Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2014 10:46 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So.. Ash really had to look at his pokedex for the magikarp entree? Dude.. how many times have you seen a magikarp in 800 eps :l

Also.. Team rocket in their Magikarp machine.. brings old memories back :P
Apr 11, 2014 4:49 PM
Mar 2013
Man, I just love XY so far. I really think it's because the characters are more fleshed out. Citron is hilarious with all of his crazy inventions. And I doubt I'll ever get tired of Eureka and her constant search for a bride for her brother xD

Ash seems to be a lot smarter, or rather not as dumb as he was in previous seasons. If only he can keep this up I'll stay even more invested in this series.

Serena is bearable so far, but I do wonder what her true role will be throughout the series. I'm not sure what her purpose is yet.

Those Lanturn in the aquarium were so cool. If you didn't know Lanturn is one of my fav pokemon ^^

Mayo4Life said:
So.. Ash really had to look at his pokedex for the magikarp entree? Dude.. how many times have you seen a magikarp in 800 eps :l

I have to admit, it was pretty silly. Ash must've seen magikarp in atleast 50 episodes and I stress atleast.

I still can't forget the first magikarp that James kicked and turned into a Gyarados. Ahh, good memories~

It's quite ironic that everyone is after a Golden magikarp when the first magikarp James bought was in a gold pokeball (it was fake gold but still a funny coincidence).

I don't know any of these new pokemon. At best my knowledge goes up to Black/White. I always fail the pokemon quizzes now ;_;
Apr 16, 2014 8:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Man, I just love XY so far. I really think it's because the characters are more fleshed out. Citron is hilarious with all of his crazy inventions. And I doubt I'll ever get tired of Eureka and her constant search for a bride for her brother xD

Ash seems to be a lot smarter, or rather not as dumb as he was in previous seasons. If only he can keep this up I'll stay even more invested in this series.

Serena is bearable so far, but I do wonder what her true role will be throughout the series. I'm not sure what her purpose is yet.

Those Lanturn in the aquarium were so cool. If you didn't know Lanturn is one of my fav pokemon ^^

Mayo4Life said:

I have to admit, it was pretty silly. Ash must've seen magikarp in atleast 50 episodes and I stress atleast.

I still can't forget the first magikarp that James kicked and turned into a Gyarados. Ahh, good memories~

It's quite ironic that everyone is after a Golden magikarp when the first magikarp James bought was in a gold pokeball (it was fake gold but still a funny coincidence).

I don't know any of these new pokemon. At best my knowledge goes up to Black/White. I always fail the pokemon quizzes now ;_;

Let's not forget Ash encountered a Magikarp back when he was a kid. The whole splitting the Pokeball in half between Ash and Gary and Ash had fished a Magikarp before Gary came and made fun of him.

I think last time I saw Team Rocket's Magikarp machine was back in the Orange Islands.

Ah the Sharpedo were pretty mean looking. Not sure what attack they used since I'm not familiar with the new moves and attack animation but I think Sharpedo used Hydro Pump or Water Gun.

Apr 18, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2012
I was hoping in my little imagination that Serena might catch Corsella... But it was sudden... Fokko be strong! (Even though fire is weak against water...)

I wonder what happened to that Pokemon Vender James/Kojiro got ripped up on...

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Apr 19, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2012
Excellent episode.
May 26, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2013
Fun episode, I really liked it.

Dec 5, 2014 1:57 AM

Sep 2014
when serena asked for help fishing, I was hoping ash would come up behind her and hold her fishing pole with her. that would have been so sweet and moe.
Jan 21, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, why did Ash need to check his Pokedex for a Magikarp like he'd never seen one before lol.

Yeah, I remember when Team Rocket had one of those Magikarp things before lol.
Jan 25, 2015 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
They usually do really well with Pokemon Ash has seen before by making him go "Hey, its _______, that's cool to see that again" and then they get Serena to pokedex it. This time was really odd though.. to be fair he does have a new pokedex, I'd assume all his data from the previous ones transfered over though.. maybe he just wanted to see the "golden" form.
stephtastrophe said:
Yeah, why did Ash need to check his Pokedex for a Magikarp like he'd never seen one before lol.

Yeah, I remember when Team Rocket had one of those Magikarp things before lol.

This episode is such a throwback to the Crystal Onyx episode. Was pretty predictable that they saw it at the end, but I love the message it entails that there is much more mysteries in the realm of Pokemon yet to be discovered.
Apr 19, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
AnimeFreak-San said:
when serena asked for help fishing, I was hoping ash would come up behind her and hold her fishing pole with her. that would have been so sweet and moe.

lol i was hoping he would as well
Nov 5, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2014
Lol at Ash still using a pokedex to check Magikarp since i guess it's one of the pokemon that Ash met the most back in Kanto and Johto region.. Pretty decent episode regarding a gold magikarp.. really nice to see the pokemon aquarium which a various water type pokemon..

Anyway our crew did get a good rod in this episode.. but the question is will they ever use it again in the later episode? Overall a good episode.. looking forward to see the next ones.. 4/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Aug 29, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 2015
Wow.... this actually surprised me. So many nostalgia nods.

Team Rocket in Magikarp pedal cycle submarine, Ash's comment on Dawn's Piplup, and golden magikarp....

Although they missed the chance to write Misty in for her lure or the fact that her gym is basically an aquarium would've made Serena jealous.

Aug 29, 2016 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
DarklordVor said:
Wow.... this actually surprised me. So many nostalgia nods.

Team Rocket in Magikarp pedal cycle submarine, Ash's comment on Dawn's Piplup, and golden magikarp....

Although they missed the chance to write Misty in for her lure or the fact that her gym is basically an aquarium would've made Serena jealous.

You watched 22 episodes in 2 hours. That is legendary.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 4, 2016 12:23 PM

Nov 2015
Tsundere Clauncher, so cute <3
Nov 27, 2021 1:08 PM

Dec 2007
so we had some clauncher that surprisingly changed his attitude toward denene because.. what?
bunny is funny though.

clement inventions will never get me tired lol.
the speed of his inventions bombing here was surprising fast.
User-NameNov 27, 2021 1:44 PM
Nov 5, 2023 4:41 AM

Feb 2020
Ougon magikarp é real e ele existe ✨

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.