Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2014
this episode was sort of confusing to me and i kinda wish there was some yaoi scenes later on with some of the guys lol but anyways i dont really understand want happened
Apr 12, 2014 11:31 AM
Nov 2010
I liked the episode a lot and I think it's following the manga plot line pretty well. Although, tbh, I had higher expectations of the animation and I want more colors in the scenes. It's too... grey. The opening was awesome and I thought the voice actors did a really good job at their roles. A bit fast-paced, but it's similar to the pace of the manga's beginning. Overall, it's a 4/5 for this episode. I can't wait to see how the anime will continue.
Apr 12, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2013
I didn't know that there was an anime for this. Like the episode so far. Ene's so cute.
Apr 12, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't seen/read/listened to any of the other versions of this, but I quite enjoyed it, even if the animation was obviously not perfect. I really liked the artstyle in general, though as well as the OP music.
Apr 12, 2014 11:44 AM

Jun 2013
Love that OP <3
Looks like it was kinda on a low budget though...
This looks so interesting, can't wait till next week!
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Apr 12, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2012
Disappointing first episode.

The animation looked a little low budget. There's no gloss to these characters what so ever. Must say I like Ene design so far. Also didn't understand what the plot of this is. Is it about him going outside or buying a keyboard? Op was okay I guess.

Going to give it two more episodes. Hopefully it improves.
Apr 12, 2014 11:50 AM

Feb 2014
For someone who is new to this anime and has never read anything about Mekaku, I really liked the episode. Really really interested on the rest of the series with this first episode.
Apr 12, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
Almost fell asleep. Wasn't really anything that great tbh. I'll look to see if next week is better.
Apr 12, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2012
Well... this was weird...

This animation wasn't that good >< and the way the camera keep jumping here and there really bothers me :(
Apr 12, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
I think it has a decent start, plus eme is kinda adorable. Can't wait to see everyone else.
Apr 12, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2011
Kana Asumi talking the whole episode. I am okay with this.
Apr 12, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
1. i'd always see pp on youtube singing songs w/ these characters in mind. the stories there feel deep

2. would be nice to have a talking AI on pc

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 12, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2008
Was kind of just an ok episode. The animation wasn't really great, the robbery scene was pretty meh, and they changed some things from the manga but that didn't really bother me. For me Shaft's style of animation only works for certain shows hopefully it'll work for this show but idk. I'm hopeful for improvement.

Breath||
Apr 12, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
Actually I liked it. I was expecting more colors and things of the sort though.

Will see how this turns out!
Apr 12, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
I'm actually surprised as to the amount of people complaining about the animation. I for one thought it was pretty damn good. SHAFT honestly suits this type of show especially since KagePro is ambiguous till explained (but hints a lot). Anyways I really can't wait until the next episode ahha dflkasjdfkasdf, it was my dream to see Kano animated and I am not disappointed.
Apr 12, 2014 12:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
My first reaction was definitely that this seems low budget, but the SHAFT style fits here more than I think it does with Nisekoi. That being said, I liked the episode. It was interesting, albeit confusing. Can't wait to see how this unfolds, especially looking at the ED.
Apr 12, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
Not too bad for a first episode.
I might stick around to watch if it gets even more interesting.

Ene looks like an interesting yet annoying program to have.
Poor Shintaro for having the worst "Welcome Back To Reality!" gift in the form of a terrorist attack.
Also, looks like there is a mystery scene of some sort there at the end that is giving me a bad omen.
But, it might be just me.

I guess I'll check out another episode or two and see what happens!
Apr 12, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2012
I feel like the animation is fine so far, since (like Laciie said) the story is so ambiguous right now. I do expect it to get a little more diverse and detailed once we start getting into things, though.
Apr 12, 2014 12:23 PM
Jun 2013
Probably just the animation style and clothing, but Ene looks fat.
Apr 12, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
Those signature head tilts
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
Wouldn't say its bad animation but it is pretty jerky and rough, (though most of shafts shows are like that), anyway Shaft fixes their stuff always for their bds. Story so far is a little confusing but I'll watch it through :].

Apr 2010
Man did most of the people complaining even watch it...? I had pretty high expectations as a Kagepro fan and they were all exceeded.

To those complaining about the animation: the animation seems lazy when compared to? The animation was just as good, if not better than any number of series out this season. Most of it you can chalk up to SHAFT's animation style as they like to be creative, but even then most of the backdrops were really well drawn.

And now 'it was confusing'. It's supposed to be. The source material (the LNs and even the manga) are just as ambiguous at this point, but a lot of it gets explained soon - next episode, actually. It's just that kind of story. As for inconsistencies with the manga... I'm not sure if they're using that or the LNs as the source material. Probably not the manga since it's recently taken an original story route.

Dec 2012
People keep bashing Shaft for such a bad animation,or "oh they were so busy making Nisekoi awesome that forgot about Kagepro!". Actually not. We're talking about SHAFT here. Most probably they did that on purpose to somehow bring the vibes of the video songs IMO.
Apr 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
First episode was pretty cool, bit confusing at some points though but ill keep watching to see what happens next.
Apr 12, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
They are handling this really well. It seems they are primarily following the manga.

http://i.imgur.com/pCPxPgd.gif
YEEEEEESSSSSSSS I AM SO READY FOR HIBIYA'S PART
VioLinkApr 12, 2014 12:39 PM
[center]
Apr 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
I absolutely hate the fact that we will get only 1 cour = they will probably have to cut lots from story.Everything would be just perfect if they did 2 cours (the series has so much potential for it).Neverthless, i think it was pretty DAMN good.Animation wasnt bad at all, just felt very SHAFTy, which i like (never tought so many people dislike SHAFT tho, but seeing this thread made me change my mind).
Gotta love Ene, and Kido was there for a second!

Also, OP is great.As expected from Jin.
incompleteAEGISApr 12, 2014 4:02 PM
Apr 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2012
nice ED
Feels like there needs to be a psychological/ mystery tag. Not sure what is going on at the end but we shall see! Great first episode and very Bake style.

edit: does he get shot at the end?

Apr 12, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2011
In my opinion the episode was average with nothing interesting at all.
I hope that at least the next episode will be better.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 2013
I don't get why everyone is complaining, the animation seems to suit this show pretty well.
It was a good first episode, except it left me super confused. Hopefully we get an explanation or something in the next episode.

Oct 2011
Love the Op song !!!
Apr 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2011
iLostReason said:
I absolutely hate the fact that we will get only 1 cour = they will probably have to cut lots from story.Everything would be just perfect if they did 2 cours (the series has so much potential for it).

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Jin is handling the script writing so I've put my faith in him, I don't think the original creator himself can frick up that badly. But we'll see! So far I'm very excited
Apr 12, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
That was so Shaft I can't even...XD

Well, lots of randomness there.

Shintaro reminds me of Araragi for some reason XD And all I can think about when I hear Ene is a virtual Naruko XD That's quite some suffering to live with XD

Shuuya is damn crazy XD

I'm sure this was just an introductory ep so it should get more interesting when other character are introduced.

But for now friggin loved the ED or was that the OP? Anyway loved it. So catchy ^^
Apr 12, 2014 12:42 PM

Dec 2007
My problem was that there not enough close ups at many places in the episode, and for that reason I couldn't connect to the characters well enough, and the art was choppy. Other than that, it was a good start, but I expected it to be better, it kinda feels the budget isn't high enough which is quite a shame.
The OP was really good though.

If they fix a lot of stuff in the BDs maybe it's best for me to wait for them, since it's only 11 episodes. I'll give the second episode a chance to see if the overall quality improves.
Apr 12, 2014 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
It's finally here, I can't believe it's an anime now! The OP is great, as expected from Jin and sung by MARiA, amazing.

It was a good start. I think it could be very confusing for people who doesn't know the story before. Well, isn't that Kagerou Project plot about? A confusing mistery aura...

The animation could be better, although they did a great work in general, specially with the most important scenes. I think the mixture between Kagepro and SHAFT style works pretty well. Sadly, is not something new.

I hope people enjoy the story of the boys and girls who face forward. Personally, I'm so happy for Jin, Shidu, Wannyanpu and everyone who were working hard for this project until the day of its airing.
_HatsuneApr 12, 2014 12:55 PM
Apr 12, 2014 12:43 PM
Apr 2013
Okay checklist time:

Meaningless head tilt, check!
Meaningless closeups, check!
Frequent jump cuts that happen to be meaningless, check!
Overly glossy look to the point of being off-putting, check!
Meaningless Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei "I'm in despair" head turn closeup, check!

There's such a thing as a unique style being a bad thing.

SHAFT proves this time and again.

I don't even know if this animation studio is interested in bringing stories to life via animation or just showing off the same techniques they use in every show they animate as fan-service for fans of their work.

Will probably be staying away from anything this studio animates henceforth.

Not only do they pick uninteresting work they add insult to injury by using this horrible style that prevents you from at least giving said work a try.

Kore wa pass desu.

Apr 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
Laciie said:
iLostReason said:
I absolutely hate the fact that we will get only 1 cour = they will probably have to cut lots from story.Everything would be just perfect if they did 2 cours (the series has so much potential for it).

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Jin is handling the script writing so I've put my faith in him, I don't think the original creator himself can frick up that badly. But we'll see! So far I'm very excited
Im trying really hard to have faith in Jin as well, but there are many important things to cover which cant be done just like that~, and im not so sure if 11-12 episode will be enough to cover everything perfectly (it also depends in how much material they will want to do), but yeah i agree, for now we will just have to wait and see.Im excited as well, its just that im probably worried even more, but thats just me.
Apr 12, 2014 12:49 PM
Mar 2014
My life is finally complete. . .
Oh but darling, we're all insane. . .

Apr 12, 2014 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
As an outsider to the series all I can say is WTF ?
That AI is cute though.

Apparently the majority fans didn't like it:
https://i.4cdn.org/a/src/1397330058215.jpg "NND rating"
JoksPacifistApr 12, 2014 12:58 PM
Apr 12, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
well this shit is better than Mahouka lol

does Kisaragi die at the end? there's a bullet hole on the computer screen
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Apr 12, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2013
More of SHAFT's boring shtick. Easy drop
Apr 12, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
Are people seriously complaining about the "Shaftiness" of this anime? Shaft is fucking perfect for this adaptation, honestly.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Apr 12, 2014 1:04 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Love SHAFT
Love KagePro

I have been waiting ever since I started listening to the Kagerou Project, and it is finally here!

The OP is amazing, seeing that SetoxMary moment in it warms my heart. Can't wait to see more of Mary in this show! I didn't think they were gonna introduce Azami so quickly, was expecting her to come out in like 3 more episodes.
I cannot wait till the second episode!

Lols @ people complaining at SHAFT, Shidu's PV for all the songs are all similar to SHAFT. I mean go watch Yobanashi Deceive, Outer Science, Otsukimi Recital... they are all edited in a unique way and I feel like SHAFT would be the best choice to pick up off that. I'll agree that SHAFT could have done better, but I can imagine any other studio to pick it up.

though.. if KyoAni did... I may get this cute version of Mary and my life would be complete, but I don't mind the SHAFT/Shidu Mary
ZelotApr 12, 2014 1:41 PM
Apr 12, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2013
I like how the series takes a jab at anime critics and associating them with NEETS LOL
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Apr 12, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
lol I keep thinking of Clannad because of Nagisa's voice actor...

Also, as others have said, the overdone artsyness ruins the ability to tell a story, and breaks the flow. It's really hard to actually get the story out of this when there are random head-tilts everywhere and the background characters are gray blobs. Also, the surrealism doesn't really work well, for me specifically. It works better with PMMM or Nisekoi. But it's all up to the person watching this.

Not sure what this show will be about still, but will keep watching.
Apr 12, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2011
Early discussion seems dominated by Shaft lovers and haters. I think the Shaft style works for what I've seen of the story in episode 1. As a non-reader/non-listener I'm a little confused about where this is going, but I'm happy to stay along for the ride. I want an AI like Ene...of course then I'd be tempted to never leave the house as well...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 12, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
So a NEET finally goes outside after a long time and becomes a hostage by terrorists, bad luck Brian I guess. The ending was a little confusing, looking forward to next episode though.
DizzeeApr 12, 2014 1:21 PM
Apr 12, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Sigh...shaft ruining it.

and i was so excited for this too. I just knew shaft animating it would be a disaster. very disappointing first ep.

3/5 only cuz I still love kagepro </3
Apr 12, 2014 1:21 PM
Jan 2014
It's aesthetically pleasing, I'll give it that. Though I will say that the way they animated Shintaro's keyboard strokes are a little choppy. I'll follow the series regardless because of my bias, haha.
Apr 12, 2014 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
I mean the concept so far I really dig but it's just so low budget you know. The story needs to pick up quickly to keep me around but like said, I'm interested.
Apr 12, 2014 1:24 PM

May 2013
*sigh* It's sad to see so many people turned off by the first episode, but for those who weren't familiar with the light novels, PV's, or manga, I can see how they would be. (the 'plot' should be explained in the next ep. for those still baffled-- though it'll really only scratch the surface of what's really going on haha)

But for those who thought it was boring, the story is the complete opposite-- it's actually really complex and intriguing, and the characters have great personalities and backstories-- how the anime will manage to pull it off though, has yet to be seen (since it's only the first ep). So what i'm saying is, even if you dislike the anime, the source material is still worth a look.

The animation/art was indeed meh at some parts. I didn't care for the whole red and grey thing with the mall scene, but it fit the mood (I think people need to look at it from a slightly more artistic perspective). For anyone familiar with Kagerou Project, SHAFT actually did a nice job style-wise.

Lastly, the anime is being written by the creator of the series. Literally everything is written or watched over by him (he even wrote the entire script by himself), and he created the OP and ED. So more than likely the reason the anime is so short is because of the sheer amount of work it is for him (poor Jin-- he still has to work on the next LN and continue writing the plot for the manga).
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.