Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NEW OP SONG! Heh, that technology.

The episode was okay but the weather was not. Seems like more mecha dropped down from the skies and are taking the fight with them now. Damn. This is like becoming a war zone.

Action was pretty intense this episode. Taking that fight to the skies and poor Jeanne in the PV.
Stark700Apr 13, 2014 12:47 PM
Apr 13, 2014 12:54 PM
Jan 2014
The new OP & EP songs are magnificent.
This has to be my favourite episode so far.
Hannibal and Charlemagne played very dirty.
Damn, Nobu would have been a goner if it were not for Ichihime.
Mitsu definitely needs a regalia + giant war armour.
Kenshin and his giant war armour are even more overpowered that I thought.
Apr 13, 2014 1:11 PM
Aug 2013
ADIABATIC EXPANSION! HAHAHHA

Pretty good ep. Gonna miss my wubwub ED tho.
Apr 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Oct 2010
*Sigh*, Jeanne's righteousness gets on my nerves. If she becomes a damsel in distress now it's going to seriously lessen my enjoyment of this show, I'm tired of seeing that trope in every action anime.
Apr 13, 2014 1:25 PM
Apr 2011
think the only thing im really interested in the show is the Ichhime x Mitsuhide relationship. made me feel sick to my stomach last two episodes. i hope they end up together soon cause its pretty painful to watch
Apr 13, 2014 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
I love first opening theme,
second is pretty cool
maybe I will start to love it like first one? :)

OMG! Caesar makes cakes!
Whoo! What a shock, but in other site, kinda cool :D

Ichihime is really Caesar wife?
IchihimexMitsuhide ;(
but I kinda start to like IchihimexCaesar xD
Especially after "I, Caesar, will gladly turn my blade against my former comade-in-arms, for love's sake" *.*

New ending have so pretty artworks,
especially last one with Ichihime *.*
Song also seems pretty cool :D

I look forward to another episode :)
Apr 13, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
Too predictable main character becomes weak for no reason wtf?and what's wrong with that ichihime girl the guy killed her father doesn't she have any emotions really i would rate this 2/10 story needs redoing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2010
Jeanne/Ranmaru just made me drop the show she is getting on my fucking nerves. Always doing the same dumb shit she might as well be called the fool. Whats up with Japan and these weak ass main leads. Thank god for Mahouka male lead.

They spent like 10 episodes on Ceaser and 2 round tables die in a matter of minutes. I guess they going to Jack the Ripper sometime doing this show.
Apr 13, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2013
Pretty okay episode, new OP and ED. Gonna miss the dubstep ending :(

Hannibal and Charlemagne were a pretty interesting duo. The battle escalated quickly with Kenshin joining in like a boss.

Also was not expecting that ending. Cesare hmm...
Apr 13, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, that tongue pulling. Is that an example of S & M? New OP & ED! Nice alone time with him baking the cake for the princess. lol @ the card flying this time. Snow in the Summer... war begins.

One of them got a chance to stop KajiKaji's character's robot with ice and people to use it to exchange the shinki. They don't believe what Jeanne said, and killed the people. That Kaiser guy went to save Nobunaga to keep the marriage. Purple long hair guy also came to support. One enemy down, but Jeanne got taken away. Another enemy got killed by her comrade. I don't know what he will do to her, though, if he doesn't want her to be killed.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 13, 2014 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
The new opening and ending were alright.

I'm glad that Uesugi and Caesar came to the rescue.

That's ending, Hannibal got betrayed and killed by one of men.
Apr 13, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2012
Finally new OP and ED, the first ones were getting very old. This new OP is ten times more fitting and exciting.

Yeah Jeanne really is a pain, her decision making skills have not improved in the slightest, and now she's a damsel in distress. She better get some damn good development out of this.

Caeser's chocolate being bittersweet describes their whole situation nicely. We still want to hate him for everything he's done to the clan, and especially for NTR'ing poor Mitsu, but at the same time you can see his character beginning to show its worth. He could end up being developed into a decent anti-hero, but it's getting increasingly harder to see this ending well for Mitsu.

Oh shit, Kenshin has arrived with righteousness. Shit is going to get real.

Sageofsixpaths said:
and what's wrong with that ichihime girl the guy killed her father doesn't she have any emotions really i would rate this 2/10 story needs redoing.
That's the strength of her character, that she can selflessly set aside her feelings(with Mitsu as well) for the sake of her clan. Just because you don't understand that doesn't mean the story needs redoing lol
Apr 13, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
glad to see just how caeser being a boss like that, still like him with ichihime rather than that poor excuse of a man, mitsuhide
Apr 13, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2011
Digging the new ED. OP is okay I guess. This has to be one of my favourite episodes. Loved battle scenes and DaVinci's expansion!. This show has something attractive, I don't know what though. I wanted to drop it after the first episode... :/ good I didn't. I like Jeanne. IMO she's good main heroine (maybe it's time for a little romance)
Apr 13, 2014 3:50 PM

Nov 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Finally new OP and ED, the first ones were getting very old. This new OP is ten times more fitting and exciting.

Yeah Jeanne really is a pain, her decision making skills have not improved in the slightest, and now she's a damsel in distress. She better get some damn good development out of this.

Caeser's chocolate being bittersweet describes their whole situation nicely. We still want to hate him for everything he's done to the clan, and especially for NTR'ing poor Mitsu, but at the same time you can see his character beginning to show its worth. He could end up being developed into a decent anti-hero, but it's getting increasingly harder to see this ending well for Mitsu.

Oh shit, Kenshin has arrived with righteousness. Shit is going to get real.

Sageofsixpaths said:
and what's wrong with that ichihime girl the guy killed her father doesn't she have any emotions really i would rate this 2/10 story needs redoing.
That's the strength of her character, that she can selflessly set aside her feelings(with Mitsu as well) for the sake of her clan. Just because you don't understand that doesn't mean the story needs redoing lol

Just voicing my opinion, its kinda annoying if a person killed one of my family members especially the people who gave life to me i would be unable to stand seeing them each day worse sleep with them but oh well i guess its anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
Are they trying to make us like Caesar now? No. No. No. I'm not going to get manipulated. That cake is a lie.

Jeanne what are you doing?! Ugh she just ruined a great episode :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 13, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
Not sure if I like the new OP but I think its fine. Since Saru also has the regalia of the wind, does this mean that there could be duplicates of regalias? Figured the hostages were gonna get killed.
R4velApr 13, 2014 5:25 PM
Apr 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Apr 2013
Okay episode, not really a fan of the new OP and ED (I miss the dubstep and the old preview music).

Ichihime x Caesar is growing on me (noooooo). I wonder how that whole love triangle is going to resolve itself.

Jeanne = still useless? Check.

Seriously, she goes on and on how she has to protect Nobunaga, and all she ever does is panic/get captured and held hostage, and then Nobunaga gets himself hurt trying to protect her. Really, she'd protect him MORE if she stayed behind.

Looking forward to the next episode, though.
Apr 13, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
Well the villagers are dead and Ranmaru is with the brothers of the round table.

Great episode!!!
Apr 13, 2014 5:55 PM
Mar 2012
The NTR hurts my heart.
Apr 13, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
Why the fuck does the mecha has blood?
Apr 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
bigzzcobzz said:
It's most likely oil. Anyway, new OP and ED, and I'm not too fond of them. Prefered the previous one. Also, Jeanne is still pretty useless I see.
Apr 13, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
bigzzcobzz said:

Just like the mechas in "Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo", it is in fact oil and engine fluids.
Apr 13, 2014 6:54 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty Decent episode as far as I'm concerned. However, the new opening simply isn't doing it for me. I'd even go as far as saying that it's complete garbage. I'm also surprised at how quickly I went from hating Caesars guts to actually liking him. That's Yuuichi Nakamura's doing I suppose.

Kenshin is such a bad ass. Can we all agree that no matter what show, game, movie, or book he's in, he's always a bad ass? The whole effeminate and speed thing hes got going on in this show is reminiscent of Sengoku Basara's version of him.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Apr 13, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
I love this episode!!the opening was good I got to get used to it,I missed the old opening and the ending I actually like both endings.
This episodes was such a war,shocked that Nobunaga didn't care for the hostages.
I didn't see that coming or the fact that Charles will die like that or Hannibal.
That guy just killed her woah,such a bloody battle.
Caeser looked hot !!glad he chose Ichihime.
Apr 13, 2014 8:58 PM
Jul 2013
Nobunaga seems to be getting more and more powerless :v I know it's a typical storyline where MCs get weak, but they always annoy me to no end. It's like at one point, they are godly, the next moment, they are like infants.
Apr 13, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
Hannibal looks like a man and not like that stupid shit they usually do where they still look obviously female.
Apr 13, 2014 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
The Admiral face-palmed, I would too if I was in his position.

New OP :)

The twins would be a force to be reckoned with if they were enemies.

That was one hell of a fight and before this episode I don't think any Mecha limbs have been severed :P

Jeanne is in deep shit now.
AzureAlert said:

WTF does Ichihime think she's going to do with that spear O.o LMAO

Ikr
Apr 13, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2009
Uggggh, Jeanne, why are you so useless?
And is there a reason she's still pretending to be Ranmaru? Isn't everyone aware she's a woman at this point? And that she's Jeanne d'Arc?
AzureAlert said:
I don't like the new opening. The singers are trying too hard, but I WTF does Ichihime think she's going to do with that spear O.o LMAO

In ancient Japan it was not uncommon for women of high station to the learn the naginata so they could defend their homes while the men were fighting wars
Apr 13, 2014 11:24 PM
Mar 2014
talk about NTR ichihime is a dumb princess..
ceasar said he would protect in exchange of her being a queen(virginity of course)
but in the end ceasar said"he would defile king author"

then a lot of people die in exchange for what? her stupidness hahayz i wonder what mitsu is thinking?

for her its better not to give her self and die along with the people rather being captive and still people are dying.. like a princess very self centerd she should think about the peoples feeling she has having a great time while her people is dying...

and the next episode jane agian.. come on if i knew this was full of crappy NTR i would have drop it ages ago.
Apr 13, 2014 11:30 PM
Mar 2014
RosyXkid said:
I love this episode!!the opening was good I got to get used to it,I missed the old opening and the ending I actually like both endings.
This episodes was such a war,shocked that Nobunaga didn't care for the hostages.
I didn't see that coming or the fact that Charles will die like that or Hannibal.
That guy just killed her woah,such a bloody battle.
Caeser looked hot !!glad he chose Ichihime.

i hate where you going dude or gal...

i really hate people like ceasar who easy get what he want..
compare to mitsu he has been there for ichihime for the begining of time while ceasar jusf jump in and for two day he break her hymen then ichihime forget about mitsu and smile while her people is dying

for me that exchange is worthless if he said protect then no people should die ..

arggg such a watse i really want mitsu x ichihime rather than that playboy..
Apr 13, 2014 11:33 PM
Mar 2014
Sageofsixpaths said:
Too predictable main character becomes weak for no reason wtf?and what's wrong with that ichihime girl the guy killed her father doesn't she have any emotions really i would rate this 2/10 story needs redoing.

dead on dude for she is just a bitch who like being treated nice and dumb
Apr 14, 2014 12:50 AM

Apr 2013
I really hated those twins... and now they have some strange power >.>

Woah Uesugi Kenshin... Whataboss

I love how the guy stabs her in the back and kill her at the end.
duderusApr 14, 2014 1:08 AM

Apr 14, 2014 1:02 AM
Jul 2013
got too curious what Caesar's chant meant
Veni=I came
Vidi=I saw
Vici=I conquered
WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH A BLACK LASER

just so curious
Apr 14, 2014 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
Sageofsixpaths said:

Not to rile you up or anything, but I think that the logic your using to criticize Ichihime is flawed. I'm assuming you say that she's emotionless because she decided to go with Caesar after he killed her father, and I'm assuming again that you would rather her be with Mitsuhide (although I could be wrong), but if that's the case aren't you over looking the fact that Mitsuhide killed her brother? As far as I'm concerned that puts him in the same boat as Caesar.

As AlexTheRiot said, the strength of her character is what allowed her to put aside the fact that Caesar killed her father and do what was in the best interest of her clan, and the best interest of her people. In typical Japanese social setting, the good/needs of the group outweigh those of the individual. At least that's the way I was taught, and that same logic is being applied here.
Kuro_YuukiApr 14, 2014 1:37 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Apr 14, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
mhyr1104 said:
got too curious what Caesar's chant meant
Veni=I came
Vidi=I saw
Vici=I conquered
WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH A BLACK LASER

just so curious

Because he uses his laser to conquer all?
Apr 14, 2014 1:34 AM
Jul 2013
ReaperCreeper said:

Because he uses his laser to conquer all?

more like, kills all instead of conquer all. If you want to conquer something, some should be left standing so that there will still be some stuff to conquer.

*Moga*
(just wanted to do this for no reason)
Apr 14, 2014 1:53 AM

Nov 2013
I like the new opening, but I prefer the first ending. WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT!! New one is cool too though.
Nobunaga lost quickly. "I don't care about hostages!" It's a very rational decision, but that doesn't make it the best.
Judging by how things went this episode it looks like this show will really end in 24 episodes with most of the round table guys being just cannon fodder. How disappointing :\
Also, interesting to know that there are 2 wind regalias.
Apr 14, 2014 2:29 AM

Jan 2014
I just don't know why people assume Ichihime slept with Caesar yet.... It's obviously their "relationship" is awkward,just because he went to her chambers to bring her a cake,and she smiled it doesn't imply anything,he loves her and he wouldn't force her to anything(he turned vs his comrades) but meh why do ppl always imagine the worst?....
And it's not exactly the worst because some prefer Mitsu over Caesar it doesn't mean Caesar is that bad,and after all it was her choice,and it's just my opinion but she has something planned.
Apr 14, 2014 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
Kuro_Yuuki said:
Sageofsixpaths said:

Not to rile you up or anything, but I think that the logic your using to criticize Ichihime is flawed. I'm assuming you say that she's emotionless because she decided to go with Caesar after he killed her father, and I'm assuming again that you would rather her be with Mitsuhide (although I could be wrong), but if that's the case aren't you over looking the fact that Mitsuhide killed her brother? As far as I'm concerned that puts him in the same boat as Caesar.

As AlexTheRiot said, the strength of her character is what allowed her to put aside the fact that Caesar killed her father and do what was in the best interest of her clan, and the best interest of her people. In typical Japanese social setting, the good/needs of the group outweigh those of the individual. At least that's the way I was taught, and that same logic is being applied here.

Nah i dont really care about the coupling thing but what bothers me is that she`s able to put her emotions aside as you said. Remember she was quick to agree when Caesar asked for her,she didn't even try to refuse or believe that her brother would protect her i mean come on he`s the main character but anyway back to my point just saying that her character is poorly written.Anyway could say something about nobunaga he didn't even try to stop her would have been interesting if he at least would have tried in first few episode of this anime i was like hell ya but now i am like meh maybe its just me :(.

Also we havent seen a hint in her being mad about him killing her father or maybe i guess she doesn't know it just makes me mad that they are being so friendly with an enemy that killed a person who gave them life, if it was me would be full war + this alliance crap was lie people still die and nobu doesn't give a shit about them why doesn't he have ichi hime steal the reg from caesar or kill him>>
SageofsixpathsApr 14, 2014 3:00 AM
Apr 14, 2014 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
damn kenshin is strong. not sure what to think of caeser yet. wonder how caeser and mitsuhide will play out

the series really likes to throw in these dark moments. poor town people first they get frozen alive then shattered
Apr 14, 2014 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
Ok episode I guess.

That new opening though is so shit and try-hard.
Apr 14, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
Hey Nobunaga what happend to whole "hostages means nothing"?I guess it's convenient when lives of the "red shirts" are on the line... and Damn i hate these goody two-shoes characters like Ranmaru,who pull stupid stunts like that.
Apr 14, 2014 6:47 AM

Sep 2008
An enemy which will do anything to acomplish his goals is threatening with murder unless conditione are met. What could possibly go wrong if he is given what he asks?
Sigh...

Ranmaru is an idiot, but oh well, guess I could say the same about most characters in this show.
The only one actually using brain here is Caesar.
Apr 14, 2014 6:56 AM

Dec 2013
I expected a new opening and ending and here they are. Dunno how I should think about this new opening, I liked the previous one more but the ending is fine, I guess.

Nice episode, it seems like, that Caesar isn't that much of a bad guy and he even betrays Arthur no Ou due to his love to Ichihime. But it's also sad for Ichihime because it seemed like that she and Mitsuhide love each other...

Also this fight was intense, really well made, Jeanne was a bit naiv to think, that they really would release them and so they even killed everyone and kidnapped Jeanne. Also Nobunaga got beaten up pretty bad, yeah and now it seems like that he wants revenge, not because he lost to them more likely because they abducted Jeanne.

Sad to see Jeanne in the PV like this ... I seriously think, that her vision from the first episode is going to be true, they are going to burn her and Nobunaga comes and saves her, so I just think it will turn out, but let's see what's going to happen.

Even if Nobunaga got beaten up pretty bad, I still loved this episode so 5/5
Apr 14, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2010
That was good.

The visuals in the new OP are pretty nice. Hideyoshi crying? There's some real shit incoming.

The loli twin are so OP.

Himiko is cute as usual :3

Really liking Caesar now :D He just said "Screw u Arthur" and listened to Ichi :D
And he wanted to make her smile first :) Nice to see he's taking their relationship slowly. Seems like he'll be winning her heart pretty soon. Good to see he's not an ass as I thought at the beginning. His love is true ^^ Ichi's smile was really cute.

Shit got real in the battle though. Hideyoshi and Nobu got owned. Well it was all Jeanne's fault -.- The hostages getting killed was no mercy!

Kenshin is OP! I loved Dat fighting style :D Good to see Charles get owned. He was annoying as hell and liking Cesare already with how he killed the ugly Hannibal bitch. Seems he'll be NTR'ing Jeanne nxt ep though :P Not that I care <_<

Loved the ED, both song and art :3 And is it just me or does Himiko looks older in the ED? Or just the effect of the different art?
Apr 14, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2012
For love's sake! Kajsar u so badass.
Apr 14, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
Uesugi to the rescueeeeeeee.
Also, it must suck balls to be a villager in the Oda domain getting slaughtered here and there. I kind of like that French dude. Too bad he had to die.
allo
Apr 14, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2011
Belgian_Waffles said:
Uggggh, Jeanne, why are you so useless?

Not really, Jeanne/Ranmaru have already saved Nobu's ass twice from now. She just fails at protecting people other than him.
Apr 14, 2014 11:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This series got better for a while, but this episode was awful. The pacing, the story...Jeanne takes one step forward and twenty back. And for being the Savior King, Nobunaga is downright underwhelming as a protagonist. Hannibal and Charlemagne were awfully written too.

Itsuhime having Caesar whipped after such a short while and Kenshin's apperarance were the only good thing this episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

142 by Scootboi »»
Aug 13, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.