Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 24, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
Wow, this looks quite promising. The OST is wonderful..... also this anime sort of has a studio ghibli feel to it.... huh
May 1, 2014 1:14 AM
May 2012
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem
Ezsence
May 25, 2014 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
Geh... This episode was okay... But it was kinda boring...

I haven't had any experience with source material, but I'm gonna say this now - Nike was annoying. She seems to be the "I'm cool and beautiful, yet I'm also kind and relatable" type, and I really don't dig those types very much. She doesn't bring anything new to the table.

I watched it for the King, but I thought it would be a boy king like Tutankhamun. Instead he seems to be a typical love interest in shoujo manga. It looks like there's something more going on behind that though, so if I'm sticking around for anything it'll be for him.

The overall feel was very happy-go-lucky, and I was kind of expecting something, well, more. And I didn't find the jokes very funny, nor did I engage with the family's story very well. It was just sorta dull.

It has good pacing and good animation, and it explains things pretty well, but the style is pretty dull and the story is likewise.

I'll stick around to see if it gets better, but...

Yup. The King being naked at the end was pretty disturbing. Was that really necessary?
May 25, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
I have never seen something this generic and boring to be honest.
1/10
loliowoSep 21, 2016 8:02 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 14, 2014 6:01 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nike was quite enjoyable to see. Loved her character thus far.

Those clumsy dudes got pawned by Nike lol
The ED song is amazing, and very relaxing to hear.

Jun 15, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2009
Hmm, I'm not too impressed so far. But, considering it's short length and I'm a sucker for strong female protagonists, and I'm thinking Nike fits the bill so far, I'll keep watching this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 4, 2014 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
This is hilarious, Nike is awesome. I love how simple and lighthearted it feels, especially with the art style. Looking forward to this.
Jul 9, 2014 8:12 AM

Jun 2013
i was surprised by how entertaining and cute this was
Jul 20, 2014 1:15 AM
May 2012
I was expecting the animation to be really good. Well, it's not that bad :3
I like Nike, and she is pretty cute :3 The sun king looks like your typical spoiled brat =_= I hope he will change.
Seriously, how can someone agree to an arranged marriage!!
Of course, those 2 will be her sidekick. That fanservice joke ahahaha. I feel sorry for those 3 T^T
Nice ending song~ Let's see how this goes.
Nov 18, 2014 4:18 AM

Sep 2014
This looks enjoyable~ Liking Nike so far.. The animation is quite nice and it feels simple as well..
Hope to enjoy the rest!

Lol at the 2 guys breaking the 4th wall haha!
Nov 23, 2014 7:33 AM

May 2012
Really nice start I must say, quite like the combination between the serious and comedy part! This anime sure has some high potential so let's see what this anime will offer us!
Jan 26, 2015 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Attempted rape in the first episode. Ugh.

She thanks the family by littering all over their property. Um...

So far every single character irritates me slightly
Feb 25, 2015 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
That was a pretty great opening episode. The princess was instantly likeable and I'm a huge fan of how competent she is - that's not something you see as often as I would like in shoujo romance series. The premise is interesting so far, and I'm excited to see how the romance between the two mains will develop - hopefully they won't like each other much at first because it's always more entertaining to see two people who initially couldn't stand each other fall in love.
Oct 17, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2012
Shotacon?

Good episode I guess. Kept me entertained as opposed to the other first eps I tried today.
May 19, 2016 6:26 AM

Mar 2016
LittleStar said:
"This is our time to level up as villains!"

"- What do we do with her? Kill her?
- You jumped a few levels, there."

"Then we can have a scene with a ton of service shots!"
"We gotta please the male viewers."

That pissed me off, to be honest. Plus, what was with the needless panty shot of the princess right before the ending? What kind of shoujo is this? -.-

CookieBun said:
The inappropriate attempts to inject humor (thinly disguised as 4th wall jokes), which is really the animators being perverts by trying add fanservice when there is none, is just ugh.

I haven't read the manga, but I'm glad it isn't like the anime. I was really annoyed with the male fanservice considering it's shoujo.

Plus, naked shota in the ending. Why? Just...no. I really loved that Nike wasn't helpless, and I love the setting but I don't know if I want to keep watching. First episode was such a disappointment.
BlondieMay 19, 2016 6:37 AM
Sep 4, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
Nike is great.
I loved those thugs, first they rob her, next they try kidnapping her and next they are her underlings.
Nov 30, 2016 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
Nike is a brand of shoe not a princess. lol

They tried to rob her and she beat the ever-living-fuck outta them and now they're her bitches lol.

That ED though. I'm watching this because I don't think Anime or manga has enough shotacon. I've seen lolicon left, right, up and down. Time for some shotacon even if the story is generic as fuck.
臭い-
Dec 11, 2016 11:03 AM

Feb 2015
Well, that was surprisingly awesome. I normally don't like the shoujo kind of art much, but this looks nice and cute. Main girl is has a likeable personality and isn't afraid of kicking butt, I'm cool with that.
Bibimbapski said:
Nike is a brand of shoe not a princess. lol
Pretty sure it's more likely to be based on the Greek goddess of victory.
Feb 19, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2011
Hah they really know how to leave it on a cliffhanger eh. Ending was hype. I can't stand Nike's voice though, that was pretty bad voice acting, her resume doesn't look that good either.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 16, 2019 6:51 PM

Feb 2018
WTH the king so cool xD.
Dec 12, 2019 2:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I already like Nike, she seems to be a great character
Aug 15, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2020
i really like Nike alr ♡♡♡♡

the OST is really great as well i think i'll really enjoy this!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 1, 2021 5:44 PM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, time to get to finishing this anime 'cause I've been putting it off for quite some time!

I like the setting and like the whole going to another place thingy lol. Nike already had an eventful day. I hope her powers are explained more in detail
Aug 4, 2021 9:27 AM
Aug 2021
Maar ik kan niet kijken
Sep 21, 2021 11:40 PM

Jan 2016
Nike seems pretty cool. Although this is the first anime I think has a horrible audio quality and actors.

Oct 21, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. This princess is quite.. Something.. Like jumping from ship like that.. She is athletic, it seems.. Also talking so casually with the crew, and seeking to see how commoners in the country she arrive to - how they live, it seems.. Not the usual princess.. I'm intrigued..
It seems she can get into trouble, though.. .. And she did.. In all kinds of troubles..
Yeah, there are all kinds of people.. Thieves.. And someone who'll help you like this.. You won't run into all bad people possible, but also not necessary you will run into someone who'll help you.. You got lucky..
lol, will these 2 become regular characters in our show?.. They looked like one scene burglars, but I'm not sure, lol.. They remind be a bit of 2 guards that are in Pirates of the Caribbean movies.. Well, maybe they are same archetype or something like that.. Duo of idiot villains or something, which with time become part of our good characters.. Or something.. Not necessary, though.. Maybe we won't see them anymore..
Well, so far I like the characters and interested, how the story will go.. But will see about anime.. Like the king can potentially be smug arrogant guy, and it'll be annoying.. To extents that it'll take majority of screen time, and it'll be just annoying anime to watch.. Or maybe it won't be so bad.. It can go any way, really, so will see..
Mar 14, 2022 3:06 AM
Mar 2022
Oh, I loved the mc so much, I just fall in love when the shoujo protagonists escape that tiresome pattern of a sensitive character who cries for everything and needs to be protected. But I wanted to know just one thing, how old is the king???? Because this is a romance story, right? And the mc doesn't look like she's 12, and neither does the king look like he's over 14
Jan 28, 2023 1:09 AM
Jul 2021
Yet another anime made by and for "modern" audiences, wahman, don't need no man hear me roar. 

Of course she was robbed by guys and saved by wahmen. 

And of course the father of the Princess is a weakling beta male, of course. Bleh
DawizzJan 29, 2023 7:34 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.