Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2013
but miuna.......
all good I'll claim her myself
Apr 3, 2014 6:07 PM

Nov 2013
Lol, liked the show and ending, but damn that was cheesy.

Felt like I got slapped with a brick of cheese.
Apr 3, 2014 6:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah not too sure about people's complaints about things being open ended...open ended in romantic relationships?

When Hikari's father walked towards him, tears started falling down. Although it was never a main theme, but more like a side theme, I always loved how well the anime executed familial relationships (as well as other issues such as discrimination or people's inability to understand each other). It's really too bad that romance drama was the main focus. I know it never tried to be anything else, but those were the parts that I really enjoyed.

Still, the whole last part when the first OP song started made me feel warm and fuzzy. Especially the part when Manaka did her fish-knee imitation and Tsumugu went along, that was adorable and felt nostalgic of the first few episodes of Nagiasu. But that very last part with Hikari and Manaka walking on the beach, that was beautiful, perfect for concluding the main theme of the series. I will really miss this anime.
Apr 3, 2014 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
1 out of 10, no kiss scenes.

Ehh, maybe not that bad. 7.75/10
Apr 3, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2013
WOW! Fucking perfect ending to a perfect show. Really... I went into this with high expectations after watching Angel Beats and Hanasaku Iroha from PA Works, but never imagined this show would join my top 5 of all time... damn. Such a beautiful show. Makes me hyped for Glasslip!
Apr 3, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome Ride from beginning to end of this anime. i will miss this :')

"This World is full with many shinning feeling"

thank you for your Hardwork PA Works and all people who involved in it.

looking forward the next work :)

Apr 3, 2014 6:40 PM
Nov 2013
Beautiful ending even if it wasn't as satisfying. I hope we get an OVA to see how everyone is doing in the future. 9/10 from me. Can't wait for Glasslip!
Apr 3, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
happy ending. wish it was longer :(, but still 10/10 for me. hoping for OVA
Apr 3, 2014 6:44 PM

Feb 2011
9.9995/10, would've been happy to see HiixMiu but the rest of it wrapped up so nicely anyway

Apr 3, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2014
It was a good, not great ending.

I would like to see something more darker and subversive.
Apr 3, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
stupid ending is stupid
Apr 3, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2009
Burgerboner69 said:
I don't get it, how are all of you saying this ending is open ended wtf lol?

The only "open-ended" pairing is kaname x sayu and miuna and that random surface kid (but it shouldn't matter since they aren't canon)

Manaka x Hikari ended up together

Chiaski x Tsumugu ended up together

I mean do you guys need to have sex scenes to confirm your ships lol?
can i keep quoting this post from now on?
Apr 3, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
pretty solid show. the ending was fine. nothing mind blowing but at least it was visually stunning. that random guy who likes miuna is right, she does seem prettier this episode. must be because she's gone through all that shit and matured a bit. ;D

overall, 9/10. i was pretty close to giving this show a 10/10 but i needed more feels. the 2nd part of the show still blows me away till this day. a very average anime took leaps and bounds to become something great, and for that it deserves its 9.
Apr 3, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2013
I see people bitching about the ambiguity in the final episode. It's better this way... Having a closed ending for 14 year olds is a bad way to end the show.
Apr 3, 2014 7:33 PM
May 2013
I don't understand why people hate the ending so much and I don't like the fact that people are always like "it's a shitty show because character #1 and character #2 didn't end up together or didn't kiss or so on". For me, it's a beautiful story about a group of young people struggling to grow up, to love, to face the future with a smile even though it hurts so much. And it's not some romantic comedy, it's something deeper and more profound that is embedded in the essence of this story.

I don't need to know who end up with who. All I need to know is that no matter how much it hurts, these young people will still struggle to move forward and look for happiness.

10/10
"if we don't love, we don't have to face sadness; but if we don't experience sadness, we will never be happy"
Jul 2018
Manaka got her ability to love someone back.

Too bad, that Hikari did not get a chance to know that Manaka loved him.

Jun 2013
Pretty message with a pretty soundtrack. I think this series will be memorable.

8/10, only because it felt half-hearted in places throughout and that threw me off quite a bit.

Apr 3, 2014 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
Beautiful :"> what a ride it has been!
Did I miss the explanation of why Tsumugu has ena? Well, I presume because he is also a half-breed.
8/10
Apr 3, 2014 7:49 PM

Apr 2012
Takala said:
so sick of ppl sayin the score or the overall of the anime dropped just cuz they didnt get the ending they want

Doesn't really matter. Look at the overall score. It was at like 8.16 now it's 8.45. That was a massive jump. I think it's pretty overrated as it is (though I gave it a very solid 8). Seems like the majority liked the ending or else we wouldn't see such a big increase.

Apr 3, 2014 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
I knew that this ending was possible but I really wanted it to be a bittersweet ending.

-_-

It had the potential to be a 10, the last episode was crucial.

I really want to give this a 10 but I can't with that ending. It's still a 9/10 though. :D

This show is about feels alright.
DGemu said:
Lol, liked the show and ending, but damn that was cheesy.

Felt like I got slapped with a brick of cheese.

HelghanKillzone said:
It was a good, not great ending.

I would like to see something more darker and subversive.

Totally agree. I was so close to crying in the middle.
But it was still a good show that was developed nicely. :)

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Apr 3, 2014 8:00 PM

Aug 2012
What a ride this series has been, 9/10.
Apr 3, 2014 8:03 PM

Nov 2009
Gosh, last week's preview was so misleading. I really thought Miuna was the girl looking at the sea.

I never thought this series would be this great. It seemed lighthearted at first but as the story progressed everything became deep. Although it is disappointing that no couple became official/started going out in the end.

The Sea god and Ojoshi-sama's story broke my heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 8:05 PM

Mar 2012
Well a bit anticlimactic. Thought ending was going to be extremely depressing, even prepared all week for it, but guess not. It was alright.
Apr 3, 2014 8:24 PM

Sep 2009
Could have been better. Eh.
Apr 3, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2010
No idea why I used to hate this show back then. The second half was wonderful, definitely PA Works' best show to date.

I'll give this a 8.5/10.
Apr 3, 2014 8:49 PM
Jan 2011
It was a good ending, not the best ending but a good ending but what the heck I love it. I actually pity the Sea God, I guess in the end he was just a romantic...
Apr 3, 2014 8:52 PM
Jan 2011
LeElPsy89 said:
Touma94 said:
...no couples just hints ...

That sounds like a sh*t ending ;_;

Personally I think the ending was pretty definitive on the shipping part...
Apr 3, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2010
Shut up Miuna....

Jk.

How are people complaining that this is an open ending? This was so in-your-face I could've rolled my eyes. Just because they weren't making out at the end ............

And even if you could take it as an "open" ending, that's pretty much the point of what they're talking about in this episode, i.e. humans change and the future is unknowable, but they'll keep trying.

But anyways yeah it was pretty damn clear what's happened:

1. The saltflake snow stopped and Manaka mentions it's gotten warmer = clearly, the ice age has been cancelled.
2. Chisaki and Tsumugu embraced, someone told Tsumugu that Chisaki was gonna be lonely with him gone = they're together
3. Sayu worries over her hair, and Kaname noticeably runs toward her twice = they're together (eventually. It'd be weird for them to suddenly be all over each other, so their development is normal)
4. Although Hikari knows Miuna's feelings, he doesn't say anything about returning them + Miuna calls Hikari her "first love" implying that there'll be others + the guy who likes Miuna hasn't given up = at the very least, it won't be Hikari x Miuna
5. Hikari and Manaka walk together along the beach, and they say they don't have to say it to know how they feel about each other. It ends with a shot of them looking out at the ocean ("love") together, and the wind sweeps their hair at the same time = they're on the same wavelength = they're together

Jeez lol.

They didn't really answer how the half-land half-sea kids suddenly got Ena though, and how does Tsumugu have it? He's only 1/4 sea at most, right?
Apr 3, 2014 8:59 PM
Mar 2014
I kind of knew so many people would complain. I personally thought it was such a beautiful and well thought out ending. I did wish they forwarded time though so we could see the characters all grown up. Overall, the show did not disappoint and it's one of the most unique and beautifully-drawn anime I've seen in a while. 100000/10
Apr 3, 2014 8:59 PM
Jan 2014
argilium said:
Burgerboner69 said:
I don't get it, how are all of you saying this ending is open ended wtf lol?

The only "open-ended" pairing is kaname x sayu and miuna and that random surface kid (but it shouldn't matter since they aren't canon)

Manaka x Hikari ended up together

Chiaski x Tsumugu ended up together

I mean do you guys need to have sex scenes to confirm your ships lol?
can i keep quoting this post from now on?

Please do lol, 90% of this topic is "ermagod open ending derp"
Apr 3, 2014 9:01 PM
Jan 2011
Pknoctis said:
Shut up Miuna....

Jk.

How are people complaining that this is an open ending? This was so in-your-face I could've rolled my eyes. Just because they weren't making out at the end ............

And even if you could take it as an "open" ending, that's pretty much the point of what they're talking about in this episode, i.e. humans change and the future is unknowable, but they'll keep trying.

1. The saltflake snow stopped and Manaka mentions it's gotten warmer = clearly, the ice age has been cancelled.
2. Chisaki and Tsumugu embraced, someone told Tsumugu that Chisaki was gonna be lonely with him gone = they're together
3. Sayu worries over her hair, and Kaname noticeably runs toward her twice = they're together
4. Although Hikari knows Miuna's feelings, he doesn't say anything about returning them + Miuna calls Hikari her "first love" implying that there'll be others + the guy who likes Miuna hasn't given up = at the very least, it won't be Hikari x Miuna
5. Hikari and Manaka walk together along the beach, and they say they don't have to say it to know how they feel about each other. It ends with a shot of them looking out at the ocean ("love") together, and the wind sweeps their hair at the same time = they're on the same wavelength = they're together

Jeez lol.

They didn't really answer how the half-land half-sea kids suddenly got Ena though, and how does Tsumugu have it? He's only 1/4 sea at most, right?

So true. Still I fell sorry for the Sea God. He wasn't such a bad guy after all...
Apr 3, 2014 9:03 PM

Feb 2014
Pknoctis said:

3. Sayu worries over her hair, and Kaname noticeably runs toward her twice = they're together

Jeez lol.

THANK YOU lol
I thought I was the only one getting those clues smacked in the face, its pretty obvious XD
>< at Kaname smiling and running towards Sayu~~~`
Sep 2012
Pknoctis said:
Shut up Miuna....

Jk.

Jeez lol.

The ending was okay. But, when Hikari was trying to save Miuna, i thought that he realized that he loves Miuna, but i guess from what you saying, what i said is not true. :( Now i have nothing to look forward on Thursday!!! Does anyone have any recommendations for new animes? :)
C:UsersZhouPicturesProfile Picsi love manga.gif

Apr 2012
no ships just hints?

people must be delusional or still riding on their non-existent ship

Sep 2013
Well if it's based on this episode alone, it would be about a weak 8. The emotional buildup from last episode did not work out well in my opinion. I was expecting some kind of bittersweet ending but it ended up kind of happy, it kind of ruined the episode. However as other have stated, such an open ending for a change/adaptation anime is actually the best ending out of all endings.

The whole show? 10/10 still. Perhaps I'm not exposed to older animes but this anime clearly has great story line and the characters are somehow developed, if not well developed. The only sad thing is, my Miuna did not end up with Hikari T_T, sort of expected it but damn it why Manaka has it easy at the end. Miuna the best girl, Sayu too (referencing from episode 24)
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 3, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2008
Poor Miuna, only best girl ended up losing. Everybody else got a pair.
Apr 3, 2014 9:14 PM
Jan 2012
6/10.......really could've given it a 5 and not felt bad about it. The resolution of the ojoshi/miuna sacrifice was so poorly executed. Lots of deus ex machina at work here; it just seemed like they were making up things as they went along without adequately/reasonably explaining it. The entire result just felt so fake and contrived.

This entire show in general tried to so hard to put forth a meaningful and profound message about feelings and love and instead meandered around until we get all these convenient endings. Totally anticlimatic. I still gave it a 6/10 and not a 5 because the artwork and the OST were stunningly beautiful until the end. But wake me up when Nagi no Asukara doesn't have to use melon sized tears to move its audience. Annoying, quite really.
Apr 3, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
razisgosu said:

Well true. Sad but at least that guy didn't gave up on Miuna, and maybe Miuna would look at him properly someday just like how Kaname looked at Sayu.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 3, 2014 9:17 PM

Nov 2013
I thought it was a nice wrap up to the series. Ended well with some good feels.
Apr 3, 2014 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
10/10, my favourite anime ever. What a beautiful journey. I have never been so emotionally invested in an anime before. Never. I have never wanted the time to pass so quickly in between episodes, I have never had thoughts of a specific anime in my head a lot of the day, thinking of the characters, their emotions, their relationships with each other, the world and scenery, how the story would go now. Not until this one. Thoughts of it consumed my brain. And now that it's over, nothing will ever take it's place. Thank you!!!
Apr 3, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2012
This show is just a glorified love story with too many characters for my taste. I thought the show would explore the interactions of the two societies as if they were populated with and controlled by real life people. Instead, the show drops a time skip in the middle of everything and dodges that whole thing entirely, replacing character interaction with divine intervention (the kind that happens on a whim, i.e. the bad kind).

I was gonna give this whole series a 5.5/10, but it gets points for having stunning visuals and music.

7/10
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 3, 2014 9:55 PM

Mar 2008
delulytric said:
razisgosu said:

Well true. Sad but at least that guy didn't gave up on Miuna, and maybe Miuna would look at him properly someday just like how Kaname looked at Sayu.

I think you meant he would look at Miuna properly. She's been looking at Hikari properly since a kid.
Apr 3, 2014 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
Its finally over and concluded, happy (ish) end for everyone~ nice ending overall. No kiss though xP
It was one roller coaster of feels every week with this show lol.
Beautiful art and backgrounds~ lol my fav characters are tsumugu and uroko-sama :3
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 3, 2014 9:57 PM

Apr 2010
Ending felt like a cop out for me. Dropped it to a 8/10 because of that.
Apr 3, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
razisgosu said:
delulytric said:
razisgosu said:

I think you meant he would look at Miuna properly. She's been looking at Hikari properly since a kid.

Lols, that guy refers to Minegishi, the one who has a crush on Miuna. True love always conquers all. #cliche

I guess if its Hikari, he did realize that Miuna has a crush on him and he sorta looked at Miuna properly from that time onward, albeit as a good friend and cousin?
-

Apr 3, 2014 10:18 PM

Mar 2008
people who complained about the ending, did they even watch the Prologue near the end of the ED song?
Apr 3, 2014 10:20 PM
Jan 2014
Not sure why peoplle are bitching about Haraki and Manaka not confessing to one another. They clearly already know each other's feelings from previous episodes, same with Chi and Tsu..

10/10 easy
Apr 3, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
Great series enjoyed it till the end 9/10
Apr 3, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2011
wow... it's done

i'm really satisfied with that ending. i don't think a confession would've worked for those two.

9/10.
really liked it
|ω・)
Apr 3, 2014 10:33 PM
Feb 2011
6/10
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.