Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2009 9:27 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved that fight scene with the Elder Turtle! funny stuff. Good episode. Poor Urin only wants her sister all to herself.
Sep 16, 2009 7:05 PM

Feb 2009
Hahaha, that fight at the start was so ridiculous, I liked it cause it made me laugh. xD Especially this moment:

Power of Hugs anyone? ^^

Ichikawa sure is hot for a turtle and that other turtle dude needs to die for being a child beater. Umi Monogatari, the only show with cute moe turtles. xD

The end was pretty touching, with tears and all. Something I've been wondering about is how can you see tears under water?
AlexstratzSep 16, 2009 7:09 PM
Sep 16, 2009 8:11 PM

Jun 2007
So the message they're trying to get across is it's better to tell someone your feelings in staid of bottling them up and tossing them to the side? lol wow, something tells me the ending isn't going to be a clear good wins over evil type ending. The island girl's comment on someday darkness and light will intertwine seems to be where their heading. I expect a bitter sweet ending....at least that's what I'm hoping for.
Sep 16, 2009 10:01 PM

Jun 2008
So they have the ability to cry underwater...
Sep 16, 2009 11:07 PM
Oct 2007
Wow, that was a REALLY well done episode. The animation went up a notch. The close-ups on the faces were beautiful and the fight scene was fun to watch, with nice smooth movements. The insert song near the end and that little twist where the "Heart of Darkness" is an accumulation of sorrow people threw away were worth tearing up over. I had a hunch about that but didn't manage to put 2 and 2 together, lol.

So the ending resolution is pretty clear. People need to accept and face both the good and bad in their lives--embracing both the "Heart of Light" and "Heart of Darkness"-- and everyone will be happy.

Now, all I want them to do is identify that island girl. Give her a freaking name and some quick background, darn it.

On a side note, seems like Urin gets a lot of love from the producers. She's getting ANOTHER transformation, which is totally beautiful, but that makes it look like Marin is put to the side while being the main, main lead.

Kanon-chan <3!
Sep 17, 2009 4:49 AM

Jan 2008
Gradation said:

lol, reminded me of Spongebob Squarepants...

that aside, good episode. The fighting was nice to look at (chibi-Muten Roshi rocks). This series has indeed a central theme, wich was implied by Kanons character interactions before and is now affecting the mainstory too.

So the solution what Sedna really is was nice, I think
Sep 17, 2009 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
It was so sad.
Sep 17, 2009 12:38 PM

Jul 2008
Win episode is win.
Sep 17, 2009 1:27 PM

Dec 2008
Really liked this episode....looks like the ending is going to be even better than I thought. I do believe this show is a little underrated for what it is.
Sep 18, 2009 8:53 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
So the message they're trying to get across is it's better to tell someone your feelings in staid of bottling them up and tossing them to the side? lol wow, something tells me the ending isn't going to be a clear good wins over evil type ending. The island girl's comment on someday darkness and light will intertwine seems to be where their heading. I expect a bitter sweet ending....at least that's what I'm hoping for.
At least the score might go up a little bit, who know.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 20, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I'm bumping this up to a 5. This was a very strong episode that had some of the camp that I liked in the first few episodes, and some depth that it has been going for for the past 7 or so episodes. I was pleasantly surprised.
Sep 15, 2012 3:14 AM

Aug 2010
love the second half of the episode the fight was a bit silly for me.....
i knew it was wrong to toss the sadness to the sea...
now only one more episode left...
Jan 18, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2010
This was contrived up until they finally explained what Sedona was. It still didn't justify everyone acting like jerks, but at least it makes sense.
Feb 28, 2016 5:48 PM

Feb 2014
Kumojaki said:

lol yeah I was also thinking that as weird :p

Dang, this episode. NO MORE PRIESTESS POWERS FOR KANON AND MARIN!?!?!?!!? We also find out that Sedona is everyone's sorrows that have been pushed aside instead of dealt with, so I guess this is anime is going for "100% happiness and 100% sadness are both sad, we must learn to reconcile both feelings" kind of message.

In the preview though, with Marin hugging Urin...does this mean they're both going to die??? D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2021 3:36 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Oh my god... I really missed the amazing sakuga and animation quality from the earlier episodes... the sakuga during the first half with the fights was frickin amazing and I wish this show had more of it. The animation in this whole episode was really fluid and great, honestly.

Okay so the two learn to unleash their powers and it seemed to calm the sea down. It seemed to have calmed down Urin a bit too, cuz when Marin and Kanon find her sleeping, she described the show's events as a dream she had almost acted normal until she saw a "sky person" and went haywire before going near the usual dark aura place again. The two tried to combine their powers again, but Urin's tattoo from Kanon's ring absorbs it and brings it right back them, completely breaking their priestess transformations. The girls and Matsumoto take in the "heart of darkness", which are glowing red bubbles that show up here and there throughout the episode, and faint before the two girls realize that the "heart of darkness" were essentially the sorrows that people had washed away through the pebbles they put into a temple on the cliff by the sea.
The episode ends with Urin transforming again, looking much older with much more beautiful and iridescent butterfly wings than before.

All right, one more episode to go.
Still have no idea who the girl who sings the Island Ballad is though.

More topics from this board

» Anybody Remember this anime

Traxillia - Mar 10

1 by Sekiro94 »»
Mar 10, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 1, 2009

73 by demision »»
Aug 5, 2022 11:24 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 12 Discussion

Lvhina - Sep 16, 2009

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~ Anata ga Itekureta Koto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2009

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 10 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 2, 2009

18 by Fario-P »»
Jan 6, 2021 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.