MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 19 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fushigi no Umi no Nadia »» Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 19 Discussion

View Poll Results: Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water Episode 19 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

2 66.67%
4 out of 5: Liked it

1 33.33%
3 out of 5: It was OK

0.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 3

01-17-08, 5:18 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episodes when the Nautilus explores some mythical places while dropping hints about the history of Nadia, the Atlanteans, and the Blue Water are among my favorites of the submarine portion of the show, and this episode, which concludes the Antarctica trip, is no exception. Here Captain Nemo's usually crusty exterior concerning children begins to soften as he takes Jean and Nadia on a tour of his frozen base. The wonders the trio experience range from elevator shafts in frozen tubes of ice, frozen dinosaur-like beasts, penguins, and finally, an enormous (and ancient --read, 20,000 years old!--)white whale named Irion who has the power to communicate telepathically with Nadia and Nemo. The latter is a breathtaking marvel to see, and it only gets better when we explore the surface of the South Pole in which a rainbow-colored aurora brightens the frozen night sky.

Ev Lunning Jr. acquits himself wonderfully in the role of Nemo in this episode; the scenes where he communicates with Jean actually make a connection to a real-life fact: Lunning was Nathan Parsons (Jean)'s director in a play, and coached him in doing the French accent. Listening to their exchages gives one the impression that we are hearing a teacher-student relationship between Ev and Nathan for real.

And of course, there's some hilarious bits involved--poor Jean receiving a slap across the face from Nadia and Marie after goggling at the sight of them shaking their clothes in a hot cavern, Sanson losing to Marie and King in a sand game, and Jean demonstrating his latest invention--an ice cream maker. All in all, this is great stuff.

12-17-09, 7:02 PM

Certainly one of the most interesting episodes of Nadia thus far.

Eww... 12.000 old food!

Oh and the scene with Sanson, Marie and King was really charming and funny

01-09-10, 8:42 AM

Wonder who the brother is. Interesting.

Gotta admit, I laughed out loud when Nadia got brain freeze from the ice cream. :)

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices