Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
So I was right all along. I was already expecting it to end with him confessing to chihiro. yay xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 11, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2012
Heh, the next chapter should be fun it's just the right sum of suspension. Its finally Chihiro's moment of power :P. I would love to see him get rejected and start his last conquest with the other girls being hindrances :P. As usually it will be an open ending...
Apr 11, 2014 8:38 AM
Oct 2009
...end it already >_>
Apr 11, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2009
YES. I was shipping either Chihiro or Tenri. Sad that Tenri wont get Keima at the end but Chihiro... Chihiro... YESSS

Is it true next chapter is the last one? Gonna miss this.

Agree with everyone though, these last chapters are quite rushed.
Apr 11, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2008
Chihiro? Are you kidding me? -1 from the score for that. And I though Elsie suddenly getting so attached to Keima with pretty much no bonding or anything signaling it before was pulled out of someone's ass...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 11, 2014 8:54 AM
Jan 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
BEST GIRL WON

FUCK YES
Apr 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
Antanaru said:
Chihiro? Are you kidding me? -1 from the score for that. And I though Elsie suddenly getting so attached to Keima with pretty much no bonding or anything signaling it before was pulled out of someone's ass...

What are you on about? Elsie has always been very attached to Keima

Also like someone in the Batoto comments posted Elsie finally became a true little sister fulfilling the BMW that Keima set out.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/8040/the-world-god-only-knows_v1_ch2_by_red-hawk-scans/15
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 11, 2014 9:03 AM
Jan 2014
Antanaru said:
Chapter 255. Did you even read it?
Apr 11, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2011
Chihiro better make him work for it this time around!
Apr 11, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2011
Ah. Health. That's why.

Makes sense that this ends this quickly then. Hope Wakaki will get better..and then do a Haqua spin-off. :P
Apr 11, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2010
I agree that it has been a bit rushed...but its pretty easy to tell what happened...The Goddesses defeated Elsie and were able to grant her wish of always being by Keima's side. I was expecting a bigger battle though...

But a Chihiro ending?! I didn't expect him to end up with anyone! Seeing as how Chihiro and Keima are my OTP of this series, I couldn't be happier...Too bad its ending so soon. But, I hope the conclusion will have a considerable amount of weight to it!
Apr 11, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
DeadIEnd said:
Okay, nobody saw this coming.

Nope I knew Chihiro would be the final girl ever since the rooftop scene and the concert. I thought it was kinda obvious. And there are others who saw it too.

But I think Chihiro would reject him because of what he did to her. They will still be friends and continue from there. The ending won't show them being together straight away.
Apr 11, 2014 9:26 AM

Mar 2013
As much as I didn't want a Chihiro ending it I understand why the author would choose this ending since the ending of the goddess arc and the inner conflict Keima faces throughout the jupiter arc leads to this. Would have loved to have more chapters explaining the aftermath with all the characters, but overall I'm really satisfied with the series and hope the final chapter can conclude this series nicely! Never expected this manga to take such a deep turn in terms of story from the beginning when I first read it.
Apr 11, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
It is rushed, it's the truth. But I saw this coming,The Goddess Host completely forgot about all that happened and Elsie's existence altered. A Chihiro ending would be the best ending IMO, she's the most humane charcter in the series. I think they will officially be couple on the next chapter.
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 11, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
i dont mind an ending like this
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 11, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2009
I think it is a suitable ending. The point of Keima's quest was to finish the quest fast so that he could go back to his games. He accomplished it and got out of it with a richer experience to life.

I am happy he found something else in life than games: Chihiro. You should be happy for him.
Apr 11, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
Well this was unexpected, but, I like it!

All praise our Kami!
Apr 11, 2014 10:05 AM
May 2012
FEELS OVERLOAD!
The Elsie choosing what she really wants, and the Keima confessing to the one he really loved.
It doesn't need to be slower as an ending because miracles happens very fast.
Just feels...I've been following this manga for 5 years of my life (okay maybe less but you get the point) and I've never felt so good after and ending.
Apr 11, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
GOD YES!! Chihiro ftw!

She's the only one who truly loved Keima before he pulled off any of his power moves. This was destined to be the ending. Now, I'm wondering if she's remembered anything at all of what has happened in the past. I'm assuming that her memory might be cleared as well. So, then this will be the start of the "new game" for Katsuragi. The courting and creating of a true relationship with Chihiro. And I feel like starting from the beginning is just what Keima truly wants.
Apr 11, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Rejoice Chihiro fans.

;o

And next time is the finale chapter! Oh boy. I'm going to miss this manga already. Nice to see the world they are in is not some hellish hole though.
Apr 11, 2014 10:19 AM
Jun 2013
I don't mind the Chihiro ending, being sort of a fan myself..
But I feel bad for Tenri.. I mean, all that development and devotion to Keima's plan.. And this happens. I mean, I just hope there's some closure between the two of them, cause it's just too sad thinking that nothing came out of what she did besides saving the world.

And the whole fact that Haqua and Nora don't remember Elsie is also painful.
That friendship they built, and it's gone.

I don't mind how things turned out but all the sacrifices made for the ending was painful to realize.

*EDIT* Oh come on, how come no one mentions Elise doing Keima's catch phrase near the end?
Questerdude1Apr 11, 2014 10:25 AM
Apr 11, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
While I like Tenri more I wanted Keima to end up with Chihiro. Rushed indeed though.

Also lol at people so upset at this that they're claiming Chihiro is an unimportant side character. She is what allowed Keima to move forward and come closer to reality. Being a normal girl and having had that much impact on him it's most fitting that he ended up with her if he had to end up with anyone.
removed-userApr 11, 2014 11:32 AM
Apr 11, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
Slicer22 said:
It was 'the ditz' kind of clinging, not something justifying her decision to pretty much rewrite the world...

Stormatix said:
And that's enough for you? 250 chapters of nothing and then one small 'big reveal'? I don't buy it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 11, 2014 11:26 AM
Mar 2010
End of the road huh?
It sure has been one joyful journey, but i'm left a bit unsatisfied by this whole ordeal with time and i don't see how it was a necessity for the overall story be connected in such a way.
Something about this just feel out of place and was kind of made needlessly complicated for reasons that has yet to be explained in full detail and i just going around in circles without any satisfying results.
Apr 11, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
The ending feels rushed and I feel like something is missing.
The Chihiro ending was kind of obvious ...
I feel sorry for Tenri :'(
Apr 11, 2014 11:54 AM
Jan 2014
Antanaru said:
Slicer22 said:
It was 'the ditz' kind of clinging, not something justifying her decision to pretty much rewrite the world...

Stormatix said:
And that's enough for you? 250 chapters of nothing and then one small 'big reveal'? I don't buy it.
http://www.redhawkscans.com/showthread.php?1298-TWGOK-Latest-Chapter-Discussion/page251 Jump to Sonoci's comment if you want the Chihiro ending explained.
The person who wrote this did an excellent analysis and deserves a pat on the head.

Edit: I'll bring up a giant wall of Elsie-proof later. I can't do it efficiently on my Kindle.

Edit 2: The next link here http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_world_god_only_knows/en/0/2/page/17
In these two, she is stating that she's part of the family too. It doesn't get anymore obvious than this, kids.
http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_world_god_only_knows/en/0/249/page/15
http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_world_god_only_knows/en/0/202/page/12
Hell, they spent an ENTIRE day together in chapter 103
http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_world_god_only_knows/en/0/103/page/9
PrinterApr 11, 2014 2:55 PM
Apr 11, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2012
Good chapter. Now Elsie is officially Keima sister named Eri :D. The confessing was expected because final chapter of Godess arc he did say my first love about Chihiro. Why MAL says 271 while the chapter says next week is the final chapter.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Apr 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2012
As far as i can remember, this was probably the first time i raised my arms and shouted triumphantly in front of my monitor. Two major wins in this chapter : Elsie survived and became a legit cute little sister, and of course Chihiro! FUCK YES!!

Now i hope Keima wasn't joking or pulling another trick on Chihiro. And if he's serious about the confession, i do hope that Chihiro will accept it. Btw, what about Tenri? Before i read this chapter, i was pretty sure that she has the biggest chance to win.

Kinda sad that Haqua couldn't remember Elsie anymore, but that's for the best. I'm ready for the next chapter. Thank you, Wakaki Sensei <3

p.s

i still wanna see Nikaido says onii-chan in front of Keima
ChoroshiApr 11, 2014 1:00 PM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 11, 2014 12:59 PM

Sep 2007
Chihiro ending. *_______*
CHIHIRO ENDING !
Apr 11, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit, Chihiro fucking win! Yay~
It really caught me off guard though.
Apr 11, 2014 1:11 PM
Apr 2013
I am still hesitant to sound the victory siren on Chihiro, considering the author could pull some serious troll shit next chapter. But if Chihiro did indeed win, well slap my ass and call me sally, my favorite girl actually pulled a come from behind victory. I'll give the manga a 7 though. Even with this favorable development for me I still think the ending has been really rushed and the past arc was AWFUL. It never got backed to the level of intensity and tension I felt during the goddess arc. That shit was gold.
Apr 11, 2014 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I FUCKING KNEW IT WOULD BE CHIHIRO!
It really makes the most sense, though, all things considered.

That aside, however, this wasn't a very good chapter, it felt like I missed a chapter or two.
Apr 11, 2014 1:58 PM
Jan 2013
I feel like all the girls' memories were erased, and Chihiro was picked as the "end" girl because she was the only one who truly loved Keima before all this started. Also, Elsie wasn't picked because she's more of a sister (Well she IS his sister now) than a romantic interest.
Apr 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2007
SCREW THIS. Why is it that every f***ing time they have to choose the worst girl from the cast?! ANYONE would be better, and they just HAD TO go and choose Chihiro. BECAUSE DULL AND BORING GIRLS WIN.

Ironic, considering that Chihiro was the very embodiment of everything Keima hated in 2D. Oh, but she fell in love with him, so automatically that makes him fall in love with her. Because that's how it's supposed to work.

SCREW YOU GUYS.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Apr 11, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2009
Chapter 189 :3
Apr 11, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Maurox said:
Ironic, considering that Chihiro was the very embodiment of everything Keima hated in 2D. Oh, but she fell in love with him, so automatically that makes him fall in love with her. Because that's how it's supposed to work.
Seems you missed all of his development in the past 100 chapters.
Apr 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
Next chapter the final chapter.
To the ending not even god knows.

WHAT!!!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

It can't end next chapter there is so much that can still be explained and expanded upon. NO! :(

Great chapter!!!
Apr 11, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Well.......man,i can only say IT WAS FU*KING RUSHED,i personaly dont like the Chihiro end,id rather see him confess to every single girl he conquered or something like that.But the saddest part is i started reading this manga like a month ago got to this chapter today and i was like WTF!!!!!!!,tho i agree with the Chihiro fans she truly loves him,but so does Tenri so not sure,but as he said The Ending God Only Knows....(A harem???).Anything can happen we will just need to wait this week or two.But im sad its the END.
Apr 11, 2014 2:31 PM
Feb 2010
F*** YESSSS!! I thought it must be like this but didn't believe it would. The final panels of the Goddess arc prompted this outcome, but to think the mangaka did really have guts to do it.

Some real surprise might come with the final chapter, though.

Anyway, excellent series, despite the last arc being not that good. It was really a nice ride.
Apr 11, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2011
inb4 next chapter "Of course, that's a joke. I only love games!"...

P-Please tell me that's the case...
Apr 11, 2014 3:03 PM

Dec 2010
Nooooo, why Chihiro?!!!
Apr 11, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
Not Chihiro :(
Apr 11, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2013
What the heck happened to Elsie? Meh, so he loves Chihiro. What a disappointment.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 11, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2008
Habares said:
What a disappointing ending of a good manga. It went downhill since it reached its peak with goddesses arc. Just another example that Japanese authors have giant problems to close their stories well.

You mean one of the best arc in the entire series that turned most inconsistencies into something that actually make sense as well as having a lot of important development to flesh out how the characters changed through the story is an example of something that went downhill?

What the fuck were you reading?

There's a clear difference between a manga that get purposely dragged on and something that was well made and probably thought out since the very beginning.

Now about where the ending is going I can only say that it feel terribly rushed and that's the only problem I have with it. It's sad that Wakaki doesn't have the time to write a proper ending for it but I'll turn a blind eye on this since he wrote such a good manga in a consistent fashion for years.
Apr 11, 2014 3:42 PM

Mar 2012
So is it a Chihiro ending? I'm quite disappointed but still a suitable candidate =/

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 11, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2013
Niyawa said:
inb4 next chapter "Of course, that's a joke. I only love games!"...

P-Please tell me that's the case...

Then that means you want a school days ending lol

I mean alot of people should have seen the chihiro thing coming.

My god if alot of people are mad about this, then the shit will hit the fan for the naruto, fairy tail, and magi couples.
Apr 11, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2013
I dunno if this is just me, but I'm still left confused by the whole Elsie thing these last 2 chapters. But...I am a massive Chihiro fan!!! Soooooooo happy with this ending :D (hoping this chapter wasn't a curve-ball). My reasoning for liking Chihiro is that she loves Keima without being 'manipulated' via a capture (possible exception of Tenri). She loves him for being himself.

GANBATTE, CHIHIRO-CHAN!!!!
Apr 11, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2010
I love it whenever any author tries something controversy, but because I'm one who like that direction but the thread that follows in MAL is usually hilarious.
Apr 11, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2010
I was rooting for Ayumi because of that awesome proposal but as much as I hate to say this, Chihiro ending is a little weird because of her lack of development recently even though I really did like her arc. What I was expecting was open-ended Elsie ending>Tenri ending?>Ayumi ending but I guess author was going back to ch189.
tittycakesApr 11, 2014 5:03 PM
Apr 11, 2014 5:03 PM

Feb 2010
This guy is pretty good at rom-com, I been following this since first chapter. How should I put it, the way he weave story and characters back to back is refreshing. The comical tone setting in-spite of heavy narration was ideal too.

So, I wait for his next work in anticipation.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 53 Discussion

Nayah - Jul 4, 2009

27 by YN_ON »»
Apr 21, 6:38 AM

» I'm a bit disappointed.(Spoiler alert!!!!!)

Jaaku_na_Neko - Nov 13, 2023

8 by rycestealer »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - May 18, 2008

28 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 17, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SilentTruth - Apr 18, 2014

332 by bakakisima »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:05 AM

» Similar Manga?

Juto1 - Sep 6, 2023

2 by joji-oueru »»
Sep 6, 2023 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.