Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 15, 2014 4:30 AM
Jan 2014
people like to complain.. I guess its normal?
Apr 15, 2014 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
romagia said:
Nidhoeggr said:
romagia said:
not everyone automatically assumes that moe/magical school/ecchi anime suck

True, but everybody knows to a certain extent what tropes, plot devices, etc. await him and can judge the show based on this.
Or do you expect a LN adaption with imouto in its name to not feature incest by now? You can pretty easily guess some of the main character tropes involved as well so it is not really hard to gauge your opinion in regards to that show.
If you would fail to recognize such a pattern after the 25th time I would be worried.
still, there are good incest shows and bad incest shows. assuming all incest stories are shit means you don't like incest, not that incest sucks

I never rated the show, I just said that you can easily criticize the flaw of a concept without seeing it when it is this obvious.

I am curious, though: Which incest LN was so good to you?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 15, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2012
Hulmy said:
I think SnK is a really bad series and I haven't seen it.

I bet you hate me now, OP?
You didn't write long elaborate post about why it suck so I'm still ok with you.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 15, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2012
I dont think its ok if they havent seen it at all.But if they have seen 5-10 min I think its enough to make a judgement and complain at least about said 5-10 min.

Altough to be honest I did complain about Free! without having it seen. Well not really complaining but I said that Free is just another generic fanservice anime, with the only twist that its males instead of females, without having seen it at all (except for one reactions video to the first few episodes). I just couldnt stand the crazy fujoshis saying this is the masterpiece of all times and its just 2deep4u males that dont like it.
Apr 15, 2014 4:53 AM

Feb 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
romagia said:
Nidhoeggr said:
romagia said:
not everyone automatically assumes that moe/magical school/ecchi anime suck

True, but everybody knows to a certain extent what tropes, plot devices, etc. await him and can judge the show based on this.
Or do you expect a LN adaption with imouto in its name to not feature incest by now? You can pretty easily guess some of the main character tropes involved as well so it is not really hard to gauge your opinion in regards to that show.
If you would fail to recognize such a pattern after the 25th time I would be worried.
still, there are good incest shows and bad incest shows. assuming all incest stories are shit means you don't like incest, not that incest sucks

I never rated the show, I just said that you can easily criticize the flaw of a concept without seeing it when it is this obvious.

I am curious, though: Which incest LN was so good to you?
i haven't seen any LN adaptations with incest as the main theme, but i found Nisemonogatari to be pretty good
also Utena and Yosuga no Sora, but they're not LN's
Apr 15, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2012
romagia said:
Astro Boy is the oldest TV anime with full length episodes
That was really a bad example anyhow, it's usually more inclined to titles like Lupin III, Fist of the North Star, or Dragon Ball.
romagia said:
One Piece is the most popular anime in japan that also has a huge following in the west
No, I'm pretty sure it isn't.
Maybe you're referring to the Manga?
romagia said:
I'm not sure about this, but i think Detective Conan's 51 officially translated volumes make it the longest officially english translated manga
The people I'm talking to aswell as the majority of western fans don't buy Manga/ don't care whether it's licensed or not.
Apr 15, 2014 5:03 AM

Apr 2009
One Piece is the title with the most sold volumes but popularity is a bit different than that. I am sure it is one of the most popular though.

As for the longest manga, Kochikame or Golgo would probably like to have a word with you ;)

romagia said:
i haven't seen any LN adaptations with incest as the main theme, but i found Nisemonogatari to be pretty good
also Utena and Yosuga no Sora, but they're not LN's

Utena is an interesting example because the staff is very noteworthy and the entire artwork, concept makes it obvious that it tries to be more quality. Nise is a LN, but iirc even nisio said that this was more of a personal fanservice novel for him than an important addition to his franchise. That's enough off-topic, though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 15, 2014 5:16 AM

Dec 2011
Complaining about something you don't know and haven't seen is just silly to be honest.

Complaining is different from 'deciding you don't want to watch it', of course.

Incidentally there are only two LN series with 'Imouto' in their name to have ever got a TV anime - NakaImo and OreImo.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 15, 2014 5:17 AM

Feb 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
romagia said:
Astro Boy is the oldest TV anime with full length episodes
That was really a bad example anyhow, it's usually more inclined to titles like Lupin III, Fist of the North Star, or Dragon Ball.
Anyone claiming any of these titles to be the oldest anime ever are obviously ignorant when it comes to anime.

YorozuyaGinSan said:
romagia said:
One Piece is the most popular anime in japan that also has a huge following in the west
No, I'm pretty sure it isn't.
Maybe you're referring to the Manga?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-02/japanese-anime-tv-ranking/february-17-23
I used this as a benchmark, and the fact that One Piece has more users than Detective Conan here on MAL.
So, One Piece has the highest lowest popularity between MAL and Japanese TV Ratings. Might not the best way to quantify popularity, but i think it's pretty accurate.

YorozuyaGinSan said:
romagia said:
I'm not sure about this, but i think Detective Conan's 51 officially translated volumes make it the longest officially english translated manga
The people I'm talking to aswell as the majority of western fans don't buy Manga/ don't care whether it's licensed or not.
Even so, it's the longest manga and manga adaptation that reached the western audience.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally there are only two LN series with 'Imouto' in their name to have ever got a TV anime - NakaImo and OreImo.

I would have never guessed ImoCho and Osaka Okan are not LN adaptations ._.
romagiaApr 15, 2014 5:21 AM
Apr 15, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
silverwalls said:
i think people who complain all the time are annoying in general, but it's even worse if they don't even know what they're talking about.

TheNaturalPerm said:

nobody needs to see these shows to know how good they are. It's just the usual moe/magical school ecchi bs all over again.
anime doesen't really hide to what kind of people it wants to appeal to. That's just how the anime medium works...even more so than other storytelling ones

how are you supposed to know? they might just be different.
also "moe" isn't a genre

that's why I said "usually". 99% of the cases.
Apr 15, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know why they do that, maybe they are idiots?

You just destroyed your own argument, One piece isn't even close to 1#.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 15, 2014 6:55 AM

Oct 2010
Judging a book by its cover is fine, and to a point unavoidable, but you can only bring this to a certain level. Specially on a forum where discussions can very often go to specifics.
Apr 15, 2014 6:57 AM

Dec 2013
I won't take you seriously if you're complaining about something you haven't seen.
Apr 15, 2014 6:58 AM

Feb 2013
rederoin said:
I don't know why they do that, maybe they are idiots?

You just destroyed your own argument, One piece isn't even close to 1#.
you just destroyed your own reading comprehension skills

romagia said:
One Piece has the highest lowest popularity between MAL and Japanese TV Ratings
Apr 15, 2014 7:03 AM
Oct 2010
Personally I don't, I just ignore said titles because you know that most of the time your assumptions are going to be correct.
Apr 15, 2014 7:03 AM

Feb 2013
I don't judge before watching at least a few episodes. Well, I made the big mistake of dropping Shinsekai yori on the first episode. I picked it up again a couple of months ago and realised it was an outstanding anime. You need good judging skills but you also need patience as some series may seem boring but become good when the gears start moving.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 15, 2014 8:03 AM

Mar 2014
The description and what its about is enough for me to complain. Plus its popularity. PLUS ITS COVER. Nobody come and yell at me "DON'T JUDGE A BAWK BY ITS COVER BRO." Now let the wars begin!

Example:

I mean why should I watch something overhyped if by guessing from the description, it appears to be the same generic kind of DBZ battle anime that was better eons ago even if it looked terrible by itself?
Apr 15, 2014 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
It does piss me off at times when someone deems an anime "shit" without even watching it (or a very small percentage of it, as in 1-2 episodes for instance). I did this with Steins;Gate when I dropped it after 3 episodes. Some of my friends told me that it gets better later on, so I decided to pick it back up again after they managed to convince me and I was hooked after what seemed to be a slow start, leading it to become one of my all-time favorites. The point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't judge a whole series on a very small amount of episodes unless those judgments are only based on the amount that you've seen.
SolosApr 15, 2014 8:59 AM

Apr 15, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
Kill la Kill is shit!!

Do you hate me now?
Apr 15, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2014
MotRin said:
Kill la Kill is shit!!

Do you hate me now?

Nice parody of my post you got there. Now I don't know whether its making fun of me or if its a brave attempt to speak the truth. Probably the former, I'll presume.

And there's an entire genre of anime that we complain about without having to watch anything in it. If it isn't over hyped battle no brainers like anything Trigger throws out, then it would be sports anime. And there's no reason at all to open the books of anime sports repeatedly, only one opening is enough if you think that looking at the cover is not enough. Can't speak about Yuri though even if I disliked it.
Apr 15, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2012
Lord_Pooka said:

I mean why should I watch something overhyped if by guessing from the description, it appears to be the same generic kind of DBZ battle anime that was better eons ago even if it looked terrible by itself?

Kill La Kill and DBZ are similar in that both have fights, they have nothing else in common.
Apr 15, 2014 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
It's idiotic, narrow minded, and foolish in general. There's no basis to complain without experience. I don't even see how people think that's up to debate, it just makes people look whiny and uncultured.

But there is a difference between not giving something a chance vs complaining about it. From my experiences I've decided that if it's a reverse harem about a bunch of sadistic guys and a submissive girl, I'm steering clear. But I have no right or basis to complain about any reverse harems I haven't seen.
Apr 15, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
MotRin said:
Kill la Kill is shit!!

Do you hate me now?

Senpai can never hate you baka.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Nov 2008
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:
Kill la Kill is shit!!

Do you hate me now?

Nice parody of my post you got there. Now I don't know whether its making fun of me or if its a brave attempt to speak the truth. Probably the former, I'll presume.

And there's an entire genre of anime that we complain about without having to watch anything in it. If it isn't over hyped battle no brainers like anything Trigger throws out, then it would be sports anime. And there's no reason at all to open the books of anime sports repeatedly, only one opening is enough if you think that looking at the cover is not enough. Can't speak about Yuri though even if I disliked it.

I did drop Kill la Kill right after finishing first episode (if you bother to check my list). I don't hold prejudice against any genre though. Sport anime is the same as any battle shounen with the only difference being lack of fantasy.
skyzblue said:
MotRin said:
Kill la Kill is shit!!

Do you hate me now?

Senpai can never hate you baka.

Y...You're not being f...fair, s...senpai.
Apr 15, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2014
MotRin said:

I did drop Kill la Kill right after finishing first episode (if you bother to check my list). I don't hold prejudice against any genre though. Sport anime is the same as any battle shounen with the only difference being lack of fantasy.

Good then, I thought you made fun of me but actually you happened to be one of the few people who agree with me on that! I'm not alone, I'm relieved. Why not be friends?

I think most people who will use the excuse of "Don't judge a book by its cover" are already doing so with sports anime. I know sports anime usually involves a team playing sports, playing sports, until the antagonist appears and surprise, he's an evil sportsman who will rule the world tyrannically.. With sports! This is your usual sports impression. Now by figuring out that an anime is a sports anime, this impression of sports anime comes into thought just by looking at the fact that an anime is of the sports genre.

Now allow me to hate KLK as much as I want for being an overhyped DBZ battle clone with terrible fight scenes out of a 2 minutes scene I got recommended, just like how you hate sports anime without watching it.
Apr 15, 2014 10:15 AM

Jun 2011
MotRin said:
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:
Kill la Kill is shit!!

Do you hate me now?

They both like to use the "coming of age" theme though not all sports anime are like that. You're probably thinking of sports anime under the shounen demographic, such as Hajime no Ippo, Slam Dunk, etc. Though there are sports anime like One Outs which are more "cutthroat" in nature as it focuses on gambling in professional baseball.

Lord_Pooka said:

I think most people who will use the excuse of "Don't judge a book by its cover" are already doing so with sports anime. I know sports anime usually involves a team playing sports, playing sports, until the antagonist appears and surprise, he's an evil sportsman who will rule the world tyrannically.. With sports! This is your usual sports impression. Now by figuring out that an anime is a sports anime, this impression of sports anime comes into thought just by looking at the fact that an anime is of the sports genre.

I can only think of a very small number of sports anime with that sort of "evil sportsman" (I can think of Aomine from KnB, though he doesn't fall under that category entirely). Most fall under the rival category, whether they are friendly rivals or not, which is perfectly normal when you take into account that there is competition going on. And not all sports anime follow team sports, Hajime no Ippo is about boxing, for instance. Not all sports anime follow conventional sports, such as Chihayafuru with Karuta (an ancient Japanese game).
SolosApr 15, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 15, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:

Good then, I thought you made fun of me but actually you happened to be one of the few people who agree with me on that! I'm not alone, I'm relieved. Why not be friends?

Now allow me to hate KLK as much as I want for being an overhyped DBZ battle clone with terrible fight scenes out of a 2 minutes scene I got recommended, just like how you hate sports anime without watching it.
Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen anime so therefore even if you don't watch it you know it's the exact same as DBZ and the big 3. Right?
Apr 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:

Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen anime so therefore even if you don't watch it you know it's the same as DBZ and the big 3. Right?

It is listed as action and was published in a shounen magazine, so that conclusion does seem reasonable.

Apr 15, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
SolBlade said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:

Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen anime so therefore even if you don't watch it you know it's the same as DBZ and the big 3. Right?

It is listed as action and was published in a shounen magazine, so that conclusion does seem reasonable.

I'm pretty sure DrGero is being sarcastic.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 15, 2014 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:

Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen anime so therefore even if you don't watch it you know it's the exact same as DBZ and the big 3. Right?

There is gangrape in Mirai Nikki. That's all the difference it needs.
Apr 15, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
MotRin said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
MotRin said:

There is gangrape in Mirai Nikki. That's all the difference it needs.

There was tentacle rape in Fairy Tail.

@Andan210: I know.

Apr 15, 2014 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
SolBlade said:

That's why it's better than the big 3.
Apr 15, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

Who said Mirai Nikki was a battle shonen alike the big/overrated three (minus DBK)?

Also, why bring up Mirai Nikki again?!
Apr 15, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Who said Mirai Nikki was a battle shonen alike the big/overrated three (minus DBK)?

To make a point to show you that you can't just generalize like that.
Apr 15, 2014 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Silly people are silly. Until they know, they have nothing but empty words. Still, free entertainment is not something I'll turn down. They are of course free to do this all they like.
Apr 15, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
MotRin said:
SolBlade said:

Rape makes everything better.

Apr 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh, you're not joking.
Looking at the image and the description, you'll find no hints of DBZ-like battles. And the final result is that you've got only one DBZ-like battle, but it comes at the end. Battle anime with totally unrealistic battles stand out very damn well.
Apr 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
galimx said:
Mirai Nikki is a generic shounen. Actually, it's far less.

Fixed.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 15, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2008
SolBlade said:
MotRin said:
SolBlade said:

It's not actual rape in FT so it's still worse than Mirai Nikki.
Apr 15, 2014 11:02 AM

Jun 2011
MotRin said:
SolBlade said:
MotRin said:
SolBlade said:

It's not actual rape in FT so it's still worse than Mirai Nikki.

Krauser raped the Tokyo Tower in Detroit Metal City (along with a bunch of other things). Therefore DMC>Mirai Nikki>Fairy Tail.

Apr 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
I used to be nice, explaining that it wasn't right, it was stupid, and convincing the user to continue watching. Now that I realize doing something like that is a waste of my time, I just don't take their post seriously, ever. I mean, they must be pretty stubborn; if they won't even try to understand the series, probably they won't try to understand my post either.
Apr 15, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2007
I don't have a problem with it. Embrace your prejudices I say, they are usually correct.
Apr 15, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh, you're not joking.
Looking at the image and the description, you'll find no hints of DBZ-like battles. And the final result is that you've got only one DBZ-like battle, but it comes at the end. Battle anime with totally unrealistic battles stand out very damn well.
That's the point just because Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen anime doesn't mean it's the exact same as DBZ.
Apr 15, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh, you're not joking.
That's the point just because Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen anime doesn't mean it's the exact same as DBZ.

Who told you that Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen in the first place?
Apr 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2008
My circles are all in place. Soon, the arguments will never end. Muahahahahhaa.
Apr 15, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
It is factually a battle shonen anime because it was published in a shonen magazine and action is one of it's main genres.
Apr 15, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
Ckan said:

You planned this all along? Well played, sir.

Apr 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2010
Ckan said:
You will soon complete the large transmutation circle around the forum by using the arguments started in each board. Well played
Apr 15, 2014 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Lord_Pooka said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh, you're not joking.

Who told you that Mirai Nikki is a battle shonen in the first place?
It is factually a battle shonen anime because it was published in a shonen magazine and action is one of it's main genres.

Yeah, just because the publication is inside a shonen magazine and it being based on action, this means its damn safe to plaster the word "battle" on it out of nowhere, huh?

So even if it lacks battles but instead shootings and escape from death situations in which you can win it by strategic planning and brains instead of body strength and whatever magical force inside you, Mirai Nikki is indeed factually an animanga in which Yuno punches everyone mindlessly to death while her enemies use their superpowers such as flight, rather than both sides thinking about how to strike carefully or else they're dead, huh? And when all the fights involve the use of weapons that aren't super powered or anything, real weapons, bar one fight, right?

I give no damn to the publication source. Whether its a battle shonen or not sticks out from the description.
Apr 15, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Ckan said:
You are such a deviant tactician.

[@Lord_Pooka
Tactics used in a fight or the lack of super powers have nothing to do with an anime being shonen or not.Shonen is merely the target demographic and action plays a main part in Mirai Nikki so it is factually a battle shonen anime.
DrGeroCreationApr 15, 2014 11:29 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

62 by delirific »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
5 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
28 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
40 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.