Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2010
DISCLAIMER: This discussion thread will involve everything that's happened up to the currently aired episode. Anything beyond that(such as book info), please use spoiler tags.

Episode 1 just aired a few days ago. What are everyone's thoughts on it?

A few things I found interesting:

- Prince Oberwyn. This guy wants vengeance, but does he also want the throne? I think so.
- Daenerys' control of her dragons starting to slip.
- Arya and the Hound make a fun pair. There's sort of a twisted father/daughter element to their relationship. And let's admit, Arya got the best scene in this entire episode.
KalistoApr 9, 2014 10:53 AM
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2009
Arya is a bamf and I worship her
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Apr 9, 2014 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Overall, a great episode. What surprised me is the control that Daenerys lacked on her ever growing dragons. The end with Arya was sweet, sweet justice too.

Apr 9, 2014 11:04 AM

May 2013
Arya is awesome! I really want her to kill Cersei some day xD
Damn I felt sorry for Jamie when he was talking to Joffrey, he should have slapped that motha fucking son of his. Why does he take all that crap from his family, he should run off with Brienne or something. Sansa crying, whats new -_-

Tywin is an entertaining bastard, I can't wait to see what happens between him and that Martel guy.

I must be one of the few people who don't care about Danny :|
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 9, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
gravityhappens said:
Arya is a bamf and I worship her

Totally. I'm glad she got Needle back.

Aylaine said:

SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Damn I felt sorry for Jamie when he was talking to Joffrey, he should have slapped that motha fucking son of his. Why does he take all that crap from his family, he should run off with Brienne or something. Sansa crying, whats new -_-

Tywin is an entertaining bastard, I can't wait to see what happens between him and that Martel guy.

Why Jaime puts up with all this crap is a good question. I think he's just grown a lot during his time away from King's Landing. He got a taste of what the real world is like. Plus losing his sword hand must have humbled him quite a bit. But then again, when Joffrey was spewing that verbal crap to his father, Jaime had a look on his face like, "I'm a better man than you." Despite the shady things Jaime has done, I think his true self is starting to come out.

I don't care so much for Danny as I do others, but her dragons and her army make her an interesting character. I think it's interesting how she thinks it's better for her people to love her, whereas Tywin thinks it's better for people to fear the Lannisters.
Apr 9, 2014 11:46 AM
Oct 2011
Really liked how the Hound is still with Arya, these 2 have good chemistry.

On a related note, anyone want some chicken?

Next Episode:
Apr 10, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Kirie_Himuro said:

Anyway, enjoyable episode. Charles Dance makes Tywin such a likeable asshole even though he's unlikeable, then again I find that about a number of the characters.

Looking forward to that.

Apr 11, 2014 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
Aylaine said:
Kirie_Himuro said:

Anyway, enjoyable episode. Charles Dance makes Tywin such a likeable asshole even though he's unlikeable, then again I find that about a number of the characters.

Looking forward to that.

Apr 11, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Between Joffrey, Cercei and Tywin, he got some going over in that episode

Dany's an insufferable bitch.
Apr 11, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
you do really have to wonder what arya is capable of.
i'm afraid the series will get cut off and we will never find out. i've only read the first two books.
she is the dark horse
Apr 11, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2010
daintybiscuit said:
i'm afraid the series will get cut off and we will never find out. i've only read the first two books.
she is the dark horse

Supposedly GRRM has told the directors the character endings in case the worst happens.
Apr 11, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2008
-R.I.P Ice.
-Perfect Oberyn and Ellaria casting.
-EPIC Joffrey statue! What would Westeros do without him?
-Janos fuckin Slynt.
-Arya and Sandor FTW.

and Jaime heh, he's having a real tough time in the hell hole that's Kings Landing.

Really good and enjoyable episode, just missing the one true King.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Apr 11, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2012
is anyone else shipping brienne and jaime? i mean seriously, its bizarre but hard to avoid
Apr 11, 2014 11:01 PM
Oct 2011
Kalisto said:
daintybiscuit said:
she is the dark horse

Supposedly GRRM has told the directors the character endings in case the worst happens.
Well so far in the books her fate seems a bit more obvious than in the TV-series.
Apr 11, 2014 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
Kalisto said:

Yeah,

Apr 12, 2014 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
Oberynn got a good actor...I can't wait how they managed to make the fight....
And it seems wedding will be in the next episode, I am hyped to see it.
Apr 12, 2014 1:16 AM

Mar 2009
Finally it's out.

The only thing that worries me is if they'll continue to change the order of events in the series.
Apr 12, 2014 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
daintybiscuit said:
is anyone else shipping brienne and jaime? i mean seriously, its bizarre but hard to avoid

"Are you sure we're not related?" If that wasn't him hitting on her then I don't even.
Apr 12, 2014 7:49 AM

Feb 2013
daintybiscuit said:

Absolutely. They have one of the only kind of normal relationships/friendship.

Would watch buddy cop shenanigans with the hound and Arya.
Now that Prince Oberwyn is here, it's nice to hear more of the back story with Rhaegar and all from the past. I find the previous war very interesting actually. But isn't it kind of weird that the Martells have waited so long? Meh I know diplomacy and waiting for your chance and all, but anyway should be itneresting.
Finally, Jon has a more than tolerable scene to showcase his acting.
Also, interested in the dynamic between Jaime and Tywin.

What does everyone think of the new Daario?! I find him completely unremarkable :/
Apr 12, 2014 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
ataxia_ said:
Absolutely. They have one of the only kind of normal relationships/friendship.

Yes. Her personality really matches his new worldview since being captured/tortured in the earlier seasons.

Apr 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
just a general observation (from the past)

i wish someone would throw Jorah a bone. is he doomed to follow Daenerys forever?
I hope not. I think his character has a lot more potential
Apr 12, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
daintybiscuit said:

i wish someone would throw Jorah a bone. is he doomed to follow Daenerys forever?

Being friendzoned sucks.
Apr 12, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
Kalisto said:
daintybiscuit said:

Being friendzoned sucks.

lol! EPIC friendzoned!
Apr 13, 2014 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
daintybiscuit said:

Apr 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2012
Apr 13, 2014 10:08 AM
Oct 2011
daintybiscuit said:
She doesn't know that he was a spy yet.
Apr 13, 2014 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Candor said:
daintybiscuit said:

Apr 13, 2014 11:12 AM
Oct 2011
Aylaine said:
Candor said:
daintybiscuit said:

There was no Whitebeard in the TV-series, so Barriston was shown too early. That might've been how you got things mixed up. In the books

Btw when will the 2nd episode come out? How many hours left? (It should be one hell of an episode)
Apr 13, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
lol I haven't read the book but I still can't resist opening the spoilers :D
Apr 13, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 2011
Anon1409 said:
lol I haven't read the book but I still can't resist opening the spoilers :D
Good thing I didn't mention other things that happened and led to that then. :P
Apr 13, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
man this show fucking confuses me sometimes lol
Apr 13, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
I couldn't resist sharing these amazing/hilarious Hound and Arya pics with you guys. No spoilers.

http://i.imgur.com/4vctW5m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G0KJMWZ.jpg
Apr 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead. I really didn't see a future for his character anyway. His schtick would only last so long anyway. So, i wasn't really surprised. I knew it was odd when Tyrion picked up a random goblet. In most conventional narratives there are obvious hints and clues as to what is coming. Not that i though it was bad, but now what for Tyrion?

i am not using spoilers b/c OP designated you have seen it or not. and i'm being vague. LOL
Apr 13, 2014 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Kalisto said:
I couldn't resist sharing these amazing/hilarious Hound and Arya pics with you guys. No spoilers.

http://i.imgur.com/4vctW5m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G0KJMWZ.jpg

Aha. The second picture is gold. This one too!

Candor said:

Btw when will the 2nd episode come out? How many hours left? (It should be one hell of an episode)

Hopefully soon. Also yes, that's why I got confused. Forgot a few things are different between the show and the books.
Apr 13, 2014 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
i thought so? now i feel bad
Apr 13, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
daintybiscuit said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure we are. Meh, screw it.

Spoilers from episode 2 below:

Ramsey is the most terrifying thing to happen to this series in my opinion. Every time I see him I feel so paranoid. The hunting scene was fucked up, and Theon's mind has been absolutely destroyed. The sooner Ramsey is gone the better. Even though I hate what he did to Winterfell, it kind of saddened me to see Theon's reaction to finding out Rob was dead.

Finally King Bieber is dead. Been waiting for three seasons to see him go down but I'm left slightly underwhelmed, it didn't seem painful enough. I don't read the books, but to me it seems like the Tyrells were responsible since it seemed like they were paying close attention to the wine before he drunk it. I like Margery so I hope she gets away with it if she did do it, though I don't want Tyrion to take the blame either =(

So Brienne likes Jamie huh? I never actually noticed that, seems like something I should have picked up on.

Cersei is being a bitch as usual. Giving the leftover food to the dogs instead of the poor? Come on, how inflated can someone's sense of their own importance be? Total disregard for the lower classes. Hopefully Margery genuinely cares for the poor and it isn't just some kind of act to gain their support.

And Sansa has gone on the run with Joffrey's Fool? Hoping she can get out of King's Landing and to a better place. Though I'm wondering if Margery would let any harm come to Sansa now that she's queen?
MinagatachiApr 13, 2014 10:04 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2007
God damn weddings man.
Apr 13, 2014 11:38 PM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
daintybiscuit said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure we are. Meh, screw it.

Spoilers from episode 2 below:

Ramsey is the most terrifying thing to happen to this series in my opinion. Every time I see him I feel so paranoid. The hunting scene was fucked up, and Theon's mind has been absolutely destroyed. The sooner Ramsey is gone the better. Even though I hate what he did to Winterfell, it kind of saddened me to see Theon's reaction to finding out Rob was dead.

Finally King Bieber is dead. Been waiting for three seasons to see him go down but I'm left slightly underwhelmed, it didn't seem painful enough. I don't read the books, but to me it seems like the Tyrells were responsible since it seemed like they were paying close attention to the wine before he drunk it. I like Margery so I hope she gets away with it if she did do it, though I don't want Tyrion to take the blame either =(

So Brienne likes Jamie huh? I never actually noticed that, seems like something I should have picked up on.

Cersei is being a bitch as usual. Giving the leftover food to the dogs instead of the poor? Come on, how inflated can someone's sense of their own importance be? Total disregard for the lower classes. Hopefully Margery genuinely cares for the poor and it isn't just some kind of act to gain their support.

And Sansa has gone on the run with Joffrey's Fool? Hoping she can get out of King's Landing and to a better place. Though I'm wondering if Margery would let any harm come to Sansa now that she's queen?

Everyone always talks about hating Joffrey, but I hate Cersei so damn much more! I was hoping that Joffrey's end would have been more painful, but I guess I can reserve those hopes for Cersei.

There are a lot of people I'm waiting to see meet horrible ends, and Cersei is at the top of that list.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 13, 2014 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
YESSSSSSSS!!!

FUCK YESSS!!

YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!YES! YES! YES!

THANK YOU GEORGE RR MARTIN!!!!!!!!!

RED WEDDING Pt. 2!!!!

FUCK YOU JOFFREY, BURN IN HELL MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Apr 13, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2008
Oh that felt SOOOOOO GOOD!!!

I was cumming buckets watching Joffrey die.....this is soooo GOOD!

FINALLY, THERE IS JUSTICE!

That was one delicious red Purple wedding!

THE STARKS SEND THEIR REGARDS!
--ALEX--Apr 14, 2014 12:06 AM
Apr 14, 2014 12:51 AM

Apr 2011
Glad to see that not only the good guys die in this series hehe
Apr 14, 2014 3:41 AM

May 2013
So we got rid off one sadistic sociopath but gained another in the same episode. Torturing Theon an enemy is one thing but hunting some random farmgirl whoa! And that scene with Stannis crazy bitch who enjoyed watching her brother burn to crish. Stannis wife scares me more than that red witch, did she really want her daughter to die?! I used to support Stannis claim to the throne back in season 1 but this nigga has lost his mind.

Bran's story is getting interesting, I wonder with who is communicating.

Finally Joffrey dies, it's about time this son of a bitch got killed. I watched that cup/wine scene like 3/4 times and I suspect the Tyrells mainly Margaery. She held the cup and put it on the table when Joffrey cut the pie. Granny Tyrell was sitting right across so she could have done it as well. Speaking of Granny Tyrell, she is one of my favorite female characters. Love her wit and sarcasm, she rivals Tywin in that aspect.

Kalisto said:

Why Jaime puts up with all this crap is a good question. I think he's just grown a lot during his time away from King's Landing. He got a taste of what the real world is like. Plus losing his sword hand must have humbled him quite a bit. But then again, when Joffrey was spewing that verbal crap to his father, Jaime had a look on his face like, "I'm a better man than you." Despite the shady things Jaime has done, I think his true self is starting to come out.

I don't care so much for Danny as I do others, but her dragons and her army make her an interesting character. I think it's interesting how she thinks it's better for her people to love her, whereas Tywin thinks it's better for people to fear the Lannisters.

Jamie really needs to man up in this season, he gave his father the middel finger last episode. It's about time that he tells Cersei to find another Lannister to do. But I'm afraid that he will stay by her side now that she lost Joffrey grrr.

I only cared for Danny story in the first season when it looked like she and her brother would attack Kingslanding. I know that she is not going to lose to non Westeros families/cities so her whole 'war' feels like filler to me. And that whole ''white chick that frees the black slaves thing'' is a bit iffy in my opinion. I will pay attention to her when she is deals with Tywin Lannister.

daintybiscuit said:

I totally ship them! Jamie needs somebody who can be his moral compass and Brienne fits that role perfectly. To bad man think with their D and not their brain. I was smiling when Ceirsei made her more or less confess her feelings, fingers crossed!!!
SaSa-ZoldyckApr 14, 2014 9:23 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
I've been waiting for Joffrey's death for so long. Since he's gone,
Apr 14, 2014 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
I'll say one thing....the reaction videos fucking suck.

The Red Wedding reaction videos had people literally in tears and with the most confused looks I've ever seen...

But I didn't see anything that good for this occasion.

Yesterday night I was doing cartwheels and fist pumping the whole time that little fucker was slowly and agonizing drawing his final breaths.

Anyways....Ding Dong the Dick is Dead, let's all have a toast to King Joffrey!
Apr 14, 2014 1:20 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
i was stupid enough to read this before watching the second episode..
Apr 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, meant to post in here. Oh well.

Sansa's a cunt for not appreciating Tyrion. Tyrion is boss.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
Sansa is my babe

And I totally ship Jaime and Brienne
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Apr 14, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2011
The second episode was great, but I don't share you hatred for Joffrey.

You all have to admit that the Lannisters are the most interesting great house in Westeros and without them the story wouldn't be that good. While Thyrion is fairly popular with the fans, I believe Jaime is the most interesting protagonist both in the books and in the series. He has so many layers and great character development. I will not spoil things, but Jaime little by little becomes a noble hero, as the story progresses.
Apr 14, 2014 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
Tyrion is best Lannister.

Arya is best Stark.

That is all.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 14, 2014 3:17 PM
Dec 2011
I cant even explain the statisfaction when i saw Joffrey's dying face. Loved the second episode!
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7564 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
3 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
10 hours ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
10 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.