Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Hate when my shipping fails T___T still a very nice anime, took me by surprise (tsumugu is such a poker face -_-)
Dec 30, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
I started to downgrade the score from 10/10 to 9/10 but I kept the 10. Yes the ending is open but just like life itself, questions can't be answered and relationships forged in 26 episodes. Everything doesn't work out always as perfectly as you had hoped. Remember, this is the "Slice-of-life" genre & life leaves open endings. Wish there would be another season though.~
Dec 31, 2014 9:02 PM
Jul 2012
So I guess it's the kind of sequel or riot ending huh? Well, it was fine but I just can't settle down by selling Miuna x Randomschoolscrub. /( ̄ロ ̄;)\
Jan 5, 2015 12:00 AM

Dec 2013
Ahhhh true that on the open ending, I still hope Miuna ends up with Hikari. She did so much for him. Although I am not entirely upset about Manaka being with Hikari. But then again, it didn't show a conclusive connection between anyone. Left an empty spot in me sigh. 9/10 though!
Jan 10, 2015 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
So best girl wasn't sacrificed, ok, not a 1/10. But still there was some bullshit writing during the whole show like in this ep, the scene were Hikari screamed and the barrier broke lol (I was happy with it but it was shounen-level writing).
Kinda touching ending.
The show had too much love bullshitting. I'd like more plot. Preferably about this whole beautiful, underwater world.
Shit pairings
Great visuals
Decent OST
5/10
Jan 10, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2014
Well, there's a 'romance' tag after all.
Jan 12, 2015 1:24 AM

Aug 2013
In the end all well's that ends well.. though I want to say that.
Of all the pairings.. Tsugumu x Chisaki was a strike out for me. I just don't like that guy.
There are many things I feel wrong looking at them but oh well I'll put it at the back of my mind.
Truthfully I feel a bit disappointed that Hikari and Manaka didn't have a more conclusive ending..
Yeah they and we know they love each other but sad to see no moments to depict that at the end.
I was stunned speechless when they return from the sea and Manaka just ran for Miuna instead of Hikari.
WHAT DO THEY THINK MY HEART IS MADE OFF ?? DIAMOND ?!?!! Hahahaha I laughed with a broken heart.
I really wished they would have at least got a hug or something.. sigh my feelings left unrequited forever now lol.
They went for the safe route and left the rest to our imaginations.. dang it. I'll cry in the corner alright. *sobs*
I'll preserve their moments together at the beginning and throughout the story to heal me aching heart LOL.
As for Kaname x Sayu.. I'm happy with that. Miuna's unrequited first love. Let me cry with you. T__T
But everything said this will be one of my favorites.. doesn't change how beautiful this anime is.
Jan 12, 2015 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
ahxiian said:
In the end all well's that ends well.. though I want to say that.
Of all the pairings.. Tsugumu x Chisaki was a strike out for me. I just don't like that guy.
There are many things I feel wrong looking at them but oh well I'll put it at the back of my mind.
Truthfully I feel a bit disappointed that Hikari and Manaka didn't have a more conclusive ending..
Yeah they and we know they love each other but sad to see no moments to depict that at the end.
I was stunned speechless when they return from the sea and Manaka just ran for Miuna instead of Hikari.
WHAT DO THEY THINK MY HEART IS MADE OFF ?? DIAMOND ?!?!! Hahahaha I laughed with a broken heart.
I really wished they would have at least got a hug or something.. sigh my feelings left unrequited forever now lol.
They went for the safe route and left the rest to our imaginations.. dang it. I'll cry in the corner alright. *sobs*
I'll preserve their moments together at the beginning and throughout the story to heal me aching heart LOL.
As for Kaname x Sayu.. I'm happy with that. Miuna's unrequited first love. Let me cry with you. T__T
But everything said this will be one of my favorites.. doesn't change how beautiful this anime is.

at the end Kaname x Sayu was touching, when he said hes willing to give her a chance
Jan 12, 2015 7:35 PM

Nov 2014
Nothing official, but I am happy that the show has a happy ending!

Jan 12, 2015 7:37 PM

Nov 2014
Rosaryn said:
So I guess it's the kind of sequel or riot ending huh? Well, it was fine but I just can't settle down by selling Miuna x Randomschoolscrub. /( ̄ロ ̄;)\

cannot agree, he seems to be a nice guy who actually cares about Miuna

Jan 13, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
Sugram22 said:

at the end Kaname x Sayu was touching, when he said hes willing to give her a chance

Yeah I'm glad Kaname didn't just accept upfront.
He'll start seeing Sayu as a girl and start from there.
They had the least development in my opinion but bare great result.
Personally I'm most satisfied with the ending for this couple.
As for the saddest would be Miuna. T___T
Feb 17, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
Wow.......................................... what a disappointing ending. The writers just HAD to do the typical "main guy ends up with main girl" thing. Like I didn't see this coming from episode one, what the hell? I fell in love with this series and everything was perfect except the last episode. Miuna is so much more likeable and better than Manaka. Damn... if Miuna and Hikari ended up this would have been a 10/10 from me.

Anyway apart from the most disappointing ending I've seen in a while, this anime was amazing. A crazy ride. What started from a love square turned into a love web and it was really hard to predict who would end up with whom (although again, I'd rather had some asspull ending than Hikari x Manaka). Also this anime is probably the most bitter-sweet anime I've seen (it has both sweetness and bitterness, unlike a certain series *cough*requiem of the phantom*cough* that was just outright depressing).

Damn... that ending. Clearly Miuna is best girl. Ffffffuuuck -_-

lionheart04 said:
What the hell is this ending? Miuna deserved hikari and that annoying manaka should've just stayed in the sea god's side as a self sacrifice for everyone.

This guy knows what's up.

Chanaynay said:
Yay, I LOVED THIS ENDING. Happy, good message, everything. Also Tsumugu/Chisaki and Hikari/Manaka are canon which I shipped so I'm a little biased.

Well fuck you too!
HandsomeManFeb 17, 2015 4:20 PM
Feb 21, 2015 12:53 AM
May 2013
As much as I would've liked Miuna and Hikari ending... not sure how they could've pushed Manaka out of it. The very last scene felt like they just wanted to provide some sort of Hikari x Manaka ending, would've expected and preferred it to end a scene earlier.

And oh my, rewatching the end bit to find this quote I realized how bittersweet this ending really is for us Miuna fans.

--

"So show me, Hikari.
Show me what you can change, and what you cannot."

"But now... now I know that nothing is fated.
We have the power to change anything."
(...unless you're Miuna)
- Hikari
Feb 24, 2015 9:57 AM

Feb 2009
And the biggest shipping is not even mentioned here: Humanity and the Sea. This anime is basically a nice, cuddly romance version of Schätzing's "The Swarm".
And I liked it.
Mar 3, 2015 1:40 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
which part is the lull~Earth color of a calm~ ? never heard it... they played the first op in the last part! how disappointing!
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 8, 2015 4:43 PM
Feb 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:
So does that mean Hikari and Manaka didn't end up together? What about Miuna? Will Hikari consider dating her?
they did end up being together...Theres just no kiss as a proof :)
Mar 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
Looks like everyone is back together and happy and stuff.
I really preffered for Hikari to be with Miuna instead of Manaka, but it looks like he is gonna end up with Manaka after all. It ain't easy to throw away Manaka after all.
I do not really mind Chisaki being with Tsumugu and Kaname being with Sayu, even though my favorite ship still is Hikari x Chisaki.
Miuna is best gurl anyways, such development is real great.
Anyways, nice episode, and a great anime overall, 8/10.
I am gonna miss this anime.
Mar 16, 2015 11:59 PM

Feb 2013
IT'S OVER!!!

Thank God. Oh thank God I was so wrong what I said about in the previous episode about Miuna waking up years later.

No OP. Expected since this is the last episode. I don't there is an anime that plays the OP in its last episode.

really cool to see the real story of the Ojoshi-sama and the Ofuniki. That was cool. The Sea God sure looks like Oroko-sama.

So it was the original Ojoshi-sama that was naked in the preview in the previos episode and not Manaka.

Miuna is saved! Hurray! I'm glad that she didn't hibernate. That would be bad.

Jeez, the animation in this anime is amazing. That scene with all of the Ojoshi-samas in that fire was amazing!

Hiakri dad finally shows up. Haven't seen him in a long time.

Looks like everyone woke up from hibernating! About time!

We get a nice little scene with Chisaki meeting her parents after five years. That was real nice. I'm glad they did that. That was something I wanted to see. The faces her parents make. Aww.

Looks like everything is back to normal. The saltflake snow is gone and so is the ice. The weather seems to be getting warmer.

Akari has Ena now? How!?

Hikari, Manaka, and Kaname still go to school with Sayu and Minuna.

Then we get one last scene with Hikari and Manaka. They start talking about what Manaka wanted to say to Hikari after the Ofunehiki. She doens;t say it becasue Hikari already knows what she was gonna say. I think it would've been nice to hear it though. After all that he went through. And for us too. We've waited a long time for her as well. Slightly disappointed but oh well.

So the ships are

HiakriXManaka
TsumuguXChisaki

Others that are hinted at are
KanameXSayu
MiunaXBoy-from-school

The ending was a much more happier than I would of thought. An epilogue OVA would be nice but I don't think we are gonna get one. The story ended solid with just a few open endings to make us think. Like KanameXSayu and MiunaXBoy-from-school.

Amazing anime. The music and animation were on a whole other level. I love both of the OPs and EDs! They're so good! This is one anime I will never forget. I love it. I don't know how I feel right now. I feel empty. But I always get that feeling when I finish a truly amazing anime. I'm gonna miss these characters and this universe. It's very unique. Farewell Nagi no Asukara. I really did enjoy this ride. I'll never forget this. This is one I'll always remember.
Nano1124Mar 17, 2015 12:33 AM
Apr 4, 2015 11:17 PM
Oct 2013
tsumugu x Chisaki ? ( O HELL NO ! )

tsumugu immediately has ENA when drowning ???? ( I WANT TO PUKE )
It's true that this guy was half-seapeople, but when he achieve ENA
( I feel 'WTF ?! Let him die and swept away by the current I DON'T CARE' )

I really really hate that guy from the begining till the end, he act so calm every episode.

Chisaki who had IYKWIM after time-skip better with kaname.
let tsumugu single till the end I don't even care.

Hikari x Manaka
Kaname x Chisaki
Miuna x school guy
Sayu x Akira
TSUMUGU X SHINIGAMI

10/10 overall :D
Apr 6, 2015 8:01 AM

Sep 2012
to bad for u then, if u can't be happy for other peoples happiness, cause if they are written like this it means they are happy with their choice, as long hes not a bad guy, cheater i have no problem with him, same would be if it would be reverse like he would be girl, u know what i mean, i for one am satisfied with this pairings they did

people should be happy that the char's found their happiness, & not complain about, i know its ur opinion, but that's my opinion, that people should be happy that all chars found their happiness
Sugram22Apr 6, 2015 8:06 AM
Apr 25, 2015 12:10 AM

Oct 2013
Won't lie, two things I was really hoping for the ending was that Hikari would become the sea god and he would end up with Miuna.

Miuna was my favorite character by far, followed by Chisaki and then Tsumugu.
Apr 27, 2015 6:21 PM

Nov 2012
Oh man what a beautiful story...loved this
Apr 28, 2015 3:57 AM

Apr 2015
6/10 - The artwork is simply amazing and I love the drama between the characters.But I hate all the pairings at the end lol.
May 11, 2015 8:36 PM

Mar 2014
I think the Ending was S*ck, 8/10 for the art - 1/10 for the ending

I hate Chisaki end up with tsumugu,... They(PA Works) did'nt think about what Kaname's character Feel ? Think the Logic.. He is chisaki childhood friend, He is the one who confess his love first, He is the one who support chisaki whenever she down, He is the one who always beside chisaki whenever she needs, But why suddenly Tsumugu come along and Ruined everything,.. Kaname already save Tsumugu in the Boatdrift ceremony and as a result he was fall into the sea and end up hibernate for 5 years,.. When he woke up, Tsumugu just say thanks and steal Chisaki from Him,.. WTF !! Tsumugu doesn't deserver chisaki, He should end up Alone,..

And yeah, The story end up differently,.. chisaki never know what the Pain that Kaname has been felt since he woke up after hibernation,.. Surely Kaname was the most fucked up character,...

And Tsumugu was The Happiest, Luckiestt character,.. He has Live with Chisaki for 5 Years, He saw Chisaki Body accidentally, Have an Ena suddenly, and End Up With Chisaki,... WTF, His life is So Perfect, i hate him since the beginning,...
GhozzzMay 11, 2015 9:02 PM
Jun 6, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2014
That was awesome, it was a beautiful anime both visually and emotionally. It's been a while since I've watched something this touching. I've never really been bothered by these types of endings so I'll be keeping the perfect score ;)
Jun 21, 2015 4:02 PM
Mar 2015
idc if other people hates this couple
CHISAKI x TSUMUGU ftw!! ^-^
Jul 4, 2015 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Well the show continued its tradition of soapy, cheesy, melodramatic, cliche and boring characters, filled with teenage angst and full of watery eyes, shouting at the sky and constant, irritating so fricking annoying indecisiveness. I can not understand the praise this show gets. Nevermind the whole concept being stupid to begin with, nevermind the silly mythology or the fact that the fate of the world is in the hands of a group of idiotic teens who are more interested in their puppy loves then everyone else. The simple fact is that nothing that happened was interesting. At all. I felt zero emotional connection with the characters because they were just flat. No one had any traits to stand out among the others, everyone was just constantly moping, crying with nauseating dialogue. I'm sorry, your problems don't interest me because you don't interest me.

I'll give this a 4/10 because the one thing this show had going for it was the art which was certainly stunning. I even managed to smile here and there in the rare times the show decided to be lighthearted. Not much sunlight though to penetrate the crushing weight of water this puts on me though...

And really they stick with Hikari x Manaka? Even after all that drama with Miuna? Plus her being a clearly superior girl wit an actual personality? Probably the most fleshed out one out of the bunch... Sigh...
Jul 15, 2015 9:00 PM
Jun 2014
Typical shit romance ending with the side characters having more defined romantic endings, and the main character is more open ended. What the hell are the creators of these anime thinking?

And i could never stand that Tsmugugugu character as he's just the typical "pretty" guy who just causes trouble by being there. I did not like the pairing as i hoped for a Hikari x Chisaki ending. This was obviously not going to happen because the age difference (even though no one is smart enough to realize that 4 years becomes a small number in a few years), but i just wanted that guy ending up alone if anything and not with Chisaki.
Jul 24, 2015 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
gswelcome said:
Well the show continued its tradition of soapy, cheesy, melodramatic, cliche and boring characters, filled with teenage angst and full of watery eyes, shouting at the sky and constant, irritating so fricking annoying indecisiveness. I can not understand the praise this show gets. Nevermind the whole concept being stupid to begin with, nevermind the silly mythology or the fact that the fate of the world is in the hands of a group of idiotic teens who are more interested in their puppy loves then everyone else. The simple fact is that nothing that happened was interesting. At all. I felt zero emotional connection with the characters because they were just flat. No one had any traits to stand out among the others, everyone was just constantly moping, crying with nauseating dialogue. I'm sorry, your problems don't interest me because you don't interest me.

I'll give this a 4/10 because the one thing this show had going for it was the art which was certainly stunning. I even managed to smile here and there in the rare times the show decided to be lighthearted. Not much sunlight though to penetrate the crushing weight of water this puts on me though...

And really they stick with Hikari x Manaka? Even after all that drama with Miuna? Plus her being a clearly superior girl wit an actual personality? Probably the most fleshed out one out of the bunch... Sigh...

4/10?! You are so generous. I gave it a 2/10. Would of been 1/10 but the art is pretty decent and some parts were enjoyable. But the middle was like listening to nails on a chalkboard....

I think your criticisms of nothing "interesting" happening, i.e. big, are valid in general as an anime but in this genre it's not usually such a big deal if the romance is done right. But it wasn't. It's biggest failing are as a romance. It basically slapped all the viewers in the face and stabbed the genre itself in the chest and spat on it's corpse, but then tried to resuscitate that corpse at the end and say it's "alive" still even after the EMS pronounced it dead, dead, dead.

If there's no such thing as a "fateful encounter" why did any of us bother watching it?

And it tries to make it like all loves are equal. It's a typical teenage, hormonal view of love, which in truth degrades it's value into nothing more than two animals mating because the chemicals and timing was right.

If there is no fated love, then why does it matter if "feelings are passed down in the ocean". It's like after denying any sort of spiritual significance to love, they then what to add something pseudo-spiritual like that to the story to try to give it gravitas. They try to have their cake and eat it too.

If love is just chemicals, all that's being passed down in the ocean is essentially hormones. They try to remove love's "mystery" and spirituality and yet still want to try to use a "mysterious" spiritual thing to give their anime some sort of a meaningful ending.

But I should have known better from "Progressive" Animation (P.A. Works). I didn't notice or realize the company name was such a clue to the message of what I'd be watching...
Aug 7, 2015 4:04 PM
Aug 2015
great anime with a great ending too. Even though , they didnt show much romantic scenes for each characters. Now heres of my thoughts
-I was happy that Tsumugu and Chisaki ended up together. I mean like Tsumugu deserve to be with her after what happened to that tragic ceremony. He was the one who stayed with Chisaki and comfort her after losing her friends. We all agree that Chisaki likes Tsumugu too. It's just that she couldn't accept the fact that she has changed over 5years that is why she claims that she still likes Hikari even though she likes Tsumugo now. After all, she was the one who didn't want to change in their group but she ended up changing anyway. There's also the fact the she didn't deserve to be happy because she felt bad about her friends that slept for 5years while she was having a new life. You also may have noticed that Chisaki talks differently with Tsumugu compare to the others. She seems to care more about him (she keeps telling him to eat properly etc). Im also glad that Tsumugo waited for the others to wake up be4 confessing his feelings to her. Yet , people still think hes selfish and they don't belong to each other. U guys probably hating because Chisaki ended up with Tsumugu(known for 5years) instead of Kaname(since childhood). However , Tsumugu was there for her at those hard times. Remember its like the same thing when Hikari went to save Manaka and her when they got lost. That's probably why her feelings changed over those years. Im pretty sure we should have understood better if they showed us more what really happened between Tsumugu and Chisaki during those 5years. Even so , im pretty sure they both accepted each other , fact that Chisaki decided to stay in land instead in sea proves that she finally accepted to change and move on with Tsumugu
Aug 12, 2015 12:42 AM

May 2008
This had potential in my mind to be a 10/10. Gorgeous art, fantastic music, and great characters. I'm really happy that it had a happy ending, but the only thing the series did that irked me was the classic "I lost in the love triangle, but it's coo, no worries" trope that some of these romance animes pull. I want to see real emotion, come on! Miuna, you can't have Hikari, don't be happy just so that the series ends completely perfectly!

I'm cool with it if there's a narrative purpose for it (i.e. the whole "love comes from the sea" stuff) but Nagi no Asukara has been hitting us with feels for 25 episodes. It's hard to not feel like the "true end" here is a cop-out. They had an opportunity to break the mold, and I wanted them to take it.

Like when Sayu confessed to Kaname. I had always thought it was weird how Kaname seemed really distant from Chisaki, but was still pursuing her. But in that scene where Sayu confessed, we learned that Kaname was just feeling the pain of no one waiting for him, or wanting him. That shit's real. Sayu calls it childish, but man, tell me there weren't any feels in that scene. I think a lot of people can relate to his fear. That scene was wonderfully executed, and added a lot of depth to Kaname and the story. I was hoping for something like that with Miuna and Hikari, but alas. Maybe I'm too much of a Miuna fan, but the ending felt a little hollow without her semi-unrequited love being resolved.

Anyway, nitpicking aside, beautiful anime, in story, art, and visuals. 9/10
Sep 1, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2007
Well it had a satisfactory ending at least. Imo the first part up to episode 14 was way way way better compared to the rest of the series. Every episode was packed with new things and character development. Second half we only discovered new things about Miyuna (mostly) and a little bit of Sayu. Rest was them figuring how to save Manaka and express their feelings. Oh well. I still think that overall it was quite good. Visuals were stunning and the music was spot on most of the time. The funny moments were scarce but had an impact. And as I already said it had an actual ending. 8/10 it had a LOT of flaws but still I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sep 23, 2015 2:45 AM

May 2014
What a weird twist of events.. I've always thought that Manaka liked Tsumugu ever since, not that I'm against ManakaxHikari but.. It's just weird.. Plus, Chisaki like Tsumugu??! Since when??!!? I've always liked Chisaki for Kaname tbh. Tsumugu should just find somebody else! I want Kaname to be happy with Chisaki T_____T
Sep 25, 2015 10:03 PM

May 2014
I would have liked more emphasis on the fantasy/calamity stuff, and would have preferred the romance to be secondary, but I still enjoyed the show. The ending certainly wasn't perfect, but I liked it anyway. I'm was originally thinking 7/10 but as I look through wallpapers and screenshots, and listen to the well balanced soundtrack, I'm leaning toward a 8/10. :)
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sep 26, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
I have to admit this series was a blast to marathon these past few days. The whole idea of two seperate communities coexisting with each other resulting in it own fair share of problems, was fascinating in the beginning. The calamity that was predicted to come as being a natural event was very well executed with regards to the timeskip. I pity Chiisaki for not being involved in the hibernation process as it clearly affected her romantic chances with Hikari which surprisingly ended with her being paired up with Tsumugu who I thought was monotone throughout the show. The revelation of the whole losing your feelings of love with Manaka was interesting and well referenced with the story of the Shrine maiden. Sea God's fault on that part. Hikari saving Miuna from being the sacrifice was just mesmorising, as they shared mutual feelings on that part but more so of Miuna who was fond of everything about the sea.

This is definitely something I would recommend to users. 9/10.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 26, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2014
F*CK tsumugu. That sly motherf*cker is a sh*tfaced piece of garbage.
Sep 26, 2015 11:16 PM
Sep 2012
Sep 28, 2015 9:29 PM

Jul 2015
Honestly, for the first half of the anime, I was really hoping that Hikari would end up with Chisaki. I actually thought Manaka and Tsumugu had a thing going on, but I guess I was fooled. The fact that the winter-sleep thingy took place made me sad, mainly because Chisaki was the only one left behind. The fact that she ended up growing up 5 years before Hikari and them just really made me feel depressed about it (seeing things in her perspective). As for the 2nd half, I guess I was alright with Tsumugu and Chisaki, I mean they are the same age, so that was predictable. I'm still really happy with Manaka and Hikari though.
Overall, the anime was a solid 9/10. I was really, Really, REALLY hoping for a final confession/confirmation of the relationship between Manaka and Hikari. At least one kiss scene would've made me happy, but oh well, it was a great ride nonetheless.

caught in the wonder
Sep 29, 2015 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
Great series, just wish it had a bit more closure between manaka and hikari. Even though they gave Chisaki a lover, I still feel like she had a tragic ending, all her friends continued where they left off without her. I really liked Chisaki too, until she got left behind I was hoping it would be hikari x chisaki, tsum x manaka, and then kaname x random chick/no one bc he was probably one of the worst most pointless characters in an anime ever.
appidoSep 29, 2015 7:03 AM
Sep 29, 2015 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
appido said:
Great series, just wish it had a bit more closure between manaka and hikari. Even though they gave Chisaki a lover, I still feel like she had a tragic ending, all her friends continued where they left off without her. I really liked Chisaki too, until she got left behind I was hoping it would be hikari x chisaki, tsum x manaka, and then kaname x random chick/no one bc he was probably one of the worst most pointless characters in an anime ever.

i agree about closure, that's why it needs second season or OVA'S, to rap things up
Oct 2, 2015 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
4/10 the only good things is the ost
Oct 14, 2015 12:02 AM

Nov 2009
Hikari and Manaka didnt even get a proper conclusion to their romance? Is this really what I watched 26 episodes for? So Hikari could just say its alright if things change and alright if they dont. what the actual fuck is that all about.

Anyways 8/10 I thought this show was really good although I think a bit more lighthearted bits would have done the show a few favours as everything always seemed to be a bit too angsty.
Nov 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
The pairing is just fucked up.

Well, no complaints for most pairings but the Tsumugu and Chisaki pairing is just so forced. Somebody already mentioned about how it is forced so there's no need for me to mention it but damn.

Feel sad for Miuna though but it can't be help. I can convince myself of Manaka and Hikari pairing, despite I loathe Manaka so much to the point I hope she should just sleep forever, but goddamn the Tsumugu and Chisaki pairing... no matter how I see it, I can't just really convince myself.

8/10. Manaka just makes this series worse. Plus, for me, Hanazawa's voice ticks me off, as always.

Nov 8, 2015 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Ending wasn't quite as conclusive as I'd hoped. Still really damn good show. 8/10, because I'm salty Hikari x Chisaki didn't happen but after the timeskip it really couldn't.

Just watched the first PV too, I really like the art/colour style in it, would be interesting to see what the whole show would be like like that.
Nov 8, 2015 11:57 PM

Sep 2012
Hikari x Manaka all the way
Nov 9, 2015 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
Really wanted Hikari x Chisaki to happen but oh well. Everyone seems happy at the least so I'm not complaining
Nov 28, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
The ending was a little bit confusing with all these magical feelings talk and maybe I'm just not "deep" enough to understand it but it seemed a little confusing. It was nice though, I got the general gist of it, but I think it's a little overdone. I like the final pairings though - we got Hikari x Manaka, Tsumugu x Chisaki (my personal fave), and hinted at Sayu x Kaname. Miuna had her first love but it didn't work out, but she still seemed happy. It's impossible to pair everyone together anyway since we had 4 girls and 3 guys. Can anyone explain what exactly happened in the sea about Ojoshi-sama and Miuna? All the comments I see are just about pairings I find a bit shallow but hey that's MAL for you.
Dec 2, 2015 4:20 AM

Dec 2012
No kiss?
And lot's of plot hole
8/10
+1 for Art style

Dec 8, 2015 7:53 PM

Apr 2014
... Heh... The sea god is truly an idiot... Not so wise god. I don't know if I could see it a forced in these relationships... Manaka n Hikari n Miuna are 14... So no kiss is find they are still young... Tsumugu was so hard to read... Chisaki is just not being honest... Kaname was pretty much an not needed but he's their friend and he just wants some love.... Ummmm.....yeah This show is nice... 7/10 would recommend.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Dec 9, 2015 12:17 AM

Sep 2012
LoongFeels said:
Chisaki is just not being honest.

how so? over time she fell out of love for Hikari & fell in love with Tsumugu, that is if u meant that she still loves Hikari that way
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.