Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With Turn of the golden witch finished, next week starts Banquet. Out of the 4 games translated, Banquet of the golden witch is most people's favorite.
Sep 9, 2009 12:47 PM

Jun 2009
wow this episode was a little scary for me especially maria pumpkin expressions thing but i was a little dissapointed how battler slammed beato face on the table scene was ommitted and dread of grave bgm was a little off(the vn was so much better)
cant wait for the subs

i can imagine all the battler fangirls faces right now when they saw him in his birthday suit lol
Sep 9, 2009 12:48 PM

Dec 2008
Eh? It's out? I demand a link.
Sep 9, 2009 12:50 PM

Jun 2007
Rosa Musou was short but still did a good job showing Rosa being badass. No denying that this episode was rushed but it was still good.
Sep 9, 2009 12:51 PM

Jun 2009
titanguy654 said:
titanguy654 said:

Here man http://say-move.org/comeplay.php?comeid=24785
Sep 9, 2009 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
MarthX said:
Rosa Musou was short but still did a good job showing Rosa being badass. No denying that this episode was rushed but it was still good.

Hey you are right with all gruesome scenes it might be my fav
Sep 9, 2009 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
It was a Nice Goat ending :D

I really miss nighteyes at the "Battler, you're the wolf!" part.

Beato's boobs got a lot bigger. Maria's faces are so ugly. Naked Battler FTW! I'm glad they kept that.
The part with Kinzo and Battler being eaten was awesome. Rosa-musou scene was way too short but it wasn't bad. I really wanted to see her stab the goats with the fountain pen though.
The Tea Party was a bit too rushed and they took out the "Rosa, Rosa why are you such an idiot?" part which was my favorite part in the Tea Party besides Battler smashing Beato's head into the table and they took that out too ;_;
But it was still gross and funny like in the game and they kept Battler's line about eating Maria and the "Slice up your cow tits and make me a sandwich!" line. I didn't expect them to keep either line so I'm happy ^_^

the ???? was too short but it's good to finally see Lambdadelta. Her voice fits pretty well. And I'm glad they took out the

This episode was still very entertaining and not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Actually, it's probably my favorite episode so far. But it killed one of my theories D:

I can't wait to see it subbed.
Sep 9, 2009 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
hirahira said:
I really wanted to see her stab the goats with the fountain pen though.

this. but I still like DEENs Rosa-musou(worldenddominator ftw), I watched the scene twice xD
The tea party was...okay. Marias laughing face didn't fit...I always imagined her with an sad look, I need to read the whole second arc again...

This Ep was rushed, but they handled this good, and this is still better than a rushed Episode 3^^

and..Lambda <3

I'm giving this Episode a 5/5
Kyu-chanSep 10, 2009 1:12 AM

Sep 9, 2009 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
Dread of the grave.
Sep 9, 2009 2:00 PM

Dec 2008

Despite a good ending, I hope that Banquet has a better adaption, Turn had much more flaws than it should have had.
Sep 9, 2009 2:57 PM

Jun 2007
A fun flash game to celebrate Rosa Musou.

http://ww3.tiki.ne.jp/~ri-msx/zero/rosa.htm

Z is shoot
X is melee
C is special when you have a gold bar
Sep 9, 2009 4:02 PM

Jun 2008
For anyone who is interested, here is the ???? from the game

and the Tea Party

And here's how the Rosa-Musou scene happened in the game

You guys should check out all the Umineko videos from this user: http://www.youtube.com/user/hitomi04
hirahiraSep 11, 2009 5:51 PM
Sep 9, 2009 5:14 PM

Dec 2008
I just noticed....why the fuck do the goats turn into butterflies?
Sep 9, 2009 5:27 PM
Mar 2008
titanguy654 said:

That's how Beato's magic works. Everything is comprised of butterflies for her.

I'm surprised at this episode for making Rosa a fair bit more emphatic than in the VN. I don't the she even think about dropping Maria for the gold. She just stood her ground.
Sep 9, 2009 5:59 PM

Oct 2008
well, i also think it was quite rushed, but the scene where used Dread of the Grave was incrdible.
MarthX said:
A fun flash game to celebrate Rosa Musou.

http://ww3.tiki.ne.jp/~ri-msx/zero/rosa.htm

Z is shoot
X is melee
C is special when you have a gold bar

Cool game, BTW

Sep 9, 2009 6:47 PM

Dec 2008
PlatinumHawke said:
titanguy654 said:

That's how Beato's magic works. Everything is comprised of butterflies for her.

I'm surprised at this episode for making Rosa a fair bit more emphatic than in the VN. I don't the she even think about dropping Maria for the gold. She just stood her ground.

I don't remember that from the vn, though
Sep 9, 2009 8:06 PM

Jan 2009
The butterfly thing is mentioned many times in the SN. When the Goat that turned into another fake Kanon died in the equivalent of this very episode, for example.

Sep 9, 2009 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was pretty rushed, but then again, every episode since 7 has been in my opinion. I am really upset that they skipped over Rosa and Maria getting eaten by the goats, but I guess it was time constraints.

The ???? was WAY too short, but at least we got to see Lambda :)

Also, I am mad they took out the "Ni-pah~" I was anticipating it...
Sep 9, 2009 8:53 PM

Jun 2007
GarLogan78 said:
I thought it was pretty rushed, but then again, every episode since 7 has been in my opinion. I am really upset that they skipped over Rosa and Maria getting eaten by the goats, but I guess it was time constraints.

You thought 9 and 10 were rushed? They were the slowest episodes.

Also.. it never shows Rosa and Maria being eaten. They're being surrounded and a cuts to black with "When the seagulls cry, no one survives"
Sep 9, 2009 9:07 PM
Oct 2007
I would have preferred more at the end with Rosa and Maria if only because Worldend Dominator is my favorite track in the game. Felt a bit rushed but considering the next arc is my favorite from the SN, I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 9, 2009 11:01 PM

Jul 2008
MarthX said:
GarLogan78 said:

You thought 9 and 10 were rushed? They were the slowest episodes.

Also.. it never shows Rosa and Maria being eaten. They're being surrounded and a cuts to black with "When the seagulls cry, no one survives"

Oh. I just assumed that since there were all the chomping sounds it was happening. =/
Sep 10, 2009 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
With this episode, I smell even more S&M Battler doujin/fanart than when the game itself was out. I didn't expect Shannon's shield to looks so flowery. My only true complaint here is they should've given Lambda more screentime in the ??? party. Animation had its ups and downs again. The gore scenes were well done, I really liked how they changed Maria from an apple pie to a talking head on a platter. Rosa's crowning moment was a good length as well. I dd notice Rosa missing her crest a few times during the banquet though... still I'm satisfied. *waits for the usual bitching complaints from the hardcore SN players*
KantarouSep 10, 2009 12:06 AM
Sep 10, 2009 12:56 AM

Sep 2008

Ahaha~
Battler, you make me laugh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 1:45 AM
Jun 2009
Best episode so far.
Sep 10, 2009 1:45 AM

Dec 2007
satisfying episode to say the lest, though i will have to get on the "it was rushed" train along with the other SN players. The biggest instance of which was when Battler left Rosa and Maria and went to the dining area... They didn't even mention how that happened! He was just suddenly in a different room, and not to mention they failed to mention how drunk he was. Which from my theories seems to be an important detail. And they made it seem like Rosa was captured at the end... Didn't the SN say she died, and the Tea Party took place in the "meta world" afterwords?

The other parts were satisfying enough as an adaptation but of course fail to almost the highest degree when compared to the original work. Though that should be a given.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 1:46 AM
Dec 2007
The pacing was like a bullet train, but with good reason, I suppose. There was never a dull moment, it kept zooming along. So far, I think this was the episode with the most tension. They didn't cut out anything necessary, I don't think, and they kept all the main things in. Beato berating Shannon about not sleeping with George. Battler's dead eyes as he became Beato's furniture. The goats tearing apart both Kinzo and Battler. Rosa's line about hell, and 'the only Maria, the only mama' quip. Maria loading the bullets whilst Rosa kept shooting. Keeping in the part about the siblings being the cause of Rosa's frustration. I thought that they'd throw in Lambda's 'Super Paper' qoute in, and I'm somewhat disappointed that they didn't. That showed the difference between the trio. Annoyed that they didn't show Rosa thinking of running away and leaving Maria behind, amongst other things. But, we can't have everything, I suppose. I thought that they'd cut the opening out to fit some more things in, actually.

Sure, I wish that this episode could have been longer, but it wasn't as bad as I thought that it would be. After all, if we got another episode of Turn, an episode for Banquet or Alliance would have been cut out, so I'm content. Some awkward animation here and there, especially at one point during the tea party, when Rosa was eating Maria's head. They kept a good bit of the music in, including 'worldend_dominator' (which was still too low), 'Dread of the grave' and the troll waltz. The tea party was deliciously (pun intended) disturbing, and I liked how they showed the Rudolf pie. Oooh, you could totally recognize that it was a face. One thing that I didn't like, was when Rosa was eating everything in the sn, didn't Beatrice refrain from telling her the names of things until after she took a taste. Like, the 'Bloody Krauss'. I'm sure Beatrice told her the name of it after she took a sip. The tongue salad was perfect, totally fitting of Eva's sharp tongue. And I adore what they did with Maria's head. Although, I kept waiting for her to say, 'take it easy~'. Just kidding.
Sep 10, 2009 1:59 AM
Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Best Line ♥ Plus the lines of Battler saying that he'll eat Maria in 10 years shows his perverted side, nice to see that after the gore.

Though no Beato facesmash, I liked the ep. Rosa's gourmet meal was disturbingly awesome, loved how they did maria's head, with her all rolling about.
ElikaSep 10, 2009 2:05 AM
Sep 10, 2009 2:17 AM
Mar 2009
As I feared, this episode was rushed to the ground. But It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, it was still a good episode. I think they handled the Musou Rosa scene the best out of all of them, except for the fact they took out the part where Rosa and Maria died anyway. I'm sure anime-only watchers are gonna have their share of nightmares in this episode with all the gore and whatnot, I don't blame them, since it was just as gruesome in the VN.

As for "????", I'm glad we got to see Lambda, but she should've had more lines to display her personality a little bit more. She barely had any screentime. I blame the slow paced episodes from episode 9 and 10 for everything that went wrong with this episode. Otherwise, it was still a good episode either way. 4/5.

Here's to hoping they handle the best game so far in the series well. "The Banquet of the Golden Witch". See you guys there.
Sep 10, 2009 3:46 AM
Sep 2008
I don't know. I would've preferred that Rosa ate the food before Beatrice revealed to her what they were. And didn't show Rosa the exact process on making food. I mean, having a meat compressor and Krauss appear, and having him thrown inside, just for one drop of blood? Yum. And, Maria's head reminded me of an octopus for some reason.

Rosa didn't slam the goat into the ground like she should've D:.

In other news, Lambda. Adorable. And Battler never asked Beatrice about her three sizes, but I guess that would've completely ruined the moment.
Sep 10, 2009 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
Okay I'm seeing how this works now. If you've never played the VN before, you don't think too much about pacing because all these comments are making me go "What are you talking about? This was finely paced."

-So if I was to want to draw somebody into the show with only a textbook definition of what it's about, I'd probably show a clip from this episode. This was the best one yet. The tension was at a high and the violence, while excessive, had the right effect.

-When Maria got pinned by the furniture goat thing, I was like "GET THE HELL OFF!"

-So I'm assuming Beato is into that stuff? :P

-IT'SU PARFECTO!

-"Slice up those cow tits and make me a sandwich."
"Maria, it's ten years too early to be telling someone to eat you. But make sure you tell me that ten years from now okay? It's a promise" "Uuu~ I promise"

Battler is win.

-I hope we get explanations for the stuff they cut out later. Like when Beato was saying "I'll explain everything" then we get a commercial, or like at the end when it looked like an epic confrontation was about to happen, the episode ends. I could even tell "They're going to cut to commercial now I bet....yep, they did"
Sep 10, 2009 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
Wtf did i just saw? What was that?
I don't know if i should just drop it or just look at it as some crazy shit to watch just for the lol.
And what happened to the two versions of Battler. Damn fucking shit they just throw whatever comes to there head in there.
After seeing the Rosa eating scene i was also wandering how is it possible for an anime character not to act good. I guess anime characters need an acting school also.
Sep 10, 2009 5:17 AM
Mar 2009
Monad said:
I don't know if i should just drop it or just look at it as some crazy shit to watch just for the lol.
And what happened to the two versions of Battler. Damn fucking shit they just throw whatever comes to there head in there.
After seeing the Rosa eating scene i was also wandering how is it possible for an anime character not to act good. I guess anime characters need an acting school also.

If you've seen Higurashi, you would know there is going to be a lot of "WTF did I just saw" moments in this show. So it's up to you to decide to just go along with it and wait until it's explained, try to make sense of it (which would be hard), or just drop it because you don't have the patience for such things and you think it's just too horrible to watch.

As for the Battler's, there are still two of them, but they both gave up to the witch. Piece-Battler was eaten by the goats in this episode as shown and Meta-Battler was just sulking in his defeat until he built up a new resolve to take on Beatrice again in her twisted game.

No comment on your last statement, the characterizations can use a little work in this show.
HaiShangSep 10, 2009 5:43 AM
Sep 10, 2009 5:46 AM

Jun 2008
PsychFreak said:
Monad said:

If you've seen Higurashi, you would know there is going to be a lot of "WTF did I just saw" moments in this show. So it's up to you to just go along with it and wait until it's explained, try to make sense of it (which would be hard), or just drop it because you don't have the patience for such things and you think it's just too horrible to watch.

As for the Battler's, there are still two of them, but they both gave up to the witch. Piece-Battler was eaten by the goats in this episode as shown and Meta-Battler was just sulking in his defeat until he built up a new resolve to take on Beatrice again in her twisted game.

No comment on your last statement, the characterizations can use a little work in this show.

My problem isn't understanding. The "wtf did i just saw" was about the constant increase of crazy shit that in this episode went too a new high level.
The problem with this show in contrast with Higurashi is that Higurashi started like some lame overly moe country school anime that became a horror killer loli fun, while this started like a nice supernatural mystery thriller and became "let's throw whatever the shit we like from quote head guys, S$M naked guys to little girl heads that speak and want to be eaten along with a whole gang of witches instead of just one and who knows maybe in the next episode we will have ogres gang raping everyone."
Sep 10, 2009 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, so much went on in this episode, especially the last 11 minutes. Beatrice has quite a twisted idea of what dinner is lol.

First time I felt sorta queasy watching the scene with Rosa and the dinner from hell scene.

Still even though I'm a guy, the naked Battler scene was....rather....interesting. Shame the goat men ate him, even though we all know he doesn't "die" in that scene.

A 10/10 rating for this episode so far. It's a darker and more twisted episode compared to the others.
Sep 10, 2009 5:54 AM
Dec 2007
garfield15 said:

-I hope we get explanations for the stuff they cut out later. Like when Beato was saying "I'll explain everything" then we get a commercial, or like at the end when it looked like an epic confrontation was about to happen, the episode ends. I could even tell "They're going to cut to commercial now I bet....yep, they did"

Actually, even in the sn we don't get to hear this explanation. We can only imagine that Beato tells Battler something so bizarre and fantastical, that he has to believe it, and has to submit to her.
Sep 10, 2009 6:06 AM
Aug 2009
As usual, this episode also leaves a lot of things unexplained.
(that were explained in the VN or made obvious)
Sep 10, 2009 6:06 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
PsychFreak said:
Monad said:

If you've seen Higurashi, you would know there is going to be a lot of "WTF did I just saw" moments in this show. So it's up to you to just go along with it and wait until it's explained, try to make sense of it (which would be hard), or just drop it because you don't have the patience for such things and you think it's just too horrible to watch.

My problem isn't understanding. The "wtf did i just saw" was about the constant increase of crazy shit that in this episode went too a new high level.
The problem with this show in contrast with Higurashi is that Higurashi started like some lame overly moe country school anime that became a horror killer loli fun, while this started like a nice supernatural mystery thriller and became "let's throw whatever the shit we like from quote head guys, S$M naked guys to little girl heads that speak and want to be eaten along with a whole gang of witches instead of just one and who knows maybe in the next episode we will have ogres gang raping everyone."

Yes, everything becomes crazy.
That's because Battler surrendered to the witch. So she can freely twist everything and anything as she likes (she's already did that before, but now is ten times crazier)
As Bern said, this game is "one-sided", Beatrice's influence is overwhelming.
Sep 10, 2009 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
Awww, Lambda was just adorable ! And so was Bern at the mansion ! nyaa ~

Sep 10, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
Pretty much good closing for turn of the golden witches.
It just the witches tea party that too short.

For compliment, nice with the worldenddominator and Dread of The Grave !! yeah !!

What I dissapionted in this episode is when Rosa runs from the goat isn't her wrist broken and couldn't carry the gold ? I couldn't see it here.

Also on the tea party, the food were awesomely shown but not how they make it. I really wanted to see Krauss's blood sucked until dry.

Lamda's voice is pretty much okay for me altough i didn't like it pretty much...
Just see Virgillia and Ronove in the next episode...
Sep 10, 2009 7:16 AM

Mar 2008
I just started playing episode 2, and it's already finished in anime :(
Certainly the best episode, i was a bit surprised when Battler surrendered, but that was just for a moment ^^

So hmm, was Rosa the culprit this time ? That meal in the end really looked like a, punishment for her past actions...
Sep 10, 2009 7:50 AM

May 2009
lambda seems like Miyo when she was young...
Sep 10, 2009 8:02 AM

Jul 2009
She has the same seiyuu too.
Sep 10, 2009 8:40 AM
Dec 2007
Absurdly epic episode. Everything from the half of the ep onward was just fantastic, it was both ugly and totally over-the-top as I like. By far the best of the series till now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 10, 2009 8:41 AM

Jan 2008
Gore, cannibalism, and sexual innuendo? why not, it's a horror anime after all.
Sep 10, 2009 9:15 AM

May 2009
4kicks said:
Gore, cannibalism, and sexual innuendo? why not, it's a horror anime after all.

I really enjoyed this ep, can't wait for the next arc, but I wonder how many witches will end up showing up by the end :S
Sep 10, 2009 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
Fuuuck yeah. Lambda.
Sep 10, 2009 9:48 AM

Aug 2009
While I have no qualms since I haven't played the VN, I really want to see that scene that everybody's talking about where Beato's head gets smashed into a table.
Sep 10, 2009 9:49 AM

Jun 2008
I don't think anyone has put EP2's Tea Party on Youtube yet :(
Sep 10, 2009 9:53 AM

Dec 2007
Too little Lambda and no Nipah~. Great episode otherwise.
yakisobapanSep 10, 2009 10:33 AM
Sep 10, 2009 11:40 AM

Jul 2008
so another game ended. its pretty interesting the way they made it. i suppose now it will be a totally awesome arc since bernkastel will go all out.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.