MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 »» Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

173 67.32%
4 out of 5: Liked it

51 19.84%
3 out of 5: It was OK

17 6.61%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 3.11%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 3.11%
Voters: 257

09-11-09, 3:52 PM
Forum Moderator
I found all the ghost disappearances kinda cheesy, but I guess this was the best way to bring it to a gradual close. There's still people who would have been blindsided that haven't paid attention to fan discussions so it's probably for the best.

I was kinda hoping for something more dramatic, but it works. The falling building felt a little sloppy as a way to elevate tension... it was just kinda thrown in there. Maybe they're trying to imply some symbolism where the house crumbling is like her illusions doing the same.... but there would have been better settings for that. I wonder if this scene was originally planned for their own house.

I feel sorry for Itsuki... the director is making him run around looking for his dead friend just to help make a plot point... :-/

At least her parents are alive... and they probably know about Yuuki from the phone message Mari left earlier. It'll be a bit too tearful if Mirai has to try to break it to them. One more ep to go... so expect a reunion, Mari catching up to Mirai, and some powerful statement about rebuilding lives... throw in a flash-forward scene with Mirai and Family crossing the bridge and it'll wrap up nicely.

Rinjii said:
if Yuuki's dead, how come Mari..at the past episodes after Yuuki got sick; seems like she is also conversating with the two (Yuuki and Mirai)?

Watch them again, you'll see that Mari only ever talks/calls/touches Mirai. There are parts where Mirai talks about Yuuki in front of her, but it's easy to interpret those sentences differently. Mari obviously finds it strange that Mirai isn't bawling and in pain, but can't bring herself to confront Mirai about it.

09-11-09, 4:20 PM

Pretty good episode imo.

09-11-09, 5:31 PM

I feel sorry for Mirai since she seem to totally block the moment of Yuki dying earlier. But it seems that Yuki was symbolically acting like a guardian angel for Mirai. Though that bgm during the last scene was a bit creepy, it was a pretty good ep.

09-11-09, 5:32 PM

That was depressing, he did die in the hospital.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

09-11-09, 5:45 PM

I blame my sister. I was the dense people who didn't realize the hint at episode 8-9s. My sister told me about it and I was like, "NO, YOUR WRONG" "It can't be true!!" Then throughout the whole episode, I saw all those obvious hints and I was like, "dang it all". Oh well, it was an average episode for me. Like other people said, it didn't really give me the whole sadness feeling. I don't know why, but I didn't have much of a reaction. I only felt a little chill in my spine, but that's about it. I usually feel like tears are about to come out during sad situations, but this really didn't do it for me.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!

09-11-09, 6:07 PM

Could have been more dramatic but I did tear up at the end D:

09-11-09, 6:45 PM

First half was kind of dragged out, it got great when they entered the classroom though.

And heh, the first "dream" sequence from episode 8 was actually reality, while the second one with the doctors exiting the surgery room was actually a dream.

09-11-09, 7:06 PM

so good. this anime is one of the most realistic shows out there and if people thought anime was just for kids, this show would change their minds. So amazing and sad. By far one of the best shows that came out of it's season. I knew it, but didn't want to believe it. Damn that sucks.

09-11-09, 7:26 PM

That was well done. These past few episodes, the hints where subtle enough as to not give away the secret right off the bat. I'm happy they left us on our feet.

I'm wondering if Yuuki is a real ghost or really just his sister's own mind showing her what she wants to see and hear. Should be a interesting ending...parents finding out their son died, Mirai having to deal with the fact that her brother's been dead for days, Yuuki going off to the other world, Mari possibly showing up...etc.

09-11-09, 7:36 PM

wakka9ca said:
again, even though we all know he's dead, it's still pretty painful to watch...

I did tear up a little at that. I'd been in denial about it since the little hospital scene/dream Mirai had...but now it's confirmed. D: Wonder how they'll end it

09-11-09, 7:51 PM

I was sort of confused early on, but figured it out at the end of episode 9 with the whole thing with Yuuki's backpack.

Albeit, I'm a bit sad that Yuuki had to die, but in a way, it just brought everything on a different emotional and mental level, especially for Mirai.

Only one episode left... I wonder how everything ends... can't wait.

09-11-09, 7:56 PM

No wonder i felt it kinda strange how come Yuuki is still there .. guess he really was died

09-11-09, 7:56 PM

I started crying when she saw his picture in the classroom. *sniffs* It was a very real and very emotional way to view a death in a show.

09-11-09, 8:38 PM

Funny thing. I had no idea he was dead, but it was hardly denial. I thought from the beginning he needed to die for Mirai to actually grow up. But when it actually came time, I thought the show chickened out and tried to go for a "happier" ending that I would have found less satisfying. On the plus side, that means I actually got to enjoy the episode, with a bit of head-scratching once Yuki started disappearing every other frame. Not too hard to figure out, though.

I might even have to give the show a higher score for that, depending on how they handle the ending.

09-11-09, 8:45 PM

I felt sorry, but it was too prolonged and a little annoying.

09-11-09, 8:45 PM

What's with kids these days? Punching people randomly like that...

Okay so Yuuki is officially dead. Lots of tears again.

09-11-09, 8:50 PM

Minoru said:
I felt sorry, but it was too prolonged and a little annoying.

quite so and the ed feels like after stories.... completely out of place

09-11-09, 8:57 PM

I thought when they had the building collapse, they were going to kill Yuuki's friend WITH Yuuki and that was when Mirai would have recognized that he was dead.

I'm glad it didn't happen that way. He COULD be an angel instead of an imagined figure.

09-11-09, 9:02 PM

I enjoyed this episode despite the fact I already knew Yuuki was dead. I guess this anime needed to be short because it would really feel dragged out if it was like 26 episodes or something.

09-11-09, 9:30 PM

I haven't been on these boards throughout watching this anime so I noticed the hints about him being dead but like someone mentioned above I thought the death was a dream and the part about him being alive was the truth. I wasn't so much in denial as optomistic. But losts of little things didn't make sense to me so that answers that. The final conclusion in this episode about his death I think was drawn out too though.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices