Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2008
never try to watch animes on my phone alot of people say i should get MX player with codec
i download the mx player but not sure how to work the codec would like to watch animes on my phone with subtitles can anyone help me with a guide how to get it working or does MX player not support samsung galaxy phones? i not too sure since i never try b4 thanks in advance
Apr 14, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2014
Not sure about MX Player.

But maybe you could use VLC player. No codecs to install, no more installations after the first VLC setup, its play out of the box. Don't let the beta tag drive you away. Only didn't run my 720p Another (it ran my 1080p Despicable Me :/ ). Why not give it a spin?
Apr 14, 2014 10:27 PM

Jan 2008
i always tho vlc was only for pc but i will give it a try!
Apr 14, 2014 10:32 PM

Aug 2008
Re-encode is the way to go for non x86 based portable devices.

Personally, I use a combination of MeGUI and Microsoft Expression Encoder 4. (In this case from .mkv softsubbed to .wmv hardsubbed for windows phone devices, but both programs are very powerful and configurable for whatever you may need).

There's no way I can explain the process without writing at least 1000 words. Check out MeGUI's wiki and consult doom9 forums or other more techie AV forums for less specific problems.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Apr 15, 2014 7:27 AM

Mar 2014
Chikaru-sama said:
i always tho vlc was only for pc but i will give it a try!

Yes, do give it a try. On a Galaxy S4 it should work very fine, dunno about the Note 2 but I guess it should be OK. Its running nice and dandy on my Galaxy Win (1.2GHz quad core, Adreno 203). You could totally put one of your videos unconverted and play it, and like I said it only didn't run my Another in 720p, but that was the only problem I ran into.

How's it going?
Apr 15, 2014 9:43 AM

Jan 2008
open 720p mkv file the video goes fine but the subtitles not coming up tho for vlc
Apr 15, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
MX Player works fine until you phone hits 120 degrees and explodes.

I gave up on watching hi10p anime on my phone. It isn't possible yet.
Apr 15, 2014 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
Weird.

I'll check my Higurashi rip (its dual audio with the subtitles) and see what's up with den subtitles.
Apr 15, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
I personally use the VLC for my phone, which works just fine.
I'm not quite sure about high-end phones though, I rock a motorola Moto G which is only 720p

Chikaru-sama said:
open 720p mkv file the video goes fine but the subtitles not coming up tho for vlc

Click the three little cubes while you're watching the video, then add the subtitle file by hand (I'm not quite sure if this is what you mean though.)
Apr 16, 2014 2:11 AM

May 2012
MX player is easily the best player on android and run everything perfectly for me. I not sure what is exactly your problem.

Subtitles works fine for me, and I'm using galaxy S3. If the video and subtitle are both are separate files, then use MKVToolnix to mux them

SolviteSekai said:

Why ?

10-bit video works fine for me. You only need to use S/W instead of H/W mode on mx player
Apr 17, 2014 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
hmm not sure why sub not coming up this is what i did
first i d/l this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad
then this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.ffmpeg.v6_vfp
then i went to Setting > Decoder > custom > pick libffmpeg.mx.so file
but nothing i will try d/ling the MKVtoolnix
Apr 24, 2014 6:15 AM
Jan 2013
thepath said:
MX player is easily the best player on android and run everything perfectly for me. I not sure what is exactly your problem.

Subtitles works fine for me, and I'm using galaxy S3. If the video and subtitle are both are separate files, then use MKVToolnix to mux them

SolviteSekai said:

for me it lags hard if I use 10-bit mkv. However it plays mp4 perfectly so I use handbrake when I want to watch something I downloaded on my phone.

Why ?

10-bit video works fine for me. You only need to use S/W instead of H/W mode on mx player
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 3 hours ago

1 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
4 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
7 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 11 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
10 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.