Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 15, 2014 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
Final Fantasy 13, and 13-2. Thought it will be the smart move to buy these games at the same time....also Elder scrolls oblivion for the PS3.
Apr 15, 2014 11:57 AM

Nov 2013
My MAL account and this computer
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Apr 15, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
Hoppy said:
I've played quite a few in my childhood, mostly Armored Core, Gundam, and Front Mission but also Mechwarrior and Gungriffon Blaze as well.
Pretty much the same story from me. Spent a lot of time on some of the more recent AC titles (4 and on) and DWG (100% on both DWG and DWG3), but my roots are in titles like Gungriffon (Saturn) and 0079 Side Story (DC).

Before that I was primarily into military flight sims and RTS (Janes '97 and Red Alert). Even earlier, point-and-click or other DOS titles (vividly remember an infatuation with DOS ports of Graity Wars and Asteroids).
DeseradaApr 15, 2014 12:14 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Apr 15, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
Call of duty
I don't know what I was thinking.

I can see you

Apr 15, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Deserada said:
Hoppy said:
I've played quite a few in my childhood, mostly Armored Core, Gundam, and Front Mission but also Mechwarrior and Gungriffon Blaze as well.
Pretty much the same story from me. Spent a lot of time on some of the more recent AC titles (4 and on) and DWG (100% on both DWG and DWG3), but my roots are in titles like Gungriffon (Saturn) and 0079 Side Story (DC).

Before that I was primarily into military flight sims and RTS (Janes '97 and Red Alert). Even earlier, point-and-click or other DOS titles (vividly remember an infatuation with DOS ports of Graity Wars and Asteroids).

The remake of Rise from the Ashes looks great and I can't wait to play it again along with the other side stories. You should play some of the classic Armored Core games if you can.

Apr 15, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2008
MasterGlyth said:
Call of duty
Oh, that's an excellent point. I refuse to shelve them, might as well be annual sports titles.

Not long after purchasing 4, I wrote the series off as a lost cause and erased them from my memory. Was gifted 5 the next year (heh).
Apr 15, 2014 12:24 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
GoW Judgment. Decided it didn't want to work on my xbox, same with every other copy I tried. There's $80 (NZ) Ill never get back.
Apr 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2008
Hoppy said:
Deserada said:
Hoppy said:

The remake of Rise from the Ashes looks great and I can't wait to play it again along with the other side stories. You should play some of the classic Armored Core games if you can.
In the next few weeks I'll chip a PS1 and give it a go. Just remembered I also own and have a few hours on AC2 (mostly in a dogged attempt to grasp the controls). Are the other PS2 titles worthwhile? (AC2 wasn't bad, it was just a lot like learning to play Gunvalkyrie)
Apr 15, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Deserada said:
MasterGlyth said:
Call of duty
Oh, that's an excellent point. I refuse to shelve them, might as well be annual sports titles.

Not long after purchasing 4, I wrote the series off as a lost cause and erased them from my memory. Was gifted 5 the next year (heh).

I got bored of it after my second one.

I can see you

Apr 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2007
Paul said:
Toki to Towa for full price.

I got this from GameFly and still regretted it even though I didn't pay shit for it. It's seriously the worst game I have ever played or heard of in my entire life, and I've been playing games since I was like 5.
Apr 15, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
white knight chronicles 2 packaged with the first game, featuring a combined 2/3rd of what a single game should be, with plot points stolen from the worst parts of FF8, hobos off the street as voice actors, graphics from the ps2, large sprawling areas with literally nothing in them, the battle system from FF12 minus any of the progression, and the same 6 enemies reskined for the entirety of both games

its hands down the worst rpg ive ever had the misfortune of playing and possibly one of the worst games in general, its fucking terrible

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 15, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2007
JizzyHitler said:
featuring a combined 2/3rd of what a single game should be, with plot points stolen from the worst parts of FF8, voice actors found as hobos off the street, graphics from the ps2, large sprawling areas with literally nothing in them, the battle system from FF12 minus any of the progression, and the same 6 enemies reskined for the entirety of both games

I'd have thought you were talking about Xenoblade if you hadn't said outright the title you were talking about.
Aug 2012
Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning

I just couldn't create a decent looking MC and the combat wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. I got in an hour and just stopped. If it had decent mod support I probably would have finished it.

Mar 2013
Lots, but I'll highlight some.

The Sims 3 for Wii - I don't know what I was thinking. It was slow, buggy and not great. It made my console make a lot of noises and I wasted hours on it.

Pokémon Rumble Blast for 3DS - It was addictive, but crappy. It wasn't the most amazing spin-off ever and I think it was expensive because of the Pokémon name.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell fragments of the Moon for Wii - The combat system was pretty lousy and I couldn't continue to play because it creeped me out.
Apr 15, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
JizzyHitler said:
featuring a combined 2/3rd of what a single game should be, with plot points stolen from the worst parts of FF8, voice actors found as hobos off the street, graphics from the ps2, large sprawling areas with literally nothing in them, the battle system from FF12 minus any of the progression, and the same 6 enemies reskined for the entirety of both games

I'd have thought you were talking about Xenoblade if you hadn't said outright the title you were talking about.
wait where did xenoblade steal from FF8? cause white knight literally took the orphanage twist pretty much verbatim. Also laguna and eldore are fucking identical minus laguna being surprisingly likable and eldore being a hobo with laryngitis

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 15, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2011
Diablo 3.

Apr 15, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2007
JizzyHitler said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
JizzyHitler said:

wait where did xenoblade steal from FF8? cause white knight literally took the orphanage twist pretty much verbatim. Also laguna and eldore are fucking identical minus laguna being surprisingly likable and eldore being a hobo with laryngitis

True, I forgot to edit that one part out and was thinking of doing so but completely forgot, I wouldn't say it stole anything from FF8 either, the rest applies though.
Apr 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2014
My computer, bought a prebuilt thinking an APU is a CPU with a discrete graphics card
Apr 15, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
mclovinballz said:
prebuilt
There's your problem.
Apr 15, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
JizzyHitler said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
JizzyHitler said:

True, I forgot to edit that one part out and was thinking of doing so but completely forgot, I wouldn't say it stole anything from FF8 either, the rest applies though.
yeah the rest i wont argue with yah about, cause as much i love the game it does kind of do that, though xenoblades openess gets a pass from me cause it had some creative landscapes and designs as well as having mult layered levels of different altitudes, WKC is literally the most bland areas in the wold such as desert 1, desert 2 with oasis in middle, forest, rocky path, another fucking desert, a desert ca- you know now that i think about it that game was like 80% desert

seriously if you ever want to punish yourself pick it up, theres 1 section of hilarious content if you make it to the end where its plot twist after plot twist and its all so terrible, it has easily the funniest betrayal in any story ever, and that doesnt even cover the hilarious reveal about what the knights are made of or any of the cutscenes in the final moments

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 15, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
Deserada said:
mclovinballz said:
prebuilt
There's your problem.

Was very technologically illiterate at the time, now I gotta get a job to build a computer around my 7970 I got for Christmas.
Apr 15, 2014 1:14 PM
Apr 2014
Ninja Gaiden 3 at full price...
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition
DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken and the game at full price as well.
Final Fantasy XIII at full price
Blue Dragon at full price
Sonic 06'...
Sonic Unleashed on the Wii
Mario Party 8 at full price
and so much more...
But these make me feel bad on spending so much money on medicore games.
Apr 15, 2014 1:25 PM
Aug 2013
Ni no Kuni, even at 20$s. Nice to look at, but that's about it.
Apr 15, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
Getting Gears Of War 2 for the 360 at full price just to play it for 20 minutes and never touch it again ..
Buying allot of Android apps/games that i open once and never bother to play again or forget i have them ._.
Other than that i use really cheap cd keys websites for steam games so i can't even complain about regretting i bought something.
Apr 15, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
mclovinballz said:
Deserada said:
mclovinballz said:
prebuilt
There's your problem.

Was very technologically illiterate at the time, now I gotta get a job to build a computer around my 7970 I got for Christmas.

That kind of really sucks. Does your current system with the APU not have a pcie slot though?
Very well.
Apr 15, 2014 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
3rdStrikeFreak said:
Ninja Gaiden 3 at full price...
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition
DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken and the game at full price as well.
Final Fantasy XIII at full price
Blue Dragon at full price
Sonic 06'...
Sonic Unleashed on the Wii
Mario Party 8 at full price
and so much more...
But these make me feel bad on spending so much money on medicore games.
Do you buy some extreme volume of games, or just the right ones to get screwed over?

That's a seriously pitiable lineup there. My condolences.
Apr 15, 2014 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
snaphat said:
mclovinballz said:
Deserada said:
mclovinballz said:
prebuilt
There's your problem.

That kind of really sucks. Does your current system with the APU not have a pcie slot though?

I got a new 600W PSU with it but I get the feeling the PCI slot on my mobo is faulty because when I started the computer up after I installed the card, the fans started up and everything but nothing would display.
Apr 15, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
mclovinballz said:
snaphat said:
mclovinballz said:
Deserada said:
mclovinballz said:
prebuilt
There's your problem.

I got a new 600W PSU with it but I get the feeling the PCI slot on my mobo is faulty because when I started the computer up after I installed the card, the fans started up and everything but nothing would display.
Always assume the simplest problem and work up.

Modern PC card edge slots don't fail in any measurable amount. Reseat the card in question several times if you have to and figure out just the right amount of pressure and speed to do it at for a solid connection. Make sure your card is recieving external power from the PSU, if applicable, and make sure you are using the correct connectors (6pin or 8pin, in that case).
Apr 15, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
Trust me, I was at it a good hour or 2 of re seating it. After retinking though, even if I did get it to work with my prebuilt, I don't think I would keep using it because the airflow is bad for my case and gets dusty. I don't want to risk the wearing down or getting dust in the GPU fans after I get the rest of the parts which I will have to get eventually, seeing as how I'm studying 3d modelling and animation.
Apr 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
mclovinballz said:
Trust me, I was at it a good hour or 2 of re seating it. After retinking though, even if I did get it to work with my prebuilt, I don't think I would keep using it because the airflow is bad for my case and gets dusty. I don't want to risk the wearing down or getting dust in the GPU fans after I get the rest of the parts which I will have to get eventually, seeing as how I'm studying 3d modelling and animation.

Hmm, well I would test the card with another system if possible before the warranty goes. It could be DOA.
Very well.
Apr 15, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
snaphat said:
mclovinballz said:

Hmm, well I would test the card with another system if possible before the warranty goes. It could be DOA.

I probably will this weekend, my friend come back home from the Army and want me to help build his system. If that is the case, I hope I don't get screwed with the RMA cause I've heard mixed opinions on XFX.
Apr 15, 2014 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
mclovinballz said:
snaphat said:
mclovinballz said:

I probably will this weekend, my friend come back home from the Army and want me to help build his system. If that is the case, I hope I don't get screwed with the RMA cause I've heard mixed opinions on XFX.

I think there are mixed reviews on most of the gpu resellers. If you need a second opinion at any point, I can give it a shot.
Very well.
Apr 15, 2014 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
I bought a Pokémon Ruby cart, turns out it was a bootleg version of some rubbish platformer.
Apr 15, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
I'd say Diablo 3, although I was able to make 500$ real money by selling my inventory before quitting.
Apr 15, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
this shitty cm storm recon mouse
the driver sucks, and i shouldn't have bought an ambidextrous mouse
[right]
Apr 15, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
Every crappy game that has ever existed for Xbox is what I regret buying.

Examples:
Duke Nukem Forever
Sonic the Hedgehog
Transformers: The Game
Brink
Superman Returns
Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (Soooooooooooo bad, worse than eating nails)
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Rogue Warrior
Self-Defense Training Camp (Worst kinect game ever)
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (Probably worst in history)

Apr 15, 2014 4:36 PM

Feb 2014
FAllout 3
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
Apr 15, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
Probably a lot.

The only real gripe I have is that so many developers now make the single players campaigns ridiculously short. Its not even funny paying 40-50 pounds for something you can casually finish or almost finish in about half a day.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Apr 15, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2009
In complete agreement with you dude, it is skyrim on the ps3 for me. Battle for 10 minutes, run around for four fucking hours.. needless to say I returned it within a week but since it was opened I only got like 25$ back for it.
Apr 15, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
Beats Headphone
Sim City
Dragon Age 2

...srsly. I literally threw my hard-earned money.
Apr 15, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
I have like 50+ games on steam that I've bought during sales and haven't played a single one of them yet. I regret that I guess.
Apr 15, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2014
Syndrical said:
I have like 50+ games on steam that I've bought during sales and haven't played a single one of them yet. I regret that I guess.

http://gaben.amigocraft.net/
Apr 16, 2014 12:41 AM
Nov 2008
i like how 'for full price' is some kind of regret. like, you'd enjoy it if you paid less or something? lol.
Apr 16, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2012
Heredity said:
i like how 'for full price' is some kind of regret. like, you'd enjoy it if you paid less or something? lol.

Well, I'd rather have bought it for 20 euros than 70 euros if it's gonna be shit. Get what I'm saying?
Apr 16, 2014 1:01 AM
Nov 2008
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

Well, I'd rather have bought it for 20 euros than 70 euros if it's gonna be shit. Get what I'm saying?
that's not gonna change the game though.
Apr 16, 2014 1:03 AM

Oct 2012
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

Of course not, but if I paid less for it then I wouldn't regret that much.
Apr 16, 2014 1:06 AM
Nov 2008
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

sounds dumb. the game's still gonna be shit, and you'd still be a certain amount out of pocket. :/
Apr 16, 2014 1:14 AM

Oct 2012
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

sounds dumb. the game's still gonna be shit, and you'd still be a certain amount out of pocket. :/

Still would've wasted less money though. That's the point.
Apr 16, 2014 1:29 AM

Nov 2013
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

Its alll about buyers remorse. I always wait until <=$10 sales for that reason. Even bad games, I'm okay with at that price
Very well.
Apr 16, 2014 1:38 AM
Nov 2008
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

it's called a refund.

*googles*

and steam doesn't do them. lol.
no-thanksApr 16, 2014 2:12 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

39 by Tropisch »»
20 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.