Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 10, 2014 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RIP hair but she is still in the game but I'm having a little doubt about Aruka's motivations. On the other hand, Jin has her own plans so I wonder how that will play out..

Still feels kinda meh but at least the OST works well. Karen and her philosophies though. Damn it, those censors
LunaMay 3, 2014 2:31 AM
Apr 10, 2014 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
Unnecessary scenes were too much in the first half. But battle action in the second was cool. Hazuki was like Revolver Ocelot because she controlled ricochets.

I don't understand where this show is going. Then I need to watch the next episode. Maybe I need to do 12 episodes.
Apr 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Feb 2014
If this is going to continue with half of the screen being black while the action scenes are going then I won't even bother to continue watching this..
Apr 10, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2012
This episode didn't do it for me. The first half was pointless and the second felt a little fast pace.

How did Hazuki catch up to Aruka? I thought she was long gone. Plus didn't Hazuki talk to that lady for a minute or two. Felt like I missed a scene. The action was okay. They could have did it with a little less camera angles. Also Hazuki is pretty crazy. She had them Wanted bullets.

Overall kinda boring episode.
Apr 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
my impression last week was "big-boobed ninja girl fights the Visual Kei Empire."

I'm not familiar with the game, but is that all there is to this?

either way, it might be fun. I'll keep watching for now.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 10, 2014 1:38 PM

May 2010
very meh episode.
maybe im missing anything but something makes no sense for me.

so our MC has that butterfly mark and there is obviously a bounty on her head according to all those WANTED posters in the whole town and she knows that.

then why the fuck does she run around half naked through the whole town and shows her butterfly to every third person? why doesnt she use clothes that can hide it much better?

this really feels like they are doing that on purpose! its like the people who made this show just have one goal : getting her into fights and showing some action!

i feel like an idiot trying to make sense of this ..^^

also the sound effects especially the gun shots sounded awful! just cheap.

2/5
Apr 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
The 2 fight scenes in this episode were pretty cool but other than that it was a bit boring.
Apr 10, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2012
Douglas24 said:
The 2 fight scenes in this episode were pretty cool but other than that it was a bit boring.

Pretty much this ^. Not a lot has happened this episode, lots of boring chit chat and after that a 10 second action with some awesome assassin's creed moves and -to be continued-.. I have absolutely no idea where this show is going or how they plan to fix this up if the total is only 13 episodes. This basically means they will have to do it at an extremely fast speed at some point, to be able to create a "somehow logical" story.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 10, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
Took a while to get started though really liked the episode and the characters. Just a question, is this just a continuation of the first episode and did she leave the girl from that episode and just went on her way?
Apr 10, 2014 2:53 PM
Mar 2012
The fight at the end was really badass. I had my doubts, but now I'm looking forward to future episodes.
Apr 10, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder where the village girl went?

Suspicious kid.

CG on the dance.

Lol at the argument over who is getting Alka's bounty :P

Censored knife slit >.>

Hazuki goes a bit loco when she's in a fight. Really cool fight though.

The CG dance for the ED was interesting, I wonder if there will be different ED sequences each episode? That would be cool.

I'm getting the vibe that this anime will be episodic in nature about Alka's travels.

dmrch said:
Hazuki was like Revolver Ocelot because she controlled ricochets.

True dat
Apr 10, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
im quite intrigued by the ending
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 10, 2014 3:07 PM

Dec 2008
I guess the mercenary wants to die? Alka most certainly will kill her and destroy those bullets.

Loved the ED with Karen dancing. It was beautiful and I like the song too.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 10, 2014 3:18 PM
Nov 2013
Dear lord Gonzo.
Just because you CAN render a 3D model over a 2D background, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
It looks terrible.
Apr 10, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
The only story so far is the fact that she is wanted. But still, if the rest of this show consists of cool battles like the one in this episode I'll enjoy it.
Apr 10, 2014 3:45 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
1st half of the episode was running at a slow pace..

Karen's solo dancing part was probably taken out from the game and attached to the series without any edit..
Didn't match to the sync of the animation at all.

2nd half was quite interesting.
Aruka's was badass one again. Nice short fight!
Wished Karen didn't interrupt.. Hazuki is quite annoying.

Damn, that Empress has some impressive power.
Aruka may not survive in a battle against her without some sort of supernatural power.

Next episode: "Revenge"
VindstotApr 17, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 10, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
fight scenes are good.

not sure what was the deal with the censors though. doesn't it air at night?

really liking it. pacing is a bit of a problem
xSanoxApr 10, 2014 4:00 PM
Apr 10, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
Really enjoying this series so far, the fight scene was badass, though it's a shame a lot of it is censored. Guess I'l have to re-watch when it come out on Blu-ray.

The ED is kind of out of place...

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2014 4:10 PM

Feb 2011
The CG was horrifying
Apr 10, 2014 5:05 PM

Apr 2013
Very boring, but the action was cool.
Apr 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
The fights scene were good. Hazuki is definitely an idiot XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 10, 2014 6:05 PM
Apr 2013
The first half was boring and some bad animation (that dance was just weird looking with the CGI). However the fight scene was really well done in my opinion.
Apr 10, 2014 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
Dat CG though...
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Nov 2012
The sound effects and the CG in this show make my ears and eyes bleed. One more episode then it's likely this one goes in the drop pile.
Mar 2014
Approva said:
Dat CG though...
Apr 10, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2013
Those bullets. How can they do that?
The fights were cool.
Apr 10, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2013
OMG That CG dance literally almost killed everything....
The showdown was pretty cool to say the least..
Those ricochet bullets are BS though..
Apr 10, 2014 7:34 PM

May 2013
Very slow in the first half at the market place and way too many unnecessary camera shifts during the talk/battle between the bounty hunters. Kinda losing interest in this one.
Apr 10, 2014 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
The fight between Hazuki and Aruka was so decent.
Apr 10, 2014 7:35 PM

Nov 2013
This season needs more blood.
Apr 10, 2014 7:51 PM

May 2013
Better than episode 1 at least.
Apr 10, 2014 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
AsherFischell said:
Very boring, but the action was cool.

Agreed
Apr 10, 2014 11:20 PM

Jul 2013
Is there a reason that even in 2014 Gonzo is awful at CG and generally uses it in the most unnecesary places
Apr 10, 2014 11:25 PM

Jan 2013
Not even going to try and make sense of this storyline wise lol, gonna treat it like DBZ and Black Lagoon style where it's pure action based

so that being said, 4/5! will keep tuning in for sure lol I love the fights in this
Apr 11, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
That fight was fucking awesome!! I'm really digging Alka's fighting style.

Why is everyone complaining about the first half though? obviously they needed some kind of build up and Hazuki is obviously an important character. They need to establish the relationship between Hazuki and Alka.

As for the story, so far we have this girl whose clan was (probably) slaughtered by the empire and is on a quest of revenge. She killed some of them, put on wanted list which she obviously wasn't aware or doesn't give a fuck about, met fellow assassins who tried to kill her, and run. Is it really that confusing? it's not like there's some deep intricate plot here.

We're also seeing a world where someone can effortlessly blocked bullets with her knifes, a busty lady who can deflect said knifes with a paper fan, as well as a lady who can kill a person Amaterasu style. Ricocheting bullets is really not a big deal.
MoeGodApr 11, 2014 12:38 AM
Apr 11, 2014 1:42 AM

Nov 2013
Dat fight scene!
Rest of the episode was okay I guess.
Apr 11, 2014 4:24 AM
Nov 2010
I liked the first half seeing those towns people interact was pretty nice.
The fight scene was awesome too.
Apr 11, 2014 4:47 AM

Jul 2011
I really liked the fight scene
Apr 11, 2014 5:26 AM

Jun 2012
Everyone's nose has a smudge
Apr 11, 2014 6:05 AM

Dec 2013
I like when fight scenes are 50% blacked out. That CG dance was beautiful..
Best show of the season 9.5/10
Apr 11, 2014 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
I thought that this anime would be something great,but after this episode i doubt that.

Apr 11, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2014
jiraiya_sensei said:
Why is everyone complaining about the first half though? obviously they needed some kind of build up and Hazuki is obviously an important character. They need to establish the relationship between Hazuki and Alka.

I think it was unbalanced. In the first half, they expressed vulgar atmosphere of the town, tension that pursuers might attack Aruka suddenly, and Hazuki.

It was a little repetition because a situation of the town was also described in EP 1. And viewers understood Aruka could kill weak enemies very easily in EP 1. Nothing became tension in the first half.

If they had omitted some parts in the first half, and if they had added some scenes that Hazuki as a hunter traced Aruka carefully in the second, it would have become more tension. Because the viewers didn't know which was strong Hazuki and Aruka at this time. However the scene that Hazuki attacked Aruka come abruptly. I guess they have a bad writer. He cannot liven up the story. I think this anime has very potential and hope it will get more better.
Apr 11, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
LOLWUT, I thought she was like, with that village girl..

LOL I thought that big-boobed girl was gonna be surprised that Aruka was the bounty?? Guess not??

Dat 3D scene and ending. Haha.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 11, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was boring, the first seemed a lot better compared to this one. Well, it nothing happens in the next episode, gonna drop it.
Apr 11, 2014 7:47 AM

Jul 2013
dmrch said:

I think it was unbalanced. In the first half, they expressed vulgar atmosphere of the town, tension that pursuers might attack Aruka suddenly, and Hazuki.

It was a little repetition because a situation of the town was also described in EP 1. And viewers understood Aruka could kill weak enemies very easily in EP 1. Nothing became tension in the first half.

If they had omitted some parts in the first half, and if they had added some scenes that Hazuki as a hunter traced Aruka carefully in the second, it would have become more tension. Because the viewers didn't know which was strong Hazuki and Aruka at this time. However the scene that Hazuki attacked Aruka come abruptly. I guess they have a bad writer. He cannot liven up the story. I think this anime has very potential and hope it will get more better.

Different point of view maybe. The way I see it from Ep 1 no one can defeat Aruka except for the big bad boss and her best lieutenants. Did I ever think Hazuki can kill Aruka? nope, I don't think anyone should expect her to. I know this based on her laid back drunkard personality alone, she's a stock character who's always not bad but not good enough to defeat the MC. Aruka most likely sort of knew she was being targeted yet she kept searching for places which has Palam all over it. She didn't even hesitate when the merchant told her to go to the town. It could only mean she was really confident of her skill or doesn't give a damn about her bounty.

Rather than tension, I see this episode just as a point to establish Aruka's and Hazuki's relationship as well as the revelation that the Mistress was a bad ass (most likely as good as Aruka). Hazuki is an adept fighter but her tracing Aruka carefully would be out of character since she's the type who does everything spontaneously. She didn't even bother when the mistress clearly told her she's no match for Aruka and even goes after Aruka openly.
Apr 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
That CGI was awful, I thought the show could've had a chance at becoming at least a fun(but bad) watch but this episode was kind of boring.
Miss me?
Apr 11, 2014 8:18 AM

Sep 2011
I hate people in action anime who refuses to realize that someone is way stronger than them. She was saved from that girl killing her yet was still going about how she had her with only one bullet left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2009
Dat ugly CG. Other than that, still watchable.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 11, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
jiraiya_sensei said:
dmrch said:

Different point of view maybe. The way I see it from Ep 1 no one can defeat Aruka except for the big bad boss and her best lieutenants. Did I ever think Hazuki can kill Aruka? nope, I don't think anyone should expect her to. I know this based on her laid back drunkard personality alone, she's a stock character who's always not bad but not good enough to defeat the MC. Aruka most likely sort of knew she was being targeted yet she kept searching for places which has Palam all over it. She didn't even hesitate when the merchant told her to go to the town. It could only mean she was really confident of her skill or doesn't give a damn about her bounty.

Rather than tension, I see this episode just as a point to establish Aruka's and Hazuki's relationship as well as the revelation that the Mistress was a bad ass (most likely as good as Aruka). Hazuki is an adept fighter but her tracing Aruka carefully would be out of character since she's the type who does everything spontaneously. She didn't even bother when the mistress clearly told her she's no match for Aruka and even goes after Aruka openly.

I respect your opinion. I agree almost of yours because I watched whole EP 2. But the viewers couldn't realize it in their watching. I think it was not a consistent scenario.

The most important problem about Hazuki was that she seemed to change her personality suddenly at the fight out of the town. She was grinning and changed her wording completely (in raw). Her words became like a dark lord or a psycho-killer. It was enough to force the viewers to think she may fight well against Aruka. I also actually began to pay attention to her sudden changed talking way. But Hazuki lost simply. After watched it all, I realized that she had laid-back drunkard personality. And her behavior in their fight was absolutely out of character.

Then I still think it would have been better if they had added some Hazuki's scenes or the Mistress scenes. What Aruka thought was difficult to understand. For example, I couldn't understand why she stood like a whore. She wanted to earn money? If Hazuki become companion of Aruka, viewers will be able to understand Aruka's thought through Hazuki's behavior. Viewers can understand many of Aruka's thought only through main characters around Aruka. They should add more main characters' scenes in order to actualize it. I think they shouldn't express the mob much because a crowd of the town has nothing to do.
dmrchApr 11, 2014 10:24 AM
Apr 11, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2011
Sooo...... they're not gonna explain how Hazuki figured out that Alka was the one she was searching for? Honestly though, aside from the fighting scenes being somewhat cool, there's little to nothing to this. The story is unbalanced, important parts are cut for the more ridiculous (i.e. Hazuki catching up with Alka, which lead to their 1-on-1, etc.), the main herself seems like a waste of a character (I know she's supposed to be an assassin, but can she show at least some emotion?). Better than last episode, which was a horrible starting episode (which was capped off by that one-shotting a hyped villain), but it's still very weak. If not for Dai Shogun, this would be the weakest show of the season (at least from the ones I'm watching).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.