

All the important parts are explained in Alternative
Essentially yes, but it's still definitely not the same.

Seriously the only people who will tell you to skip straight to MLA are the ones who did so themselves, and I'm just gonna straight-up say: don't listen to them. It is true that you get the prequels mostly summarized from MLA but it's more a case of being able to figure out what must have happened on your own from bits and pieces, however there's no point in doing that when you can just... play them on your own first like you were supposed to.

Also it's a pretty significant gap effect in theme and atmosphere if you start out from the very beginning which I would not want anyone to miss out on.
Apr 17, 2014 11:25 PM
Mar 2011
SolviteSekai said:
Either way. Grisaia no Kajitsu is the best visual novel ever written.

It features actual inner monologue and not just who/what/when/where/fuck.

no machi dn 428 are uin factc the best ever written
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
2 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 4 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
6 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
Today, 1:21 AM

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.