MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4] »
Poll: Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 24 Discussion

09-16-09, 2:05 AM

Clothing-destruction incident still happens, but is totally than the VN. Gotta hand it to TV Tokyo censorship..
Sore wa himitsu desu.

09-16-09, 4:41 AM

Subs are out!

But I probably didn't need to tell you guys XD

09-16-09, 7:09 AM

Build-up episode and we finally get to see Cal's gentler side (and twisted side as well)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

09-16-09, 7:35 AM

Not a bad episode, but it probably would be impossible to drag this out any longer

09-16-09, 11:05 AM

I hope that's not all the flashback that we get from Cal, since it didn't do anything but underscore what she's been saying for a month now. I don't get the sudden turn from her, crying in front her hostage like that. All it says to me is that she clearly lost her mind.

Overall, not a bad episode, but not a good one either. I still think things are chugging along, and considering it's the end, it's just very weird.

09-16-09, 11:12 AM

Good Episode.
I don't really want Drei or Elen to die but if one has to, well I'd rather see Drei die.
Ya know I miss Cal a lot and, seeing her in the flashback in this episode made me want to go rewatch all her episodes. I really, REALLY, love Cal but evil, psycho, Drei not so much...

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO

09-16-09, 12:40 PM

well the next episode is the clash...

09-16-09, 12:54 PM

finally watch this epd, good build-up

i hope elen doesn't get killed.

09-16-09, 2:01 PM

For some reason this episode made me notice that the Mio in this anime "somewhat but not a lot" reminds me of the Mio from K-ON!

09-16-09, 2:42 PM

ZZZZ...ZZZZ...ZZZZ.... Oh, everyone, could you tell me what happened? The only thing that kept my eyes open hollowly and all my brain could record was Cal so yeah... No idea what just happened in this ep other than stuffs about Cal <_<

Poor Cal, if only I can lend her my bosom when she was crying... ;(

neverless said:
For some reason this episode made me notice that the Mio in this anime "somewhat but not a lot" reminds me of the Mio from K-ON!

Duh, no Shimapan =/= Mio <_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

09-16-09, 3:08 PM

This was the first episode where I was tempted to skip a minute or two. I hope the last two episodes will be worth it. This was the first series to have me watch every second and minute.

09-16-09, 3:12 PM

I liked the music during the scene with Scythe Master. You could feel his joy at the successful completion of his masterpiece. It was one of those "Hell yeah, science has triumphed!" scenes.
No man fails if he does his best
-Orison Swett Marden

09-16-09, 3:31 PM

About Scythe, I wonder when he'll get dumped by his work. It has to happen some time.

09-16-09, 4:33 PM

kerobear said:
LadyOrihime said:
Good ep. I don't like the look of Reiji's face when he's on the phone in the preview, though :(

A friend of mine translated the summary that's posted on the official site for episode 25. If anyone wants it, let me know...there is a big hint about what is most likely going to happen.

And a picture on the Phantom blog:

Hey wow, put spoilers around your post if you're gonna talk about another spoiler. I did it for you just now (so as to not ruin it for other people looking at this post). But yeah, thanks a lot, I didn't want to know what the pic was about but now I do. :/

Anyway, good episode, hope things pick up for the finale.
Modified by Mutant-Ing, 09-16-09, 4:39 PM

09-16-09, 6:01 PM

Xizel said:
Well, think about it. Three new assassins are rolling out. My prediction is that Reiji will calm Cal down and then they team up to destroy those new assassins. After all, Cal is a main character, a hated and unwanted one at that.

P.S. Goodness gracious, when the hell is this episode getting subbed.

Basically what I mentioned last episode and the episode before. It feels to much like SM's women will show up at the right time and divert Ein, Cal, and Reiji's attention away from killing each other. I really hope they don't rush the ending.

09-16-09, 6:54 PM

HOW I really want this anime to end is reiiji finding a way to convince cal to forgive him and then they join forces to kill the scythe master and kill the hinderswarchen or something...and then they live happily ever after...of course reiji will have to choose between 3 girls...

09-16-09, 7:32 PM

Cal is like a sadist xD haha ...

so violent ... although i dont think she enjoy it ... but its kinda sad

09-16-09, 7:41 PM

It feels like nothing happened in this episode.

I was excited at first but now I just want it to end D:

09-16-09, 8:17 PM

This series has been a constant roller coaster. last three episodes were so-so, but this one was great and it looks like it will be an exciting (albeit predictable) conclusion.

The only thing I don't understand is how they will be able to cram the Reiji, Eren, Cal fight with the new assassin fight.... Could prove to be a pacing issue.

09-16-09, 9:32 PM

Im kinda starting to sympathize cal a bit more.
But. eren is still my favourite. It was a very emotion episode. Nearly cried, but held it in=]
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL

09-17-09, 6:51 AM

ok episode, watching the Cal flashback and seeing her crying reiji name was heartbreaking to say the least, though the lead-up to it was a little underwhelming. Doesn't look good for Cal if you listen to the next episode preview :/ plus the last shot of her looked quite tragic, 'Redemption for Cal.. even in her dreams..' Fingers Crossed that Cal has a happy ending. Seen the 'preview' pictures but I'll wait to watch the episode since it could be misleading.

09-17-09, 8:39 AM

The direction is getting weaker with every passing episode. Nothing much to add, it was another semi-filler, but I guess the climax will happen out of nowhere in the next two episodes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

09-17-09, 12:59 PM

It felt like is was dragging a little bit in the middle but the later in the second half it got better. Poor Mio having to go through all of that. Hopefully there will be a satisfying ending...(my ideal ending is sycthe master dying...almost doesn't even matter what else happens).

09-17-09, 3:28 PM

Nice episode, but it was a bit slow.

Reiji did nothing at all. :-|

I like Mio more than Cal, because, as it has already been said, Cal's reason for hating Reiji is just stupid. And why the hell treating Mio like that? She did nothing. Cal's just a sad envious bitch.
Xizel said:
I have a very heavy feeling that one of the two is going to die. I'll smack myself if Ein dies and throw a party if Cals die. If they both live, I'll do nothing.
Same here, lol.
I just hope Reiji, Elen, and Mio don't die, and Scythe goes to hell.

09-17-09, 6:28 PM

I was a little late watching this one but i liked it.
The last scene put the fear on my heart than only Reiji would stay alive. Both Cal and Ein seemed to say there goodbye words. The other phantoms appearing might help the situation though.

Scythe Master doing his creepy creme thing in young nude female bodies. He looked so happy now that he has his own harem. By the way they put some black censoring, i wonder if that will be removed in the blu-ray version.

Did Cal do anything to Mio after she torned her clothes? They didn't show us anything but she said she's gone make her feel how it is to suffer and Mio was quite scared when she woke up. She fainted just from getting her shirt torned?

Well it looks to me like Cal wants to die. She can't admit that she still loves Reiji and ask him to go with him and she lives on a fake hate that she knows she doesn't really have, so she probably feels empty right now. Maybe that's why at least fighting Ein makes her feel good.
On the other hand Ein really has grown up from the puppet she used to be. She is very matured now. A real woman, while Cal is more like a confused child or teenager. But i guess that's her age despite how she looks.

09-17-09, 6:45 PM

As someone else said, this was a build-up episode; therefore, its worth will be heavily dependent on what the next episode or two will be like, with the climax and all (Speaking of climax, the strange orgasm BGM got thrown in there again very randomly, right when Cal tore Mio's shirt >.> I had to LOL.)

For now, though, I thought it was a decent episode, being what it was - I'm not hating it but I'm not jumping with excitement, either. I did like Ein's lead-out, which is notable for me since she's always been a rather "flat" character in my mind. I'm interested to see how well SM's new creations fare in battle, but since there's only two episodes left, I'm doubtful that they'll manage to have a huge impact on the main plot.

09-17-09, 11:35 PM

RenaPsychoKiller said:
Nice episode, but it was a bit slow.

Reiji did nothing at all. :-|

I like Mio more than Cal, because, as it has already been said, Cal's reason for hating Reiji is just stupid. And why the hell treating Mio like that? She did nothing. Cal's just a sad envious bitch.

Kanye West: "I will let you finish but Cal has one of the best reason of all time!!!"

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

09-17-09, 11:53 PM

^ Had to laugh at that one there, BitchMaster

09-18-09, 11:30 AM

i only started watching phantom yesterday and im already up to date, its an amazing anime. Really lookin forward to next ep. 2 things im rather confused about: 1) Why the hell did cal suddenly turn so mature? she looks 20ish even tho shes like the youngest character. 2) ever since reiji stopped being phantom, he degraded, its kinda disappointing to see someone else stronger than him + i liked his old hairstyle, shudnt hav changed it T-T.

Join Hagiwara Natsuki's (ane doki) club here
Join Club dedicated to Anime Musicians here
Join club for Bass fans here

09-18-09, 8:50 PM

Things would've been MUCH MUCH easier if Reiji said something like "I thought you were dead!!!" when he saw Cal all grown up for the 1st time. Cal's a jerk but she has her reasons due to Scythe's mind-bending...

No sympathy for Lizzie? Oh c'mon, she was one of the most reliable non-psychotic people in here.

Only people I really wanna see dead is Scythe Master. I mean really... >.>

09-19-09, 4:40 PM

Don't do it!
Mio's got quite a mindset O.o
And then we have Cal, going bat-shit crazy as usual xD. Also, Cal's theme is strange >.>

Weee the glorious Scythe it fabulous, seriously : D
He's awesome : 3

So, will they get rid of both Elen anc Cal now? Or Elen kills Cal? Or Cal kills Elen?
Or maybe they both fail in killing each other, and Reiji comes and stops them, and somehow miraculously manages to make peace with Cal, whereas the phantoms that Scythe "developed" come in and do something brutal? Oh really there are many ways in which this could end xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

09-19-09, 9:44 PM

09-20-09, 5:50 AM

Cal............... why did she have to be so irritating, she was an awesome character at the start and had to become such a ....

Awesome Sig by Lailide

09-21-09, 1:01 AM

Mio looked good in this ep ; )

It's sad that Cal has no place to go and nobody she can rely to.

Scythe Master and his lube/oil fetish, he's so dumb XD
"Zahlenschwestern", your way of naming people sucks hard.
die already.

sorry I lost my temper

09-23-09, 4:27 AM

Even though this series has taken a major nose dive imo... I'll still be a bit saddened to see the series come to an end. Anyway, my major complaint is the direction the character's personalities have gone... Reiji being a pussy, Cal being a crazy bitch, and Ein... well she is still alright.
Dead Account
Please Delete

10-03-09, 12:38 PM

Why is Reiji still hesitating..!?

10-07-09, 3:30 PM

good episode!one of the best of this anime! good drama and action!

10-11-09, 11:07 PM

FUCK! They shouldn't be the one who's fighting. They all should team up and beat the robots Scythe made.

Ein+Zwei+Drei! I guess it'll never happen since the way I see this is that Ein and Drei will fight for Zwei. :(

DON'T DIE EIN! I don't have any problems with Cal if she die but NOOO EIN, DON'T DIE! AND FUCK YOU ZWEI, STOP HESITATING AND KILL CAL ALREADY! :D

YOU ONLY NEED EIN IN YOUR LIFE!

03-07-11, 8:12 AM

While Reiji and Cal were waiting for the song to finish why could they not have talked about what happened on that night the house exploded.

03-11-12, 11:33 PM

I'm so mad, so mad, so mad.

hi

03-16-12, 11:56 PM

Elen is probably going to die unfortunately. =/

04-14-12, 7:45 PM

I don't know what Scythe master is planning, but it looks like he's going to kill Reiji, Elen, and possibly Elen. Maybe they could team up in the next two episodes. I seriously doubt that his new perfect experiments would actually be effective.

07-09-12, 10:55 PM

Cal went too far with her treatment of Mio. Still she finally seemed to show some regret. I'm not sure how they can wrap all this up with such few remaining episodes.

So now Inferno wants to kill all the former phantoms with Scythe and his new puppets. Sscythe is still such a creepy old bastard.

I really kind of wish Mio, and Reji a happy ending. Even Erin and Cal. I feel bad for Cal still.

Reji though never wanted to be a part of this, or to get Cal or Mio into it. Yet the poor guy has been stuck with such a shitty situation.

Mio is quite devoted to still love Reji. The guy is good with girls though despite never having a good outcome.

07-28-12, 11:05 PM

HogPlum said:
I have a very heavy feeling that one of the two is going to die. I'll smack myself if Ein dies and throw a party if Cals die. If they both live, I'll do nothing.

If Ein dies I'll be celebrating. If Cal dies I'm dropping the show.

09-02-12, 4:52 PM

Baka Cal. Jeez she's really stupid acting like that... What a waste of a nice girl.

Hope Eren can kick her ass.

5/5 episode loved it.

10-16-12, 11:20 AM

So now Cal is showing some humanity? After killing Lizzy in cold blood like it was nothing? WTF.

At this point, all I want from this series is for Scythemaster to die violently. Preferably at the hands of Reiji.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

11-06-12, 6:44 PM

Aright episode. Felt the episode dragged too long.
How Mio can sleep whille Cal ripped her clothes off? lol.
Conclusion episode things can go either way. Schye is doing something big with those phamtom masks. Can't wait for the final fight.
3/5

01-06-13, 4:51 PM

So Eren lied to Reiji and went with her plan anyway. I guess it was for the best.

I like how Cal finally lost her composure and went crazy on Mio, her dialogue was pretty meaningful too since Mio really has no idea at all what the world outside her comfort zone is like. I was a little disheartened at the scene afterwards but, that "farewell" sounded much more meaningful than an apology to me, so Cal is in the good books again :). (Also she told Eren her location and to bring her clothing).

Also, when Cal began to laugh, then cry and wimper out Reiji's name, it was really heart-felt. It's as if you could even feel her frustration and pain. Cal, hang in there!

So the duel between Ein and Drei is set, Mio is "safe", and Mio's mom has noticed something about Reiji...

Oh yeah, Scythe is up to no good yet again.

5/5

The real finale starts here!

01-16-13, 12:10 AM

Cal's personality change and look was too sudden for 2 years. It kind of kills the old smart little girl image of her when she is a completely illogical person now.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

03-01-13, 12:57 PM

This episode is the best so far, and i don't even think the 2 final episodes will beat it! It was so very very touching!

Pages (2) 0.4 [1.4] »