Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 11:48 PM
Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
--------------------------------------
Echo_78Mar 16, 2022 7:23 AM
Apr 13, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
Echo_78 said:
Aaaaaaaand I guess she didn't die?

I really wonder if you understood the message of this manga was trying to communicate at all. It wasn't just about life or death. It was more about discovery of the past, present, and the future.

Anyways, this short yet insightful manga was quite an enjoyable read in the end. Shame it was just so short. 7/10. Would read again.
Apr 13, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Echo_78 said:
Aaaaaaaand I guess she didn't die?

I really wonder if you understood the message of this manga was trying to communicate at all. It wasn't just about life or death. It was more about discovery of the past, present, and the future.

For a moment i thought as someone on MangaUpdates said
"While that comic plays it for laughs, this one takes a more introspective look at what it would be like to have another "self" with you.

At first the main character really enjoys having 2 selves. I mean, who is easier to get along with than yourself?"

Anyway, this one was a good read. So short, yes, but fuck, it was good.
Apr 13, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed this short manga, it had a lot to it in just 7 chapters.
Aug 13, 2018 8:59 PM

Apr 2018
Carks32 said:
Stark700 said:

For a moment i thought as someone on MangaUpdates said
"While that comic plays it for laughs, this one takes a more introspective look at what it would be like to have another "self" with you.

At first the main character really enjoys having 2 selves. I mean, who is easier to get along with than yourself?"

Anyway, this one was a good read. So short, yes, but fuck, it was good.

I agree with that guy, this manga is about self reflection but it doesn't end there. The manga also states that it's our feeling the most important thing in life. Our heart is the one that connect our past and future. Since our feeling over time changes, maybe there's many yous inside you. The manga is more about to be honest to our current feeling and cherish it so that that feeling won't disappear easily. Our past is stiff like iron because we can't change it but our future is wibbly-wobbly and uncertain. What determines our future depends what we choose now; in this sense, we choose to be honest to our feeling or not?.
Feb 14, 2022 2:15 AM

Dec 2009
Underrated Manga. Even with its soft and comedic tone, it's astounding.
Overall powerful and bittersweet in a unexpected unique way.

It starts with a sense of empathy and sharing from one another, until suddenly the copy initiates on her own advances on their crush without telling the other.
The lore and foundation of the supernatural creating a copy, and that copy having the ability to travel to the past and future is arguably lacking in an explanation, but it's all very intriguing in how mysterious and unique it is.
I've never experienced a time travel concept where the past is concrete, meaning any force that the traveler receives literally hurts.
Although, oddly the only affect they could create is moving something by holding it into something they have on them.

So, from the first half it's very interesting and sweet when imagining how helpful and supportive it could be to have a copy of yourself through the protagonist, Ayako.
But then we're brought to the fact of her older sister who died... claiming herself to be an alien, because (which we later learn) she somehow has visions of her death.
... It's awesome how unpredictable it is also. When we think the copy vanished due to wishing to see their sister, as if committing suicide in a way, is what I thought- ...she actually time traveled, and coincidentally, only the sister can see the copy.

To then finally saving her. Beautiful.
Then after Ayako is about to confess, she gets stopped by the copy because she saw her possible bad future with him, and several of her potential dates.
... As great as it is, it could be better with more depth and lengthier story and plots, but... it's a fun solid short good short read. 8/10.
Jul 12, 2022 9:37 PM

Aug 2018
It seems that Ayako was able to change something in the present.
It was good, the story was curious and the drawing was very good.
Jan 5, 2:45 AM

Dec 2009
Just finished rereading this underrated gem.
Unfortunately, since I recently read my review and clearly remembered the main plots, it wasn't as fun to read knowing practically everything already...

but this Manga still stands out with the psychological questioning of what if you had a copy clone.
Along with the theme of the future is limitless, even if the past is concrete.
Except, they kinda changed the past by making a clone of the deceased big sister.

What's even sweeter in the end is how the clone becomes a guardian to frequently look into the original's future and help her avoid bad decisions.

I still hope this gets licensed. I'm curious what superior translation would look like since some dialogue was a bit awkward.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 6 Discussion

Echo_78 - Mar 28, 2014

2 by Tamer2002 »»
Jul 12, 2022 9:27 PM

Poll: » Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 5 Discussion

Echo_78 - Mar 11, 2014

3 by Tamer2002 »»
Jul 12, 2022 9:21 PM

Poll: » Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 4 Discussion

Echo_78 - Mar 1, 2014

6 by Tamer2002 »»
Jul 12, 2022 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

3 by Tamer2002 »»
Jul 12, 2022 9:07 PM

Poll: » Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

3 by Tamer2002 »»
Jul 12, 2022 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.