Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 11, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2009
Mizusi said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
They already adapted all translated chapters of the manga. To bad they cut Isuke's flashback but I think we'll see it later.
It's translated up to chapter 19.

Hm. On Mangafox were only 7 or 8 chapters last week.
Apr 11, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Mizusi said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
They already adapted all translated chapters of the manga. To bad they cut Isuke's flashback but I think we'll see it later.
It's translated up to chapter 19.

Read on Mangahere if you want 9-19
Apr 11, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
Woot! Pretty cool episode, finally we got some action scenes!

And...a little yuri? owo Oh well. :3

Anyways, so the assassination trial begins! This is going to be awesome. xD Good episode, this anime is progressing well. :3 Can't wait to see more action scenes between the other girls! xD
Apr 11, 2014 4:25 PM

May 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Mangafox is awful. Mangahere isn't much better but at least there's that one girl from dumblr who is scanning and translating what she can, which is helpful.
Apr 11, 2014 5:14 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, Tokaku declares in front of the other assassins that she will protect Haru and therefore she betrays them, yet they let her go like that? It seems this series is based mainly on drama and fights, doesn't care to apply some logic.
Apr 11, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
Snow_Queen said:
So, Tokaku declares in front of the other assassins that she will protect Haru and therefore she betrays them, yet they let her go like that? It seems this series is based mainly on drama and fights, doesn't care to apply some logic.

I don't think that's the case. They're assassins as you said and if anything, Tokaku declaring that she'll protect Haru has only increased the thrill of the hunt. They're all screwed up in the head, where's the fun in killing someone helpless?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
After seeing those scars that were on Haru I'm now curious about her past and why she's being targeted. I see that the anime has picked up the pace, I'm interested in the next episode.
Apr 11, 2014 5:49 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
xchee said:

I don't think that's the case. They're assassins as you said and if anything, Tokaku declaring that she'll protect Haru has only increased the thrill of the hunt. They're all screwed up in the head, where's the fun in killing someone helpless?

Screwed up in the head, still they could have massacred Tokaku and Haru would break after learning for her loss. I suppose I am coming with different kind of expectations.
Apr 11, 2014 6:13 PM

Aug 2011
Haru's story seems a little skewed, especially with all those scars on her body. I'm more inclined to believe Nio at this point.

Am I the only one confused about the rule with the cards? I blanked out until Nio mentioned being selfish, and even with rewatching the scene I don't get it. What's the point of them?

Things are definitely getting more interesting. Can't wait for episode 3.

5/5

Apr 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
That was even better than episode 1.I love the way Tokaku just came there, ripped that pass like its nothing and said that she wont let anyone touch Haru-chan XD this is going to be a good ride.
Really nice ED.
Apr 11, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
Nee-sama said:
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
Nee-sama said:

No, Nio quite clearly states that Haru is capable of killing because that's how her family went down the drain. Haru has MUCH more of a motive to lie, but it's possible she has some sort of memory disorder.

The manga is only up to chapter 20 as far as I'm aware, but there was a script reading of AnR (with a male cast and some characters are missing), but I won't go into detail mainly because I don't know much about it.
ShishimaiApr 11, 2014 9:51 PM
Apr 11, 2014 6:32 PM

Sep 2013
That's allot of scars.

Interesting so they only get 48 hours to try and kill Haru.

This is a heck of allot like Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge except it's yuri, classroom style, one shot per person, and no forbidden goods.

The answer to the riddle is blood.
Apr 11, 2014 6:34 PM

Mar 2014
Nabris said:

Am I the only one confused about the rule with the cards? I blanked out until Nio mentioned being selfish, and even with rewatching the scene I don't get it. What's the point of them?

The way it mostly works is that one of them tells Nio that they want to have the chance at assassinating Haru. Afterwards you have 48 hours to kill her before you fail your misson. Other assassins have to wait 24 hours after a person has voted to be the assassin before they can vote. After you fail you get kicked out. You can't get anyone else involved with your assassination attempt that isnt one of them ( like the teacher or other students) or you get kicked out. Only the other assassins can get involved. The part about being selfish comes from if one of them decides to attack 24 hours into someone else's 48 hours. Meaning two assassins going at the target at once. In order to kill her first. (Taking someone else's time.)

EDIT: Also the winner can have anything they want. Anything just name it.

The motive behind the game is unclear atm.
CrowlageApr 11, 2014 6:38 PM
Apr 11, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
Crowlage said:
Nabris said:

The way it mostly works is that one of them tells Nio that they want to have the chance at assassinating Haru. Afterwards you have 48 hours to kill her before you fail your misson. Other assassins have to wait 24 hours after a person has voted to be the assassin before they can vote. After you fail you get kicked out. You can't get anyone else involved with your assassination attempt that isnt one of them ( like the teacher or other students) or you get kicked out. Only the other assassins can get involved. The part about being selfish comes from if one of them decides to attack 24 hours into someone else's 48 hours. Meaning two assassins going at the target at once. In order to kill her first. (Taking someone else's time.)

EDIT: Also the winner can have anything they want. Anything just name it.

The motive behind the game is unclear atm.

Ah! Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for clearing it up. :)

Apr 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Feb 2010
This was a pretty nice follow-up to the first episode and while the developments at the end were predictable I'm glad they tackled the issue before the actual 'game' starts. I hope we can get some more focus on a few of the other class members because so far I honestly can't remember any names except of the two MCs.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 11, 2014 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
Need to know exactly why Tokaku defected from the assasins. I mean besides the fact she can't even kill anyone in the first place. Still enjoying this show. OP so good!
Apr 11, 2014 7:09 PM
Mar 2014
and the lesbo action starts now well maybe later lol good episode though and damn isuke is craycray. Also what did Isuka mean by her mom and dad are both men? is her parents a gay couple or what?
CrimsonCandyApr 12, 2014 7:49 AM
Apr 11, 2014 7:26 PM

Dec 2013
I always get so excited to watch the next episode but it's not out yet Dx oh well.
I'm really curious about the whole 'feral' thing and the curses Tokaku kept mentioning. Is there going to be a supernatural type aspect to this? It doesn't say anything like that... but it just seems that way to me.

I really like Mahiru/Shinya as a really interesting character. I like how she has the split personality and the stitches across her face.
But the rules for how the mission (or would it be better to say game?) goes down sound really fun and I bet there will be some even more fun twists to follow.
This could be one of my favourite morbidly cute animes~
Apr 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2007
The plot doesn't really make much sense.
Apr 11, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
Can someone answer my question? Or is it just a plot hole?

mayukachan said:
I'm kinda confused about this show. Why does Haru even go in public and to high school if she knows she's a target for assassins? Why not just leave the school?
Apr 11, 2014 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, so many assassins had targeted Ichinose at a time. I'm glad that Tokaku was there to protect Ichinose.
Apr 11, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2007
mayukachan said:

mayukachan said:
I'm kinda confused about this show. Why does Haru even go in public and to high school if she knows she's a target for assassins? Why not just leave the school?

She's gonna save the world with smile.
Apr 11, 2014 8:43 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Nishiii said:
mayukachan said:

mayukachan said:

Let's not forget she magically escaped from danger all these years. How dumb can these assassins be?
Apr 11, 2014 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Because her family died so that she can "live," where "living" involves being a "regular girl," ie. attending high school. At least, that's my contrived and lackluster explanation.

It doesn't really matter to me because I'm pathetic disgusting in it the for yuri/moe.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 11, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
Snow_Queen said:
Nishiii said:
mayukachan said:

mayukachan said:

Let's not forget she magically escaped from danger all these years. How dumb can these assassins be?

She has undying magic. A magic spell that means she won't die!

@Mayukachan - She told Tokaku that this was her final test. So I'm guessing she made a deal that if she lives they won't hunt her anymore but all we can do is speculate. They may clear it up in the future so I wouldn't call it a plot hole yet...yet...
Apr 11, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
With all these Rules this feels more like a game than a assassination lol
Apr 11, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, Azuma and Haru have a pretty difficult past, but I think their friendship is strong. IDK if I can trust Haru in a sort of way but at the same time don't really know. Things are getting intense when she ripped off the paper.

Apr 11, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
Crowlage said:
@Mayukachan - She told Tokaku that this was her final test. So I'm guessing she made a deal that if she lives they won't hunt her anymore but all we can do is speculate.
*two assassins approaching Haru, intent on killing her*

Haru: "W-wait! Stop! How about this: If I graduate high school, you don't kill me. Okay?"

A1: "Uhm, what. Are you out of your mind?"

A2: "Actually, yeah, sure. I'm okay with that."

A1: "What the fuck, man... Well, you're the boss."

A2: "Want to hit the bar? I could use a beer."

A1: "Sure."
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 11, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode! This anime is one of those that will just be mindlessly entertaining; kind of like Mirai Nikki. And I'm completely okay with that. Everyone's got to watch something like this once in a while.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 9:24 PM

Mar 2014
Kafka-san said:
Crowlage said:
@Mayukachan - She told Tokaku that this was her final test. So I'm guessing she made a deal that if she lives they won't hunt her anymore but all we can do is speculate.
*two assassins approaching Haru, intent on killing her*

Haru: "W-wait! Stop! How about this: If I graduate high school, you don't kill me. Okay?"

A1: "Uhm, what. Are you out of your mind?"

A2: "Actually, yeah, sure. I'm okay with that."

A1: "What the fuck, man... Well, you're the boss."

A2: "Want to hit the bar? I could use a beer."

A1: "Sure."

Exactly! Anime logic right there! xD
Apr 11, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Damn nice episode.
Starting to like this more.
Haru's faking it..
Lol the teacher has no idea what's going on.
All dat mystery.
11 people after Haru, while Tokaku has decided to protect her.
Apr 11, 2014 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty awesome ending and all. I like the protagonist.

I may as well abandon my logical reasoning when I watch this anime. No use to question why 12 assassins were hired to kill this girl while creating this game-like environment.
Apr 11, 2014 10:36 PM
Mar 2014
Good pacing so far, and Mahiru creeps me out
Apr 11, 2014 11:34 PM

May 2012
This is getting interesting. Loved the fighting scene between Tokaku and Isuke.
Apr 12, 2014 12:32 AM

May 2013
Things are getting good now. Really interested in this anime. Also, if there's 13 episodes, and 11 assassins, starting with episode 3 it's possible it's going to be one attempt per episode? Though I can see some of them attempting to assassinate her together, so I guess it's just a speculation.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Apr 12, 2014 12:54 AM
Jan 2013
Awesome episode, loving the background music ^^
Apr 12, 2014 1:35 AM

Jul 2012
I think the lack of logic will be cleared up in the future so it's a bit early to complain. The plot's just starting to move and there is clearly a grander scheme at work which won't be revealed just yet. As for how Haru survived all those years...it's quite heavily hinted she's more than meets the eye.

Let's hope I'm right cause I don't want this to turn into a trainwreck. It have been very exciting to watch and I really like it so far :D
Apr 12, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, it was good.
After the pat week character introduction we finally make a step forward and entered the plot, and I must say this episode was very thrilling.

About the curse, I think Tokaku referres to the memory of, I suppose, her dead mother, or maybe tutor, saying to her that when she was about to kill, the memory of her and that temple will emerge and judge her.. and this prevents her from killing someone.
She said that to Haru too "the curse of a dead person" or something like that..

But, if the rules were to wait all the assassins to join the class, why that Isuke went already ahead? And she's still here, she should be expelled.

I wonder about the teacher, he seemed to do some researches about the Black Class, so I assume there will be no happy times for him?

And, we may have two scenarios: one attempt per episode or a very big mass attempt towards the end.
And if in the middle the story is supported very well, I really would like to assist at this second one.

By the way, the characters are all very interesting.

I really liked the war declaration at the end, and it left me with a great cliffhanger, I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 12, 2014 3:16 AM

Jan 2014
That op song always gets me. Haru's body looks like a man with those scars.
Apr 12, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2013
A man with curves and boobs? what
Apr 12, 2014 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
This is getting serious, apprently good mystery incoming. I wonder if the ED will change more times.
Edit: Now I know it will change every episode.
KuroMayKamiApr 12, 2014 8:20 AM
“We see what we want to see”
Apr 12, 2014 3:24 AM

Jan 2014
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
I was scared to see tokaku in a dillema about killing her or not but I'm happy to see her resolved!
I still don't like haru thought...

Why do you dislike her?
KuroMayKamiApr 12, 2014 5:51 AM
Apr 12, 2014 3:28 AM
Jan 2013
This was a really good episode. I personally like that the story is picking up fast, considering the fact that there are only 13 episodes and eleven girls trying to kill Haru. I haven't read the manga, but it has the same sort of feeling as Dangan Ronpa.

My theory about the death of Haru's family/who is telling the truth

Sidenote: Still waiting for the Yuri to kick in!
tyalistApr 12, 2014 3:42 AM
Apr 12, 2014 3:46 AM

Sep 2007
Mugen_Time said:
I think the lack of logic will be cleared up in the future so it's a bit early to complain. The plot's just starting to move and there is clearly a grander scheme at work which won't be revealed just yet.

Why do they need 12 assassins to kill a schoolgirl that get's fooled by a cup of tea? She would be dead already if Inukai hurried up a little. Also at least closing the main door when murdering someone in a living room seems like a good idea. I thought they were elite assassins?
What was the point of Tokaku vs Isune fight, if Isune left after winning it anyway?
And more.

This isn't something that can get cleared up. You can tell that author is preventing characters from taking the most reasonable choices, because anime would have ended already (or wouldn't even exist, because the base idea just doesn't make sense) if he didn't.
Apr 12, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
Dat protector
Apr 12, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
Nishiii said:
Mugen_Time said:
I think the lack of logic will be cleared up in the future so it's a bit early to complain. The plot's just starting to move and there is clearly a grander scheme at work which won't be revealed just yet.

Why do they need 12 assassins to kill a schoolgirl that get's fooled by a cup of tea? She would be dead already if Inukai hurried up a little. Also at least closing the main door when murdering someone in a living room seems like a good idea. I thought they were elite assassins?
What was the point of Tokaku vs Isune fight, if Isune left after winning it anyway?
And more.

This isn't something that can get cleared up. You can tell that author is preventing characters from taking the most reasonable choices, because anime would have ended already (or wouldn't even exist, because the base idea just doesn't make sense) if he didn't.

Or perhaps she wouldn't have died for that curse/spell Haru says is protecting her. And of course, characters won't be killed off so soon.

I do not think 12 assassins are needed, that's absurd, probably it's also set to be a competition among the professional killers to discover their abilities. Isune probably didn't take any precautions because she was willing to challenge the other girls and see their moves (especially Tokaku).
KuroMayKamiApr 12, 2014 5:47 AM
Apr 12, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:

mayukachan said:

It hasn't even been explained why everyone wants to murder Haru so it's not possible to say.
Apr 12, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2013
Things escalated quickly. And Tokaku protecting Haru? Can this be love? Hahaha.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 12, 2014 6:32 AM

Mar 2014

Nio doesn't seem to be that good in fighting? or she was just pretending? lol

Aww Haru that hug.. I like this ep better than before:)
Apr 12, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2011
The reason why they didn't kill her when she declared that she will protect her was because they are assassins, they don't give a shit about teamwork.

My theory about Haru's scar is that she was abused as a child then she killed her family because of that. Iunno just some theory.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.