Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 20, 2009 6:50 AM

May 2009
Awesome episode, it didn't feel rushed to me. Cliché, yes, but it was still great - the fight was cool.
I was very surprised that Cordelia was a Darcsen.

And poor Selvaria... Maximilian is such a bastard.
Sep 20, 2009 8:02 AM

May 2008
Finally general dies
Hooray!
Sep 20, 2009 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
Darcsen haired Cordelia-Hime for the win!
Sep 22, 2009 4:53 AM

Jul 2008
yeah finally the general died. man this took way too long. now maximillian is the evil dude. but really how can have a chance of winning now? his plan didnt go as planned, no valkyria there anymore. still two more eps, i hope it wont be a filler one.

Sep 23, 2009 5:08 AM
Jul 2009
They're making a sequel to the game this is based on so there might be a sequel to this anime.
Sep 24, 2009 1:47 AM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
I really hated the reveal in this episode. Maybe it's because of the really tacky things I've watched today, but I really did scream when she took off that wig. The show has suffered a meltdown since making Alicia a Valkyrie, and now it's just one lame plot twist after another.

Yes. The script has become absolutely horrible and tasteless after Alicia became a Valkyria. To the point that I won't even care to watch the end. Just reading the absurd developments and revelations on these forums make me laugh, and definitely want to avoid wasting 24 minutes of my time by watching this.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 25, 2009 4:43 AM

Nov 2007
That episode felt like it came straight out of DBZ O_O, but wow the princess is actually not a descendant of the Valkyrie =O and there goes Selvaria =/
Sep 30, 2009 1:54 AM

Mar 2009
Maxamillian is one cold fish...everyone is just a tool to him.

I liked his reaction when Princess Cordelia revealed that she was Darcsen!

I have to agree with crimsonwill on DBZ especially the final attacks of Alicia and Selvaria.
Oct 1, 2009 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
It was ok . It sad the dead of Selveria and Maximilian is a bastard.
Oct 1, 2009 7:56 PM

Aug 2007
I didn't expect to see Saleveria die. That was truly unexpected.
But definitely, Princess Cordelia's secret is not something I saw coming. Who would knew that she was wearing a wig this entire time???

But it was worth it to see Prince Maximillian face. He's an ass for the way he treated Salveria, the only person that probably cared for him.
Oct 6, 2009 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:

It's clearly over 9000 xD

Overall an awesome episode anyway : D

^this
Oct 6, 2009 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
I was really disappointed with this episode. It was shocking to see that the princess wasn't who she claimed to be.

But the battle between Alicia and Selvaria ended way too disappointing. At the last second Alicia remembers her friends, and with in seconds she wins. I was really hoping that Squad 7 would show up to trigger Alicia's courage. And then Selvaria ended up killing herself? Meh...:/
Oct 16, 2009 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
Alicia beat her down. Granted it was at the very end and was kinda pulled out of her ass. But the rest of the parts were refreshing. Squad 7's struggles were good, and the Princesses' heritage was a surprise, I kept seeing Isara.
Feb 25, 2010 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
yeah!!!Damon is dead woohoo,the commander doesn't know where is the safe zone ah hahahaha,i cant believe someone stupid like damon can be a commander.
JiakBaKaEngFeb 25, 2010 1:17 PM
Mar 10, 2010 3:22 AM

Mar 2007
Wow... this is a perfect example of not having enough time to animate things:

I thought i've seen bad animation due to time constraints before, but that was definitely the worst. Shame considering how great this shows is too :(

The Nuke was pretty epic too. Good fight, little anime-ish at the end but good none the less. Awesome.

KAAAAAAMEEEEHAAAMEEEHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENGAGE THE IMPOSSIBLE TANK! Fuck that thing looks ridiculous. And the next 2 episodes better look fabulous.
RanivusMar 10, 2010 3:28 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 3, 2010 11:18 PM

Sep 2008
Can anyone say cockblocked?
You rule Mamiko Noto. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2010 4:11 PM
Mar 2010
we have in descent parabola.... Maximilian is very crazy... I thought him as not totally bed, but now he is totally insane!!!! Poor selvaria.... not 'cause she die (it is excepted), but for the mediocre emotional performance of her death... not a good scene I think...
The animation is great, congratulations!!!!
Jul 16, 2010 10:26 PM

Sep 2008
Everything happened pretty quickly...

Alicia is still beyond awesome. :D And geez, I really did not expect that twist with the princess being Darcsen and everything... I've also decided: "His Highness" (the one Selvaria served, whatever his name is) is the biggest royal buttface ever. :] I'm sure Selvaria would have been happy to share some of her Valkyria blood with him, but nooo, he has to go and start a huge war with Gallia... He didn't deserve Selvaria's hard work and dedication. D<
Sep 14, 2010 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
I really liked this episode. I was completely surprised that princess Cordelia was a Darcsen, partly because it was one of the few surprises that the opening did not give away. The other thing I liked was that Maximilian finally seems like a bad guy. Even though in real life there are two perspectives and nobody is usually a "bad guy," I like to have someone to route against.
Sep 14, 2010 7:34 PM
Jul 2009
that's a pretty big chunk missing from selvaria's side. Valkyrian's are equal to nukes after all.

Damon is dead thankfully. That guy was just unbelievable.
Oct 20, 2010 4:00 PM
Mar 2010
Really good animation in the fight scenes!
Princess Cordelia really suprised me. I liked Selveria but at least she got rid of annoying Damon ...
Only 2 eps left... :S
Jan 27, 2011 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
I'm shocked about the revelation with the princess.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Mar 25, 2011 11:15 PM

May 2010
The writers of the show just hates Selvaira do they?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 13, 2011 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
The Valkyrian battle was OK but it definitely could have been better. The only good thing in Selvaria's death was that she took that stupid general Damon with her!

I was a bit surprised that the Randgriz were Darcsen, so that was what the Princess and Faldio were talking about in the tent last episode that Faldio was surprised as well.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 12, 2011 9:08 PM

Apr 2009
R. I. P. Selvaria, my gratitude for her roasting Damon and the lowlife officers of the Gallian Regular Army in a literal blaze of glory. Nuked. Too bad Maximilian never returned her feelings, and I didn't see Damon and friends suffer enough/get humiliated before they were wiped off the face of the earth.

I wasn't surprised about Cordelia revealing her true lineage though, because I had already been spoiled in an episode discussion long ago (thanks to those gamers who complained about Cordelia's hair color being different when she first appeared), and that the color of her eyes served as a pretty strong hint.

And no, that's no tank, that's a freakin' land battleship. If Alicia doesn't get transferred back to Squad 7, I can see Faldio being reassigned to the team to plug in the squad's shortfall of one soldier since Alicia left. Then, a battle in Randgriz to have the OP animation make more sense, minus Isara and Selvaria.
Apr 15, 2013 8:38 AM

Jun 2012
great episode. though i might just think so because that "General" Damon finally died ^_^
sad that Selvaria died and also about the poor guy who was her aide being shot by Maximalian. that cold-hearted ba****d.

not too suprised about the princess since i played VC2 before watching this so i already knew she was a Darcsen -_-

but there is one thing that's bothering me: are you telling me the Gallians actually allowed Maximalian to come with a freaking battleship for handling out a t-r-u-c-e ?! o.O
Jun 16, 2013 9:39 AM

Dec 2012
Glad that fat ass general is finally dead, the one character I was hoping would die since his first appearance.
Sep 9, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2012
WUT? Selvaria's dead? I was so happy to finally see her kick some ass again... ;_;
Guess she'll never be the queen of the Empire...
Oct 15, 2013 1:47 PM
Mar 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Cordelia's current hair (the dark blue one) is just another wig. That seems to be her trademark!

I liked the episode, but I didn't want Selvaria to go :(

If anything Cordelia's attendant (that big blonde bishop guy) should go. I mean, he planned to assassinate the princess he should be getting his karma any day now.
Oct 18, 2013 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
Selvaria went boom :(

Finally Damon died

The princess is a Darcsen, she obviously wasn't a Valkyria, but still that reaveal was so :\

NOOOOO Karl!!!!!
Mar 14, 2014 11:04 PM

Apr 2011
ClearSinz said:
im confused..
if he just wanted the Valkyrie's blood , why cant he just have Selvaira's? O.o
cuz he did say once he got the power/blood something like that u get everything O.o....

You know, since she can 1 vs 1000 I'm surprised he doesn't use her to take over the Empire but whatever lol
Jul 22, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
when the fat guy died, that was the best sacrifice ever. Why are the loyal ones always too good for the pricks.
Aug 11, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2012
Rest in Pieces

Shame there's no duel with Jaeger & his Lupus tank :(
It's a bit hard for me
But after trial & error I can get A rank.. In game xD

Easy 2 last battles are incoming!
"Signature removed"
Sep 7, 2015 12:43 AM

Dec 2013
Finally! General Lard-ass has finally kicked the bucket, but sadly at the expense of Selveria. It also seems that I misjudged Maximilian. In place of General Lard-ass, Maximilian has taken his place on my shit(character) list.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Apr 29, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
The Valkyrur war of two Valkyrian resolve .
Old times' Sake . Connections of "Descendants" .
A graceful death. A Beautiful Star , shined through out the ages. Selvaria Bles .
In honor and grace , Loyalty and Love , May they rest in peace .
Great Episode . Motives and Secrets revealed .
AnimeLaver01Apr 29, 2016 11:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Jul 2014
The reveal sort of makes sense, the line "It is time to end this fake history" suggesting the anime will infodump us again on the history of Galia. Though I already know, thanks to the game B)

The fight scene was utter trash. It was animated like shit, especially at the part where Alicia falls to the ground and starts spinning, there was no detail at all on the ground and walls, and her body resembled a rotating sprite. Alicia also had her stupid Nakumo power-up moment when she remembered "who", or more appropriately, "the precious thing" she was fighting for. Such vapid, uninspired motives like that come off as trite to say the least. Not to mention the DBZ-esque charge-up sequence, when the two delivered their final blows, so tasteless.

That entire scene was garbage -unarguably the worst scene of the entire show-and I'm glad it's over with. Such times like these really accentuate the show's flaws, which is quite a shame since VC has done so many things right when the directors sort of felt like it.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 25, 2020 3:48 PM

Mar 2019
I felt the episode went too fast. So many things happened in a short time. We barely had the time to feel how monstrous the Marmota was, and in a blink of an eye it was already in Randgriz.

Poor Alicia, she looked so pathetic, getting controlled by Damon, and fighting without purpose. I gotta admit though, the battle scene was awesome. And I highly doubt she would have survived Selvaria's self destruct explosion intact, being so close to the epicenter like that.

Well, here goes my other expectation. Looks like I'll never be able to see Selvaria with her signature gun Ruhm. However, I feel her death in the anime is sadder than in the game.

Maximilian is so cruel, even more than in the game, he went as far as calling Cordelia useless. In the game he still intent to marry Cordelia despite knowing her true heritage.

Squad 7 is so useless, sitting ducks regretting about letting Alicia go. At least Welkin was intent to see Alicia.
Aug 12, 2020 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
I kind of expected it but damn that was a realistic wig
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Nov 24, 2021 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
This was the worst episode... and the most important at the same time.
The princess' reveal was okay, but the valkyries battle was awful (with the laziest final blow), the character development uninteresting and that final explosion...

I pretty liked this show at some point, but... those last episodes were a slump...

They have one last battle. It will decided too much.
Feb 13, 2023 2:38 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Thunderfur said:
Too rushed indeed.. And btw if you like the anime you should get the game, it's 10x better..

YES, this part really did feel much better in the game, besides while I dont recall specifics, wasnt Alicia back to the squad sooner?

Selvaria's death had more impact in the game, not only was different, but you felt even more of how much of a piece of TRASH this Maximilion punk is, to order her like that, poor girl...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.