Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2014 3:49 PM
Mar 2014
blopd said:
Hey, could somebody give me a briefing of what happened to the Sea God and why the sea calmed down?

Was it because the Sea God realized that Ojoshi's sama's feeling was actually for him from her feelings that melted into the see, if so, why did her (Ojoshi) feelings leak into the sea in the first place? Why did he go and burn all the Ojoshi-samas?

Did Manaka's pendant thing actually have any importance considering that Miuna was taken regardless?

Yeah..I'm not very good with understanding shit, that's my problem.

Would appreciate it if I could get some answers.

Basically because of Manaka and Miuna's Sacrifice and feelings plus the determination of Hikari awakened the memories of the sea and being the theme of this anime is change and acceptance the Sea God had learned the truth and accepted things plus he fixed everything that needs to be fix.

Aug 2009
BOOO.. NO KISSES

no canon couples Q A Q </3

NOTHING

Dec 2009
Very bad. 2/10
Apr 3, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
Ending was quite a disappointment for me. Oh well.
Overall, the anime was good
Apr 3, 2014 3:51 PM
Apr 2012
Was pretty happy with this one ... It ended exactly how I hoped ^_^ HikariXManaka, TsumuguXChisaki, and KanameXSayu. Though yeah the KanameXSayu isn't too into it yet but its definitely there. Such a beautiful anime, really loved the OST that played as the Sea God burned up the Ojoshi-samas.
Apr 3, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
I don't even know... The ending was alright, but I was expecting a little bit more closure. 9/10 At the very least, they were all happy.

Jan 2011
Now that I saw the subs I feel even more pissed. This show deserved proper ending and not this AnoHana crap. Stuff like this make the anime genre look childish... I mean, come on, there was way more yuri Miuna X Manaka moments in the episode than anything else. Tryhard being cute, not fun at all.

Coward author is coward. Why so afraid to be original and end your own story properly for once?
God damn it!
9/10 it is, and it was a solid 10/10 till now.
Still the show of the season for me, kinda why Im so mad about this shitty ending.

/rant

Mar 2014
Beautiful.. T-T

8/10
Apr 3, 2014 3:56 PM
Mar 2014
To those whining about a kiss KanamexSayu and ChisakixTsumugu just recently admitted their feelings and you expect them to kiss immediately? If there's a couple who needed that kissing scene it was hikarixmanaka although I wish it was Miuna :p but even if they deserved that scene kindly watch it again and Hikari was explaining that he accepts change now but at your own pace, there is no need to rush since there is nothing permanent, also he realized that while manaka was sleeping Miuna was there for him so he kinda wants to just stay the same and let things flow and carry them.
Apr 3, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2012
I wish Miuna had stayed in the fuckin ocean forever.

Well at least she's #foreveralone
Apr 3, 2014 3:58 PM
Mar 2014
Kinaro said:

How can you possibly hate the best girl :)
Apr 3, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2009
Whoa, shippefaggots get burned.
Apr 3, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
jdlim07 said:
Kinaro said:

How can you possible hate the best girl :)

I know right c:
Apr 3, 2014 4:03 PM
Sep 2013
i was rooting for miuna x hikari ): but im glad they didint leave it as a triangle
Apr 3, 2014 4:05 PM
Mar 2014
OMG whatch the subs, It was a really good ending in my opinion, No one got hurt, Everybody woke up in the sea, Everybody had their moment with the couples, They even tied up the loose end about the Tsumugu and Manaka thing, they had a cute bit aswell, not as a pairing but it showed how close they were, Miuna and hikari and manaka thing was preety much solved, if you look at the subbed version, Muina implies that she got over hikari and for Tsumugu, he leaves for University in the end and chisaki see's him off and sayu and Kaname have their thing going aswell, Overall i think this was the best way to end it, if you look at the sub version i think you will see what im talking about.
IdkIdkIdkIDK1Apr 3, 2014 4:14 PM
Apr 3, 2014 4:08 PM
Feb 2014
I see the ending knocked this down from a 10/10 to a 9/10 for a lot of people...I think I'm keeping it as a 10/10. I liked the open ending, I feel like it held true to the themes of the anime. It allows for change, and Hikari has that bit about changing being O.K. at the end there. Felt like it fit! Overall, fantastic series.
Apr 3, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Great show, mediocre ending.

Apr 3, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
Rynia said:
Anyone know the insert song that played towards the middle of this episode (the one with the singing)? Specifically starting at ~7:32 where Hikari is crying over Miuna and the Sea God's "will" starts flying towards them.

Pretty sure it is nagi. Forgot which song though.
Apr 3, 2014 4:21 PM
Jan 2014
All that emotional build up for that emotional let down. I'm disappointed in the ending as it left implied for everything and not a clear cut path. Manaka had more connection with Tsumugu than Hikari ever did in the entire anime and yet she has feelings for Hikari. Same goes for Chisaki. Can we at least get some closure on Miuna and Hikari? They didn't even try to talking it out after. The show jsut went from 9/10 to 7/10 for me. High expectations after all that excitment and then they decided to have that ending. (Almost every character in the anime had more interaction with Manaka than Hikari.)
Apr 3, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 2013
Rynia said:
Anyone know the insert song that played towards the middle of this episode (the one with the singing)? Specifically starting at ~7:32 where Hikari is crying over Miuna and the Sea God's "will" starts flying towards them.

It's Yanagi Nagi - Mnemonic
Apr 3, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Don't dislike the anime, because the people you shipped didn't happen. Fucking cry babies.
Apr 3, 2014 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
10/10 dropped to 9/10.
I really don't like hinted endings, I really like when it gives off a clear ending where we are 100% satisfied.
Anyways it was probably one of the best P.A. works series in terms of visuals, stories, and characters. They really should have done a better job at the ending though...It felt like they just infodumped us and didn't want a closed ending.

btw GG to Miuna fans out there.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
The majority of the Anime was fairly predictable. I think its strongest point was near the middle (around the time skip), and that really brought my hopes up. I was hoping it'd finish strong, but it was...alright. As much as I wanted a happy ending, I felt like the ending was more of a "everyone's alive! and that's it." Eight or nine out of ten from me. I'll watch it again to see if my feelings change about the ending...
Apr 3, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
That was excellent ending. While Hikari x Manaka technically did prevail, leaving their relationship with Miuna the same as before was a great decision imo. Everyone gets a happy ending and it has the feeling that life will go on happily ever after.
I couldn't care less about who Hikari ends up with because he doesn't deserve either of them.
Apr 3, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
Well an open ending, but it is better then rushing for a finished ending...
Miuna... really felt bad for her to be the only left out from the completed "love chain".
I liked how they emphasized Miuna's change though how she has become more beautiful.
Well Miuna and Manaka will become great friends that for sure.
The art was supreme!!! It was really beautiful T.T
I did enjoy the pairings... so much more to say :)

9/10 Really enjoyed this though it had a bit of disappointment (maybe also frustrations?) but I still really felt the drama. The feels... I really do like drama and romance, and plus Nagi felt really fresh.

Fate can be changed... and love really is grand yet sweet.
Apr 3, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Good show.
If the ending was better I would've given it a 10, but it'll be a 9/10 for me.

Stark700 said:
Looking forward to Glasslip for the summer.

Same here.
Apr 3, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2012
I quite liked the twist of the Sea God realizing Ojoshi-sama's feelings and how Miuna and Hikari helped uncover it. Sea God had best development
9/10 because Hikari's development throughout and Miuna's late development were really genuine and well done.
Apr 3, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
good ending. and i dont know why everyone is dissapointed. all pairings are set, everyone is happy, life goes on. its this: a life goes on ending. and thanks kami-sama, no cliche kissing scene! still over 0,94 here, so 10/10. best show (besides „Space Dandy“ and „non non biyori“) since a year ago. pls more anime with this quality! will miss my every 7 days dose of „nagi no asukara“ … =/ but „glasslip“ looks promising, thanks! and maybe we will see some more „nagi no asukara“ stuff in the future, a movie maybe. its kinda possible. ^^ at least i hope so. =)
summerwarsApr 3, 2014 4:55 PM
Apr 3, 2014 4:50 PM
Sep 2013
Really great show. Handled the sprawling cast well and I think it had a great ending too.
Apr 3, 2014 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
Is this really the end? Well, it certainly was enjoyable.
Apr 3, 2014 4:57 PM
Apr 2013
Reminded me of what it was like for me growing up, learning from my mistakes and moving on from heartache -- in that respect, I appreciate what they did with the ending. This show didn't need anything flashy. It concluded what it set out to do (and with a nice twist on the whole 'fate' crap they pulled). I really think this was a slice of life that got dressed up in other genres -- but it came home to its roots. Lovely.

THAT SAID, I think they dropped the ball on some of the character development. Honestly, I believe that's why the ending feels flat to some people, because there was too much that was promised or hinted at in previous episodes that there wasn't enough time to fully explore with all the injected drama. With that sort of ending, they should have spent more time with Manaka and sir Hii-kun at the end -- the majority of their development was front-loaded into the first half of the series, resulting in a sense of deadness at the end.

Manaka never really got past the crybaby nice-girl thing (and there was so much potential there!) -- only in that very last bit do we see the hint of a confident, mature young woman, and at that point most of the audience doesn't really care that much about her any more -- they'd moved on to Miuna.

Still though, above average writing and character building, and for that alone (despite a lot of unnecessary stuff in the second half, imo) I gave them a 9. I think that a second plot development, stretching this into a second season, and carefully handled coming-of-age segments would have resulted in the latter part of this episode really shining. The resolving of the romances wouldn't have felt pushed, the characters wouldn't have felt immature and tacky, and that last statement would have rung a lot truer.

But oh well, I still enjoyed the heck out of it. A nice little coming of age tale overall with some new bling to help it along.
Apr 3, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2010
Ahh Soo goooodooodODDdD.

I do have my minor complaints though.
Only with romance. Everything was just hinted at, but nothing really ever became official. Saddens me alittle since I wanted atleast a hug between Hikari and Manaka :-(. HOWEVER that little end bit dedicated to them REALLY boasted my opinion of the over all ending. It was just so sweet and innocent and just aghHGhghgfgabiufh this series..

I really love this show though. And this episode. Literally everything got solved. Sea people wake up, couples are 80% canon, finally hear the ending to Ojoshi's story, flames are explained, just so much gooodnesss overall.
Apr 3, 2014 5:01 PM
Apr 2011
So this turned out to be typical Okada: contrived romance/drama stuff. I do give this show points for not having any major drama meltdowns, and it was decent overall.
Apr 3, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2008
This made it all worth it for me! http://i.imgur.com/sNMlOum.png

I was sure the Sea God was going to throw a temper tantrum and just kill everybody. Glad it didn't turn out that way!

Akira looked so cute swimming around in Shioshishio.

Tsumugu's grandfather is such a tsundere.

9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 3, 2014 5:04 PM

Oct 2013
The ending was nice. I'm surprised that it was a happier ending than I expected. I'm going to miss this show.
Apr 3, 2014 5:06 PM

Dec 2011
Everything happened that I thought would so I'm kinda disappointed in it. Was kinda hoping it would surprise me somehow.
Apr 3, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
the only thing I disliked about the final episode was that no couple really "ended up" together.. good thing they brought back Miuna or my score would've gone down a lot more than it did.

no kiss? bleh..

8/10
Apr 3, 2014 5:12 PM
Mar 2013
oh goodness, the sea god is a sexy beast haha! Kinda disappointed with the lack of concrete pairings, as that would've let me move on from my previous otp (TsumuguXManaka) but I ended up not minding that much at all. I'm hovering on a 7 or 8/10 for this series, I'll just leave it at 8.
Apr 3, 2014 5:15 PM
Jan 2014
I don't get it, how are all of you saying this ending is open ended wtf lol?

The only "open-ended" pairing is kaname x sayu and miuna and that random surface kid (but it shouldn't matter since they aren't canon)

Manaka x Hikari ended up together

Chiaski x Tsumugu ended up together

I mean do you guys need to have sex scenes to confirm your ships lol?

10/10
Burgerboner69Apr 3, 2014 5:21 PM
Apr 3, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2012
I expected the ending it gave us. Now that it has ended, I'm only disappointed that they didn't take the relationships as far as they could have. Still a good watch overall.
I watched this because of Buriki at first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 5:17 PM
Apr 2014
I am quite mixed from the ending, but this anime is definitely still top notch. They don't have to rush any kissing like everyone wants. Hikari already noted that he is fine with the way things are and implied that he is fine following the flow of things. It is already hinted at that him and Manaka are still a thing though, so I don't see why people feel like there was no closure. The hints were not vague at all. Everyone else has their own ships and I felt like they did pretty well to show it. Miuna is definitely my favorite, so I was a bit crushed that she didn't get anyone, but the fact that she admitted to getting over Hikari and is happy is still a good ending for her.

Anyway, I do wish it was a two part ending just so they could add more scenes instead of making it feel rushed, but it's whatevs. Overall, I would still give this anime 9/10. :D
Apr 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2012
Burgerboner69 said:
I don't get it, how are all of you saying this ending is open ended wtf lol?

The only "open-ended" pairing is kaname x sayu and miuna and that random surface kid (but it shouldn't matter since they aren't canon)

Manaka x Hikari ended up together

Chiaski x Tsumugu ended up together

I mean do you guys need to have sex scenes to confirm your ships lol?

10/10

Quoted.
For.
Truth.
Apr 3, 2014 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
I watched it again with subs and even though it wasn't what I was expecting, Nagi got 10/10 with me. Why? I don't know. I was so hyped for this all the time and the characters were amazing and the OST was also amazing and it made me cry so hard so many times... So easily 10/10. I was wishing a better ending, more focused and ships and bla, but it was okay too. 10/10, my second favorite of 2013. Not the first one because there is Chihayafuru 2 ♥
I know my favorite ship Hikari x Manaka ended up together. ACTUALLY, all my ships ended up together, so what's more do I wanted? It was amazing.
Apr 3, 2014 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
MIUNA. SAYU. LORD YES.

ALL MY SHIPS BECAME CANON. YUSH. EXCEPT MIUNA AND MINEGISHI.

NEED A SEASON TWO. THE ENDING DID NOT. I CANT EVEN.
Apr 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
Well this series was amazing in every way. I truly enjoyed to its fullest.

Ah! No kiss. :'(

Great series!!!
Apr 3, 2014 5:51 PM

Dec 2012
Beautiful animation. As the story progressed I liked it a bit more. But that ending episode was just i don't know, just not definitive enough for me. Closure wasn't enough I guess. However PA works still did a great job( massive improvement from Red Data Girl) 8/10
Apr 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2011
well i sure as hell wasn't expecting a happy ending i didn't hate it nor did i love it just felt like there wasn't enough closure between all the pairing,wonder if they left it just slightly open for a S2 if not i can live with it

started as a 7 ended as a 8.5 visuals and music helped a lot plus i didn't hate any of the characters

btw anyone know what version of the first OP they used i really liked it
Apr 3, 2014 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
Best of the Fall hold over shows. 9/10. Fantastic drama with interesting characters and stories, great direction and writing, really beautiful art and locations, and just an overall extremely solid product. Thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Apr 3, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2012
This was a great show overall I loved it from beginning to end. Although the end was a bit ehh for me I still enjoyed it so much. A solid 9/10 Maybe an ova to give it some more closure and I'll be even happier.

Apr 3, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
so sick of ppl sayin the score or the overall of the anime dropped just cuz they didnt get the ending they want
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.