Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2014 1:48 AM

Sep 2012
loskierek said:
really? REALLY?! He fuken saved him? God I hate shounens. Just let the guy die ffs.

This.
Apr 9, 2014 1:53 AM
Jun 2011
i hope that in the next chapter they will show what power sasuke got from the sage
Apr 9, 2014 2:01 AM

May 2013
Gai gets saved?! Holyshit can this even be called a war? Fuck this chapter!!!

1/5
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 9, 2014 2:15 AM

Apr 2010
Not even Guy is going to die ahahahahaha.
Apr 9, 2014 2:20 AM
Mar 2014
Gai needs to die, how come they can kill Neji so easy but not Gai?
Apr 9, 2014 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
What is that from?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 2:27 AM
Apr 9, 2014 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
mijaelblanco said:
Gai needs to die, how come they can kill Neji so easy but not Gai?

Sadly, at this point, I'm almost 100% certain that Neji will get revived.
Apr 9, 2014 2:40 AM

Mar 2011
Gai dying would be pointless. Not to say that saving him was a good thing. But making him have a fight with Madara that we know is meaningless in the overall plot , since the ones to take him down will be Sasuke and Naruto, then his on-screen time is just to pay tribute to him for once and nothing more. Him dying while having no oeffect would a death just for shock-value if anything else. I don't see a big reason to fret about it and you should have seen it coming.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Apr 9, 2014 2:46 AM

Oct 2012
I kinda was hoping Guy would die in a blaze of glory so the fact he might pull through is a little annoying. He can still die maybe naruto just prolonged his death by a short while for some kind of final monologue or something. I mean it really doesn't make too much of a difference if he dies or lives but if this really is the final arc some big things need to happen to shake it up a bunch.

Though Guy was badass in this chapter and the fact he did so much damage to Madara was awesome.
Apr 9, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2014
I saw it coming
Apr 9, 2014 2:49 AM
Aug 2012
I'd prefer Gai to die. They always talked about how dangerous opening the Chakra gates were. We see the payoff, there NEEDS to be consequences...

Now we're at the end. The final match up of the war. Naruto + Sasuke vs Madara here we go.
Apr 9, 2014 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
Kanic said:

Gai dying would be pointless. Not to say that saving him was a good thing. But making him have a fight with Madara that we know is meaningless in the overall plot , since the ones to take him down will be Sasuke and Naruto, then his on-screen time is just to pay tribute to him for once and nothing more. Him dying while having no oeffect would a death just for shock-value if anything else. I don't see a big reason to fret about it and you should have seen it coming.

Except it would've been very easy to make this fight have an impact on how things go from now. I and some other people fully expected Gai to deal some damage to Madara that would come back and bite him in the ass in his fight against Naruto. Like "Oh shit the wound he received from Gai was one of the deciding factors for Madaras ultimate downfall". Very easy pull off and would've been a lot more satisfying than the shit we've gotten now.
Apr 9, 2014 3:31 AM

Mar 2011
grandy_UiD said:

Except it would've been very easy to make this fight have an impact on how things go from now. I and some other people fully expected Gai to deal some damage to Madara that would come back and bite him in the ass in his fight against Naruto. Like "Oh shit the wound he received from Gai was one of the deciding factors for Madaras ultimate downfall". Very easy pull off and would've been a lot more satisfying than the shit we've gotten now.

True, but I've seen that happen again and again and I consider it the most overused gimmick with the intention of forcing the theme of teamwork at the end and I don't really care about it to feel bad about Gai ot dying as a means to make his input all the more important. Had Madara permanently lost that arm I'd be on board, but not like this so.....sorry, but I couldn't be bothered feeling conflicted about it.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Apr 9, 2014 3:37 AM
Jun 2010
Kazi9 said:
Oh Shit they are back! Was it just me who was expecting a badass cloak? Awesome Chapter anyway! What do you think means by the absence of the orange coloring outside his eyes during sage mode.

Noticed something different in his eyes as well, and your right, its fthat there is no background colour.......must mean something.

Guy was awesome, Im glad he isnt dead, he is a really great character and after watching that, definitely one of the strongest.

Great chapter.
Apr 9, 2014 3:39 AM

Jun 2013
A lot of people are bitching about Gai being "revived". Just wait and see what happens next, maybe he'll still die and Naruto gave him enough power to have his final words with Kakashi and the others. I was looking forward to Gai's death, but if it doesn't happen, I don't care too much, it just shows that Naruto has some hax healing ability's now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 3:48 AM
Oct 2012
Meh, flashbacks in manga now too
Apr 9, 2014 3:56 AM

May 2012
Okay... Flashbacks and jesus.. ok...
Apr 9, 2014 4:02 AM
Dec 2013
LuffyZoro said:
A lot of people are bitching about Gai being "revived". Just wait and see what happens next, maybe he'll still die and Naruto gave him enough power to have his final words with Kakashi and the others. I was looking forward to Gai's death, but if it doesn't happen, I don't care too much, it just shows that Naruto has some hax healing ability's now.

this is actually could true, nice thinking, its too early to know that Gai is saved but still we could be wrong

antonn said:
Minagatachi said:
What is that from?

According to google: http://myanimelist.net/anime/12461/Hiiro_no_Kakera

yeap, dont watch it, huge waste of time
Apr 9, 2014 4:04 AM
Jan 2014
Best chapter in a long time!

Can we clarify something: Since you don't need the entire Bijuu to form the Juubi, as long as you have their 9 chakra (so, even in small amounts), theoretically if Rochi or someone cut off a piece of each bijuu and put it into Lee, then Lee would be the 10 ten tails Jinchuuriki? Or maybe Sakura... heck, even Akamaru
Apr 9, 2014 4:05 AM

Feb 2012
Inb4 Neji's inevitable revive.
Apr 9, 2014 4:06 AM

May 2010
oh i fkin knew it..
Apr 9, 2014 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
grandy_UiD said:
Ah what the fuck you gotta be kidding me. He actually saved him. Fuck that shit. That ruined what could have been one of the most epic moments in the manga. Gai was awesome and I like him, but he HAS to die here...

!
Apr 9, 2014 4:19 AM

Apr 2013
Night Guy was crazy, and finally Naruto is back.

Apr 9, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
So Guy(Gai) has a crazy technique. Naruto punts a black sphere and assuming he saved guy. Madara isn't dead.... This could have all been over quickly.
[/center][/url][/quote]
Apr 9, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2013
In the translation I read, Madara said that Gai distorted the space, does that mean he was moving so fast that he distorted space? Anyone know how fast you have to be moving to do that?
Apr 9, 2014 4:23 AM
Feb 2014
thanks for cheering!!!!!(thumbs up pose with sparkling teeth)
Apr 9, 2014 4:26 AM

Feb 2014
Madara's facial expressions are priceless
Apr 9, 2014 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
In the name of Moon, Sasuke will right the wrong and triumph over evil... and that means you, Madara.

I kinda curious what kind of power both NaruSasu will have.

Dat Night Moth is badass btw.
Apr 9, 2014 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
To be honest im kinda pissed that Sasuke also received power, I wanted naruto to have the spotlight. My hopefull scenario is that Sasuke And Naruto go 2v1 against Madara but Sasuke gets taken out and Madara and Naruto go 1v1. I also hope that Naruto has more powers than Sasuke.
Apr 9, 2014 4:57 AM
Feb 2014
LuffyZoro said:
In the translation I read, Madara said that Gai distorted the space, does that mean he was moving so fast that he distorted space? Anyone know how fast you have to be moving to do that?

actually, distort can mean "pull" so for example, if the space madara was in.was pulled, it would take him by surprise because Madara initially knew guy had speed from the last attack he received and thought that was all he had with the next attack against him but when the pull forced madara in towards guy and with the speed guy was going at him, Madara had no time to react and it took him by surprise with a nice kick i might add that sent him flying into the god tree. There is many meanings for distort but this logically makes the most sense to me, i believe it was a pull, kind of like how pein could pull objects towards himself but this was 8th gate style. I'm guessing pretty bloody fast =P
Sennen_GoroshiApr 9, 2014 5:02 AM
Apr 9, 2014 5:16 AM
Oct 2013
It would've been so much better if Naruto arrived in time to see Gai crumble into dust and then swear vengeance on Madara instead of saving him through some method Naruto probably doesn't even understand.
Apr 9, 2014 5:42 AM
Apr 2011
We all know Naruto and Sasuke did the forbidden fusion no jutsu they learned from Son Goku and Picollo. P:
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 9, 2014 5:49 AM

Dec 2012
Last part of the chapter was disappointing
Apr 9, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2011
What the fuck, Kishimoto? Why can't you just let the guy die? Totally ruined what was such an epic chapter.
Apr 9, 2014 6:13 AM

Jun 2013
...BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF MADARA WITH YOUR LAST POWER GUY!!!!! YOU ARE GREATEST!!!!
Sayonara Guy, leave Rest to Sasuke and Naruto. Or more like Naruto, Sasuke, meh. T.T Dammit, almost got Madara-teme...

O.O.....Hahahahahaha!!! Yey!!! Guy Survives!!!!(whew) Now, "Second beat down that Madara deserves" starts!!!! New eyes huh Naruto...
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 9, 2014 6:42 AM

Mar 2011
Whut
Da
Fawk
??

These power ups T_T
After guy gave up with life to weaken Madara that much Naruto pulls some BS and revives him. It made everything guy did seem like nothing. The next chapter Madara is probably going to have some OP regeneration ability he hasn't used yet too.

On a side note... I think Sasuke is going to get Rinnegan since he already has sharingan and if IM LUCKY!!!! Naruto could get byakugan which locks in his chances of endingwith Hinata.

NaruxHina LETS GO!!!
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Apr 9, 2014 6:42 AM
Jan 2014
I knew Gai was gonna live. The fact that Naruto/Sauske were getting blessed by Ninja Jesus while Gai was fighting I knew he was gonna get saved. They're gonna start preforming miracles on the battlefield right now
Apr 9, 2014 6:53 AM

Dec 2008
It was a good chapter until Naruto showed up. The flashback scene nearly made me tear up ;__;
Apr 9, 2014 6:55 AM
Dec 2013
BossTheKid said:
Whut
On a side note... I think Sasuke is going to get Rinnegan since he already has sharingan and if IM LUCKY!!!! Naruto could get byakugan which locks in his chances of endingwith Hinata.

NaruxHina LETS GO!!!

No! naruto gets pink hair which locks his chances with Sakura
NaruSaku 5eva!!! :p

Suima said:
To be honest im kinda pissed that Sasuke also received power, I wanted naruto to have the spotlight. My hopefull scenario is that Sasuke And Naruto go 2v1 against Madara but Sasuke gets taken out and Madara and Naruto go 1v1. I also hope that Naruto has more powers than Sasuke.

i feel ya, Sasuke doesnt deserve the power up, i also hope for a 1v1 Madara v Naruto
Apr 9, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2012
i liked everything about the chapter up until gai was saved...i still think there could be a possibility of him dying (maybe naruto only delayed the inevitable) but if he survives i'll be pretty pissed.

everything else in the chapter was good. i liked that the flashback was only as long as it needed to be and didn't take up to whole chapter, i loved gai's final attack/form, and I'm really happy with naruto just having the toad sage/kyuubi eyes rather that getting some corny upscaled version of his old shit or some form that just looks like the sage.
Apr 9, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2014
yhunata said:
What the fuck, Kishimoto? Why can't you just let the guy die? Totally ruined what was such an epic chapter.

Why are people so surprised? Last chapter or the previous one, Naruto told Hagoromo that he wanted to protect/save his friends. This was expected by now and forseen that Gai was going to get saved by Naruto.
Apr 9, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
WTF did Naruto just kick that black ball? that eyes.. permanent senjutsu? tbh the leaf ninjas are getting too strong that the other 4 villages seems very puny in comparison of their ability. After the war they might as well assimilate with the Leaf.

yhunata said:

As if losing Neji isn't big loss enough for team Gai. What really pissed me off is how Madara is still alive after losing half of his body and just grow it like it was nothing (plus it's the left side so his heart is gone, how the fuck did anyone survive without a heart?)
Apr 9, 2014 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
BossTheKid said:
Whut
Da
Fawk
??

These power ups T_T
After guy gave up with life to weaken Madara that much Naruto pulls some BS and revives him. It made everything guy did seem like nothing. The next chapter Madara is probably going to have some OP regeneration ability he hasn't used yet too.

NaruxHina LETS GO!!!

"It made everything guy did seem like nothing."
All Guy was doing was making time for Naruto to get revived. That was it. We all knew Guy wasn't going to be enough for Madara. But he did enough to waste some EPIC time fighting with Madara. So Naruto in the end saving Guy shows that Guy did exactly what he was meant to do. So he did something with out a doubt. Plus we know how Naruto is. Of course Naruto is going to save Guy. I bet Kishi was going to make him die but then decided to change plans either because of pressure from the fans or other circumstances which interfered with it.
Apr 9, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2009
Ah that was kinda disappointing.. Madara should have effing died there.
Makes no perfect sense...Probably the most stupidest logic ever.
Almost all the left part of Madara completely wiped out and with no heart he still survive? BS.
Apr 9, 2014 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
Night Moth not only almost killed Madara in a SINGLE hit, but also distorted the space around him.

What the hell. And people were talking about bijudama this and that.

Fuck yeah, MIGHT GUY! Best chapter in a while.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Apr 9, 2014 8:45 AM

Sep 2013
What's with this rinnegan crap up to now?
Apr 9, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

As if losing Neji isn't big loss enough for team Gai. What really pissed me off is how Madara is still alive after losing half of his body and just grow it like it was nothing (plus it's the left side so his heart is gone, how the fuck did anyone survive without a heart?)

Probably for the same reason Obito survived a raikiri to his heart..... Zetsu. Pretty sure Madara combined himself with Zetsu in some way or form, which is what allows him to use Hashirama's healing techs.

Also, for your Leaf getting too strong point, wasn't it mentioned multiple times that Leaf already is the strongest of the 5 Great Hidden Villages.
Apr 9, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2013
So Guy is alive?! Can't wait to see what Naruto can do now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.