Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2014 10:31 PM

Feb 2009
ECHO starting new novel!
LH Kamachi.exe
TYPE /b:4Gb C:\new_shit.txt

Buffer memory exceeded!
Abort, Retry, Fail?_
Apr 9, 2014 11:02 PM
Mar 2010
I wonder what'll be about so excited over here.
Apr 10, 2014 12:40 AM

Aug 2009
ichii_1 said:
A new orthodox school novel series but will it be in the same universe as the others or a completely new series?
The chance it not being in the same universe is slim thou and I'm not even sure I want it if it's not connected to the others.
He has series that are unrelated to Toaru.
Shuhan said:
icantfeelmyarms said:
Better animate the rest of Index and no more fucking Railgun.

Strong this.
Railgun is pretty awesome when it doesnt have originality all over the place.
vlaine said:
Plot twist! It'll turn out to be To Aru Miraculous no Sogita. A series dedicated completely to Gunhas's school life.
I can live with that.But....

Plot twist!This is Version_Beta and we follow the daily events of
Touma
Apr 10, 2014 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
Just what we need...more lazy novels.

shirayuki75 said:
This guy must be on writing steroids or something; how can he write so many stories simultaneously?

If I just made everything up and never cared about plotholes I could write 20 books a year as well.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 10, 2014 12:58 AM

Nov 2009
Kamachi-sensei to start a new series! This will be very interesting to see! ^_^

Apr 10, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

shirayuki75 said:
This guy must be on writing steroids or something; how can he write so many stories simultaneously?

If I just made everything up and never cared about plotholes I could write 20 books a year as well.
Better lazy novels that are being published than lazy manga with no end.

Anything not created to please you is plothole.Please name some.
Apr 10, 2014 1:08 AM

Apr 2009
As If I'd bother reading 30+ novels from a series I couldn't stand due to horrible writing even in the first season...

And what lazy manga with no end do you mean? LN can be stretched beyond belief as well...
Apr 10, 2014 1:12 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
As If I'd bother reading 30+ novels from a series I couldn't stand due to horrible writing even in the first season...

Ad what lazy manga with no end do you mean? Ln can be stretched beyond belief as well...

So you talk shit about a Light novel series you dont know shit about.
Always the same Nid always the same.

I love that you dont know.Always first to mock other people's fav, always last to criticize your own.
Apr 10, 2014 1:15 AM

Apr 2009
You mean Berserk, the manga where only impatient people want to have a rushed ending in 10+ chapters than to wait for a good conclusion that has planned way in advance because they can't handle that someone takes a month to draw a chapter because he is a perfectionist? Oh yeah... that is such a bad approach. It's like you never read an unfinished book series...
Apr 10, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
You mean Berserk, the manga where only impatient people want to have a rushed ending in 10+ chapters than to wait for a good conclusion that has planned way in advance because they can't handle that someone takes a month to draw a chapter because he is a perfectionist? Oh yeah... that is such a bad approach. It's like you never read an unfinished book series...

Source?

and

Lol.

And If he was a perfectionist then the last two arcs shouldnt be there.

But I have actually read what I criticize.Unlike you for example.
Apr 10, 2014 1:29 AM
Feb 2012
*trying to avoid Berserk spoilers*
take you lovers' quarrel elsewhere, you two lovebirds.

As long as the guy can do what he loves (earning mon- I mean writing) and as long as the novels will sell anyway, it's fine. Personally I couldn't care less, but I'm not exactly bothered by it either.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 10, 2014 1:48 AM

Jun 2013
Let him rest !
That guy can't be human.
Apr 10, 2014 1:52 AM

Jan 2013
GigaSPX said:
I was starting to think what the title meant by "New Novel Series" meaning an entire side story devoted to the Accelerator. But then reading the description, it's about school.

Ehhhhh.......

Well there's an Accelerator manga. We don't need two of the same thing.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Apr 10, 2014 5:37 AM
Jul 2013
Really love Index series!

Can't wait to see what he will write next!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Apr 10, 2014 5:42 AM

Mar 2012
For got that I need to start reading Heavy Object first.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 10, 2014 6:10 AM

Nov 2008
still need more index a third season if possible
Apr 10, 2014 8:51 AM

Oct 2013
The same news on ANN has this in the end of the article: A Certain Magical Index illustrator Kiyotaka Haimura will publish his second art collection this summer, "and more" announcements are to come.
So yeah there will be more annoncementes coming, and season 3 of Index must be one of these upcoming delicous announcements and if not I will be crying of shameXD
Apr 10, 2014 9:35 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nidhoeggr said:

And what lazy manga with no end do you mean? LN can be stretched beyond belief as well...

Let me just add that the light novel series is totally different compared to the anime adaptation. It would be better to actually read the novels before judging.

It would be like saying Dragonbal mangal is lame based on the Dragonball Live action movie you watched.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 10, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
GigaSPX said:
I was starting to think what the title meant by "New Novel Series" meaning an entire side story devoted to the Accelerator. But then reading the description, it's about school.

Ehhhhh.......

Accelerator got a manga. Doesn't need a novel.

Mod Edit: personal provocation removed.
ThangLongApr 18, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 10, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
Kinda iffy about this new school orientated novel.
Apr 10, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
Sweet, I really wanna read it.

Apr 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
Orthodox school here doesn't mean it's about a school. Just that it's orthodox. the word school here comes from the kanji 派, which is a school as in " a school of thinking", not a school as in "high school". A faction, a way to do see things.

Also, it's true that the first half of the first Index LN series is mostly awful as far as quality goes. I don't agree with Nidhoeggr's habit to criticize things he never read, but even without reading them if you keep saying that everything is bad one day or another you're going to be right on one title which actually happen to be bad. Second part of the first series has a better level though. Volumes 15,19,20,21,22 especially.

Also, some people here seems to think that kamachi is the LN author who write the most pages per year. That's very far from being true. IIRC authors like ichirou sakaki, akira and kawakami write far more than him.
ZefyrisApr 10, 2014 2:09 PM
Apr 11, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2009
i just want to know what this means for people wanting to see a third and fourth season of Index?
Apr 11, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't find myself interested with Index franchise at all (Both LN and anime). I dunno, i just find the premise and worldbuilding in Index very silly and mostly contrived and, like Nidhoeggr said, full of plotholes. And Touma's tendency to punch women at the face, even when they're villains, just made me cringe. On the other hand, i thoroughly enjoyed A simple survey LN on Baka-Tsuki. This one is just great. Kamachi's snarkiness and goldmine of tsukkomi totally shines thoroughly that i found myself laughing several times from its powerful ability to throw jabs at several intricacies and tendencies in otaku subculture. Now that is the kind of novels that i'd love Kamachi to write. No need for flashy actions or complicated worldbuilding like Index, but just a simple wordplays and strong sense of humor.
Apr 11, 2014 8:27 PM
Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

shirayuki75 said:

Well... I heard you don't read the novels. The novels are way better than the anime. The novels definitely aren't lazily written. It's fine if you don't like the anime, just don't use that as an excuse to criticize the novels. The novels are fantastic, the anime was ok, and of course the anime version might have plot holes, but the light novels definitely don't...

Everyone's fine to their own opinions, but please read them first before calling it lazy writing. Everything after volume 13 (season 2's ending) are some of the best books I've ever read in my entire life, especially NT 8, NT 9.

Kamachi is one of the most talented writers I have ever seen/read. He never writes lazily. The only lazy people are the one's adapting his series in J.C. staff... just making that clear.

Also, even if you wrote 20 books a year, each one probably wouldn't sell 150,000 copies consistently every time you published one...

That means at least 150,000 people enjoy his series and think it is well-written. It's hard to get that much of a consistent following no matter who you are. By the way, most LN series sell 10,000 and that's a hit, so 150,000 for LN's is ridiculous. (it works differently than popular manga series).

Amiluhur said:
Couldn't find myself interested with Index franchise at all (Both LN and anime). I dunno, i just find the premise and worldbuilding in Index very silly and mostly contrived and, like Nidhoeggr said, full of plotholes. And Touma's tendency to punch women at the face, even when they're villains, just made me cringe. On the other hand, i thoroughly enjoyed A simple survey LN on Baka-Tsuki. This one is just great. Kamachi's snarkiness and goldmine of tsukkomi totally shines thoroughly that i found myself laughing several times from its powerful ability to throw jabs at several intricacies and tendencies in otaku subculture. Now that is the kind of novels that i'd love Kamachi to write. No need for flashy actions or complicated worldbuilding like Index, but just a simple wordplays and strong sense of humor.

Well, that depends on what you read. If you read some of his earlier books, you may feel that way. After book 12 he's fantastic. Books 6 and on are pretty good. The first few have "some" problems, but no plotholes. Give me a single plot hole in this series? I haven't found one, and I've read many, many of the books.

I can say with about 98% confidence that there are no plotholes in this series...

Also, Touma punching women is bad if they're villains? That's pretty sexist (I'm a guy...). Maybe it was once Chivalrous, but this is a city of science, that cares about modern themes... not medieval themes like that... wrong setting...

I understand personal preference, but I disagree about the contrived premise. If his premise is one thing, it definitely isn't contrived. It's absolute genius.
dnivApr 11, 2014 8:34 PM
Apr 11, 2014 9:22 PM
Dec 2013
I just want more Index maaaaaan.

Though I want to check this out too.
Apr 12, 2014 12:32 AM

Apr 2013
I don't know about a simple survey, but people thinking that Index is extremely good needs to read more LN. Or to choose what they read better imo. While the average quality goes up after the 11th volume indeed, it's still not enough to be called very good, let alone praising it even more.
Also, 9th volume of the first series is definitely the worst LN volume I ever read up to this day. And I sure hope that this fact will never change, as I'm not particularly into masochism ^^". I really enjoyed some of the volumes and the world build is fairly interesting, sure enough. If you're interested in that type of world (and I am), it's definitely worth the read. You're going to suffer for a while before passing the 11th volume though.
But is that enough to praise it as much as some people did it above, I don't think so. Kamachi has proven to be able to do really good stories, YES. But he's inconsistent with his quality. Hence, the average quality cannot be called very good, even by excluding the volumes 1 to 11.
Apr 12, 2014 3:04 AM

Jan 2012
dniv said:

Amiluhur said:

Well, that depends on what you read. If you read some of his earlier books, you may feel that way. After book 12 he's fantastic. Books 6 and on are pretty good. The first few have "some" problems, but no plotholes. Give me a single plot hole in this series? I haven't found one, and I've read many, many of the books.

I can say with about 98% confidence that there are no plotholes in this series...

Also, Touma punching women is bad if they're villains? That's pretty sexist (I'm a guy...). Maybe it was once Chivalrous, but this is a city of science, that cares about modern themes... not medieval themes like that... wrong setting...

I understand personal preference, but I disagree about the contrived premise. If his premise is one thing, it definitely isn't contrived. It's absolute genius.

I am 100% sure that there are no plotholes in Raildex YET.

As for punching female villains?Seriously?Were you THAT offended?

Dniv, I don't think that women had it better during medieval times or any other era.

Zefyris said:
I don't know about a simple survey, but people thinking that Index is extremely good needs to read more LN. Or to choose what they read better imo. While the average quality goes up after the 11th volume indeed, it's still not enough to be called very good, let alone praising it even more.
Also, 9th volume of the first series is definitely the worst LN volume I ever read up to this day. And I sure hope that this fact will never change, as I'm not particularly into masochism ^^". I really enjoyed some of the volumes and the world build is fairly interesting, sure enough. If you're interested in that type of world (and I am), it's definitely worth the read. You're going to suffer for a while before passing the 11th volume though.
But is that enough to praise it as much as some people did it above, I don't think so. Kamachi has proven to be able to do really good stories, YES. But he's inconsistent with his quality. Hence, the average quality cannot be called very good, even by excluding the volumes 1 to 11.

I disagree.The worst of the volumes is the 11th.

The quality may be inconsistent, but the characters, powers, etc aren't.That is what I am looking for in a series.So far I see a series that the author(s) really likes him/her/themselves and doesn't ruin it, by random bullshit(See Bleach), just to keep it alive.Yes instead of Othinus he could just write about Aleister and end it.But the volumes are still good and don't make you wish it had ended arcs ago.
AngelAcceleratorApr 13, 2014 12:56 AM
Accelerator:

Apr 12, 2014 4:03 AM

Feb 2013
That guy really needs to get a rest. Js06 is going to go into coma soon.

As a side note, he also write the scenario of the mobile game Million Arthur which is available in English in the Singapore and Malaysia store. Although I strongly suggest avoiding it unless you just want to read.

Subjectivity
FiveOVERApr 12, 2014 4:42 AM
Apr 12, 2014 4:23 AM
May 2012
alexpte said:
Kazuma Kamachi, the author of the blessed Toaru series? I'm definitely excited to see what's next on his plate.

Same here!!
I still haven't watched any of the Toaru series yet, but I will surely watch them sooner or later, all of them.

icantfeelmyarms said:

Why not both??

shirayuki75 said:

Writing steroids.
Apr 12, 2014 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
icantfeelmyarms said:

You mean you want them to continue the shitty adaptation instead of continuing the one which isn't shitty?

Index's anime suck. They paced it like retards (even went as far as adapting one whole novel in one single episode (your usual rushed series have 6 episodes per novel if that can say anything) because they were scared it wouldn't sell otherwise.
Things don't make sense, they excuse anything that lack explanation (that actually exist but they didn't put because of time constraint because of their retarded pacing) on it being magic or religious stuff.
Index is a weak attempt at making money.

Railgun's anime is a hundred of time better made than the train-wreak that is Index's anime.
I agree that Index could and should have better than Railgun tho, giving that it had much more potential.
Apr 12, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
AngelAccelerator said:

Really? I guess you didn't watch the entire first season. Infodumps everywhere with barely any implications on later episodes, characters consistently spewing random things with little to no significance to their actions at hand, certain characters having "mysterious" power that the show didn't even bother to explain. If that's not plothole, then what is?

AngelAccelerator said:
As for punching female villains? Seriously? Were you THAT offended?

Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't mean it doesn't offend anybody else. Trying to justify everything based on your own preference is simply retarded and illogical.
Apr 12, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2012
Amiluhur said:
AngelAccelerator said:

Really? I guess you didn't watch the entire first season. Infodumps everywhere with barely any implications on later episodes, characters consistently spewing random things with little to no significance to their actions at hand, certain characters having "mysterious" power that the show didn't even bother to explain. If that's not plothole, then what is?

AngelAccelerator said:
As for punching female villains? Seriously? Were you THAT offended?

Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't mean it doesn't offend anybody else. Trying to justify everything based on your own preference is simply retarded and illogical.

Talking out Railgun manga/novels and Index novels.
Now if you can talk about those and pinpoint those "plotholes" that would be a lot better than vague statements.

Why it bad to punch the villains/antagonists?
Sorry but THIS is what is retarded. Just because they are women? Would it be fine if they were men? As dniv said that is pretty sexist.
AngelAcceleratorApr 12, 2014 8:48 AM
Accelerator:

Apr 12, 2014 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Nowhere did i say that Touma punching women is bad, i just find myself offended by that. You can call me sexist as you want, i just don't like your apparent disregard by the fact that some people might find things differently than you do.

But whatever, since we're on two different sides from each other, i'll just leave it at that.
Apr 12, 2014 8:47 AM

Jan 2012
Amiluhur said:
Nowhere did i say that Touma punching women is bad, i just find myself offended by that. You can call me sexist as you want, i just don't like your apparent disregard by the fact that some people might find things differently than you do.

But whatever, since we're on two different sides from each other, i'll just leave it at that.

I think that when people are offended by something they do find it bad but ok...
Accelerator:

Apr 12, 2014 10:09 AM
Oct 2012
You guys are forgetting how popular and successful this series is so it really doesn't matter whether you want a third season or not. It's most likely going to happen.
Apr 14, 2014 11:11 AM

Feb 2009
Touma punching women is a big plus for me.

I thought Index was paced really well, so that's a weird criticism to me. I haven't read the LN's, just the anime.

But Railgun really does steal the show. Those two series were fantastic. The first season really blew me away
Apr 14, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Marthgun said:

I thought Index was paced really well, so that's a weird criticism to me. I haven't read the LN's, just the anime.

But Railgun really does steal the show. Those two series were fantastic. The first season really blew me away

Index season 1 = 6 volumes
Index season 2 = 8 volumes

No, the anime adaptations were rushed like hell.
Apr 14, 2014 7:17 PM

Jul 2008
Hakuryuukou said:
Marthgun said:

Index season 1 = 6 volumes
Index season 2 = 8 volumes

No, the anime adaptations were rushed like hell.

To put this into perspective, 6 episodes a volume is pretty much standard and it is considered rushed in most cases.

Some series are even more rushed than that, index is sadly one of them.
Apr 26, 2014 8:10 AM
Apr 2014
I wonder if this will be another Toaru series or a completely different LN
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

29 by alpha_shadow »»
39 seconds ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
9 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.