Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 9, 2009 1:19 PM
Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really nice ending hopefully there is a second season but for now i guess i will start reading the manga seeing as is it still ongoing.

Sep 9, 2009 6:05 PM

Oct 2006
Simply beautiful. ;_; Can't believe it's over already..
Sep 9, 2009 7:40 PM
Feb 2009
NOOOOO! I am as depressed as when ARIA finished. *goes and sits in corner*
Sep 9, 2009 7:52 PM

May 2008
Great, sweet episode. I liked how they used "Kanashimi Shirankao" as an insert song in the middle of the episode.
At the end where Fumi starts crying when she remembers Aa-chan was her first love.. it made me want to cry a bit. I was hoping she'd tell Aa-chan like she did in the manga but oh well.. it was still a nice scene.

Aww ;_; I loved this anime so much, you don't even know. 10/10 for me.
I'm actually genuinely sad that its over but at least the manga is still going.
*applause*

ps: I can't wait til the OST comes out.
CaptainSLSep 9, 2009 8:00 PM

My most recent life lesson: you know you're sleep deprived once you start daydreaming of dinosaurs..with whips.
Sep 9, 2009 8:02 PM

Oct 2006
sharralou said:

It's actually out already (avaiblable to buy), but I still can't find it anywhere. :< I really want it, too, but I don't have the extra money at the moment. Sigh.
Sep 9, 2009 8:12 PM

May 2008
niwasatou said:
sharralou said:

It's actually out already (avaiblable to buy), but I still can't find it anywhere. :< I really want it, too, but I don't have the extra money at the moment. Sigh.

Oh really? Nice, I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know!

My most recent life lesson: you know you're sleep deprived once you start daydreaming of dinosaurs..with whips.
Sep 9, 2009 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
Ponytail... Fumi needs to wear her hair like that more often...
I am totally in support of the Shinobu x Mogi relationship though.

It was a dainty anime; glad to see those sweet blue flowers in the brief flashback though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2009 8:39 PM

Apr 2009
Very sweet. So everyone goes back to their everyday living. I can only hope for another season. Where can I get a hold of the manga for this?
Sep 9, 2009 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
Great, It was awesome and moving. Extremely sweet.

I'll get to the point, Ko is the sex; Shinobu as well, but not that much. Anyways it was great to notice the emotional growth of Fumi, it was quite splendid to put it on words, many people wouldn't notice this if it weren't for that last episode where Fumi confronts Yasuko. To be honest I still can't find the reason of why Yasuko is leaving the country, shes runing away from all that she loved once and It will be probably more easier for her to face it all straightforward. But wait, that's just a contradiction, or at least I see it that way. But leaving behind a past is definetly not the best answer. She should have stayed even if it means to carry all that emotional weight on her shoulders.

Anyway I just simply don't understand whats Aa-chan role in all of this, she was just there as a shoulder for Fumi, not someone to rely on but a pilar of growth. This is probably a conclusion I'm coming to but, for me, this looked mostly like a Fumi Arc, where we get to understand all the hardships she passed through so we can empathize with her in the next coming season (?), that's if, theres another one. And why not? I mean... Wheres Akira's development? Not just that, what about Kyouko and my beloved Kou? Fucking christ those JC Staff bastards better give me a Kou arc before I get a nerdrage.

Certainly I would like to preserve this show as it is, an emotional portrait of art with a lot of significance behind every character's action, they didn't waste a single movement on any of the episodes, unlike most of the shows where they just don't justify their actions and jump out to a conclusion.

And finally I loved the way we figure out what's going on through character actions, not asinine summaries from them. Really, whats left to say? Epic.

9/10 for me.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 9, 2009 10:20 PM

Jun 2007
I knew it was Achan. I'm so sad to see this show end. I love it so much. I hope there will eventually be a second season.

Sep 9, 2009 10:57 PM
Dec 2008
This show was not what I expected.
Sep 9, 2009 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
A solid 8/10, my only complaint is the relationship between Fumi + Achan was not developed enough romantically but more in a friendly kind of sense.

I also thought Kyoko was a pretty pointless character but i think they should have had a little more time dedicated to Kou, but you cant win em all.
Sep 10, 2009 12:17 AM

Oct 2006
Mikiyo said:
Kou [..] Kou [..] KOU

Sorry to say, but he really isn't a main character. Don't expect to see much of him in case there is a second season (which I'm sure we all hope for).

But seriously, am I the only person who doesn't ship Kyouko x Kou.. ಠ_ಠ
Sep 10, 2009 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
niwasatou said:
Mikiyo said:
Kou [..] Kou [..] KOU

Sorry to say, but he really isn't a main character. Don't expect to see much of him in case there is a second season (which I'm sure we all hope for).

Thanks for affirming the obvious, Mr.Sherlock. I just wanted more Kou screentime since personally, he's a really interesting character for me. And there will be obviously a Kou/Kyouko development, given the fact that she is a main character in Aoi Hana. Go figures eh?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 10, 2009 1:04 AM
Jul 2009
daniking79 said:
Very sweet. So everyone goes back to their everyday living. I can only hope for another season. Where can I get a hold of the manga for this?

You can find the manga here:

http://www.lililicious.net/projectDet.php?id=51

The anime ended in chapter 18, but you should start at least by chapter 16, as some things were changed to give the anime more closure.
Sep 10, 2009 2:11 AM

Oct 2006
Mikiyo said:
niwasatou said:
Mikiyo said:
Kou [..] Kou [..] KOU

Thanks for affirming the obvious, Mr.Sherlock. I just wanted more Kou screentime since personally, he's a really interesting character for me. And there will be obviously a Kou/Kyouko development, given the fact that she is a main character in Aoi Hana. Go figures eh?

I just pointed it out cause people who don't read the manga might assume Kou has a bigger role than he actually does.
Sep 10, 2009 2:48 AM

Mar 2009
Great anime for me (9/10) It was very relaxing and peaceful for me. Cant wait for next season. But i wonder what role A-chan had. But the best thing was growing character from begging to the end.
Sep 10, 2009 5:52 AM
Jun 2008
Mikiyo said:
To be honest I still can't find the reason of why Yasuko is leaving the country

She's done with high school and is going to attend university in England. She was in her last year of high school when she met Fumi, who was a first year. She is about two years older than Fumi, Ah-chan and Kyouko.

Mikiyo said:
Anyway I just simply don't understand whats Aa-chan role in all of this, she was just there as a shoulder for Fumi, not someone to rely on but a pilar of growth.

She's a best friend. That's what they do :D They stick by us, take care of us and treat us well through hard times. Whether there is any romance between Akira and Fumi is irrelevant to the anime, as it simply was about Fumi and her best friend Akira dealing with their first emotional year at high school.

SilentFate said:

I also thought Kyoko was a pretty pointless character but i think they should have had a little more time dedicated to Kou, but you cant win em all.

Eh? Kou's time allotment in this series was perfectly fine, since he is not:

1. a main character
2. a love interest

He is in love with Kyouko, yes, but she does not see him as anything more than the cousin she cares about and who supports her. It's only somewhere in the later episodes that we really see that she has stopped brushing him off like she did in the start is slowly, subtly started to warm up to him. He also, as you noticed, stopped trying to force himself on her so aggressively. Now he just wants to show her and remind her that he's always there for her whenever she needs him, and even when she doesn't think she needs him. While he is a nice guy and interesting in his own respect, I think its best he got that amount of time dedicated to him. Any more and then this would not be an anime about Kyouko's one-sided love for Yasuko, but her spurning of Kou's one-sided love for her.

Which is not what this is about.

Yogo said:
Cant wait for next season.

Erm, I think that's it for this series... The station it aired on is not known for its anime and it's certainly not known for long anime series or sequels. I think that's about it for Aoi Hana's anime. I suggest picking up the manga.
Sep 10, 2009 8:34 AM

Sep 2008
It was good am a little disappointed on one part tho.

But it was still sweet tho at the end....it almost made me cry.
Sep 10, 2009 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Nice ending. Japanese christmases seems to be really cozy :3 This is the best episode.
Sep 10, 2009 10:25 AM

Apr 2009
I love this show *-*

The ending was so sweet <3
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Sep 10, 2009 12:46 PM
Mar 2008
Beautiful ending, simply beautiful. Could not end better.
Looking forward to a second season.
Sep 10, 2009 12:51 PM

Nov 2007
Perfect ending. So sweet.

I want another season...

Sep 10, 2009 1:33 PM
Dec 2008
An absolutely beautiful ending to a perfect season. I even had tears welling up when Fumi's thoughts went back to the blue flowers!

I couldn't find any faults with Aoi Hana and, as such, have given it a 10.

I'm really hoping that there will be another season soon. There's sufficient manga to make one.
DBailey635Sep 10, 2009 2:25 PM
Sep 10, 2009 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
Decent show overall.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 10, 2009 8:21 PM

Apr 2008
Really good ending, I really liked this show, gets an 8/10 for me :D Can't wait for season 2 (hopefully theres a season 2).

Breath||
Sep 10, 2009 8:49 PM

Dec 2008
I know that it might not happen because of this ending but I still hope for a second season. I think we need an after story. I really enjoyed watching this series.
Sep 11, 2009 1:15 AM
Feb 2008
I was expecting a better ending, but this will satisfy me until either a 2nd season appears, or I can be bothered to read the manga.i
Sep 11, 2009 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
at first, i was doubtful that it was gonna have a satisfying ending, since it kinda felt a little rushed at the end,

but the last scene just.... destroyed any doubts. best anime of the season, or even the whole year. yes, i think it's better than higashi no eden or bakemonogatari.
Sep 12, 2009 9:30 AM

Sep 2009
All of my worries of having the ending rushed just washed away with this last episode. Now that I'm done with the anime, I'll most definitely pick up the manga (torrenting it as I type) and hopefully it will satisfy my craving for more Sweet Blue Flowers.

I could not find any faults in this anime according to my taste. Therefore, I give it a ten. Simply stunning.
-
Sep 12, 2009 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
a beautiful ending to a beautiful amazing anime *standing ovation* :)
Sep 12, 2009 3:56 PM

Apr 2008
For a series that I wondered a bit about how appropriate an anime adaptation would be, this ending was handled surprisingly well. It's tough to hold it alone without comparing it at all points to the manga, but the changes that were made here were definitely appropriate to the medium and the length of the season (and the knowledge that there probably wouldn't be a continuation). Here the conclusion for Fumi in this version of the story is her connection with her long lost friend being rekindled completely. Lovely scene, too. Not like there were many that weren't.

I'm satisfied

on to sasameki koto
Sep 12, 2009 8:30 PM

May 2008
I'm a little sad Fumi didn't tell Aa-chan she was her first love x__x I wanted to see them kiss too...it's really sad that it's over. Hopefully there's be a second season. It DID say 'Fin'...but you never know. Some animes say that (and games) and end up having sequels.

Sep 13, 2009 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
How ironic is it to have a Buddha Christmas snow globe? Anyways the anime was great to watch with plenty of good angst and I'm hoping they'll continue the anime.
ckamSep 13, 2009 5:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
Are they going to have a second season? If they are than I can live with how it ended.
I really liked the anime though it was really nice to watch. I liked all of the characters and that rarely happens so I do hope for a second season.
I kind of figured that Fumi's first love was Aachan.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Sep 14, 2009 4:00 PM
Jun 2008
AkuenKigahen said:
Are they going to have a second season? If they are than I can live with how it ended.

I'd suggest you hop on the bandwagon that's headed towards reading the manga to get the developments beyond episode 12.

The block Aoi Hana aired on, NOISE, is not known for sequels just as yet. In fact, it's not big on anime at the moment. They usually have short series, the longest that ran was Michiko to Hatchin.

As for this anime, I doubt that there will be a second season soon or ever. Not being pessimistic, just a realist at the moment. The anime ended at the start of volume four. Currently, the manga is about three chapters into what will be compiled later on as the fifth volume.

So you see, the anime used up about 80% of the manga material already. There's nothing to make a second season with at the moment unless they go into all the side stories that the anime left out from the manga.

Or if through some weird blessing, we get OAVs based on Akira x Fumi growing up. THAT I'd like to see.
Sep 14, 2009 10:12 PM

Feb 2009
Great Show. I loved the ending but I'd love to see more of this series. Very touching and well made. J.C. Staff are amazing and so is Kenichi Kasai.

Sep 14, 2009 10:45 PM

Sep 2007
Such a great anime. The ending made me slightly teary, filled me with a nice warm fuzzy feeling, and also made me sad that there wasn't going to be a second season.

Beautiful art, beautiful music, beautiful storyline... 10/10 for me

Onto the manga!:D
Sep 15, 2009 1:36 PM

Jun 2009
tehnominator said:

Or if through some weird blessing, we get OAVs based on Akira x Fumi growing up. THAT I'd like to see.

Hmm...well, it would be nice if they have OVAs. I would love to see Akira and Fumi growing up too.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Sep 16, 2009 1:14 AM

May 2009
Brilliant ending to a wonderful anime. I can't even find the words to describe it. I was blown away by the ending scene.

Definately a series I will keep rewatching for years to come.
Sep 16, 2009 4:05 AM

Sep 2008
very good! Great pacing, conflict, romance, animation, art, etc. Was very relaxing too. Overall I give it an 8/10. I wonder if they will make another season, but either way I am pleased with the way it ended.
Sep 16, 2009 7:23 AM

Feb 2008
geeeh =,= season 2!!
kukakuSep 16, 2009 7:26 AM

Sep 16, 2009 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
In the end Fumi didn't even tell A-chan that she loved her? T_T
Well it was still a good ending so it's ok I guess, I'm still going to hold out for a second season though, ecause I don't like to read manga a whole lot and I like it even less when I don't have the physical book in front of me....I might just cave in and read it anyway though.....maybe.....

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO
Sep 16, 2009 12:56 PM

Jul 2009
Actually I liked the end like this, a second season would ruin it.

I think it would be alright for Fumi and Acchan being friends now, Acchan was Fumis first love and she is not necessarily loving her now.
I think like this it's not like "everyone is happy, UTOPIA!", it's more like "everyone isn't crying that much anymore, hurray"
Realism is always the better way

But, to be honest, I was expecting Fumi to tell Acchan that she was her first love...
SchreibtischSep 16, 2009 1:00 PM
Sep 16, 2009 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
I really liked this series, the ending was perfect. I don't think it needs a second series.
Sep 16, 2009 2:30 PM

Jun 2008
5/5, I enjoyed the ride, but I would have enjoyed a confession at the end. Aloud. Not a mental confession.

I give it a few days before I start going through yuri withdrawal.
Sep 17, 2009 5:12 PM

Sep 2008
For the first time a "girl romance" didn't bore me to death because it was not just about "Let's keep touching to each other's nasty places shyly and finish this episode". Yes, I was quite disturbed at some moments with the chains of love problems between nearly every single main *and sometimes supporting* characters, but anime kept it real and didn't exaggrate relations of virgin lovers to a sick level; made watchers kind of wondering about "what if"s yet made them feel appreciatingly satisfied. *I am, ofcourse, talking about myself here. XD*

I am glad they didn't turn to each other in the end, saying "I love you Fumi", "I love you A-chan". That would kind of ruin my expectations because A-chan is apparently not a character that goes all out like Yasuko when it comes to her romantic feelings.

Thus, anime gets a 8 for its lovely art, Fumi's adorable voice, acceptable scenario, simple but suitable opening.
Sep 17, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Wonderful ending to a good series. The snow scenes were really pretty and remind me of how good JCStaff can be when they try.
Sep 19, 2009 3:19 PM

Feb 2008
does anyone know what was written on the page? crunchyroll didn't bother to translate it :/
Sep 19, 2009 5:10 PM

Aug 2008
hmmm, enjoyed the series more than I thought I would. It was plain, subtle and subdued. But that fit the material perfectly. Even the intense moments were done without yelling. I wouldn't mind some form of continuation, OVA or otherwise. I probably won't pick up the manga for awhile because I'm afraid I might catch up to the latest material too quickly. I hate having to wait week to week, or worse month to month for the continuation of something I enjoy.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRLX69 - Jul 1, 2009

129 by hagukoko »»
Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Jul 15, 2009

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 5, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Sep 2, 2009

56 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 10, 2023 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.