Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2009 7:14 AM
Jul 2009
wow, good episode. definitly explained everything and tied it all together.
Jan 2, 2010 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
At first I believed she was possessed. haha I am stupid, no? I liked that Arc a lot, it was really good. So...are they just going to start a new arc after all that..wow? TO THE NEXT EPISODE 8D

I want to know about Kei in the hospital....Maybe there is another human relative of Shion and Mion..? Oh well XD To the next episode...before I get even more confused~
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 4, 2010 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
I hate every single character in this show.
Feb 2, 2010 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
here we have almost clear situations about 2 of arcs. but what about the first ?
... shion is an awesome psycho girl in this anime.
Feb 22, 2010 6:33 PM

Feb 2010
I didnt really like the cotton drifting arc very much because it didnt make much sense but after seeing this episode everything makes sense now except who most likely killed keiichi

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/smashmaniac64&sclick=1][/url]
astralcalamityFeb 22, 2010 8:20 PM
Feb 23, 2010 8:08 AM

Dec 2009
If you go back to epsiode 8 Keiichi and Rena suspect Mion to be behind the disappearances, keep in mine Shion has disappeared as well.Also what makes it tricky is they are twins. the so called "suspected Mion" from Episode 8 is actually Shion because they switched clothes after"MION(Shion posing as Mion)" knocksout kei. The twin at the bottom of the well is Mion(FACT) still note that shion swittched clothes that confuses Kei to think that mion(actually shion) has come back to kill him.

So basically Mion is killed by her sister Shion(who makes Kei and co. believe she is mion the murder/kidnapper) So everybody thinks mion has done it. Shion then takes the clothes of mion(real mion who is dead at bottom of the well).kei and Shinon are rescued .Shion uses mion's clothes to pose as her and goes to the hospital and stabs the confused kei.

I still dont get it myself lol. XD but yeah if you have anything to add that would be great.
Mar 17, 2010 10:23 PM

Jan 2010
i think keiichi was hallucinating at the end of the 2nd story arc.
anyway, this arc explained a lot if you were to follow the reasoning that all the killings are caused by humans who are using the oyashiro's curse as cover. however, mion's last comments does put you back into thinking if the curse actually exists at all.
Mar 19, 2010 7:41 AM
Oct 2009
Hell Yea , i laughed like a sadist when shion killed all of them . I am so impressed MUHAHAHA. Great anime ^^
Mar 20, 2010 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Shion's laugh man. Amazing.

Crackin' arc.
Mar 20, 2010 4:10 PM

Mar 2010
I am getting scared here if shion died who killed kei-chan in the hospital o_0
Mar 21, 2010 7:34 AM
Jan 2010
Shion confirmed for the most retarded reaction faces ever.
Mar 30, 2010 11:06 PM

Jan 2010
What I want to know is why were there two survivors that the police rescued? One was Keichi, but the other? I couldn't see well...
Apr 11, 2010 1:19 PM

Jan 2010
xo_cl2 said:

But who was the one that appears out of no wear to stab Kei at the end of Watanagashi-hen ?

yeah i was asking this also :-),i thought it would be Shion but then she fall off...

maybe it's Mion!?!? O.o...no way...

though it would make sense,they will both be in hospital...

ayway,this episode seriously makes me reconsider higurashi,i want to give it 9 but f the rest of the episodes are as good as this one,i may give it full marks ^_^

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 22, 2010 10:35 PM

Feb 2010
werr-y said:
What I want to know is why were there two survivors that the police rescued? One was Keichi, but the other? I couldn't see well...

I asked myself the same question. From the looks of it it must have been Shion, disguised as Mion (remember they changed clothes) making her escape.

Still the hospital attack stays unanswered..

I so hope that the next arc deals with Renas past (when she was cursed, when she went crazy with a baseball bet) and the First Arc. Starting to wonder if the First Arc has anything to do with the rest of the story ^^
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 13, 2010 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
This show is so confusing yet so awesome.

Shion killing Satoko was just O_O
Jun 15, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2009
Insane. I approve of loli torture though.

Still not getting anything.
Jun 26, 2010 3:41 PM
May 2010
If the ending confused you, it's just because you haven't seen the arc in Kai that introduces Mion and Shion's other sister, Nion. You see, they were actually triplets, not twins. Nion is the one who kills Keichi at the end due to events outlined in the Japan-only DS game.
Jul 2, 2010 10:03 AM

Dec 2009
Loved it ! This is definitely the best ending ever for an arc ! ( well , if Keiichi could also die it would be better but it's okay like this too..)
Jul 7, 2010 10:35 AM

Mar 2010
She peed herself???C'mon, is she 2 years old??
Anyway, i understand why she killed everyone, but Keiichi i don't.I mean he wasn't related to Satoshi in any way.Also in the end she died by accident?Well, that is one lousy death..
Jul 15, 2010 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, just so freakin bloody.
Shion's just killing everyone
then she dies by accident?
I was expecting her death to be at least suicide :O
Aug 2, 2010 6:18 PM

May 2010
I guess Mion and Shion are both dead now. I'm still not 100% sure what is going on yet, though.
Aug 7, 2010 6:02 AM

May 2010
That solves the puzzle except for 1 thing, who the hell appeared right b4 keichi in the hospital back on the earlier eps??

SPLAAAT :X
Aug 9, 2010 3:53 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, she is one very disturbing girl xD and I just love the facial expressions she sometimes has xD
Aug 9, 2010 3:56 AM
Jul 2010
I finished watching whole anime, It's great, don't have anythink else to say.
Aug 10, 2010 10:40 PM
Oct 2009
I'm satisfied now that most of the questions there have been answered, but what was never covered was how Shion's spirit nailed Keiichi's hand at the hospital in the very end.
Aug 23, 2010 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
Shion is insane.

I liked this arc though.
Oct 18, 2010 8:04 PM

Nov 2009
OMG so it was Shion who did all that!!! I can't believe she killed Sataco... i mean i can but the whole time she was doing it the quote, "I'm leaving Sataco up to you Mion." although it wasnt Mion... but yeah she LOST it!!! she killed Mion!!! that sucks!!! it makes alot more seance now that we know it was Shion and not Mion. . . Mion was so desperate to save Sataco... i cant believe she was stabbed so many times!!! interesting though!!! its cool how everything worked out... how she killed her Grandpa and the Rika killed herself... and it was cool how Shion died at the end haha... anyway great epi!!! =D
Oct 30, 2010 11:11 PM

Jul 2010
So about the thing with Kei getting stabbed at the hospital... this episode didn't tell us anything about that, but could it have been the ogre within shion that killed kei?
shion had said in the torture room that the next time he saw her corpse it would be controlled by the ogre. i mean she did fall off the side of the building, but if you looked at her at the hospital she was covered in blood. so i'm guessing she killed kei? correct me if i'm wrong...just curious about what happened to him.

Nov 2, 2010 7:17 PM

Sep 2010
holy shit holy shit that's quite a bit of blood. AWESOME episode and EPIC arc.
lol i dunno why but

the whole trade-role business that Shion conducts in this arc is truly clever. Also, Shion officially wins the retarded face contest

anyways I am also curious who is it that stabs keiichi in the hospital, seeing that Mion fell down the well and Shion fell down the building (both are very unlikely to survive, unless through resurrection T.T)

Crono_Maniac said:
If the ending confused you, it's just because you haven't seen the arc in Kai that introduces Mion and Shion's other sister, Nion. You see, they were actually triplets, not twins. Nion is the one who kills Keichi at the end due to events outlined in the Japan-only DS game.

lol no offense, but for the company that thought of this, I applaud for their stupid idea. When the plot is unexplainable, include yet another person to commit the crimes. And next to cover the plot you're gonna have "Rion" or something.
As far as I'm concerned, that being a hallucination is fine by me.
coolwolfNov 2, 2010 7:27 PM

Nov 3, 2010 9:26 PM

Jun 2008
Crono_Maniac said:
If the ending confused you, it's just because you haven't seen the arc in Kai that introduces......blahblahblahpotentialspoiler

I really, really hope you're wrong and you didn't seriously just spoil that for me.

For fucks sake. This isn't the Kai discussion board. Why are people even bringing the events that take place there here. UGH.
Nov 5, 2010 12:47 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was a bit gore-heavy, but thats probably why it was so enjoyable >:D
Nov 15, 2010 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
I definitely remember Shion being in her own clothes after she fell out of the hospital and died. So if it was Mion who tries to kill Keiichi at the end of episode 8 then why was she in her normal clothes? Did she change them with Shions corpse? I don't really get that part, unless they just made a mistake.
Nov 16, 2010 11:31 PM

Jul 2009
love this :D

it really ties everything together except the one in the hospotial, maybe it was a dream like some say.

can't wait to finish this series, does anybody know more of these kinds of anime? we need more anime's like this ^^
Dec 2, 2010 3:46 AM

Dec 2009
God damn, I am so getting creeped out by this, I shouldn't be watching this at 3:00 in the morning in complete darkness........I better not hallucinate.
Dec 24, 2010 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
305 said:
Crono_Maniac said:
If the ending confused you, it's just because you haven't seen the arc in Kai that introduces......blahblahblahpotentialspoiler

I really, really hope you're wrong and you didn't seriously just spoil that for me.

For fucks sake. This isn't the Kai discussion board. Why are people even bringing the events that take place there here. UGH.

There is no Nion he is just trolling. Great episode btw
Ni Paaa ^_^

Feb 8, 2011 1:54 PM

Oct 2010
Great episode, I am all confused about weather it was Mion or Shion that was the possessed one now :/
Jul 7, 2011 2:21 PM
Jul 2010
Wow, this arc really was the best so far... I felt really sorry for Shion when Mion told her it wasn't their Grandma who gave the order to kill Satoshi. That really was the drop of water that makes the glass overflow. Realizing all she had done was in vain ('cause she did have her reasons) would be just to devastating so she refused to believe it. It was the easy way out.

But as clarifying as it may have been, this arc still leaves some questions to be answered. Was Shion really "possessed" by a demon as she claimed? Who the hell killed Keichii if both twins were dead? (And whoever did it was covered in blood... Interesting...) And why was Shion's clothes when she was found different from when she fell? This is not to mention that thing about Takano being dead for 24 hours when she entered the shrine. I still can't figure out if there is supernatural stuff involved or not. This is just too crazy.
Aug 22, 2011 3:52 PM

Feb 2010
Um... I think I'm officially scarred for life after this episode.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Nov 2, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
EPIC episode! This chapter is probably going to end up as my favorite out of the entire show, they tied up plenty of things real elegantly. And even though Shion was playing Mion, it worked very well with the other chapter which told the same story but from a different angle.
Jan 14, 2012 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
Certainly this arc tied a lot of the stories together... but it hasn't entirely solved some of the mysteries of the series for me lol I guess I'll just keep on watching.
Feb 13, 2012 4:51 AM

May 2011
Great episode, but geez Shion went psycho for a guy like Satoshi? Idk why but damn Shion he isn't worth it, moping around and daydreaming all the time it annoyed me.

Feb 26, 2012 10:30 PM

Nov 2010
it just goes to show you, Yandere doesn't pay.
Mar 17, 2012 2:37 AM

Nov 2011
Mr_DaftPunk said:
Great episode, but geez Shion went psycho for a guy like Satoshi? Idk why but damn Shion he isn't worth it, moping around and daydreaming all the time it annoyed me.

This fact annoyed me too, I really couldn't sympathize with Shion's feelings of revenge because I don't understand what she saw in him. her motivation was just so simple and one dimensional, all there was that got things going, was the pat on the head.

On the other hand, the weak relationship could also have been intentional, to show that Shion just thought she was in love, when there was really nothing there, and the feeling wasn't mutual. Those thoughts alone, though, were able to drive her into doing the things she did. If that's the message the author intended, then kudos to them. And despite a few unanswered questions, this arc was really tied up nicely.

Also: Scumbag brain, reminds her of his last words, after the point of no return.
Apr 7, 2012 1:46 AM

Jun 2011
This arc answered a lot of lingering questions from the first couple of arcs.

One thing still remains unclear: what exactly is this oyashiro-sama's curse?
Apr 24, 2012 12:01 PM
Aug 2011
I'm rewatching Higurashi after a few years and I remembered that I felt that this arc was actually NOT the explanation of the second. Here are the reasons why I think so:

-first of the way Shion and Keichi meet for the first time. In arc 2 they meet in the caffe, in this arc they meet while Kei saves Shion from the motorbike guys, hence she starts to remember Satoshi. The dynamic between the two is different right from the start.

-However there was no mention or significance of Shion saving Kei from the motorbike guys

-in arc two when Shion/Mion gets psycho when Keichi is on the ladder she repeats "no doubt" or "that's it"...while as here she says "unforgivable". Shion is more fixated on the vendetta for Satoshi than the arc two Shion or Mion who is simply nuts.

-Shion bullies Satoko in the school really very bad. However there is no sign that Satoko and Mion's friendship is marred in arc two.

-in arc two Shion and Kei are just peeking the photographer guy and the blond chick and go in with them to the storehouse by accidentally discovered. In this arc they intend to go in and just walk in casually.

-in this arc the demon tattoo was not mentioned

-and who the hell kills Keichi in the hospital in both arcs????

the plus reason why I want to think this is an alternate arc,just similar to the second is that I really want Mion to be a psycho and not only Shion(who is wonderfully ill btw). They are twins, almost the same..so there they got a very similar arc :D

I saw Kai but for gods sake I wish I didn't...It just ruined the fun for me :/ I pretend it never happened...
Apr 24, 2012 10:34 PM

Jan 2012
Well that 80% solved my questions for this arc, but still am totally confused about:

Who was under Keiichi bed in the hospital? An illusion? A doppleganger? A near dead Shion?

Is Satoshi still alive or not!?!?

Everyone except Rena dies. Why?

McDonald or Burger King?
Jun 29, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, I understand everything now.

But at the end where someone stabs Keiichi, I have NO IDEA who that is. And it's freaking me out. I mean, if Shion and Mion died, who was that? Or did Mion survive the fall into the pit? (that would explain why she was so bloody).. but even then, why would Mion kill Keiichi? The murders might have made her go crazy though, or maybe even the demon 'transferred' into her lol.

I actually liked the Watanagashi arc a lot.. I found it really interesting because of the switches between Mion and Shion. And I don't like Rena to be evil because then I think of Nagisa and it just doesn't fit XD

GREAT ARC<3
Jul 23, 2012 6:11 AM

Feb 2012
belial said:
hmm... surprising.. I was expecting them to explain the last scene of this arc [when Shion kills Kei]. I mean, after all this and after knowing that Shion got out of there like that, I was expecting something less logical for the 'corpe' of Shion outside the hospital than to the killing of Kei.

I mean, I couldn't explain the 'Shion's body' dead in from of the hospital, but I though Shion could had get Mion's body back so she could fake her own death and remain alive.

Even if what you said up there it's true ... there's a big BUG on this story, when she was getting back to her room she was with Mion's clothes, but at ep 8 she's dead with SHION's clothes. Unless someone changed her clothes after she died, this is a bug on the story, and there was no point on changing her clothes.

they could have left Shion's body the mistery, and end this ep with her killing Kei. Shion's body could have been explained with many possible explanations, Shion's killing Kei... hallucination sounds like a lame excuse =XXX

Edit:

Ohh .. and why did she let Kei alive and then decided to kill him? What was that part on the hospital supposed to mean when Shion is alone 'hallucinating'? Was the dough of the curse? as Mion told her no one on the village was doing it, she was getting afraid of the curse?

"I can't be here anymore" <- this would sound right if her death was suicide, but she fell, so it's not like she wanted to die =x

"I did it in time" .. what? convinced herself that 4 ppl had to die from the Curse? since when was there a time limit? isn't this one a bit off, no really explanation why the hell whould she say this

"Praise me Satoshi-kun" <- bleh, this was not the reason to kill Kei, Mion was already dead, so killing Kei for revenge would be pretty pointless.

Oishi: "We found the bodys of every single person who disappeared in that well" <- Does this mean they found Satoshi there too? Mion could have been lying to Shion back there. I would believe more in this than Satoshi being killed by someone else than the 3 family's o.O

Looking at the end of ep 8, it does look like Mion, the blood, the clothes, though she talks like she is Shion and Mion would never kill Kei [I think o.O], and even if it was Mion, there was still no reason to kill him =X

I am definitely too late for this explanation, but oh well...

1. That whole thing with the clothes doesn't really matter, as this isn't just a retelling of watanagashi-hen from Shion's perspective. There are some small differences that show enough to conclude that this should be considered a completely separate arc from Watanagashi-hen that just plays out similiarly.

2. Shion killed Keiichi because she was being driven insane by Oyashiro-Sama's curse, so at this point it wasn't about revenge, just about feeding the demon within herself.

3. Shion also thought, as a result of her insaneness, that Oyashiro-Sama was following her around, and that he was eventually going to kill her. This means that when she said "I made it on time!" She meant that she managed to kill Keiichi before she herself was killed.

You know, this is why I really don't like the Higurashi anime, it just leaves out large pieces of information that are necessary to understand what the hell is going on. Although, Kai may be better than this series, I don't think I can live with watching it after seeing how much they have mangled the first six arcs from the game, and they seriously have mangled it. I remember when I first watched this series after I finished the game, and I was shocked when they had quite literally completely cut out several hours of content, including some truly vital explanations for the towns history and the character motives.

Not to mention the fact that about 60-70% of the game is just the Main Character's inner dialogue, which just does not go well with anime.
Aug 11, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Such a great arc! It wrapped up a lot of things I had questions about. Whew. Crazy ride though.
Sep 23, 2012 5:02 AM

Feb 2011
I'm definitely going to make a horror AMV with this ep .
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.