Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I must admit, some of the character designs look fabulous. The beginning part was kinda what I expected though. Still, I do expect a lot out of this show with the director that reminds me of Star Driver.

OST is decent imo with that song. I gotta admit though, the transformation scenes were gar. Still, idk what to think of Daichi so far. I feel a bit sorry about his past. Be aware of the space loli. The action was nice though. I think this might have potential. I mean, a 2 cour show..so I think it has time for development, hopefully. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Apr 5, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2011
I loved how they made the scene with all the parts coming together it felt like an old school mecha show, I am so hyped for the next episode.

http://i.imgur.com/nneiq2O.png
Can't wait for more Akari!
[center]
Apr 5, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2010
Loved the 1st episode.
Apr 5, 2014 11:26 AM

May 2013
Wow. So many chills in this episode. The production value is brilliant. So much potential here! I'll keep watching for sure!
Apr 5, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2010
That was wonderful and brings back a lot of the things I have felt before from other BONES mecha series, which is certainly a good thing.

I'm liking the designs and the atmosphere, plus the music isn't bad either! I'm definitely in on this one!
Apr 5, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
So much Star Driver feeling. I like it so far.
Apr 5, 2014 11:57 AM
Feb 2013
Why is he suddenly capable of piloting a mecha in the first episode and why is he allowed to pilot one? So confusing...
Osu!!!
Apr 5, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2010
Lol wtf. Things escalated so quickly. Why does he suddenly know that it's attacking Earth and that he has to stop it?

Nice animation though.
Apr 5, 2014 12:15 PM
Jan 2014
The pacing is a bit faster than usual but I'm sure it will improve later on, they've got 24 more episodes to spare after all.
Apr 5, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
Just damn. That was an orgasmic explosion of light, color, and sound. The smoke coming off of the rocket launch in the first few seconds of the episode.... DDDDAAAAMMMMNNN GUUUURRRLL. I mean damn BONES. I'm excited.

I haven't been this excited watching a mecha since I first watched Eureka 7
copperwolfApr 5, 2014 12:34 PM
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Apr 5, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
That was AWESOME.

Holy crap I was just gasping while that transformation was going on.

Exactly the kind of classic mecha action I wanted this to be.

Judging from this first ep, Bones sure has a big budget for this.

Also, 25 episodes is great. Mechas are best when they are long.

5/5 for this ep, 8/10 overall right now.

More promising first ep than Mahouka's
cupcApr 5, 2014 12:27 PM
Apr 5, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
I was coming in expecting a Heroman and went out with a Star Driver XD

That was actually pretty nice (Expect the fact he can suddenly pilot that mecha, don't tell me they're gonna justify it by him knowing how to drive a motorbike in the arcade :P)...Anyway it seems from the pv he'll be getting instructions so maybe it'll be a bit more justified XD

But other than that nice stuff. Liked the flashback. Was pretty nice with Teppei.

And Dat Mecha design is amazing!!! Friggin loving the 2 that were shown til now.

Loved the ED quite a lot too.
Apr 5, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I was coming in expecting a Heroman and went out with a Star Driver XD

That was actually pretty nice (Expect the fact he can suddenly pilot that mecha, don't tell me they're gonna justify it by him knowing how to drive a motorbike in the arcade :P)...Anyway it seems from the pv he'll be getting instructions so maybe it'll be a bit more justified XD

But other than that nice stuff. Liked the flashback. Was pretty nice with Teppei.

And Dat Mecha design is amazing!!! Friggin loving the 2 that were shown til now.

Loved the ED quite a lot too.

It said in the next ep preview that he's gonna get his ass kicked in the fight, so judging from that he probably isn't too good at piloting it yet. All he did with it during this episode was flying straight up, that seems simple enough. xD
Apr 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
This looks very promising! Can't wait to see more. ^ ^
Apr 5, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
This was the anime I was anticipating and so far it's pretty great. There are some Star Driver vibes, but I'm hoping this show won't venture too far into whatever league it's predecessor did.
Apr 5, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I like the start of this. Bones did a good job in here, I'll watch this :D.

Apr 5, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
That mech design is pretty cool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2011
The art is good and the story/characters seem average in my opinion at the moment.
Depending on how the show progresses I'll change my opinion of it.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
i have no idea what was going on. though i keep it for now, maybe later it gets all settled
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 5, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
Enjoyed the first episode a bunch, looking forward to see what's going to happen next week.
Apr 5, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
THIS LOOKS SO ENTERTAINING!! Not to mention the character design and animation is totally my cup of tea.
I really like Miyu Irino, he's even better when he got a character who has a lot of monologue! :D

@the preview: Oh god, I'm going to ship the aliens like crazy! (kenichi suzumura + mayaa sakamoto)
Apr 5, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
Just because I noticed it. If the subtitles were correct, that thing was 32.000 kilometers away from earth and traveling with a speed of 50 m/s.
Then why the hurry?
It would take it more than a week to arrive^^
.................................................................................
Apr 5, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
Can someone confirm if Kosaki Satoru did the OST here? since he stopped working few months ago and he is sick so I'm wondering.
Apr 5, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
All I'm gonna say is DAT ANIMATION. When everybody is converting to CG mechs, it's BONES we can rely on to stand their ground. That was just daaaaamn, I don't even care if absolutely nothing makes sense right now, the animation makes up for it. Bravo.
Apr 5, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2008
Talkingseal said:
Why is he suddenly capable of piloting a mecha in the first episode and why is he allowed to pilot one? So confusing...

i was saying the same thing the whole time pfft. since this is the first episode, i will let it slide. I'm still interested and also that transformation is what kept me watching ah!! it was pretty awesome. gonna keep giving this a few more watches to see what i think but so far it's alright!
Apr 5, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
Enjoyed this so much!!! The animation was fantastic, im liking where this is going :D

Will keep watching
Apr 5, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2010
Wow that last scene with combination of mecha was sure epic. Ekusupando!

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Apr 5, 2014 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
the art and production were great, but storywise it really didn't do much for me to distinguish it from the endless sea of mech series.
Apr 5, 2014 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
pretty good first episode. LOL still dont know where that pink girl got fired from though.. o-o
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 5, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2013
That was good. Daichi already being thrown into the battle. All of those mech parts coming in together. I thought that was really cool.
Apr 5, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
Didn't really understand what was going on but damn it looked amazing. Can't wait to see more
Apr 5, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
Really Good First ep, Cannot wait to see what happens next.
Take an advil.

Apr 5, 2014 1:59 PM
Jan 2013
the first episode really got me. I was already excited when i was the pv and character design, this anime looks really promising and with 25 episodes!! *fan girl mode on* so far one of my favorites from this season :D
Apr 5, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
Really liked this first episode, music was great, And and atmosphere was really good.
Since this is a 2-cour show I am expecting a lot out of it. It seems good so far, fingers crossed >.<
Apr 5, 2014 2:01 PM
Aug 2011
Well this has actual rainbows and Star Driver had a general ~rainbow~ feeling so it's all good.

I liked how the mech 'expanded' at the end of the episode.

Felt like I was watching Edward (Cowboy Bebop) there for a second with the orange haired girl on the computer.
standApr 5, 2014 2:08 PM
Apr 5, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
Too early to say if the story will be any good, but god damn dem mecha animations are great.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 5, 2014 2:05 PM
Oct 2010
I actually really enjoyed this. The mech expansion was really creative and awesome. Also judging by this ep I can already assume a few things from the show.

1. The girl with the big tits and her friends either want to take over the world or destroy it and this threat has been known for sometime.

2. There are currently two courses of action being considered by the earth leaders, the ark faction as their name implies, likely want to get on ship and find another planet for humans. While the intercept faction wants to use the captain to intercept the aliens.

Might develop into something typical but I hope the plot itself stays entertaining.
GD1551Apr 5, 2014 2:16 PM
Apr 5, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Pknoctis said:
Lol wtf. Things escalated so quickly. Why does he suddenly know that it's attacking Earth and that he has to stop it?

Nice animation though.

I'm wondering the same thing too.. Other than that I liked this episode 4/5
Then again, this IS Bones we're talking about, so this'll be good. Right?
Apr 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2013
Amazing first episode, it was fast, interesting and fabulous!
Apr 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Errr, I won't whine on the fact that it's a mecha show since I knew it before watching it, but since I'm not really into mecha, it didn't captivated my attention. Also, it look like it's slowly turning in a revenge story about his father.

The music during most of the show felt too epic but in a cliche way, which I don't really like.

Though, the art and animation is really amazing. Bones knows how to make awesome animation.

Well, we saw the first side-romance, but it doesn't look that relevant.

The character design is not bad not great, just correct. I just feel like it would have been more interresting if the main wasn't a teenager. It worked well for NGE, but teenager in anime tend to become overdramatic in an annoying way.

Anyway, I'll continue watching it, but I might consider dropping it...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2010
There was plenty of cliche's and a lack of originality. However, I really enjoyed it. Great direction and OST, and I like the characters.

4/5, will follow.
Apr 5, 2014 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
Great voice actors, great character design, great animation.
A really nice start, I'm really looking forward to this! Especially with Miyu Irino as the voice for the main character.
Apr 5, 2014 2:36 PM
Oct 2010
Botato said:
Pknoctis said:

Nice animation though.

I'm wondering the same thing too.. Other than that I liked this episode 4/5
Then again, this IS Bones we're talking about, so this'll be good. Right?

The kid gave him the key thing showed him what was happening.. and I assume.. what would happen as well.
Apr 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. Animation was great and like the mech desgins so far. Here's hoping they can keep this up!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 5, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2013
Loving that animation. This anime looks really promising, cant wait for the next episode.
Apr 5, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2011
minouneetzoe said:
Errr, I won't whine on the fact that it's a mecha show since I knew it before watching it, but since I'm not really into mecha, it didn't captivated my attention. Also, it look like it's slowly turning in a revenge story about his father.

The music during most of the show felt too epic but in a cliche way, which I don't really like.

Though, the art and animation is really amazing. Bones knows how to make awesome animation.

Well, we saw the first side-romance, but it doesn't look that relevant.

The character design is not bad not great, just correct. I just feel like it would have been more interresting if the main wasn't a teenager. It worked well for NGE, but teenager in anime tend to become overdramatic in an annoying way.

Anyway, I'll continue watching it, but I might consider dropping it...

Teenage MC with father issues is pretty much a given in the mecha genre.
Apr 5, 2014 2:47 PM
Nov 2013
Not a good start. Art, animation, and character design is all great. However, I have huge gripes with the story so far. A first episode should introduce the story and characters in a concise and eventful manner. This episode was just confused and boring. I was looking forward to this show, but this does not bode well.

3/5 it was OK
Apr 5, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2010
wow

animation quality is solid and the art style is really nice.

backgrounds are abit more detailed than usually and the most important thing: the mechs look nice!

great first episode..soo much going on..wow. the final part where the mech got assembled was awesome.

5/5
Apr 5, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
First impressions:

Animation was good. Grateful the mechs were not pure CG.

Storytelling was... awkward. Can't put my finger on why, but it was off.

Too much fanservice/ecchi crap. Boobs jumping all over the place, please leave this out of my mecha. I fear it's too late for this show, though. Fanservice is a detriment to the show, but of course they need to appeal to horny kids. Fuck that shit.

Next ep is going to contain.. FUCKING MAGIC GIRLS?? Yeah.. definitely questioning whether or not this is the show for me.

I will stick with it, if only because the lack of mecha this season. Hopefully this show improves.

First episode score: 6/10. If not for the fanservice: 7/10.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.