Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2008 12:00 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell!? Is that really the last one? There's still so much stuff they didn't explain!

Feb 9, 2008 12:38 PM

Dec 2007
Is there any information bout 2d season? o_O
Apr 2, 2008 2:42 PM

Mar 2008
apparently theyre not planning on a 2nd season. theyre ending it in the manga instead. yep 26 is the final one. i was a bit disappointd - i thought the ending wud hav ended the curse, and loads of stuff wasnt explaind. and she neva made the choice btween cat or mouse! i go 4 cat :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2008 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
Juliab said:
What the hell!? Is that really the last one? There's still so much stuff they didn't explain!

I feel the same way, we did not see all the animals as well, right?
Also what is with her friends and her powers or what?

So many questions...
Apr 23, 2008 9:53 AM
Dec 2007
Why was kyo the only one with an evil form? Last two episodes really took the show in an other direction, woa!
May 9, 2008 5:30 AM

Sep 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Juliab said:

I feel the same way, we did not see all the animals as well, right?
Also what is with her friends and her powers or what?

So many questions...

I felt the same way as well... They didn't explain much of what we wanted to know. That's why I've started to read the manga. But I loved it.
Back when I didn't read the manga I would almost every day think about the way Kyo embraced Tohru, and then a smile would spread across my face. Now, I still do. xD But I'm much better informed.
May 9, 2008 6:41 AM

Aug 2007
Of all this episode is the one that sucks. It doesnt explain anything.
Sep 23, 2008 11:54 AM
Aug 2007
idgi
Nov 29, 2008 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
I am literally crying right now. The part with Tohru and Akito has left me with tears streaming down my eyes. I feel like a baby, but I can't help it. It might not make sense for some people, but it does to me. This has proved how brilliant Fruits Basket is, and is now one my the best animes i've seen.
Dec 22, 2008 8:10 PM
Nov 2007
The last episode was enough to get me to finally post. The ending, and the episode before, really veered off track. It was far too late into the series for something of this magnitude to happen. I'm a bit disappointed that we did not get to meet the entire zodiac, I'm very surprised in Akito's change in attitude(however small), and I was shocked to see Mr. rat rush in without hesitation(even knowing of his gigantic fear of Akito). Overall, I can say that the ending did not disappoint me, and I am most likely to read the Manga now. I rated this series an 8/10.
Jan 24, 2009 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
*sigh* i want more fruits basket T_T
Mar 12, 2009 11:03 AM

Mar 2009
When i for the first time watched this ep, I coulden't stop crying. I realy love this serie. Sure, the final ep didn't explain all but it was still so beutifull.
But I realy want a second season!

for all of you who want to know the rest of the story, read the manga! I love the manga as well.
"The scariest thing... The most painful thing is to be hated by someone you truly love." - Fruits Basket
Mar 26, 2009 12:35 AM

Feb 2009
They wasted a whole episode on bunch of fan girls and didn't even bother taking more time explaining the whole idea of the curse and all. The last 3 episodes seemed to be too rushed. Introducing some new mysteries and wrapping them up with lots of loose ends. The whole show was a 7/10 but the last three episodes are more in the 5/10 range in my opinion.

May 7, 2009 9:42 AM

Mar 2009
There needs to be a second series no ifs or buts about this was a brilliant anime but they left it at such a point where so much more needs to be developed and explained.

May 15, 2009 8:24 AM
May 2009
I just finished watching it a couple of minutes ago. The last few episodes were much better than the whole show if you ask me. It was boring up until the end but like everyone else said, the ending seemed like the beginning of something new but all it did was leave questions in my head. I still wouldn't watch this show again.
May 25, 2009 7:43 AM
May 2009
ok.. i luv the anime. hav never read the manga though. it was very touchin; it made me both laff sooo much and cry like a baby. but i dunt relli get the laz episode. i mean.. why was yuki cryin when he asked honda chan to tell the truth in front of kyo in dat ugly form.. does it mean dat he thought honda chan liked kyo more? [[ok i mite b overthinkin it since i'm on yuki side]]

they're lots of mysteries presented in this very laz episode instead resolvin the earlier mysteries in the story.. dat's wat made this laz episode very frustrating - it's a gud episode but not a gud laz episode. and i agree that the yuki's fan club episode is kinda irratating; and dat the few laz episodes got relli off trak - well it wud hav been fine if it's not the LAST few epi.

-xx.
Jun 2, 2009 9:01 AM
Sep 2008
you could get away with watcg eps 1, 2, 24, 25 and all you would miss is how everyone gets to met..

first two to introduce people
last two to have the plot (or lack of one)

all the rest just feel like there there to add some space to it.
Jul 30, 2009 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
shade0o said:
you could get away with watcg eps 1, 2, 24, 25 and all you would miss is how everyone gets to met..

first two to introduce people
last two to have the plot (or lack of one)

all the rest just feel like there there to add some space to it.

Agreed.

But i was about fed up with tohru trying to fix everyone with her love or whatever playing therapist thinking she can change anything. I know this is a shojou anime and that its every girls dream to change a scarred man with love or smth but it really doesnt work that way. It takes years with a therapist not a 2 min speech.
Aug 1, 2009 6:56 AM
Jun 2009
i think fruits basket is a pretty cool girl. eh likes everyone and doesn't afraid of anything.
Aug 2, 2009 4:07 PM

May 2009
well, i'm glad the curse didn't end
or am i? O.o
Aug 4, 2009 6:40 AM

Jul 2009
Finished Fruits Basket not too long ago and gotta say, it was VERY enjoyable and well thought out, although slightly in the "Not my thing" department (Most likely due to shojou), it still managed to grip me and keep me watching all the way through. I can see why its popular though.

A very nice "Open" ending that makes me want to read the manga.

And lol,
But i was about fed up with tohru trying to fix everyone with her love or whatever playing therapist thinking she can change anything.

Made me laugh ;) But I agree somewhat.
Aug 12, 2009 8:55 PM
May 2009
This is one of the few things that had made me cry. I was wonder how a bunch of stuff would be explained in the last few minutes but I know that wasn't going to happen. I wish they had more to continue on. This anime really had me hooked I watch it all in about a day.
Aug 25, 2009 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
Aw, I didn't really get the part with Akito and I wish it was longer or at least a 2nd season. I cried the whole episode too, haha.

I loved Tohru, she's so great~

jedimagician said:
i think fruits basket is a pretty cool girl. eh likes everyone and doesn't afraid of anything.
Hahaha xD

Sep 4, 2009 12:58 AM

Aug 2009
Last episode was utter crap.

Definately in my top five of bad endings.

Which aggravates me as the rest of the series was really good.
Sep 22, 2009 1:17 AM
Aug 2009
skys0ng said:
Last episode was utter crap.

Definately in my top five of bad endings.

Which aggravates me as the rest of the series was really good.

I think i have to agree. Halfway through i was just thinking to myself, 'there's really too much material left for them to finish in the next 10 minutes' and of course they left it really sketchy. They should have started with all the serious stuff a few episodes earlier, maybe cut out that horrible ep 22 about the fan girls, to get it a little more filled out.

I spose I'll have to go and read the manga to get the rest of the story, what a pain.

On a side note, i hope she picks Yuki <3
Sep 23, 2009 6:34 PM

Sep 2008
The sheer number of loose ends left kind of disappoints me... I might read the manga someday, just to give the series some closure in my mind. The ending was so... open-ended. Anyway it was a pretty good series. Not a masterpiece, but enjoyable.
Sep 30, 2009 10:41 AM
Jan 2009
sugarplumfairy said:
apparently theyre not planning on a 2nd season. theyre ending it in the manga instead. yep 26 is the final one. i was a bit disappointd - i thought the ending wud hav ended the curse, and loads of stuff wasnt explaind. and she neva made the choice btween cat or mouse! i go 4 cat :P

In what volume/chap. can i continue reading fruit baskets in the manga?
i want to continue!!!
so many questions unanswered..
Sep 30, 2009 11:45 PM
Aug 2008
I liked it!I read the manga too thats why i liked it xD if you want to know the rest read the manga
Oct 1, 2009 1:35 AM

Sep 2009
the end was super bad>< is there gonna be a second season?
Oct 12, 2009 5:10 PM

Oct 2009
Meeeh... That was a pretty lame ending... They truly do need to make a second season to finish the story! At least the manga is completed..
Oct 19, 2009 8:32 AM

Oct 2008
Does the manga tie up all the loose ends though? Hope it does, cause then I needa get my hands on the manga.. :P
Nov 5, 2009 6:59 PM

Mar 2008
Yes the manga clears up everything.
Nov 13, 2009 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
I thought it was a good ending to the show, actually one of the few open-ended endings i actually liked. The characters in this show were developed very nicely, better than alot of other shows i've watched. The comedy was great for most of the show, but few episodes here and there were boring. Tohru was a bit unrealistic at certain points. Lost some points for the incredible amount of things not explained, and for 26 episodes you think a bit more would've happened in the plot department. Forgetting that, was a enjoyable watch. I gave it a 8/10.
Nov 30, 2009 3:00 PM

Sep 2009
jedimagician said:

Hehe, i see u watched Arby 'n' the Chief^^

Well, i think Fruits basket was great, but the 2nd season with more explanations is missing :P
Bleach ga saiko ka jibun ni! (:
Dec 1, 2009 7:36 PM

Nov 2009
i really wish there was a 2nd season!!! i really wanted to see other someas!!! i feel bad for thoru... she got pulled by the hair... that MUST have hurt!!!
Dec 1, 2009 7:38 PM

Mar 2008
PFFT. Hate it when the anime ends wayyyyy in the beginning of the whole story plot.
Dec 11, 2009 8:36 AM

Oct 2009
really enjoyed fruits basket. Although, i did feel the last episode was WAY too rushed. they could have made an entire arc out of the akito encounter in this episode.
plus i really wanted her to end up with yuki, im sick of these open endings!
Dec 28, 2009 4:41 AM

May 2009
well.., that was a big WTF ending.
I guess i have to read the manga >.<
Man, Im so lazy -.-

Dec 28, 2009 6:15 PM
Dec 2007
the only reason I watched this whole series because I have nothing else to do these days... not saying that the series was bad, but it wasn't much enjoyable... 6/10 since shoujo is not really my genre...
Jan 11, 2010 8:15 AM

Jan 2010
i love it ....its a masterpiece...XD

Jan 15, 2010 1:58 AM
Nov 2009
Well, it had a happy ending :)

There are lots of things that I didn't undertand.

1. Why on earth does Akito hate Tohru so much? She has done nothing but good for every one of his family that she has met.

2. Why is Akito going t die? When it said "he has all of our Juunishi curses", why does that mean he will die? And Akito also said "They want me to die", why would him dieing help them?

3. I didn't understand why Yuki reacted the way he did when they found in Kyo in his cursed form. He perhaps wanted Tohru to say how she felt because he knew it would be nice, and would make Kyo feel better? But even so, why was he crying?

Once that is understood, I can judge the ending ^_^

They definitely should have continued it, though! Does anyone know why they do that? Stop an anime when the Manga is still going?

Might have to go and read the manga =__=; *dislikes reading manga*

Mar 3, 2010 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
Juliab said:

!!!

i knew that Tohru will make finally Akito more at her side, it's weird that normally she's a little dumb and then she has her moments
and i wish to see who; Kyou or Yuki say her his feelings.
so many questions, so many... i need a 2nd season.
Mar 13, 2010 10:59 AM
Mar 2010
Lilah said:
Well, it had a happy ending :)

There are lots of things that I didn't undertand.

1. Why on earth does Akito hate Tohru so much? She has done nothing but good for every one of his family that she has met.

2. Why is Akito going t die? When it said "he has all of our Juunishi curses", why does that mean he will die? And Akito also said "They want me to die", why would him dieing help them?

3. I didn't understand why Yuki reacted the way he did when they found in Kyo in his cursed form. He perhaps wanted Tohru to say how she felt because he knew it would be nice, and would make Kyo feel better? But even so, why was he crying?

Once that is understood, I can judge the ending ^_^

They definitely should have continued it, though! Does anyone know why they do that? Stop an anime when the Manga is still going?

Might have to go and read the manga =__=; *dislikes reading manga*

To answer your questions
1.Akito hates Tohru because she's breaking the control he has on them and also he's miserable so he's wants everyone else to be as well,at least that's my thinking.
2. He's going to die because he is sick,he was born sick and I think if he died the curse would break for a while at least.
3.why was Yuki crying or Kyo? Yuki wanted Kyo to stop running from the things he fears and he(Yuki)understands most what Kyo's going through
May 19, 2010 8:52 AM

Dec 2009
wesley96 said:
I am literally crying right now. The part with Tohru and Akito has left me with tears streaming down my eyes. I feel like a baby, but I can't help it. It might not make sense for some people, but it does to me.

Me, too! But, I must admit that, up until the Ep. 24, I used Fruits Basket as a "palette cleanser" while watching more intense anime. Then suddenly, WHAMMO! I get hit in the gut with some serious drama! I was pleasantly & utterly shocked by it, too.

Are some specifics left unsaid? Sure. I think this leaves room for each person to internalize the story, & make it their own. I would have liked it either way, I suppose.

To be honest, I don't think I could do a second season of Fruits Basket unless the writing was on par with the last few episodes. They've raised the bar, & my expectations have risen right along with it. I hope they can pull it off.
May 27, 2010 4:49 PM

Apr 2010
Okay, the ending was pretty cool. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I still had no clue what the curse entailed. I mean, why were they cursed in the first place and MORE IMPORTANTLY, how the F**K do you break it? I thought at least the curse would be broken when Tohru got through to Akito(Still don't like him...), but I guess not. I guess I'm gonna have to read the manga to find out. But overall, Fruits Basket is a really good anime. It's just the ending was a little lacking. :)

Jul 1, 2010 9:20 PM

Mar 2009
Overall, a good adaptation of the manga.

However, the last three episodes left a bad taste in my mouth. They poorly handled Tohru's reaction to Kyo's transformation. In the manga, yes, she is shocked and surprised, and yes, she throws up by the tree because of the smell, but she moves along right to Kyo after that; she never visits her mom's grave, Akito doesn't show up, and Yuki doesn't run after Kyo, either. It was supposed to be a defining moment between only Kyo and Tohru, which Kazuma risked everything for. By having Yuki along, and Tohru's strong reluctance to go see him(the cemetery scene in episode 25), it somewhat undermines her character and their relationship. That being said, the stuff with Kyo and Kazuma was still great. Very touching.

Also, lolwut at the random Akito dying plotline. I understand this is an adaptation and they're trying to end things, but still...

Really great stuff until the last three episodes, though, and it's not like they completely destroyed this important moment. 8/10.
Jul 3, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
I've just finished Furuba and... well - it's sad that this is end T_T
I wan more.

I was crying at the last episode.

But I feel a bit disappointed.
They didn't explain everything and Tohru didn't choose between Yuki nor Kyo. I wanted to see them saying that someone has fell in love with the other one.
I wanted to see.. kissu :<

And I am wondering.
Can they have for example kids with person opposite sex only from their family?
Because if it was Tohru they would change into animals :|
MiyokiOct 29, 2010 4:21 PM
Aug 10, 2010 7:28 AM

Feb 2010
I cried my way through the two last episodes. Now my head hurts. Nice ending but I wish they would have ended the curse. But the anime was a joyful ride nonetheless! :D
Aug 27, 2010 10:15 PM

Oct 2009
Kya... Good anime ... with good storyline..

when i watched all episode of this anime.. it made me cry a lot... >.<, laugh, and shock too..

hiks.. is there any information bout 2nd season??

manga already finished 4 years ago.. >.<

kya.. hope.. Tohru-Kyo couple in the end..

Aug 29, 2010 4:04 PM

May 2010
I finshed FB a while back and really liked it, so i read the manga, but now im wishing there was MORE episodes!! there has to be! i mean theres so much thay need to show! and i want to see all the cute kyo x thoru moments!! ♥☺☻
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 6 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 15, 2008

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 9, 9:12 AM

» Is there any reason to start with this version rather than the remake?

herofelix77 - Jun 20, 2021

20 by wildhood »»
Mar 7, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Dec 25, 2008

26 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 29, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 12 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 22, 2008

25 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Juliab - Dec 13, 2007

51 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 22, 11:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.