MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Manga Discussion Thread [Spoilers]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» One Piece Fanclub »» Manga Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (119) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
01-18-08, 12:14 PM

Discuss the latest manga chapters in this thread, to avoid having to post on the main club wall and give everyone spoilers who don't follow the manga.

All speculation discussion and thoughts may also be placed in this thread as well.

Update: 10/01/08:

If you are going to discuss manga spoilers (as in, new chapter material before the usual scanlation releases towards the end of the week [on Friday normally] ), simply use spoiler buttons here, so people can choose to view it or not. A lot of people choose to wait till then and do not wish to be spoiled before then, but still want to talk about the manga with fellow One Piece fans. Let's try to keep this a friendly environment too. Because we all love One Piece here :)
Modified by VK11, 10-01-08, 6:41 PM

01-19-08, 4:29 AM

For a second, I seriously thought Oda would let Zoro die... I'm still speechless. >.<

01-19-08, 7:12 AM

I figured Zoro's pride wouldn't let him die. Think about it, Luffy was suffering all that pain and yet he was still alive barely. Zoro, although he thinks really highly of Luffy, still sees him as a rival of sorts and anything he could do, Zoro believes he should be able to take as well. That's probably why he's still standing...somehow anyway. Lol.

By the way, anyone think that at this level right now, Zoro has a chance of beating Mihawk? Once again, there was something that Zoro could not cut - Vegapunk's technological cyborg. I'm thinking that Mihawk wouldn't have a problem with it. Zoro is close, but not there yet at Mihawk's level, in my eyes.
Modified by VK11, 01-19-08, 7:53 AM

01-19-08, 4:02 PM

...Darn. Zoro is supposed to be my least favorite character. But now I can't hate him because... he's a horrible liar. It wasn't that long ago when he said he'd quit the crew if Luffy ever got in the way of his dream, and now here he is, begging for death if it will spare his captain...

Any suggestions as for which character I can hate now? Nezumi from way back in the Arlong Arc, maybe? He was pretty annoying...

01-19-08, 6:29 PM

What an awesome chapter! Sooo epic. Zoro is amazing, to have such strong loyalness to his captain - but then again he always was loyal to Luffy. Back in Post Eneis Lobby arc, he said that he wouldn't accept any member in the crew that can't respect Luffy... which is why he was against letting Usopp come back >0<. I was annoyed by that decision back then, but I figured that he must be very loyal. <3

Ugh~ but this chp also leaves so many questions unanswered. Like, is Kuma going to come back after Zoro, and kill him? How does he know Dragon (did he met him in person)? And who is Dr. Vegapunk that's been metioned so many times already~~~?!?

@vindemon64 - yeah I agree, I think that Zoro is still not in Mihawk's level, though he is almost there. Just a little more to go. :D Maybe he'll meet Kuma again, when he is not beat up so badly, and he'll manage to cut through Dr. Vegapunk's cyborg. Then maybe he'll be ready~ ^_^

01-19-08, 10:05 PM

hmmm...
luffy isn't exacly getting in the way of zoro's ambition,
zoro thinks that he can't be the greatest swordsman if he can't even protect his captain...
that's in my opinion

anyways...i am so eager to know what happens next

as for zoro reaching mihawk's level, i hope they duel again, even if zoro loses, just to see how zoro is catching up to mihawk.

01-20-08, 5:31 AM

danrev123 said:
hmmm...
luffy isn't exacly getting in the way of zoro's ambition,
zoro thinks that he can't be the greatest swordsman if he can't even protect his captain...
that's in my opinion
Yeah mine too.. But guess they'll go to that island on the bottom of the see after this. Don't know what they will find there but its sure a chance Oda-sensei wouldn't miss...although i still want to know what happened to blackbeard and Ace lol

01-20-08, 7:18 PM

Blackbeard becomes a shichibukai...meaning he gained reputation from beating Ace
Though nothing has been mentioned on what happens to Ace.

Merman Island - They will probably encounter the Merman Shichibukai ( Jimbei )
which was Arlong's former captain

01-21-08, 12:26 AM

That's what I thought as well but will they really have 3 Shichibukai in a row?
Oda is more creative than that. ^^

01-21-08, 8:27 AM

danrev123 said:

Merman Island - They will probably encounter the Merman Shichibukai ( Jimbei )
which was Arlong's former captain

Yeah, I also think Jimbei might show his Merman head if Oda decides to navigate the Strawhats towards Merman Island. One Piece is definitely in its second half of its timeline and should be getting closer to Raftel, now that they're in the New World. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. But don't forget about Don Quixote - he's still out there and from what we've seen, his Devil Fruit ability (puppet master?) seems really deadly. Plus, there's still Smoker and Ao Kiji to deal with, not to mention Blackbeard, Whitebeard, Dragon......Ah! So many options available.

01-21-08, 10:39 AM

Yeah thats why I'm not sure about that second half :D...or maybe there could be like 3 or 4 pars lol. And somehow I think that the stawhats will have to beat at least 3 more Shichibukai and deal with 1 more of the 4 warlords of the sea(And Whitebeard and/or Shanks) In addition to Smoker and his formation... And Elbaf off course and somehow i guess luffy's going to play a role in the war between Dragon and the World Government too. (The World Government reminds me somehow to the Red Ribbon army lol)

01-21-08, 8:56 PM

vindemon64 said:
One Piece is definitely in its second half of its timeline and should be getting closer to Raftel, now that they're in the New World.

Wait, they're already in the New World? I thought they will arrive at the New World AFTER Merman Island, or something. I'm confused. Didn't Moria warned them or something that the New World is the "Ultimate Nightmare", saying like its worse than Thriller Bark?

But anyway, yeah, they still have so many opponents to encounter! XP There are so many things yet to be discovered... Sanji needs to find All Blue... Zoro needs to fight Mihawk again... Robin wants to find the Rio Poneglyph (which I've heard many theories say that it's actually One Piece itself)... They will probablly meet Blackbeard again and fight him...Oh! and they have to meet Shanks one day too >0<. Plus I wanna know what happened to Ace so badly.
Thinking about all of this makes me all hyped up. XD

01-22-08, 11:13 AM

No they the Strawhats aren't in the New World. Merman Island is probably in the first part. Its only a probability that the halfway line is after the Enies Lobby-island, but since the Strawhats went back to Water 7 we don't really know that much about that..

01-22-08, 1:32 PM

NoyaChan said:
Ugh~ but this chp also leaves so many questions unanswered. Like, is Kuma going to come back after Zoro, and kill him? How does he know Dragon (did he met him in person)? And who is Dr. Vegapunk that's been metioned so many times already~~~?!?

Didn't he leave Thriller Bark already? He sounded absolutely sure that Zoro was going to die. I doubt that he'll come back. What's more intriguing is what he'll say to the WG? I doubt that they'll just let the SH off the hook. regarding Kuma knowing Dragon, Dragon is a world-renowned figure. Kuma could probably just know him by name. as for how he found out about the connection between Dragon and Luffy, two sources come to mind: Garp or Ace.

vindemon64 said:
By the way, anyone think that at this level right now, Zoro has a chance of beating Mihawk? Once again, there was something that Zoro could not cut - Vegapunk's technological cyborg. I'm thinking that Mihawk wouldn't have a problem with it. Zoro is close, but not there yet at Mihawk's level, in my eyes.

IMO, I don't think he's there yet. but he's made significant progress and will even become more powerful in the future. remember, he's still not used to his new blade. once he learns to wield it efficiently, who knows how much more powerful he'll be.

Spade said:
That's what I thought as well but will they really have 3 Shichibukai in a row?
Oda is more creative than that. ^^

that's a good point. then again, when should the SH fight them? I think that this is the perfect time for them to increase their battle experience and capabilities. what lies in the New World are the Yonkou, not to mention that they have to look over their shoulder to see if the WG is right behind them.

NoyaChan said:
There are so many things yet to be discovered... Sanji needs to find All Blue... Zoro needs to fight Mihawk again... Robin wants to find the Rio Poneglyph (which I've heard many theories say that it's actually One Piece itself)...

here's the most interesting theory I've read about "what One Piece is", as well as the events that occurred during the Void Century, Gol D. Roger's intentions and how it all affects the Strawhats.

this was posted in one of the forums I used to frequent. the source was originally from the Arlong Park forums though I couldn't find the URL.

Modified by avrc, 01-22-08, 2:01 PM

01-22-08, 2:22 PM

hmmm interesting theory....But i don't think so somehow..Roger was probably the same as Luffy and not thinking that far ahead. Somehow luffy seems to "change the hearth" of some(if not all) of the Island they visit. I mean look at Arlong park, Arabasta, drum and water 7. I think all those island would join Dragon if they knew the connection between Luffy and Dragon and they'd had the chance to...

But anyway about One Piece, Roger didn't say he left it at Rafel. He said he left it at "that place". "That place" is the whole grand line imo and One Piece is the most important thing to Roger; a place with the greatest and wildest adventures, the strongest guys and the most unpredictable sea in the world.

....Or maybe it's just the only place to find Hercules beetles lol

01-26-08, 7:44 AM

What does everyone think of Ace being locked up at some other prison (Impel Down, I believe it was named?). I wonder if Oda will have Luffy and co. go rescue Ace. Though it would be a little similar to Enies Lobby and rescuing Robin, so I don' think Oda will take that route...yet anyway.

01-26-08, 12:09 PM

well, not worrying about the details...they should rescue ace sometime
i mean, rumors says that no one has ever come back from impel down
luffy is so simple minded that he would want to rescue ace.
plus ace should not end up like this after all...

01-26-08, 11:25 PM

The question is "what will Whitebeard do, now that Ace is in Impel Down?" will they go to rescue Ace and take down Blackbeard at the same time, but then again, Impel Down is meant to be mpenetrable, but now Whitebeard has a reason to start a war with the WG.

Now that Thriller Bark has ended or close to ending next chapter, do you think the Mugiwaras bounties will go up again, in such a small amount of time?
Wasn't Gecko an ex Shichibukai? or did i remember it wrong :P

IMO what will happen next for Mugiwaras is that they'll take Brooke in as their new nakama and head to merman island, though it was weird how they didn't show most of Brooke face when he was still alive. He may go off on his own to see Laboon, you never know.

01-27-08, 8:47 AM

Firana said:
The question is "what will Whitebeard do, now that Ace is in Impel Down?" will they go to rescue Ace and take down Blackbeard at the same time, but then again, Impel Down is meant to be mpenetrable, but now Whitebeard has a reason to start a war with the WG.

My first thought when I heard that Ace was in Impel down was... maybe Whitebeard and Dragon would team up to rescue him. Whitebeard would obviously have an interest in saving his sidekick... And Dragon wouldn't pass up an oportunity to do that much damage to the World Government, not to mention Ace is kind of his son. Luffy did make their job infintely easier by wiping out CP9 and a few of the Shichibukai...

01-27-08, 10:03 AM

I don't think Dragon and Whitebeard would join up.. Somehow i think that Dragon and Shanks are involved (Since he was asking about ace and with Luffy when he was younger)

Impel down is at the bottom of the sea, so i guess it could be located on merman island or something, or it could be connected somehow.

Pages (119) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices