Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
NEVER MESS WITH THE GARY STU.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 12, 2014 2:34 PM
Oct 2013
Ha! Dude got owned!

Don't bring a gun to a knife fight.
Apr 12, 2014 2:35 PM
Jun 2009
For those of you saying that you don not understand what a CAD is etc. Watch Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Yoku Wakaru Mahouka it is a 3 episode ONA explaining how magic works etc
Apr 12, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
Haha that's what he gets for doubting our protagonist! I was wondering why the hell everyone was thinking he was weak, but he handled the vice prez in like 3 seconds lol. I knew he was going to win, but wow that was unexpected...

I enjoyed this episode, especially when Shiba said "If she wasn't my imouto, I would choose her as my lover"
Apr 12, 2014 2:38 PM
Aug 2012
Hazardous said:
For those of you saying that you don not understand what a CAD is etc. Watch Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Yoku Wakaru Mahouka it is a 3 episode ONA explaining how magic works etc

Just to add:

1st episode explains Blooms and Weeds
2nd episode explain CADs and activation sequences
3rd episode explains the political situation and also stuff related to magicians.

You can find them on Doki if you are having trouble searching or if you guys are interested.

Apr 12, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
Damn that Viceprez got his ass beat; he got shown who's the boss, and Tatsuya's face at the end. You can tell he isn't even trying. Makes you wonder just how OP he is huh?
On another note, I really do hate discrimination about skills and such, and a vice president who openly is okay with putting down and insulting an underclassman? Who put him in charge? Honestly, if anything, these blooms have their heads above the clouds..
Apr 12, 2014 2:52 PM

May 2010
I didn't expect the Vice Pres. to go down so easily ._.
Pretty good episode though. Better than the first one
Apr 12, 2014 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Why are people throwing comments around of characters being OP all the time? Just because a character is strong or has a hidden extra ability doesn't automatically make them OP, only when it gets ridiculous or very boring on the longer run you should use the term OP.
The base strength of a character you've just known about for 2 episodes isn't automatically OP when he's stronger than some arrogant other student. Ugh.

Anyway that was a nice episode, the fight was way shorter than I hoped but pretty cool nontheless though there is some explanation needed, but as I've read here the first arc is heavily focuessed on the story setting and explanations of their world so I'll just wait for it :)
Apr 12, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. Tatsuya is amazing. I'm shocked he could say all of that of being his sister lover with a straight face. Though I'm amazed he was truly willing to do this, it seems he was trying to hide this side of him. I'm amazed he went all out. Well I can't wait for the reactions next week.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 12, 2014 3:01 PM
Oct 2013
Animefanx3 said:
Why are people throwing comments around of characters being OP all the time? Just because a character is strong or has a hidden extra ability doesn't automatically make them OP, only when it gets ridiculous or very boring on the longer run you should use the term OP.
The base strength of a character you've just known about for 2 episodes isn't automatically OP when he's stronger than some arrogant other student. Ugh.

Anyway that was a nice episode, the fight was way shorter than I hoped but pretty cool nontheless though there is some explanation needed, but as I've read here the first arc is heavily focuessed on the story setting and explanations of their world so I'll just wait for it :)

He is OP. You'll understand in about two or three episodes.
Apr 12, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
Damn nice skills you have their Tatsuya, lol even a Bloom can't even read his skills XD.

Miyuki is putting her brother on the danger zone most of the time, but Tatsuya still love his sister really much.

More information in regards of magic and how they work.

Apr 12, 2014 3:10 PM
Oct 2013
Botato said:
It was obvious Tatsuya would win easily but I never expected the 'duel' to end in 2 seconds XD Already hate that guy so it felt good I guess.
I didn't understand what the hell do civilians have to do with what Erika was talking about... Can someone explain that part?

The technic she was walking about is basically like a secret that normal people aka Civilian shouldn't know about but then the other girl said (too lazy to look up names) that since its a magic school no one is really a Civilan. This is touch up on later I think but the one really big issue with magician is like i think 80%+ end up in the military or something like that, their country kinda owns them in a way.
Apr 12, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
Need.. more.. episodes.. sooner!
Apr 12, 2014 3:16 PM
May 2013
Animefanx3 said:

Exactly.

iFourier said:

A character is OP when he can beat anyone without problems. He can't do that.
Apr 12, 2014 3:18 PM

Apr 2013
This is just meh.
Apr 12, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
Wow that was a short battle
Apr 12, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
Honoka and Shizuku join the group!
Added visuals to the beginning for the OP
Mayumi :D
Instant KO. Way to go Tatsuya!
lol dem reactions.
The ED :D Miyuki :D
SandyBoiApr 12, 2014 3:23 PM
Apr 12, 2014 3:20 PM

Sep 2013
Damn that was one hell of a fast match, was sick though! Can't wait for more, loving this show!
Apr 12, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
its the weakness of all magicians. they take time to cast their spells which leaves them extremely vulnerable to faster opponents. not to mention he can see when they activate their spells. There is much more to him than meets the eyes so maybe it will be explained.
Apr 12, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
The vice president was stupid... I was surprised at how fast Tatsuya won though.
The student council (except for the vice prez) and the discipline committee seems quite amusing.

The Shiba siblings have a great relationship! A little weird though, maybe a little too great xD
Apr 2013
Every second of this has been painful for me. I'm going to have to drop it because I think I'll be braindead by episode 3 if I have to keep watching the duo of blushing little sister who requires permission from her brother to do everything and can't say anything but "oniisama" and her gary stu big brother with the personality of a plank of wood. It's even worse that there's hinted incest all over the place. Terrible.

Jan 2014
Does he take the role as part of the disciplinary team at the end? (To manga readers). For some reason, I don't want him to be part of their team and instead just be a lone wolf -_- seems more better that way but oh well
Apr 12, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
I'm just waiting for this to get better..
So far it's been boring.
Apr 12, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Ooh yes, forgot to mention, Rin's voice, does not suit her at all >_>
Seriously what the hell..
dubanimeshows said:
Does he take the role as part of the disciplinary team at the end? (To manga readers). For some reason, I don't want him to be part of their team and instead just be a lone wolf -_- seems more better that way but oh well

Apr 12, 2014 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
So far, so good. Loving this series thus far, considering the hype it got I wasn't sure what to expect at first. This has the potential to be one of the best of the season already. Hopefully it keeps it up.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 12, 2014 3:51 PM

Dec 2012
Lol at Tatsuya joking about being lovers with Miyuki.
Tatsuya owned the Vice President a the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 12, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
Chibi-Alice said:
I'm just waiting for this to get better..
So far it's been boring.

+1 nothing really happend and "epic"duel took like 5 seconds and it was over. That was disappointing.
Apr 12, 2014 3:53 PM
Nov 2010
HomeAlone said:

No he is definitely OP as hell you'll find out sooner or later
Apr 12, 2014 3:53 PM

Mar 2014
So far the first couple episodes has been enjoyable,

Let's see what next week's brings us.
Apr 12, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2014
I like Mayumi mainly cause of hinted love triangle option and she develops a sadistic side later on :)
Apr 12, 2014 4:01 PM
Jun 2010
Apr 12, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
I knew the fight was short from the LN but wow, that was way shorter than I thought lol.

For ppl to call him out as a gary stu is not right imo, you can already see him during the practicals that he had really slow (even for weeds) casting speed which is one of the fundamental areas emphasized for exams, therefore putting him in course 2 no matter how good his theoretical score is.

Apr 12, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
1. Hanzo got it coming. Glad it was tatsuya to lay him down

2. Maybe tatsuya did poorly on the exams to avoid work

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 12, 2014 4:11 PM

May 2011
This show reminds me of "Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica" minus the fan service ecchi-ness.
Apr 12, 2014 4:12 PM
Jun 2009
HomeAlone said:
Animefanx3 said:

Exactly.

iFourier said:

He can.

He's just holding back.
Apr 12, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2013
Anyone else finding that hanezawa kana's voice acting is actually kind of working with mayumi's character???
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Apr 12, 2014 4:16 PM
May 2013
MrJc said:
HomeAlone said:

No he is definitely OP as hell you'll find out sooner or later

I read 12 volumes and I don't find him OP as hell as you say. An OP character is someone who can beat anyone easily, like that guy in Hagare Yuusha. With all the magics, magicians and everything I read in this LN, I still don't see how he could do that.
Apr 12, 2014 4:16 PM
Oct 2013
Outcaster00 said:
I like Mayumi mainly cause of hinted love triangle option and she develops a sadistic side later on :)

Dat chocolate XD
Apr 12, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
billybob300c said:
1. Hanzo got it coming. Glad it was tatsuya to lay him down

2. Maybe tatsuya did poorly on the exams to avoid work

6/10

1. Right~

2. Nope, as you can see in the ep, when they were moving those block-shaped object forward, Tatsuya takes longer time to cast magic compared to Erika. As Miyuki said it's just that the methods of assessment for the practical weren't suit to judge his true powers. The same can be said to some of his Weed friends.

Apr 12, 2014 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
It was a decent episode. It's pretty obvious the MC is op, I can't wait to see him owning everyone that challenges him. The sister definitely likes him more than a brother considering how she blushed at his joke.
DrGeroCreationApr 12, 2014 4:46 PM
Apr 12, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Get rekt kid
Apr 12, 2014 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
Miyuki looks like a princess who knows nothing about the real world, always looking for her brother to assist her, witch by the way is a very strong caracter (force n personality). The way she said about the methods of practice reminded me of the vestibular, like he's good at science but it was math exam xD
Apr 12, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
Well... that was a fast knock out.

Great episode!!!
Apr 12, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Shido_Tohka said:
Anyone else finding that hanezawa kana's voice acting is actually kind of working with mayumi's character???

Yeah, it kind of is. Especially in that one scene in the episode..
Apr 12, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2011
It seems like the little sister is joining the student council while her brother joins the disciplinary committee.
Tatsuya showed the vice president that he can 1-hit KO him.
The ending is a really big cliffhanger and I can't to see the next episode.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 12, 2014 4:59 PM
Nov 2013
as OreImo with Magic continues, I find those elements to be rather off-putting
However, considering how badass Tatsuya is, I have very much been able to overlook them
Apr 12, 2014 5:05 PM
Oct 2012
I am waiting for Miyuki to cut loose, that they have built her up (class No. 1), but haven't yet shown her use any power suggests that when she does show what she has it will be good.

Good character building with Tatsuya, they didn't drag out the all too obvious fact that he is powerful, instead showing it quickly and in good fashion. Showing him doing martial arts last episode was a good segue into his ability to rapidly suppress a foe, and this of course ties into the first minute of the opening episode which showed that his was a warrior during the previous war (it also explains the relationship between Tatsuya and his sister, strange how many people seem ignorant that there are other emotions outside of lust).

So, the big question to be answered next episode is what is Tatsuya's point in pretending not to be strong. We know that his power is more natural than CAD powered, which could suggest why most people think he is weak and why he didn't score high on the entrance exam (testing for the wrong thing), could be he has some sort of PTSD from the war (which would explain why Miyuki is over protective of him), or it could be that there something bigger involved.

Figure we will know this fairly soon (probably next two episodes), the writing has, so far, been pretty crisp, so I don't think that they are going to drag that out either.

But so far enjoying the series, once again after initial disappointment in a cour, several shows start to separate themselves from the field, this is one.
Apr 12, 2014 5:06 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Tatsuya proved himself.
Apr 12, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
is this show supposed to be harem?

ost was great this episode.

i almost felt bad for the vice president but he kinda deserved it. decent build up for a fight that didn't even last 10 seconds.

i'm glad they explained what a CAD was but i still had to look it up. sounds pretty cool

also, the incest levels in this episode were running dangerously high. even if the light novels don't have any incest in them, madhouse is really projecting this show as an incest story which was obvious with miyuki's reaction to tatsuya's comment
Apr 12, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
Onii-chan is strong.
Nice episode.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.