Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 13, 2009 8:05 PM
Mar 2009
Liang Qi's batshit antics are usually amusing and funny to watch since it shows how crazy and fucked up she can be but I liked how it portrayed how sad and obsessed she really is this episode. I also felt just as sorry, if not more, for Cummings as he took the physical abuse from her but didn't give up until it was too late and he put her out of her misery. While I hope he escaped the facility before its final moments, I don't see any real future for his character now that Liang Qi is dead other than doing this-and-that for Alphard.

And Hakko....I suppose it was a fitting end for her? Imo, she ended up doing more harm than good so at least she can be at peace with Santana now.

Looking forward to seeing what Alphard plans on doing now as well as how Canaan interacts with Natsume in the future. Should be interesting considering Canaan and Natsume's little chat last ep and Natsume bringing out the Black Hawks on the facility this episode.
Sep 13, 2009 8:53 PM

Aug 2008
Still happy 'cause the Creators are not afraid to kill kewl characters... My my my I feel everyone deserved the death they received... Not that I'm happy to see Hakko death... but in the end she got what she wanted and deserved.... But man we saw lots of disturbing things this episode... Like Cummings (RIP) and Liang Qi S&M, Hakko's necrophilia (WTH!!!) and Liang Qi over the board craziness...

I still wanna know what's up with that Natsume woman.... She's... the mystery of the whole show... It's clear she's the cause of all this mess... I just want to know how she's going to end up... Canaan... back to basics... Good for me... Oh and Alphard-sama...Go get into the final battle versus Canaan... That's the only thing I'm waiting... And obviously I'm waiting for the TAXI DRIVER!!! XD

Oh poor Liang Qi.. such a painful way to die... And be ignored by the one you love... Poor girl... I just hope she rots quickly in hell (Let's face it... It's the only place she can be now XD) and lives a peacefully after that

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 8:57 PM

Jun 2009
Farewell, dearest Liang Qi! You have enriched us and shown yourself to be the wickedest wight. I will mourn you.

It was a fitting death. From the start, Liang was the only one who was going to bring about the end of Liang. Honestly, all three main character deaths thus far have been handled with a great deal of poetry. There are two episodes left. I hope the show plays this tragic edge we've been seeing lately to the hilt. Will this be a short and sweet anime with an ending like classical Greek tragedies? I've been silently begging for that forever!
Sep 13, 2009 8:59 PM

May 2009
LIANG QI-SAMA!!!!!!! ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 9:32 PM

Jul 2009
mrthalo3 said:
Anyone noticed the way Liang Qi made her move with the big sword, resembling the way Luo-Lang from Sword of the Stranger moves.

Luo-Lang and not someone from your avatar? How oblivious of you to neglect "her" ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 13, 2009 10:24 PM

Jan 2008
What was most disturbing about Hakko's final act, wasn't really the act itself. Considering the show I'm not surprised something like that occurred. But, I didn't really think Hakko could fall that far. She seemed pretty stable throughout the show even after all the horrible things she went though in her backstory. Ah well, she was still hot even while dying...
Sep 13, 2009 11:16 PM

Oct 2007
Tarrasji said:
Qi Liang sure has some serious problems. I loved this episode though!
Sep 14, 2009 5:59 AM

May 2009
Not too bad an episode i guess, but i'm still not really getting everything. Liang Qi finally went completely insane, as expected.
Sep 14, 2009 6:47 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Actually this episode was way better than all previous episodes.

At least we got some intense stuffs happening...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 14, 2009 6:57 AM

Dec 2008
OMG I hate theses emo breakdowns but Liang Qui dont deserved such a shitty dead ; (

If Alphard was the main heroine of this show it would have been much more interesting.
; )

the ending part was nice
Sep 14, 2009 9:41 AM

Jul 2008
Finally the extreme yandere freak is dead.
Sep 14, 2009 9:47 AM

Feb 2008
Plate said:
Alphard provides a screencap to go in the "shows summed up with one image" collection.
Retarded but still entertaining nonetheless.
Sep 14, 2009 10:06 AM
Feb 2009
PsychFreak said:
*such a long talk so i put it in spoiler... but nicely describe how i feel about this episode*

not quite a bad end for hakko, at least she is with the person she love till the last. love the little action between alphard and liang qi, although i do hope liang qi can live a little bit longer... how i hope liang qi can have a fight with canaan...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 14, 2009 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was disturbing in so many ways,
Lian Qi's death had to be the most disturbing one of them all, I mean seriously the pills slowly making her suffer, Alphard slicing her ass up, and then Cummings delivering the final blow? Talk about a bad day for someone O_O

Poor Hakko, I could understand why she wanted to go with the love of her life...but come one screwing the crap out of him while the dude is already dead? Just wow!

I personally can't wait for the last two episodes. This has been one of the best anime series this summer in my opinion :D
Sep 14, 2009 10:59 AM
Feb 2009
Zilpzalp said:
You mean it?

She just got a bullet through her head.
seriously, who do u mean by "she"? i dont recall any character got shot in their head...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 14, 2009 12:26 PM

Sep 2009
flame_tiong said:
Zilpzalp said:
You mean it?

She just got a bullet through her head.
seriously, who do u mean by "she"? i dont recall any character got shot in their head...

she got shot in the stomach
Sep 14, 2009 12:31 PM

Sep 2009
I know this is a little off topic but I have a question, did Canaan get the virus since she was little? because she had synthesia since then.
Sep 14, 2009 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
Too bad I was hoping Lian Qi to go into Bankai mode but she went for Hollow mode instead >_<

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 14, 2009 1:09 PM

May 2008
Siva said:
but she went for Hollow mode instead >_<

This entire show is hollow.. characters included.
What a f*cking disappointing show.. Loads of fucked up things happen but they have no impact.

Mainly becuz characters are so flat/hollow..

This is not just My opinion btw.. it's a fact.. Those who disagree, are out of touch of 'reality'.
Sep 14, 2009 2:31 PM
Dec 2007
Things got pretty disturbing in this episode, and the direction was one of the less remarkable in the whole series. Strange developments too. Good thing that the animation is still top notch.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 14, 2009 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
Buta! Cream! BARBECUE! YUME! WAFFLE!!!
Sep 14, 2009 3:19 PM

Oct 2008
liang qi is a nut job, but good episode wanted to see more of canaan, maria and yun yun tho lol
Sep 14, 2009 3:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
sora88 said:
I know this is a little off topic but I have a question, did Canaan get the virus since she was little? because she had synthesia since then.

It is assumed that she has natural synesthesia and her abilities were probably enhanced by the virus....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 14, 2009 4:32 PM

Dec 2007
What the... this episode was so twisted.
Sep 14, 2009 5:30 PM

Jun 2008
Qi Liang in full crazy mode. She completely lost her mind and along with that her life also. I could never understand people that get so obsessed with others.
No one explained to us what that other Canaan was. Was it her sister a clone or something else.

By the way, that guy was walking around quite well after he took a few pullets in the legs.
Sep 14, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2008
^You mean Minoru the reporter? Oh he was only shot on his left arm... Nowhere else... Hakko actulaly had an awful aim and missed all the bullets ( that actually ricocheted on the passage walls) and just shot him on is arm... Keen.. Keen!!! XD

Signs,
Green
Sep 14, 2009 9:44 PM

Jun 2007
Wow, that girl was crazy! Not one, but two!
Sep 14, 2009 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
Mithinco said:
Wow, that girl was crazy! Not one, but two!

Crazy gals are AWESOME, nuff said =D

Sep 14, 2009 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
Crazy ass death by Liang Qi. I wouldn't believe anybody if they said that Liang Qi would have that kind of death.

And I guess it seems Hakko forgave Santana.
Sep 15, 2009 1:22 AM

Apr 2007
Fun episode. Way to man up, Cummings.
Sep 15, 2009 4:29 AM

Oct 2008
Traveller said:
Disturbing episode. What tha heck is wrong with Hakko. O_o

yeah what the hell making love with a dead body truly psycho shit as this whole episode
Sep 15, 2009 5:07 AM

Feb 2009
The show is just feeling rushed and many elements out of place. It's like they forgot it was a short season and just threw in whatever they could to make the show memorable in the end.
Sep 15, 2009 5:47 AM

Feb 2008
Liang Qi, R.I.P.
You were such an evil, badass, trolling, sadistic-masochist bitch, but I dislike and like you that way. (orz xD)
Way to go, Cummings...that part just made me cry. v_v (I easily get touched by the smallest of things -sigh- oh well)
Man, I'm gonna miss him. D:

Nice save by Alphard~♥
It wouldn't be good if Yunyun & Maria died. I like those two, especially Yunyun. ♥

So hopefully, next episode, we see moar Alphard x Siam x Canaan? :'3
Can't wait! ^0^
Moar Canaan x Alphard fight scenes, plz? x'3

It was true that Hakko sexing up deadSantana was disturbing indeed...but I can somehow understand how she felt...
Stupidly Accidentally killing the person you love, anyone would prolly go crazy over that...so her decision to stay with him is understandable. R.I.P. to those two as well.

(Anyways...taxi driver, where art thou? xD)

Sep 15, 2009 6:36 AM
Feb 2009
Monad said:
]By the way, that guy was walking around quite well after he took a few pullets in the legs.
rebwaters said:
^You mean Minoru the reporter? Oh he was only shot on his left arm... Nowhere else...
hmm... i think monad means cummings
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 15, 2009 7:21 AM

Oct 2007
wow... Hakko is a necrophiliac huh?
That's pretty disturbing.
Sep 15, 2009 9:12 AM

Dec 2008
EmilyFalcon said:
wow... Hakko is a necrophiliac huh?
Santana was probably still a bit warm ; )
Sep 15, 2009 10:09 AM

Mar 2009
sora88 said:

She never had the virus to begin with. She was born with her synthesia powers.
Sep 15, 2009 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
flame_tiong said:
rebwaters said:
^You mean Minoru the reporter? Oh he was only shot on his left arm... Nowhere else...
hmm... i think monad means cummings

Oh, so "Monad" means "Cummings"? Gotcha ;)
BitchMasterSep 15, 2009 4:54 PM

Sep 15, 2009 2:07 PM

Feb 2009
J-970 said:
Traveller said:
Disturbing episode. What tha heck is wrong with Hakko. O_o

Well, how would you feel if you just killed the one you love? What would you do?

I'd definitely not f*** him.
Sep 15, 2009 2:25 PM

Mar 2009
http://i007.radikal.ru/0909/82/627d7ecb2a08.jpg

WAFFLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 15, 2009 2:33 PM

May 2008
Finally, that crazy bitch Liang Qi is fucking dead. Dear GOD she was so fucked up it wasn't even funny. There are insane characters, and then there's Liang Qi. She has a category all for herself. She couldn't get better from ANY kind of help. I don't even know how Cummings could love someone that deranged.

Sorta sad Hakko died. She was sort of my favorite female character. I had a feeling she was gonna drag Santana somewhere and fuck his dead body xD Just seems that way with how he died and all.

Sep 15, 2009 5:46 PM

Sep 2009
MrTerrorist said:
sora88 said:

She never had the virus to begin with. She was born with her synthesia powers.

ohh I thought someone mentioned that she had the virus, but I probably misunderstood, the subs go away so fast sometimes lol
but thanks for the info now i know :)

Yeah I cant wait for the next episode to come out, I deff want more about Canaan, Alphard and Sian, about what exactly happened, why did Alphard kill Sian and a fight between Alphard and Canaan would be awesome! but I dont want any of them to die though, they are both awesome. =D

Ep12 "Seasonal Train"
Ep13 "Land of Hope" cant waiiit!
Sep 15, 2009 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
I'm pretty sure she has the virus. Alphard was talking about how Cannan's powers are duplicated by taking someone with synesthesia, and exposing them to the virus. Since synesthesia is rare, they were finding a combination of drugs to mimic that. I think they all but said that she had the virus, and since she's from that village, I think it's safe to assume that.

Besides that, I thought it was a bad episode, too much Liang Qi, Hakko sexing up a corpse was just too much in a bad direction (seemingly just to get rid of her), and nothing really important happened, which is bad considering we're at the tail-end.
Sep 15, 2009 8:15 PM

May 2009
Liang Qi dying was a pretty big thing though, and I thought it was done really well. Hakko's death on the other hand, just really creeped me out lol. At least Yun-Yun won't have to die. I'm hoping for taxi driver next ep
Sep 16, 2009 3:52 AM
Dec 2008
Hakko should have taken Santana's body and continued their "lovers talk" elsewhere.
with this in mind, I also wondered if Cummings had this similar kind of "talk" with Liang when Aphard left them XD

As for the episode, it was pretty much the best episode so far. Liang qi was twisted, I totally lol'd when she started to go "rambo mode" and began gathering weapons/ammo's XD

RIP Liang and Cummings, you guys will be missed (cries manly tears)

*sigh* would have wanted to see more of that sword swinging action though...
Sep 16, 2009 9:04 AM
Feb 2009
BitchMaster said:
=o=... at ur joke, it is so........ make people speechless........
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 16, 2009 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
OftheFlesh said:

I dont think cummings died xD
Sep 16, 2009 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
flame_tiong said:
BitchMaster said:
=o=... at ur joke, it is so........ make people speechless........

Oh, that is supposed to be a joke? I didnt know about it til you tell me LOL

Sep 16, 2009 5:36 PM

Oct 2008
Probably the best episode so far. Liang and Hakko's deaths were both very well played out, and the music score was top-notch.
Sep 16, 2009 10:33 PM
Dec 2008
sora88 said:
OftheFlesh said:

I dont think cummings died xD

Okay, maybe there's no confirmation yet. But if he does live, it just wont be the same as before since liang is dead... So to me, he's as dead. lol XD
gnodabSep 16, 2009 10:37 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 29, 2009

91 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:20 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 22, 2009

106 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.