Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And it blasts off right away with the premise. Artwork is a bit generic and some parts of it reminds me of Familiar of Zero. Still, I think it made its point.

As I had thought, Rebbeca is popular as hell at school wow.

Mm dragon battles at school. OST isn't bad I guess and this was something I had expected. Same goes for the fan service I guess. We meet the main girl Eco at the end there.
Apr 5, 2014 7:35 AM

Apr 2009
No.
Apr 5, 2014 8:08 AM

Jan 2012
No hope for this season.

Apr 5, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
Wow is the new season really starting off like this ?

1.Why does ever blonde bitch in anime have to be named Silvia

2. WTF why would you want to wake up from a dream like that and act like it was a nightmare? I never understood those scenarios

3. We get the typical support character with glasses ( I guess this should be expected)

4.The typical discrimination story "oh man he's a loser because he doesn't have a freaking parr"

5. The typical president character everyone loves.

I'm done listing

This anime didn't even try and I heard it had a manga the author didn't even try to come up with something slightly different.
Well you know who's dropping this junk
Apr 5, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2009
You guys honestly bitching about the new season already when we literally had sequels to two of the most acclaimed anime in a long while just yesterday? Find me one season of anime which didn't have a single clunker if you can.
Apr 5, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
Hmmm, weird not having the obvious main girl in the first scenes.
Well, let the waifu wars begin.

Will keep watching depending on our red headed loli tsundere level.
Apr 5, 2014 8:29 AM

May 2010
artwork is indeed generic and the animation is just terrible in soo many scenes. at the beginning the way they animated the flying dragons..BLEGH.

why does it feel like i am watching a fourth season of zero no tsukaima?

im half through the episode and i already see no point in continuing.

the characters are soo stereotypical..its like everyone has his/her own role that they have to fill in the class.

amon-raw did a good job pointing that out.

this season has been awesome sofar (mushishi after 8 years finally season 2 + jojo ) but this show is garbage.

i will finish the episode and probably drop it aswell.

screw this. dropped.
KerozinnApr 5, 2014 8:33 AM
Apr 5, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2013
First episode was pretty good not the best tho so it will be interesting to see what happens with that girl and ash.
Apr 5, 2014 8:35 AM

Oct 2010
Stupid episode filled with cliches. Why on earth was he willing to sacrifice his life to save someone he just met who was trying to kill him? typical nice guy MC. I'll give it 3 more episodes.
Apr 5, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
Not bad. I think I'll follow this one.

It does seem like it's going towards the harem route though :P XD

I'll need to see how annoying the loli will be first before deciding.
Apr 5, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 2011
Some dragons can fly and some dragons are like T-Rex.
One reason to keep watching this is the pink haired dragon loli of course.
I think things will get slighty better with the next episodes.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 5, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2013
His dragon turning out to be a girl. Gotta see where this will go from here.
Apr 5, 2014 9:02 AM

Sep 2011
I watch this because of giant tits, loli & tentacles(see the preview) but after watched the ep its pretty cool anime very interesting for now, can't wait for the next ep.
Apr 5, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
I was positively surprised.

The MC seems not the usually harem guy always overwhelmed by the female characters, but seems to be pretty active.
The artwork is good, I prefer much more this type of art and animation than the Key ones or similar.

Typical fantasy ambientation, but whatever.
Why some dragons cannot fly?
And I don't get why he would have helped that little brat, surely because she hesitated and because he wanted to know more.

This first episode was very enjoyable!
Apr 5, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2010
Zelgadis94 said:

The MC seems not the usually harem guy always overwhelmed by the female characters, but seems to be pretty active.
The artwork is good, I prefer much more this type of art and animation than the Key ones or similar.

seems some of us have watched a completely different anime.
Apr 5, 2014 9:54 AM

Oct 2013
It has dragons and a loli. This should be enough to keep me interested for a while but nothing that good. :/
Apr 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2013
Swords, Fighting Dragons, "Plot" and tentacles? AOTS
Considering that I've read the manga already, this became one of my top picks of Spring season. Hopefully this adaptation delivers my expectations :)
Not a bad first ep though...
Apr 5, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Kerozinn said:
Zelgadis94 said:

seems some of us have watched a completely different anime.

Seems so, 'cause I actually was also positively surprised. I can't deny that it is kinda cliché and it also remind me of Zero no Tsukaima in some ways, but I still think it was pretty decent and enjoyable. I hope it will become more interesting.

The opening was OK. The ending was wierd but still fun.
Apr 5, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2012
Below average art, so so music/voices and top heavy women everywhere...
Oh well its only ep 1 and for what its worth the plot at least seems passable so ill keep watching. Not expecting much tho
Apr 5, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
I rather enjoyed it, yes i would admit it i got the zero no tsukiama vibe as well and that it has a lot of the cliche settings but i still rather enjoy it.

The only thing that was a bit off was the animation but no to drastic will keep an eye on this one
Apr 5, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
It was fun, though there are very slight diversions from the LN, it was expected I guess, for those who say it's too generic, I'll say this It's true that, there are many generic things but there will be many unique things in the series as well

The LN series have pretty well character development, so altough the characters start as generic and classic like Amon- Raw pointed out, they will develop well, if the series remain true to the original work.
Apr 5, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2012
The show has good art and the setting is interesting.

However, the most important part is how the characters interact with each other. We didn't see that too much this episode, mainly because the female lead was introduced at the end, but I hope the characters have chemistry with each other.

It was a fun episode and I am looking forward to next week. My takeaway from this episode is that the character designs are awesome but I would have liked to see a little more comedy and maybe more interesting battle mechanics, although I realize that it is only the first episode.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 5, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2012
I feel like this is shit, so why do I want to watch the next episode so badly?
Apr 5, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2013
to those who are only viewing this for the ecchi like me watch the raws (or wait for *insert group* to sub the AT-X version)
Funimation cuts a ecchi scene around 13:34 with generic mc and his dragon girl.
Apr 5, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
rebpanda said:
I feel like this is shit, so why do I want to watch the next episode so badly?

cuz your penis is telling you to watch this show :|

you do have a penis right? :|

Apr 5, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2012
I didn't watch this yet. But can someone tell me if this is uncensored ?

If it is censored then what about AT-X version ? Is it censored also ?
Apr 5, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
It looks good, the character designs were good, art and animation looks decent. The story I need to get used to, well its only the 1st episode. Besides I like the concept involving dragons in here.

Apr 5, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2012
Zeally said:
cuz your penis is telling you to watch this show :|

you do have a penis right? :|

Wonderful assumption, but I don't get off to fanservice like that.
Apr 5, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
Looks like the little blond girl he saved as a boy was the princess? Wonder what happened there?

Man, I'd feel sooo unhappy if it's like, here's your dragon: a girl. D: She can't fly... No fangs and claws. Bah. I hope she does something cool. I can tell she's a bitchy tsundere just from the opening...
Apr 5, 2014 11:34 AM

Feb 2014
Seems really good. Having some really high hopes for this anime. Going have to keep watching this the minute new episodes come out.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Apr 5, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
Not too fond of the art direction they've gone with and I don't recall the ladies chesticles being so large in the manga, but I think I'll enjoy this..
Apr 5, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2011
Why does the dragon have to be a girl? Really, that's the only thing I have against this at the moment. Why a girl? Why couldn't it be an incredibly sexy looking dragon so we could have a bestiality harem instead? I just hope she can transform into a dragon, though I'm not too sure about that.
Apr 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2013
this 1st ep is kind of boring, nothing really happened yet, I wonder why. the manga has gone up so far
Apr 5, 2014 12:27 PM
Jan 2013
somehow the animation has too many black colors? some areas are just filled with black color i dont like it...

the ED is not bad it's nice

will keep watching but if the tsundere (main heroine) becomes too annoying i will probably drop it
Apr 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
Like every anime, I'm going to give it 3 episodes before I decide to watch or drop. From the first episode though, it doesn't look real promising.
Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly! :3
Apr 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
Seems like your typical ecchi series although the big-boob lady aside, they keep it quite toned down. No senseless boob jiggling, accidental trips, naughty winds, or forced ecchi scene (I love ecchi but only good ecchi). The story and setting was so-so. I don't like the dragon's design and the characters are as generic as can be. That being said the back story did intrigue me. I'll try to watch 3 episodes at least.
Apr 5, 2014 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Ash's dragon is a human girl instead of normal dragon. It was a good start anyway.
Apr 5, 2014 12:54 PM
Dec 2013
gosh why didnt the MC have some crazy badass fire dragon instead of some little annoying looking girl.
the only females i like so far is that red head president and the blonde princess
Apr 5, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
ScazoN said:
gosh why didnt the MC have some crazy badass fire dragon instead of some little annoying looking girl.
the only females i like so far is that red head president and the blonde princess

Because tasty tsundere lolis >>>>>>>>>>> chuunibyou-fuel
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 5, 2014 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Every season there's always that one show that many people don't like but something I really enjoy.... Haters gonna hate, but I really enjoyed this.
Apr 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
Generic as fuck and loaded to the brim with cliches. Good voice cast, though.
Apr 5, 2014 1:28 PM

Nov 2013
As I expected - a dead ringer compared to The Familiar of Zero and several similarities to Unbreakable Machine-Doll as well. I really liked both of them so this one won't be too bad at worst and really enjoyable at best.
Apr 5, 2014 1:29 PM

Dec 2010
Ugh, this was terrible. I read a bit of the manga a while ago so I wasn't expecting much anyway.
Apr 5, 2014 1:57 PM
Mar 2014
who was the hoe who almost went down on Ash? lol anyways i hated all the female characters in this episode but Ash was pretty cool
Apr 5, 2014 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
keldeokun said:
You guys honestly bitching about the new season already when we literally had sequels to two of the most acclaimed anime in a long while just yesterday? Find me one season of anime which didn't have a single clunker if you can.

Lol I totally agree with you, this is actually a really good season and has some really good stuff in it.
There are obviously going to be anime's like this every season, Some people just need to suck it up and deal with it.

But either way, this is getting dropped :p
(The OP was terrible.....)
Apr 5, 2014 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
Well the art looks like shit and the VAs don't fit at all, otherwise it was better than I thought it would be
Apr 5, 2014 2:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Magical spirit restores the MC's left arm.. Nice tattoo inscription though. XD

Good opening song.

That dream was quite funny! A good amount of fanservicing wasn't so bad.

So, Ash has the ability to ride others' parr.. A good advantage, I'd say. Though, it could be problematic late on.

Dragon training battles at school. Ash is pretty adept at it.

Race begins.
Ash is being helpful to Silvia.. She's a potential tsundere. XD

Facing a death event calls for a dragon Navi loli!

Ending song is okay.

Now, would this become a harem? A possibility since a loli and tsunderes are involved.

Lets look forward to it.

Apr 5, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
Predictable, unoriginal and I already hate the character design. Ok so we have our MC who has misterious powers and wow he gets a dragon loli with pink hair, next episode he's going to win the race and win the blonde girl's heart. If he won't win the race he's still gonna win her heart btw. Will keep watching for the moment but I have low expectations now.
Apr 5, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2014
Disappointing
Apr 5, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
The animation is dreadful...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

144 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2014

100 by jdzero »»
Feb 14, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

48 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2014

45 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Seikoku no Dragonar Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

61 by Nongquoc136 »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.