Harem vs reverse harem
Apr 16, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Which do you prefer and why :3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
Harem because I'm a straight male.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
reverse harem because i'm in its intended target group..
Apr 16, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
The girl is much better in reverse harem though~
Apr 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
MotRin said:
calling bollocks
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Reverse harem, because I haven't seen as many and haven't been jaded and/or pissed off yet.

Plus I typically like shoujo romance better than shounen romance. The "comedic" physical and mental abuse can get a little stale at times.

Also, shoujo female characters are much more attractive than female shounen characters.
Red_KeysApr 16, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 16, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2009
Neither, I have read/watched my fair share of both and disdain both. There really isn't one that is "better" since they both share the same flaws (repetitive/plotless/overused archetypes/etc.).

I have a problem with harems in general though, I don't find the same jokes made 1000+ times funny, so don't see them as a good comedy, and a romance requires romance, which only like .01% of harems actually have, so I personally see no reason in pursuing them.
Apr 16, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2013
Reverse harem, when it doesn't include a useless/boring mc like Yui from Diabolik Lovers.
Apr 16, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Harem because no one wants a sausagefest and be surrounded by a bunch of dudes. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

http://stupidcupidblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/seinfeld.gif
Apr 16, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Korrvo said:
This, though they both usually suck
Apr 16, 2014 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Both r fine cause they can happen in real life

Fact:
best girls of the school usually being chased by bunch of boys
a king / powrful person in the past has more than 1 wife

As long as you are handsome/pretty, rich, special of something, there will always be a harem waiting for you.
Or you just need to care about the plants and let Momo Deviluke do the job
Apr 16, 2014 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
I voted harem only because I have never watched a reverse harem before.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 16, 2014 2:30 PM

Feb 2013
reverse harem because i feel more in tune with this genre compared to the average male anime watcher than i do with normal harem

i can always fap to the feMC
Apr 16, 2014 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
Red_Keys said:
Reverse harem, because I haven't seen as many and haven't been jaded and/or pissed off yet.

Plus I typically like shoujo romance better than shounen romance. The "comedic" physical and mental abuse can get a little stale at times.

Also, shoujo female characters are much more attractive than female shounen characters.

More or less this. Though reverse harems can also get very annoying, they don't annoy me as much either. Probably because I'm NOT part of the intended target audience. At least I don't get the feeling "Oh god, people think I'm the kind of person who'd enjoy THAT based on my sex(ual orientation)? Great image I have there. SMH."
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 16, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2013
I'm gonna go with harem cause the only reverse harem I've seen was a terrible pile of shit.

Both genres are terrible though.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 16, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
Why not both?
I dont mind either.
Amnesia , for instance , was just fine for me.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 16, 2014 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
Even though the demographic of reverse-harems is girls, I'd rather watch a regular harem. To sum that up....To Love Ru>Diabolik Lovers
Apr 16, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2007
Like many postcount++ers in this thread, standard harems have more appeal to me in the eye candy and wish fulfillment departments. But I wouldn't turn down a reverse harem show based on that category alone. Fruits Basket and Ouran HS Host Club are among my favorites, and some of the Yuu Watase titles like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres are pretty good, too. After all, those shows' treatment of guys isn't as sexualizing/demeaning/degrading/whatever as the average harem anime can be to women.
Apr 16, 2014 5:00 PM

Nov 2008
Korrvo said:
MotRin said:
calling bollocks

Nah I don't want girls to fawn over me for no reason.
Havn't seen a harem that is as good as Saiunkoku Monogatari so I'm still going with reverse harem.
Apr 16, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
Both are shit/mediocre, but at least I enjoy reverse harems. You know, you should change up the poll a bit. Like
- Reverse harem (I'm into guys)
- Reverse harem (I'm into girls)
vice versa with harem.

MEanimaniac1 said:
Even though the demographic of reverse-harems is girls, I'd rather watch a regular harem. To sum that up....To Love Ru>Diabolik Lovers

That's not how you do it. Take the worst male harem (I'm not sure which since I don't watch that many) and compare it with something even worse than Dialovers, like Arcana Famiglia or Starry Sky.
Apr 16, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
Honestly I think it depends on the show. I'm female but I have watched Harems which I absolutely love. I've watched Harems that I absolutely could not stand. I've watched Reversed Harem that were a lot of fun I've watched some ...brother's conflict for example..that no matter HOW nicely drawn the guys are, I can just feel my braincells while trying to watching it.
Apr 16, 2014 6:31 PM

Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

That's not how you do it. Take the worst male harem (I'm not sure which since I don't watch that many) and compare it with something even worse than Dialovers, like Arcana Famiglia or Starry Sky.
...Infinite Stratos?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 16, 2014 7:25 PM

Mar 2013
Harems tend to have stupid drama, characters, and plot; so I tend to avoid them.

Reverse Harems r like the complete opposite of that though.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Nov 2008
MEanimaniac1 said:

To Love Ru is like the best harem out there. And it still can't compare to Saiunkoku Monogatari.
You can't compare the best of this to the worst of that and say one is better.
Apr 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
well reverse harem i guess, but usually the plot is all over the place and the character development is the worst
"Anime make you cry so hard you gotta pause the video cause your tears in the way of you reading the subtitles"
Apr 16, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Zalis said:
Like many postcount++ers in this thread, standard harems have more appeal to me in the eye candy and wish fulfillment departments. But I wouldn't turn down a reverse harem show based on that category alone. Fruits Basket and Ouran HS Host Club are among my favorites, and some of the Yuu Watase titles like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres are pretty good, too. After all, those shows' treatment of guys isn't as sexualizing/demeaning/degrading/whatever as the average harem anime can be to women.

the funny thing is, i watched Ceres and Fushigi around when they came out. So being ignorant i had no idea they were reverse. Still don't since I haven't rewatched them, but i guess it must have instilled in me a love of reverse lol
Apr 16, 2014 8:30 PM

Nov 2010
Harems because I'm a straight male(though if there was a reverse harem full of traps or with art like Tsukumo Gou then I might reconsider) and they have Sekirei and Isekai Sekishi no Monogatari.
Apr 16, 2014 9:59 PM

Dec 2010
I don't like either but if I had to choose, harem > reverse harem...because the heroines of most reverse harems are boring/bland as shit.
Apr 16, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
Shocked said:
Which one has one girl being chased by other girls? I pick that.

YES! Yuri Harem all the way
Apr 16, 2014 11:44 PM
Dec 2013
draps1337 said:
Shocked said:
Which one has one girl being chased by other girls? I pick that.

This needs to happen. Something good and has ecchi.
Apr 17, 2014 4:50 AM

May 2012
REVERSE HAREM = LOTS OF IKEMEN BISHIES HOTTIES GREAT SEIYUU <3
Apr 17, 2014 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
Harems. I liked a few reverse harems too but I usually avoid them because of bishie overload.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 17, 2014 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
I like either depending how it's done, the specific show, characters, etc.

I guess I will prefer reverse harems. The fanservice is more what I like, although I can't take them seriously most of the time (OTT cheesiness, all the boys being too flirty all the time, etc) The one I really love is UtaPri (and KamiAsobi from this season looks promising)

For harems, I like them when I like the characters and any relationship and the comedy. I think my favourite one is NouCome. I could ignore the fanservice because it was hilarious and I loved the characters and the story it had.
Apr 30, 2014 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
Reverse Harem - when it's not retarded innocence like Kimi ni Todoke(Don't get me wrong, I love Kimi ni Todoke) and it doesn't involve with a plain, bland main character whom everybody falls in love with for no apparent reason other than she's kind.
Ouran Highschool Host Club was hilarious.

Harem - when the main character isn't somewhat as dense as a fucking neutron star.
Sugisaki Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon is an example.
Araragi Koyomi from Bakemonogatari as well, as he gets a girlfriend early on.

But as I am male, generally, I'd go with harem.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
Apr 30, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
None. I prefer a one on one romance, harems just get in the way.
Apr 30, 2014 8:29 PM

Jun 2008
draps1337 said:

I used to also think this way....but it's not necessary.

You see a Harem (By default) IS a Yuri Harem as well.

You think all these girls are just going to idly wait around for their turn?

Fuck no.

And if I'm the MC, you better believe these girls will be playing both sides of the field.
Apr 30, 2014 8:51 PM

Dec 2013
JustALEX said:
draps1337 said:

I used to also think this way....but it's not necessary.

You see a Harem (By default) IS a Yuri Harem as well.

You think all these girls are just going to idly wait around for their turn?

Fuck no.

And if I'm the MC, you better believe these girls will be playing both sides of the field.

yeah, before u bang 2 girls, u would like them to fuck each other first
Apr 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2014
Not a fan of either but if I had to decide I would say reverse harem is slightly better for me. I think Shoujo > Harem and reverse harems are decently close to shoujo.

Either way the MC will annoy me at times because I dislike oblivious/indecisive mcs expecially when it comes to romance. For the most part the harem genre thrives on these indecisive mcs. At least in shoujo the girl usually decides if there is a choice.

Finally i dislike stupid amounts of fanservice especially when the fanservice adds nothing to the story. I would prefer if the fanservice was the story like in kill la kill.
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 30, 2014 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
Show-wise, reverse.
Personally speaking, if I were to have one, a regular harem would be superb.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Apr 30, 2014 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
Harem because reverse harems are too much of a sausage fest

Apr 30, 2014 9:56 PM

Jul 2012
MAL is loaded with men? so i've heard.
why would they vote reverse harem? makes no sense
Apr 30, 2014 10:00 PM

Nov 2010
daintybiscuit said:
MAL is loaded with men? so i've heard.
why would they vote reverse harem? makes no sense
This is why.

romagia said:
reverse harem because i feel more in tune with this genre compared to the average male anime watcher than i do with normal harem

i can always fap to the feMC
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Red_Keys said:

More or less this. Though reverse harems can also get very annoying, they don't annoy me as much either. Probably because I'm NOT part of the intended target audience. At least I don't get the feeling "Oh god, people think I'm the kind of person who'd enjoy THAT based on my sex(ual orientation)? Great image I have there. SMH."
Zalis said:
OneOpinion said:
Not a fan of either but if I had to decide I would say reverse harem is slightly better for me. I think Shoujo > Harem and reverse harems are decently close to shoujo.

Either way the MC will annoy me at times because I dislike oblivious/indecisive mcs expecially when it comes to romance. For the most part the harem genre thrives on these indecisive mcs. At least in shoujo the girl usually decides if there is a choice.

Finally i dislike stupid amounts of fanservice especially when the fanservice adds nothing to the story. I would prefer if the fanservice was the story like in kill la kill.
Jul 21, 2019 5:26 AM
Jul 2019
reverse harem i think that is better than harem all harem anime are boring with full of naked and stuped girls without interesting story between reverse harem and harem have alot of differens revese harem have interesting story and i think revese harem have more fans than harem
Jul 21, 2019 5:42 AM

May 2018
As a straight male, I definitely prefer harem.
Jul 21, 2019 5:50 AM

Jul 2019
As a lesbian woman I tend to prefer harem with cute girls over revers harem.
AnimeFeministJul 21, 2019 5:55 AM

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Jul 21, 2019 5:52 AM
Nov 2017
Korrvo said:

THIS........thirty characters limit.
Jul 21, 2019 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
Ok so hear me out here, harems where everyone is the same gender.
Jul 21, 2019 6:01 AM

Jun 2014
I don't like any type of harem, to be honest.

Jul 21, 2019 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
Reverse harem cause I'm a straight girl but I'm watching School Days out of mere curiosity
Jul 21, 2019 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
Mirai said:
Ok so hear me out here, harems where everyone is the same gender.

Then it's not a harem, it's probably a sports anime lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

65 by Gator »»
33 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 57 minutes ago

7 by Akenjah »»
40 seconds ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Yesterday

5 by Nemo_Niemand »»
13 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

45 by Pokitaru »»
16 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

23 by Spunkert »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.