Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 2, 2014 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
There is no chance that Doflamingo is dead. He wouldn't have let himself get cut in the first place if he thought that would kill him.

Overall hectic as **** chapter and I can only imagine the rest will continue to be like this for awhile now. Also Sabo loving the dragon techniques keep them up.

Apr 2013
yeah there is no way mingo would get killed like that. there has to be some sort of trick. guess we will find out next week.

anyways i really liked this chapter. things were getting boring but this chapter turned it all around. its complete chaos right now and damn talk about a cliff hanger.

Dec 2008
Great chapter! This arc is one of my favorites. Sabo going beast mode and destroying the arena! Also I doubt Dofla is dead, there was clearly no blood whatsoever when Kyros cut his head. Something tells me that Pica has something to do with that since he disappeared from his fight with Zoro.
Apr 2, 2014 1:44 AM

Jan 2014
Whoaaa Sabo's cooool!
And why anyone actually believes Mingo's dead? You don't even have to think about devil fruit, blood, and all. In One Piece, people hardly die because Oda doesn't like killing characters. It's almost impossible a major villain got killed in one slash by a mere supporting character. Don't forget that. There will be something revealed next.

Edit: I like Senor Pink's tsundereness so much lol
wanderingplayboyApr 2, 2014 1:52 AM
Apr 2, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2012
Doflamingo isn't dead eider Law saved him because he needs him for something else down the line or heres a theory, Doflamingo can use his strings to control his body think about it his a puppet master this body of his might just be a puppet the real Doflamingo might be hiding somewhere in the shadows not reveling himself yet.
Apr 2, 2014 1:49 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This chapter's awesomeness was too much for me to handle. :'D

Sugar is unconscious. All the toys have been turned back to normal again! I would have never thought that some of them were animals, like the gorilla from the Colosseum. xD I lol'd at the plushie that was actually a weird old man. Must have been fun to be a plushie. xDDD

I doubt it's too easy for Doflamingo to die. Something fishy is going on and I am positive this mystery's gonna be revealed in next chapter...

And the last part was beyond epic. Sabo destroys the ring. Damn, so strong! I love his dragon techniques!

Things are finally starting to go bad for Dofly. Gimme next chapter now!!!! D:
Apr 2, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
Don't tell me this is Oda's april fools prank.
Apr 2, 2014 1:59 AM

Jul 2013
Did law cut don?
OH NO IK HE IS USING HIS STRING TO CONTROL A PUPPET WHICH WOULD ACT AS A TRAP

TREVOR VS SABO
Ocelot117Apr 2, 2014 2:06 AM
Apr 2, 2014 2:04 AM

Jun 2010
HOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIT.
Apr 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome chapter!!

Usop finally become a true hero.. lol

WTF did Sabo!!? that was cool!!

I want more!!!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 2, 2014 2:20 AM

Apr 2013
invalidargument said:
Don't tell me this is Oda's april fools prank.

i didn't even think about that. and supposedly japan does celebrate April fools day.
Apr 2, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
Mh, it can't be Law's room, he has sea stone cuffs, no?
Maybe Doflamingo is a Logia at the end? But a thread is not so logia type...
I don't know, maybe a thread clone? A puppet? I can't believe he died this way
Apr 2, 2014 2:35 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, either Law saved him to deal with him later, or Pica somehow swapped him with a 'stone puppy or smth'..

Sabo is going down to Trevor
Apr 2, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2013
Sung-Hwan said:
Doflamingo dies like a complete bitch? Are you fucking shitting me? Holy fucking shit I seriously didn't believe Oda would waste him so easily like the other villains of the second half, but this....Caesar put up a better final stand than Doflamingo.

This has actually really cemented my opinion on how One Piece has been slipping since the second half started. I can't believe Doflamingo got killed off like that.

Hm, not sure if you're serious or simply trolling.... Anyway, Doflamingo is not dead so calm down. He is far too strong to go down that easily, trust me.

Back OT:
Very good chapter. Everything I was expecting/hoped would happen did. Plus we got to see more of Sabo's power.. :) I'm still far from being on the Sabo bandwagon, though.
Apr 2, 2014 3:12 AM

Dec 2012
Wow crazy ass chapter.

Pretty sure that Doflamingo isn't dead but damn how is Oda gonna explain this? He isn't a logia user so losing his head isn't something casual. Maybe he could somehow re-attach his body together with his own strings sorta like Kakuzu from Naruto? Although that would bring up the question of how he could possibly be alive without his head.

Does anybody understand what really happened there at the end? It just looks like Sabo pressed his fist against the ground with hardened armament haki and next thing we know the stage gets wrecked. Well whatever Sabo did it was absolutely badass.
Apr 2, 2014 3:26 AM
Apr 2014
Nicobade said:
Wow crazy ass chapter.

Pretty sure that Doflamingo isn't dead but damn how is Oda gonna explain this? He isn't a logia user so losing his head isn't something casual. Maybe he could somehow re-attach his body together with his own strings sorta like Kakuzu from Naruto? Although that would bring up the question of how he could possibly be alive without his head.

Does anybody understand what really happened there at the end? It just looks like Sabo pressed his fist against the ground with hardened armament haki and next thing we know the stage gets wrecked. Well whatever Sabo did it was absolutely badass.

I totally agree with the 'string reattaching powers' theory. I've got my bet on it.

What happened at the end was simple: Sabo is strong enough to collapse the ground! (Well of course we should note that the stage was badly damaged from previous attacks from the contestants, most notably Burgess.)

While I agree with most of you that this chapter is really exciting, I can't help but feel that this arc is spinning out of control. There're just so many plots to follow here. For example, there are way too many uber strong characters in Dressrosa. I'm both eager and confused as to find out how future battles are going to be like.

Luffy, Kyros, Law VS Doflamingo?
Sabo VS Burgess VS Trebol?
Bartholomew VS Diamante?
Zoro VS Pica?
Issho & Marines VS ???
CP0 VS ???

And let's not forget about the newly 're-human' toys, that include the likes of Chinjao and Cavendish. I'm sure that they will take part in battles some how.

And what/where the hell about Sanji's team!! I want Sanji!
Rich577Apr 2, 2014 3:32 AM
Apr 2, 2014 3:30 AM

Mar 2012
This week's chapter too crazy!
Doflamingo dead!? Are you serious? Kyro chopped his head off?? Must be an illusion.

AND SABO JUST WENT FULL BIG!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 2, 2014 3:31 AM

Dec 2009
Not for a single second that I thought Doflomingo is actually dead. Just doesn't feel legit. And seems everyone is forgetting about how badass Sabo was when he demolished that coliseum.
Apr 2, 2014 3:32 AM

Apr 2012
Nicobade said:
Wow crazy ass chapter.

he mentiond something about every thing has a core must be some kind of observation haki that shows week spots and by using armament haky can destroy it all. It's like shatterpoin if you're a Star Wars fan.
Apr 2, 2014 3:34 AM

Apr 2010
Obviously he isn't dead. They wouldn't kill off a main villain like that because that would show originality and that doesn't happen in One Piece.

No he'll come back and of course Luffy will fight him.
Apr 2, 2014 3:40 AM
Mar 2012
What a load of shit this chapter was, and people still accept it. Typical.
Apr 2, 2014 3:43 AM

Jul 2011
clearly doflomingo isnt dead.

great chapter with ussop becoing awesome again and liking the new sabo :) he seems op

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Apr 2, 2014 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
I thought about a thing: the cp0 is still around, right? They are secret agents, so maybe some of them could have a copy or illusionary devil fruit
Apr 2, 2014 4:00 AM
Mar 2014
I wonder if there really was a plan as Usopp said, I hope so because I still can't completely forgive him for having been that much of a coward.
Also I wonder what is Law's plan since I'm pretty sure he's the one who cut doflamingo's head off. Either that or Doflamingo himself has a plan and pretending to have been killed is a part of it. Maybe they're working together which would make me kind of sad since I really like Law's character but that could become an awesome turn of events.
Apr 2, 2014 4:11 AM

Jan 2014
willyrs said:
Mh, it can't be Law's room, he has sea stone cuffs, no?

Idk but he has switched cuffs before (ch 677), no?
Apr 2, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2010
Shaduge said:
What a load of shit this chapter was, and people still accept it. Typical.

care to elaborate?
Apr 2, 2014 4:18 AM
Sep 2012
Now things are starting to fall apart for Donflamingo, well that is what you get for relying so much on a little girl, and all she had to do was be knocked out, should have giving that responsibilit to someone else, or have it that Sugar had to be killed for this stuff to happen. Now Donflamingo is screwed, he best retreat.

We are at the climax, it is almost time for the final battle. I don't think Donflamingio is out of the fight yet, and Kyros he only has one leg, only so much he can do. Luffy and Donflamingo has to happen soon, that is what this arc has been building to for so long.

I loved this chapter, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 2, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2008
Don't think Donflamingo dead.

Sabo is powerful.Wonder what is on the basement.Is he going to the factory too?

Chaos everywhere in Dressrosa.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 2, 2014 6:13 AM

May 2013
I don't mind if Doflamingo died like that. I mean, IT WAS KYROS THE SUPER FUCKING AWESOME COOLEST STRONGEST LEGENDARY GLADIATOR that cut him.

That Usopp was Usopp till the end. And that Sabo was still stronger than Luffy after all this time.
Apr 2, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2008
Is Sabo a devil fruit user? Dragon zoan type?

But seriously,it's really time for Oda to show Sabo face.
ZapredonApr 2, 2014 6:32 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 2, 2014 6:30 AM

Dec 2010
Sung-Hwan said:
That does not justify how a pirate that was built up to be one of the most powerful in the series just got decapitated by a one-legged warrior without any effort.
By no means is he just a one-legged warrior. And besides, it's shounen you can't really trust Doflamingo is dead yet, no matter what. Also it would be nice if Kinnemon was the one that got cut somehow, since he was impersonating him, Idk...
Apr 2, 2014 6:35 AM
Apr 2012
Amazing chapter again. Seeing all the toys reverting back to humans (or animals) is what we've been waiting for and it did not disappoint. Doflamingo is so screwed, can't see him staying on Dressrosa as once Kaido gets wind of what happened he is done for. Loved Kyros being badass, Doffy ain't dead though it would be fitting for Kyros to take his life.

Sabo at the end was wonderful, cannot wait for next weeks chapter.
Apr 2, 2014 6:39 AM

Mar 2009
Finally. More Sabo.
Apr 2, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2013
Sick chapter! My boy Usopp came clutch, Doffy got his head chopped off, Sabo is doing some crazy dragon moves and all the toys have been restored and everybody is regaining their memories of the toys. Chaos is happening. I am loving it! I am so glad that I made the decision to switch from the anime to the manga last week, best decision ever. This arc is amazing and this chapter gets a 5 out of 5.

Apr 2, 2014 7:02 AM
May 2011
I've got so many questions after that chapter. Who is the Doflamingo that got his head sliced off? Or is it gonna be an asspull ability? I hope Oda doesn't disappoint with this explanation.

Also what's with Sabo destroying the ring? isn't that where all the defeated gladiators are? or is there something else under the ring? Kinda let down that Sabo didn't get to showcase more skills in the arena but hopefully next week we'll get some answers
Apr 2, 2014 8:28 AM

Mar 2012
Holy EFF! This chapter was INCREDIBLE! Things are really starting roll now. And SABO! That ending.... @_@

So worth the week wait.
Apr 2, 2014 8:45 AM
Apr 2013
Things are really crazy now... There are so many different things you have to follow. I feel like I should wait a few weeks, so that I can read a few chapters in a row, but there is probably no way I will be able to resist reading the next chapter as soon as it's released :D.

Also I doubt that Doflamingo is dead as well.
Apr 2, 2014 8:47 AM

Nov 2012
"Dragon Claw Fist: Dragon's Breath!" Sabo is so OP, hahaha. wow.

There's no way Donflamingo is dead, it's surprising how many people have assumed he is dead! The one thing you should have learned from reading the one piece manga is to not easily believe that people are dead even when they appear to be/are implied to be. There has to be something with his string fruit that kept him alive. How in the world could he not have notice this big one legged dude charging for him and not have had the time to dodge the slice!?!? Something is definitely going on here, maybe he let himself appear to be killed so he can catch someone by surprise...Who would luffy fight if Donflamingo is dead? Answer me that, people who believe he is dead. Also that would be very abrupt and a stupid way for such a strong hyped up character to go out, there's no way!

Yep stuff is going to get crazy in the next few chapters. I really hope that Sabo's face gets revealed soon, and we get some sort of flashback or explanation as to what happened during the time after he was saved by Dragon.

I'm still wondering who will get the fruit and if it will be eaten by someone by the end of this arc. Not really sure who I want to eat it out of the contestants..
Apr 2, 2014 8:48 AM
Apr 2014
Well, Dofla can control things like Puppets, i'm almost sure that it was a puppet controled by Dofla, and right now he's running away D:
Apr 2, 2014 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
Holy damn! I knew Sabo would be strong but sssshhhhiiiiittttttt. Goddamn. Ace was strong but Sabo with the Mera Mera Fruit just sounds like overkill.

And Doflamingo isnt dead. Theres never been an antagonist in the history of anime that was that easy to kill.
Old_RavenApr 2, 2014 9:03 AM
Apr 2, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
I doubt he's dead now, it can be the re-attaching theory just like the others said.

I wonder what happened to Curly-Brow pirates.
One Piece = Devil Tree XD
Apr 2, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2011
Old_Raven said:
Holy damn! I knew Sabo would be strong but sssshhhhiiiiittttttt. Goddamn. Ace was strong but Sabo with the Mera Mera Fruit just sounds like overkill.

And Doflamingo isnt dead. Theres never been an antagonist in the history of anime that was that easy to kill.

And it fits because his abilities have "Dragon" in them.

OT: I'm predicting three possible outcomes for Doffy.

1. It's a puppet being controlled by him, he isn't that easy to kill even if by surprise.
2. He's a logia. Would be like Kakuzu from Naruto as he'd be a String man.
3. Law's room might've been set up the whole time because Law wants to kill Doffy himself.

Or maybe it's Kinemon disguised as Doffy?

Kyros vs Doflamingo is more fitting to this arc than Luffy, especially because of all the things he did to Kyros.

Apr 2, 2014 9:08 AM

Mar 2012
We saw no blood from Mingo, so I think he isn't dead.

Hack is Koala's friend? hmmm

Isn't that madafaka, supposed to be "Sabo", too overpowered?

Nahhhhhhh, Kyros is waaaaaaay too weak.
Apr 2, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
O_o?!

But really! How the hell did Dofla predict that might happen and had a dummy prepared [because there's no way he's dead....right O_O!! And he's no logia for sure]

Dat F****n SABO!!!!!!! BA!!!

Well Kyros. For now what a BOSS u are ^^...It was like a repeat of 10 years ago with the same scene but this time he got the cut.

I wonder who Koala meant at the last panel? He's coming!! >.<
Apr 2, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
Sabo is most likely stronger than Luffy, especially since he was probably training with Dragon or something ever since his "death". I'd say he's as strong as Ace.

Hack could be Koala's friend, she's the slave girl from the Fisher Tiger flashback so it is possible.

Apr 2, 2014 9:19 AM
Apr 2014
Barion-Zara said:
O_o?!

But really! How the hell did Dofla predict that might happen and had a dummy prepared [because there's no way he's dead....right O_O!! And he's no logia for sure]

Dat F****n SABO!!!!!!! BA!!!

Well Kyros. For now what a BOSS u are ^^...It was like a repeat of 10 years ago with the same scene but this time he got the cut.

I wonder who Koala meant at the last panel? He's coming!! >.<

Well, Law was there, saying "I HAVE A PLAN, AND I'M GOING TO KILL YOU", the Straw Hats are in there, saying: "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE DOING BUT WE'RE GOING TO KILL YOU", and you know, there's marines and other things. I dont see it that hard for him to predict thing could get messy and prepare a puppet :(
Apr 2, 2014 9:23 AM
Apr 2013
bigzzcobzz said:
We saw no blood from Mingo, so I think he isn't dead.

Hack is Koala's friend? hmmm

Isn't that madafaka, supposed to be "Sabo", too overpowered?

We knew about Hack already.

I don't think Sabo is too overpowered. We didn't really see him fight yet. All we know is, that his haki is quite strong and that he is at least on par with Burgess (probably stronger though).
He had a lot more time to train than Luffy, as he began his journey quite a few years before him and he was trained by the revolutionaries (probably by dragon himself). He's got to be strong.

About Dofy. I think Kyros and Law should be fighting him, but honestly i don't know who Luffy is supposed to fight then.
Also he is able to control people with his cloud strings, but he can't control their minds or what they're saying. It is not a puppy.
It is not Kinemon either. His transformation looked way different from the real Dofy, we would have noticed that in a close up like that. Plus he was busted already.
QuiniusApr 2, 2014 9:27 AM
Apr 2, 2014 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
bigzzcobzz said:
We don't know that. He was able to get the jump on and cut Doflamingo with one leg. Unless this is indeed a puppet then that is pretty impressive considering how others have fared against him.
Apr 2, 2014 9:40 AM

May 2012
Without a doubt I like Bartolomeo now
"I have a father!!! I just remember!!!"... "haaahh??" this conversation is funny.
.. Great Senpai is badass, Burgess is no match for him he cant even beat Ace.
I dont think Dofla is dead, If Dofla is not the final boss for Luffy then its gonna be Bigmom.

Apr 2, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
You guys seem to have forgotten, hack is a fishman and he was in the tournament.

I would think that doflamingo is either a logia or he is just using a puppet. The puppet doesnt seem likely though, he didn't plan for this shit to happen, he had no clue and is too arrogant to really prepare for it.

I really hope he isn't dead though, that would be disappointing, though at the same time i guess it is kinda good, shows that it doesn't matter how strong you are if you're caught off guard you are fucked.

And sabo, oh shit son, he is strong. All his moves have dragon in as well, so you know, wink wink nudge nudge. That arena is wrecked, sabo is gonna bring everyone out and lead a charge to the palace? And then after all is said and done and the arc is over, he'll speak with king riku and ally himself with them, making the revs stronger and have more territory. Simples.
jimbob1141Apr 2, 2014 10:36 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.