Forum Settings
Forums

If you were the author, Yagi-san, how would you write Claymore?

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 8, 2009 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
soaring_wings said:
jackdaniels said:
IF Yagi-san ACTUALLY CARED about the males, he would;ve made a spotlight of them during his "brea" where he told the backstories of Pris, Miria, Teresa and Clare's "hair".

this is not so much as what Yagi cares about that I was stating but just a personal curiosity of why the three of them hated each other. Yeah he obviously isn't too interested in these three characters, but I still hold out a bit of hope that there may a flashback at a later date to not only show the back story of the male claymores, but also the organization's origins.
ps - Priscilla had a back story? From what I read it was only a slight hint and nothing like the back story given to Teresa, Clare and Miria.

JD: It still was Priscilla's story to tell. The supprting cast of Rigald and Easley just fueled the origin of how she came about, not from the Teresa point but AFTERWARDS, where Easley finally bowed down to someone more powerful than he is.

jackdaniels said:
I never saw that line by Soaring about exhaustion on Raciela.

It is possible for her to die due to tiredness but as Hollywood said: launching projectiles is just one SMALL part of her weaponry. She could do this all year long but when you only have one reason for existing which is to destroy everything, I think she's in a league of her own. A totally different species which is bigger than the rest of the Org and Awakened's combined.

Here is the part I got it from. So Rafeala-Lucielia will continue to destroy until it dies itself, and I only see this happening from using up all it's energy, thus death through exhaustion.
Yeah, that's is true that launching may just be a small part of her overall power, but if this merger is going to continue to sew these spans indefinitely, I don't see how Clare, Helen, and Devene will be able to get out of the fight alive, especially since Beth has just awaken, unless Beth starts attacking the spans herself and buys time for the three to escape (butwhy would she do that?) ...but even if this happens, the spans will keep moving and wreaking towns...so Rafaela-Lucielia can't just be standing there doing nothing while everyone gets really to take it on...So I predict it will be the first to die. Just my prediction of course, I can see how the story leaves room for other deaths before the merged being dies itself. :P

JD: and what is the time-frame for 'the end" of raf-ciela to finally "die of exhaustion"?

The 7 won't be able to do anything. Nothing. They coudln't even face someone of the Awakened Beth without at least 2 of the 7 dying. It will be a full retreat for everyone.

BUT...I have a feeling that Miria, being the smartest and sexiest, will eventually figure her out. Those 6 are just brainless without Miria.
Oct 9, 2009 8:09 AM
Nov 2008
jackdaniels said:
BUT...I have a feeling that Miria, being the smartest and sexiest, will eventually figure her out. Those 6 are just brainless without Miria.

She is smart and probably will figure something out, but what does Miria being the sexiest have to do with her figuring this monster out? Yeah because being the sexiest really matters. LMAO
Oct 9, 2009 9:30 AM

Sep 2007
@jackdaniels: no idea of when Refaela-Lucielia will die, but the point being that Miria isn't even aware of the thing (she knows something horrible has happened, but isn't aware what)...and how on earth can the three of them escape when the have the spawns to deal with as well as an awakened Beth? It seems impossible for them just to run away, and chapter 96 shows they haven't even considered running, so I just don't see a way out of this, except something happening to the merged being. Right now the most likely being death through exhaustion, since the organization can't do anything, the 7 can't do anything, Riful can't do anything, and Refaela-Lucielia has no real will, so I doubt it will just decide to save the destruction for later or go somewhere else. Again, it's a manga we are taking about so maybe some unwarranted power-up will happen as with the battle with Rigardo. But excluding that Yagi does something drastic like last time, I don't see any other way around it.

I think we have different ideas of what 'back story' means. To me back story is something that is either outside the main plot (as with Miria), or precedes it (as with Clare and Teresa), Priscilla's story was told through the plot and was part of the plot, while we know next to nothing about the Priscilla before becoming number 2 and awakening. Her thing with Isley was part of the plot so I don't count it as back story, nor do we really learn too much about her then, just that she regressed to childhood. ;)
Oct 10, 2009 1:21 PM
Jul 2009
SW: The team caught in the middle of the Rafciela barrage are "running". They're just trying to get out of the battlezone (see Cynthia/Uma) and they realized that they are waaaay out of Rafciela's league. Common sense is not exactly a strong pt. with the 7 and needs the Miria leadership to get out this situation.

Again, I will have to disagree with the 'exhaustion' argument. I am guessing that because the devils' were attacking last issue THEN "most" of them died in this issue (what the hell?) leaves some holes in Yagi-san's writings (too quick a pace , i guess) and that somehow fueled your exhaustion argument.

On the backstory; either it's an origin, backstory, sidestory, front story; it's an important story. One thing that readers kind of "oversaw" in that issue was not only how Easley bowed/fell for Priscilla but how Rigald got his butt kicked easily.;)
Oct 10, 2009 3:48 PM

Sep 2007
jackdaniels said:
SW: The team caught in the middle of the Rafciela barrage are "running". They're just trying to get out of the battlezone (see Cynthia/Uma) and they realized that they are waaaay out of Rafciela's league. Common sense is not exactly a strong pt. with the 7 and needs the Miria leadership to get out this situation.

When I say the three, I mean Clare, Helen, and Devene. Uma and Cynthia are running, but the other three are stuck at the moment. Rafeala-Lucielia is getting ready to release another round of spawns and Beth has just awaken near them. Helen mentioned that they were finished, but Clare said it's not over yet, just as Rafeala-Lucielia were getting ready to sew more spawns. This shows that Clare's group isn't thinking of running.

jackdaniels said:
Again, I will have to disagree with the 'exhaustion' argument. I am guessing that because the devils' were attacking last issue THEN "most" of them died in this issue (what the hell?) leaves some holes in Yagi-san's writings (too quick a pace , i guess) and that somehow fueled your exhaustion argument.

Well Rigardo, Isley, and Lucielia all had quick entrances and exists. Although Isley lasted longer in manga time-wise, he wasn't around all that much. Rigardo died right after he was introduced, but his fight with Clare spanned a few chapters. Lucielia was introduced and then "died". And Isley played a prominent role in the Northern Campaign, but right after the Northern Campaign (the 7 year time skip) he was discarded. Sure he lasted a lot longer then Rigardo, and Lucielia, but villains in Claymore don't really last all that long. As for the demons, they are still alive, at least some of them, and since the Organization can keep producing them, they aren't really gone yet. But my point in all this is that maybe Rafaela-Lucielia will be like Rigardo, an impossible opponent, that lasts a few chapters. If we exclude the possibility of something as drastic as Clare half awakening again, then the only option is exhaustion.
Please bear with me, this is just my opinion of how I see the events being resolved logically from the way the story has been set up to this point. I'm not arguing to say that they must be resolved this way, but rather that at the moment I see this as the most possible resolution. I can also see the problem with my position, Rafeala-Lucielia is a being with lots of power, it's very hard to imagine that it will exhaust itself easily. I agree with you here, but I just think that right now, it's removal is the only way to proceed, that is until Yagi reveals another bit of information (for example that Miria has left her post and has come to the aid of Clare's group).
Oct 11, 2009 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
I would not change anything, there has been no major problem so far.

Although, i do have my hopes for Irene!
Oct 13, 2009 7:28 PM
Jul 2009
Soaring: I see. Maybe I misunderstood but you are angling that in order to have the story move faster or to end it is tantamount to Rafciela's exhaustion. OK. The 3 are not "running" anyway until Rafciela "stops" and catches a breather (or smokes a menthol) but anyway even if those remaining of the 7 try to fight it out, the ones that will be exhausted is...Helen.

IMHO, the only way to beat Rafciela is with Clare, not Miria. She understands how she ticks, she was also the catalyst how she became what she is.
Oct 16, 2009 6:53 PM
Jul 2009
Frenz said:
I would not change anything, there has been no major problem so far.

Although, i do have my hopes for Irene!

We are now at a faster pace than usual. No more breaks for these girls. Miria, for now is doing her brain thingy and leading the troops but of course, those girls cant all be saints and nuns, right? Nice to know that helen is still Helen and Clare is Clare to make such reckless decisions.

and please, no more Raki. experiment on him all you want Orga guys!
Oct 17, 2009 2:22 PM
Nov 2008
Yeah no more Raki would be real nice. :D
Oct 18, 2009 2:16 PM
Jul 2009
Darkwing63 said:
Yeah no more Raki would be real nice. :D

Then who are we going to make fun of? Let him stay. Besides, the next issue will be "the Raki torture" episode. It will be great when those Org doctors inject bad stuff into him.:)
Oct 18, 2009 11:46 PM
Aug 2007
I'm excited too. This should be interesting to see. I can now truly appreciate the writing of Yagi-sensei by this glorious gift of seeing how Raki will be be treated like a rabbit in an Org lab. First, the pace of the storytelling has indeed become an action thriller instead of the same old, boring nonsense of having Clare and Raki finally meet which will never happen in the next 2 years, at least. Kudos also to the new and fresh character buildup of Rafciela.

Could be me but I predict that big, statue is just a shell that houses a being more dangerous than any of the Org's nightmares.

I also noticed how indecisively weak those 7 really are, but I will have to defer to the leadership qualities of Miria who leads a broken group into the dangers of the unknown.
Oct 19, 2009 12:50 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:

Could be me but I predict that big, statue is just a shell that houses a being more dangerous than any of the Org's nightmares.

I also noticed how indecisively weak those 7 really are, but I will have to defer to the leadership qualities of Miria who leads a broken group into the dangers of the unknown.

Yeah, that is possible. That is one big Abyssal, and it wouldn'e be surprising that inside that big presence is a smaller but more evil Abyssal.

I agree. Those 7 need more training, but how much more training do they need when the best training they could go thru is ACTUAL situations like last issue when they were surrounded? Let them learn the hard way.
Oct 19, 2009 1:01 PM
Nov 2008
Maybe Raki will die as they experiment on him... :D
Oct 20, 2009 11:42 AM
Aug 2007
Darkwing63 said:

Maybe, but wont happen. If Raki dies then Clare knows about it, she'll awaken and will have no purpose in this story.

Just turn him into a grotesque monster. His sole objective is to be found by Clare. that's it.
Oct 20, 2009 3:59 PM
Nov 2008
hollywood said:
Darkwing63 said:

Maybe, but wont happen. If Raki dies then Clare knows about it, she'll awaken and will have no purpose in this story.

Just turn him into a grotesque monster. His sole objective is to be found by Clare. that's it.

Either way you look at it, he is going to die. Or most probably will. If he doesn't die in the experiments, Clare will probably kill him when it is too late for him, then she will get angry and awaken. Her awakening would be good for the story, it would give her the top role where it originally was supposed to be. Then she will probably use her awakened power to take revenge on everyone.

Or maybe Priscilla will end up being with him after, she might end up killing him because he "smells" different. Or she might go crazy again and they can be two monsters together.

Another thought just came to mind, Clare and Raki might be the last fight, and they might end up killing each other in the end and they wouldn't notice each other until they are about to die. Assuming Raki is an awakened then. I hope this doesn't happen because it is still Raki, and having him as the last bad guy to kill would be bad for the story.
MechaMaddnessOct 20, 2009 4:06 PM
Oct 20, 2009 7:14 PM
Jul 2009
It's not I like your idea Darkwing, but that's what it's leaning to in regards to Claymore. Sure, I would find it funny that Clare would kill him to relieve his suffering after being transformed to yoma but I dont think it would come to that because he's the only male character that's...human.

No, Priscilla wouldn't harm Raki. Something definitely happened to those 2 in 7 years that's created a bond between them.

Yes, Clare and Raki finding each other "should" turn into a tragedy. I love happy endings but if the anime is ALWAYS/MOSTLY a fast-forwarded version of any ongoing manga, then it will turn out be a happy reunion between those 2. IF it were based on the anime.

I prefer that Miria finally find a human boytoy because thinking about revenge is just so yoma.
Oct 21, 2009 7:46 AM
Nov 2008
Well considering Claymore is more of a tragedy when it looks like it will have a good ending. The end to every arc has had a sad ending to it, someone dying that had a hard life being controled by the organization. So just by looking at the chances of Clare and Raki having a sad ending, are more high then them both having a good ending together.

As for Miria, I don't think she could care less if she found a boytoy. She is more of the loner type, even though some people speculate that her and Tabitha have something going on. I don't think thier are many guys that can fit her needs.
MechaMaddnessOct 21, 2009 7:49 AM
Oct 21, 2009 6:06 PM

Sep 2007
Darkwing63 said:

As for Miria, I don't think she could care less if she found a boytoy. She is more of the loner type, even though some people speculate that her and Tabitha have something going on. I don't think thier are many guys that can fit her needs.

what? really? Miria and Tabitha? I would really like to hear these arguments, they must be very creative since the manga gives us next to nothing (except that the two of them tend to pair up). But that can be said of Cynthia and Uma (or Yuma), as well as Deneve and Helen. I would find it more believable that Devene and Helen have something going on, then Miria and Cynthia. *shrugs* Oh, I know you aren't suggesting this darkwings, I'm just curious about what the arguments would be and if anyone one does think so, I would like to hear why.

Yeah, I second the notion that Miria having a boytoy wouldn't fit her persona, although neither does it fit with Clare's persona, so I guess it just amounts to how the set up would go (so anything can go as long as it is made believable). This is also one of the reasons that the Clare-Raki relationship seems forced. They act more like siblings or at least on Clare's part since Clare saw a direct parallel between herself and Teresa and Raki and herself, but it is obvious Raki is infatuated with her.

Well, I don't know what will happen to Raki, but I do think that the eventual meeting between Clare and Raki will be tragic. Even if he remains human, his relationship with Priscilla will still make the reunion a tragic one. Although I'm hoping for something even more tragic (a la Raki becoming an experiment with no recollection of Clare). I guess it's cause I tend to like well crafted tragic tales (nothing wrong with a happy ending, I like those too, but I guess Claymore's vibe gives off a more tragic mood, so I am hoping it will follow through till the end).
Oct 21, 2009 7:20 PM
Jul 2009
Darkwing63 said:
Well considering Claymore is more of a tragedy when it looks like it will have a good ending. The end to every arc has had a sad ending to it, someone dying that had a hard life being controled by the organization. So just by looking at the chances of Clare and Raki having a sad ending, are more high then them both having a good ending together.

Happy ending chances at this point are good, while tragic ending with the death of Raki, wishful but not completely out of the real of reality. However,

What is this crazy notion that Tabitha and Miria have something going on? They were only seen together at Rabona while the other 5 are being challenged by Rafciela's devils.If there ever was a lesbo relationship, it would be Helen and Deneve. But of course, over the years, I have read other fans post that Deneve "had" the muscle chick from Pieta that's why she was crying.

>>Yeah, I second the notion that Miria having a boytoy wouldn't fit her persona, although neither does it fit with Clare's persona, so I guess it just amounts to how the set up would go (so anything can go as long as it is made believable). This is also one of the reasons that the Clare-Raki relationship seems forced. They act more like siblings or at least on Clare's part since Clare saw a direct parallel between herself and Teresa and Raki and herself, but it is obvious Raki is infatuated with her.

The Clare-Raki relationship is a complicated one. It's past infatuation and an absurd mix of mother-son/older teacher-student combo that has strengthened as the years go by. I would tread on the dynamics of this relationship carefully. Of course, if I were Raki I would go nuts on Clare ;)
Oct 22, 2009 7:49 AM
Nov 2008
@soaring_wings: I really hate it when you ask questions at the start of a post, makes me have to remember what I was talking about before. LOL

Now @ both soaring_wings & jackdaniels: I think everything that you have said can happen, if it makes sense, but it does have to be believable. Now that I think about it, their is a possibility that Priscilla, Clare, and Raki could die at the ending. I get the feeling Clare could die and Raki will leave with Priscilla again. Clare could die and Raki could end up with someone else from the seven, or someone else even. But yeah Clare seems to not like Raki the way he likes her, she probably gave him the wrong idea when she kissed him that last time they saw each other. XD
Oct 22, 2009 1:15 PM

Sep 2007
@darkwings: ah sorry, I just get so shocked at what some people try to say. I just cannot see how someone would draw the conclusion that Miria and Cynthia Tabitha (sorry I got confused with the names, I meant to put Tabitha XD) are involved romantically. Seems like a crack shipping to me. But anyways this doesn't really matter.

@jackdaniels: On Clare's part of the relationship I agree, it is very complex. She sees herself in Raki, she wants to protect him like a younger brother, yet the time they spent together deepens their bond, and Raki gives Clare a sense of humanity. However, to me it seems painfully obviously that he is infatuated with her. When Cid hit on Clare and then kissed her, Raki was clearly jealous, but I guess you could make the point that we don't really know what the older Raki feels towards Clare.
soaring_wingsOct 22, 2009 3:09 PM
Oct 22, 2009 1:52 PM
Nov 2008
@soaring_wings: It's okay, I haven't thought about some of the girls together like that. It wasn't Miria and Cynthia, but Miria and Tabitha that I have read about on several other forums. For some reason people think the two of them have something going on. It's probably just fanboys going crazy for some girl on girl action in the series which they will never get. Lol

As for Raki and Clare, I really don't think it's going to be that great for them if they both meet each other again. Clare will probably just see him like a younger brother who has grown older, and Raki might see her as more but will never get anymore than he has got before, or even less with her.
Oct 22, 2009 7:24 PM
Jul 2009
>>@jackdaniels: On Clare's part of the relationship I agree, it is very complex. She sees herself in Raki, she wants to protect him like a younger brother, yet the time they spent together deepens their bond, and Raki gives Clare a sense of humanity. However, to me it seems painfully obviously that he is infatuated with her. When Cid hit on Clare and then kissed her, Raki was clearly jealous, but I guess you could make the point that we don't really know what the older Raki feels towards Clare.

SOARING. I dont even remember that part. The only thing I noticed in the past issue like issue 25 onwards is the way Yagi DRAWS. His artistry vastly improved around Pieta. A boy like that does get jealous when Clare is looked upon a sister/mother.

Clare just screwed up the relationship when he SMOOCHED Raki in the Ophelia arc.

DARKWING. you quoted "As for Raki and Clare, I really don't think it's going to be that great for them if they both meet each other again. Clare will probably just see him like a younger brother who has grown older, and Raki might see her as more but will never get anymore than he has got before, or even less with her."

That's true as well which is most probably the comfortable and acceptable angle to look at. Maybe the bond is a mix of platonic/sexual etc and that's probably how Yagi wants to play it to confuse us and throw us off what the real relationship really is.

DW/SW: "@soaring_wings: It's okay, I haven't thought about some of the girls together like that. It wasn't Miria and Cynthia, but Miria and Tabitha that I have read about on several other forums. For some reason people think the two of them have something going on. It's probably just fanboys going crazy for some girl on girl action in the series which they will never get. Lol

ok, I'll bite. That's insane: Miria/Tabitha. Sure, I get the nutty/sexy fantasy here but c'mon. Helen-Deneve, sure.

****on another note, having 2 users who's last name is WING and responding in kind is a bit confusing as well.:)
Oct 23, 2009 8:52 AM
Nov 2008
Your post reminded me of something. If Yagi is planning on throwing us off with Clare and Raki, if he does anything like he did in his last manga before Claymore wth the main characters love life, if that does happen too Clare and Raki it will throw us off for sure. XD

Yeah I thought the name thing could get confusing too, after I noticed someone else had "wing" at the end of their name too. :p
Oct 26, 2009 11:13 AM
Aug 2007
Darkwing63 said:
Your post reminded me of something. If Yagi is planning on throwing us off with Clare and Raki, if he does anything like he did in his last manga before Claymore wth the main characters love life, if that does happen too Clare and Raki it will throw us off for sure. XD

Yeah I thought the name thing could get confusing too, after I noticed someone else had "wing" at the end of their name too. :p

Yagi-san will definitely throw us off in the ending, if I just go by how erratic and unpredictable the course of the story has become lately, namely the last 10 issues. Anyone who tries to write a story knows that once the 2nd act takes a life of it's own, the ending will not be exactly as planned.

The reason why I had to comment that this is the first time I have heard of this Miria-Tabitha rumor. It's a non-issue because I cannot connect the dots and verify such rumors. Helen and Deneve maybe but they have been buddies since day 1.

And yeah, Darkwing and SoaringWing sure is confusing ;)
Oct 26, 2009 5:26 PM
Mar 2009
would only changed 1 thing....flora should have lived!!!! >.<
Oct 27, 2009 7:11 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:

The reason why I had to comment that this is the first time I have heard of this Miria-Tabitha rumor. It's a non-issue because I cannot connect the dots and verify such rumors. Helen and Deneve maybe but they have been buddies since day 1.

And yeah, Darkwing and SoaringWing sure is confusing ;)

Until now I find it hilarious that 2 could ever be involved. Sure, I get it: quiet Tabitha being the dominant one ;) heh. She needs some more speaking roles and her advantage over the rest is unique: THE EYE of the group.

Cynthia is the HEALER, Helen the joker, etc. Everyone's got a nice role to fill.
Oct 28, 2009 9:21 PM
Jul 2009
jackdaniels said:

Until now I find it hilarious that 2 could ever be involved. Sure, I get it: quiet Tabitha being the dominant one ;) heh. She needs some more speaking roles and her advantage over the rest is unique: THE EYE of the group.

Cynthia is the HEALER, Helen the joker, etc. Everyone's got a nice role to fill.

More speaking roles for Tabitha agreed. The new girl whose name escapes me (the girl who got her kegs cut off by Riful) is the new "eye" of the series but I am hoping Tabs has more far-reaching power than her.

Maybe it's me but their travels to far reaching lands is at a standstill with this current adventure. I'm at a point now that evcen tho' the pace is getting faster, I just can wait til' someone gets into a shocking situation.

And NO! There's nothing going on between Tabs and Miria. Girl perspective yo ;0
Oct 29, 2009 11:37 AM
Aug 2007
I kinda liked the idea of Miria having a relationship with another human so she wont be crticizing Clare too much when Clare is out looking for Raki.

No, I'm on Miria on this one against Raki but one can sense the effect of the trauma that Pieta has been to Miria that the only "human" version was when she broke down after the 7 were remaining on the battlefield. That's as close as one a fan of the series can read on Miria that she has to be stoic and stone-cold on her efforts to finally achieve vengeance.
Oct 31, 2009 12:39 PM
Jul 2009
hollywood said:
I kinda liked the idea of Miria having a relationship with another human so she wont be crticizing Clare too much when Clare is out looking for Raki.

No, I'm on Miria on this one against Raki but one can sense the effect of the trauma that Pieta has been to Miria that the only "human" version was when she broke down after the 7 were remaining on the battlefield. That's as close as one a fan of the series can read on Miria that she has to be stoic and stone-cold on her efforts to finally achieve vengeance.

I liked the idea that Miria being the central character of the series but of course, we all know that Clare is the star of this circus. Miria's voyage and story seems to get more interesting as the story rolls along.
Nov 1, 2009 2:15 PM
Jul 2009
riotgirl said:

I liked the idea that Miria being the central character of the series but of course, we all know that Clare is the star of this circus. Miria's voyage and story seems to get more interesting as the story rolls along.

That is a good point. Miria's story mirrors a bit of Clare's wildside without being on the "wildside" (wink). Nice sturdy character (and hot) in Miria. The reason why she still hasn't given up on Clare is maybe she sees herself in Clare. Clare is just a noob and less disciplined.
Nov 1, 2009 9:49 PM
Aug 2007
Why do I have a sudden feeling that out of these 7, there's a hidden sibling between them? Like a long-lost sister that one of them doesn't know about it.
Nov 2, 2009 7:04 AM
Nov 2008
I really hope that does not happen actually. Having Clare searching for Raki for so long makes it a bad soap apera as it is, but having two of the seven, sisters and they don't even know it would be too much for the story. At least for me I would be annoyed with reading that.
Nov 2, 2009 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
@holly: just a gut feeling or do you have any hints the manga gives here or there? Interesting revelation it would be, so I'm just trying to see if there is even a bit of a hint that this is the case. Also any particular character you have in mind?
You know what would be messed up? If Clare and Priscilla were sisters. Strangely enough, both lost their family more or less at the same time. Clare was dragged around by the Youma, while Priscilla was taken in by the organization. This is probably not even possible since Priscilla's father was the youma and she killed him. heh, it would be interesting if it were true though.
Nov 2, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
There is no way they can be sisters, considering that Priscilla is at least 20+ years older, lost her entire family to Youma, and Claire only ever had a brother, no other siblings.
Nov 2, 2009 7:14 PM
Jul 2009
YoungVagabond said:
There is no way they can be sisters, considering that Priscilla is at least 20+ years older, lost her entire family to Youma, and Claire only ever had a brother, no other siblings.

We do NOT have any story from Clare since she was seen by Teresa being held hostage by a yoma at the town square.

Before that, we dont' know if she was take from her family due to the speaking handicap she suffered from the hands of the yoma: trauma does that to you.

So Hollywood does make you go hmmm But I wont take it seriously. Helen and Cynthia do resemble Clare in a way sometimes.
Nov 2, 2009 8:27 PM

Sep 2007
YoungVagabond said:

read what I wrote again. I said it is impossible because Priscilla killed the youma that was impersonating her father, while Clare was dragged around by one (and it is implied that he family was killed by youma). All I said was that the two had similar experiences with youma around the same time (I'm not sure how long it takes for one to become an official Claymore, but Priscilla was exceptional, so I she could have been promoted earlier then normal). My point was only that if Yagi ever pulled that revelation out (even if it is impossible at the moment, he could explain the impossibility away. As in Clare was taken by another youma after Priscilla killed their father and then Priscilla was taken by the organization. Each spent a couple of years away, and did not recognize the other due to the trauma associated with the event and what happened afterwords. Yeah I know this is highly implausible, but if the author wanted he could use a similar explanation) --But that is beyond the point. I just wanted to say that is Yagi ever did that, he would take the drama to a whole another level. :P
Nov 3, 2009 12:09 AM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
YoungVagabond said:

We do NOT have any story from Clare since she was seen by Teresa being held hostage by a yoma at the town square.

Before that, we dont' know if she was take from her family due to the speaking handicap she suffered from the hands of the yoma: trauma does that to you.

So Hollywood does make you go hmmm But I wont take it seriously. Helen and Cynthia do resemble Clare in a way sometimes.

That's why we only know about Clare from that time forward: in the town square when Teresa saw her not flinch when she swung her sword at the yoma who traumatized her.

Beyond that, no one knows Clare's origins. At least we met or got a few pages from Teresa's father but Clare is still a mystery to a lot of readers.
Nov 3, 2009 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
jackdaniels said:

We know from the very first volume that Clare had only a brother and her parents. No sister. At that point in time, Priscilla was already a full-fledged Claymore, or close to it.

So there's no way they can be sisters.

soaringwings said:

read what I wrote again. I said it is impossible because Priscilla killed the youma that was impersonating her father, while Clare was dragged around by one (and it is implied that he family was killed by youma).

How about you re-read the first volume instead? There's no "implied" anything; we KNOW that the yoma who killed Clare's family is her older brother. It was explicitly shown and mentioned on several occasions.

You obviously missed or forgot that.

We also know that she never had a sister. Just because this is a speculation topic, doesn't mean it needs to degenerate into baseless assumptions/fanfiction territory.

hollywood said:

Beyond that, no one knows Clare's origins.

That's why we only know about Clare from that time forward: in the town square when Teresa saw her not flinch when she swung her sword at the yoma who traumatized her.

Chapters 3 of volume 1, dude, and parts of volumes 2 and 3, if memory serves me correctly.
Nov 3, 2009 2:40 PM

Sep 2007
YoungVagabond said:

soaringwings said:

read what I wrote again. I said it is impossible because Priscilla killed the youma that was impersonating her father, while Clare was dragged around by one (and it is implied that he family was killed by youma).

How about you re-read the first volume instead? There's no "implied" anything; we KNOW that the yoma who killed Clare's family is her older brother. It was explicitly shown and mentioned on several occasions.

You obviously missed or forgot that.

We also know that she never had a sister. Just because this is a speculation topic, doesn't mean it needs to degenerate into baseless assumptions/fanfiction territory.

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/13/09/
Here hard cold proof. It says that the youma who dragged her along was not related to her. Therefore he was not her brother or father. He simply picked her up. It is implied that she must have been an orphan for him to do that. So either that youma slaughtered her family and took her as a means to shield himself, or her family was slaughtered by another youma and she was picked up by this one.

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/3/23/
If you are referring to the brother of Clare's mentioned here, then you are wrong. The youma was simply interpreting Clare's attachment to Raki as her seeing him as her little brother. The interpretation is wrong. Clare saw herself in Raki, not a brother and the Teresa arc shows that. If you are referring to something else, please make reference to the actual event, or better yet, provide a link.

Bottom line: we know next to nothing about Clare's history pre-Teresa. So if Yagi wanted he could make them sisters, but again I stress that he would have to provide an elaborate back story to do so because the two don't seem to have any familial linkage implied, hinted or outright stated. I doubt Yagi would do this because the type of drama doesn't seem like the type of drama suited to Claymore. The Priscilla-Raki relationship is more then enough in itself for drama and conflict. ;)
Nov 3, 2009 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
soaring_wings said:

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/13/09/
Here hard cold proof. It says that the youma who dragged her along was not related to her. Therefore he was not her brother or father. He simply picked her up. It is implied that she must have been an orphan for him to do that. So either that youma slaughtered her family and took her as a means to shield himself, or her family was slaughtered by another youma and she was picked up by this one.

That occurred AFTER Clare's family was slaughtered by Yoma. The Yoma in the Teresa chapter is a completely different one than the one that killed Clare's family. I also love how after I wrote read volume 1 chapter 3, you brought up something in volume 3. Will the bold text be enough for even you to get it??

The yoma that killed her family was her BROTHER. Honestly, how difficult it is to read volume 1 chapter 3? Do you prefer long, rambling Internet arguments instead?

It's fine to not remember something, but continually arguing about it when it would take two seconds to check the pages in question makes you look slow.

Edit-

There are also additional scenes with her brother killing Clare's family in volume 2. It's all there. No need for wild speculation. Just go back and read it.
YoungVagabondNov 3, 2009 3:57 PM
Nov 3, 2009 7:31 PM
Jul 2009
YoungVagabond said:

We know from the very first volume that Clare had only a brother and her parents. No sister. At that point in time, Priscilla was already a full-fledged Claymore, or close to it.

Either you've got a better memory than I am or youre a Claymore-holic to remember that. Will comment further after reviewing the manga all over again..
Nov 3, 2009 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
jackdaniels said:
YoungVagabond said:

Either you've got a better memory than I am or youre a Claymore-holic to remember that. Will comment further after reviewing the manga all over again..

Heh. I read from chapter 1 to 95 only about a month ago, so it's probably fresher in my head.

No worries about forgetting stuff; I miss things in my favorite series all the time, too. I just wish people like soaring_wings would at least look at the chapters in question before telling me I need to re-read their post or whatever.
Nov 4, 2009 6:10 PM
Jul 2009
YoungVagabond said:
jackdaniels said:
YoungVagabond said:

hmm...I will have to look into that as well. I do seemt on recall as well that Clare has some other brother somewhere which is luckily, NOT Raki. It's nice to re-read the entire manga all over again bec. I just realized recently that Teresa had black hair and I sort of missed that.

Heh. I read from chapter 1 to 95 only about a month ago, so it's probably fresher in my head.

No worries about forgetting stuff; I miss things in my favorite series all the time, too. I just wish people like soaring_wings would at least look at the chapters in question before telling me I need to re-read their post or whatever.
Nov 5, 2009 12:38 PM

Sep 2007
soaring_wings said:

If you are referring to the brother of Clare's mentioned here, then you are wrong. The youma was simply interpreting Clare's attachment to Raki as her seeing him as her little brother. The interpretation is wrong. Clare saw herself in Raki, not a brother and the Teresa arc shows that. If you are referring to something else, please make reference to the actual event, or better yet, provide a link.

Volume 1, chapter 3. Thank you for reading my whole reply. ;) I love how you completely disregard this part of my response. again thank you.

edit: I actually found the flashback you refer to, and yes, she had a brother, but it was an older brother, much older, he looked like an adult in the flashback while Clare was tiny (so it is not her brother she sees in Raki, but herself). It was 2-3 pages so I forgot about it. Alright so I guess there is no way for Yagi to pull that off, but regardless I never even stated that I supported the view, only that if they were sisters, it would take the drama to another level. And anyways, I never said you were wrong, just that I did not remember the part at all, so I wanted you to either provide the link, or else it wasn't in the manga (since it was literally 3 pages, I forgot about it). I humbly bow down before your awesome memory of the Claymore manga.
soaring_wingsNov 5, 2009 12:57 PM
Nov 5, 2009 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
soaring_wings said:
soaring_wings said:

Volume 1, chapter 3. Thank you for reading my whole reply. ;) I love how you completely disregard this part of my response. again thank you.

edit: I actually found the flashback you refer to, and yes, she had a brother, but it was an older brother, much older, he looked like an adult in the flashback while Clare was tiny (so it is not her brother she sees in Raki, but herself). It was 2-3 pages so I forgot about it. Alright so I guess there is no way for Yagi to pull that off, but regardless I never even stated that I supported the view, only that if they were sisters, it would take the drama to another level. And anyways, I never said you were wrong, just that I did not remember the part at all, so I wanted you to either provide the link, or else it wasn't in the manga (since it was literally 3 pages, I forgot about it). I humbly bow down before your awesome memory of the Claymore manga.

You're backtracking so hard, I'm amazed you haven't tripped. That would be funny in and of itself, but the passive-aggressive insults, non-sequiters, and childish sarcasm make this downright hilarious.
Nov 6, 2009 10:18 AM

Sep 2007
I haven't tripped because I never contradicted myself. I was simply interpreting what you said without that crucial bit of information. Yet you still found the need to condescendingly lecture me that I did not look at volume 1 chapter 3 when I did. You could have simply pointed out that this was not the part you were referring to, but no you felt the need to be a total ass about it. I really wonder who is in fact the childish one. Go head and laugh, you clearly get amused by lecturing others about mistakes they committed by no fault of their own with your very helpful clarifications. I will admit I sank as low as you by that last remark, I guess we are both childish in our respective ways. good day to you sir.
Nov 7, 2009 2:13 PM
Jul 2009
I actually forgot about Clare having a brother. Usually, the first pic that pops to my mind is Teresa when she was younger. Nice recollection although as YVG has confessed, it was read a month ago so the info is fresher in the poster's mind.

Nice trivia tidbits that we all take for granted..
Nov 7, 2009 9:29 PM
Aug 2007
jackdaniels said:
I actually forgot about Clare having a brother. Usually, the first pic that pops to my mind is Teresa when she was younger. Nice recollection although as YVG has confessed, it was read a month ago so the info is fresher in the poster's mind.

Nice trivia tidbits that we all take for granted..

That was a piece of info worth visiting. That Clare did indeed have a bro'. I actually forgot about it until this week til YGV brought it up.
Nov 8, 2009 7:26 AM
Nov 2008
I forgot about it too, guess it's time to read the old chapters again. lol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.