Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ikalgo ;.;

I was looking forward to more Netero vs. Merum this episode but whatever. Ikalgo is actually one of my favorite Chimera Ants. Ikalgo is awesome although some parts of the episode was kinda ironic in a way. Parasite in a parasite XD

@ the ending.
I think that's Palm. Oh wait it is. Holy shit.
Apr 1, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2008
Ikalgo is such a badass.
Apr 1, 2014 11:03 AM
Dec 2013
Thank you MADHOUSE you provided us such a funny April Fools' joke. :p They changed the order of the chapters from the manga, and then wasted their great staff for Octobro. He, I admit, is a likable character but still...
Apr 1, 2014 11:05 AM
Sep 2013
Holy shit, they actually used an entire "Mori episode" on Ikalgo. Wtf?

namihei said:
Thank you MADHOUSE you provided us such a funny April Fools' joke. :p They changed the order of the chapters from the manga, and then wasted their great staff for Octobro. He, I admit, is a likable character but still...

The recap was Netero and Meruem about to face off so I thought...damn. Madhouse is full of trolls.
CresherhsmApr 1, 2014 11:14 AM
Apr 1, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
I like Ikalgo and his episodes. This episode was great.
Apr 1, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
I was right.
Never doubt me again.

Eh, if it's just one chapter for a whole episode... might be stretched, but it's HxH so it might have a lot of details anyway.

Still I don't feel like watching this tonight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2013
I knew that they would pull a 115 on us but they actually gave this episode to Mori?! LOL
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 1, 2014 11:26 AM
Sep 2013
MilieFiore said:
I like Ikalgo and his episodes. This episode was great.

I loved this fight of his with Welfin but I was looking forward to Netero vs Meruem all week. LOL.

@judals For an episode that only covered one chapter, it was actually paced very well. The first minute or so is slightly dragged out but the rest of the episode is fine.

SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I knew that they would pull a 115 on us but they actually gave this episode to Mori?! LOL

It was a good episode though. I'm disappointed about Netero vs Meruem being pushed back but I ain't gonna lie lol.
Apr 1, 2014 11:41 AM
Apr 2013
So it looks like they are gonna save the entire Netero/Meruem fight so they could do it several episodes in a row? That's actually not a bad idea.

EDIT: Not a huge fan of the One Piece pacing, but one of my favorite fights is next episode, so I'll forgive it for once.
MCALApr 1, 2014 11:57 AM
Apr 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
An OK episode
Pariston_HillApr 1, 2014 12:00 PM
Apr 1, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know how to react to this...

(I'm so sorry, Cresher! You never really got to experience the full blunt of a Mori FIGHT-episode when we're actually EXPECTING it.)
GalekCApr 1, 2014 12:50 PM
Apr 1, 2014 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
ah alot April Fool this day
Apr 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2012
Inb4 Ikalgo haters.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 1, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
IKALGO BA.Also, i feel bad for Wolfin...no idea how is Togashi doing it, but he keeps making me like characters that i first hated.
Great episode, i was scared that Ikalgo will die in this episode tbh, but he lives and im happy.Now give us more Netero vs King, Gon and Pitou and Killua!
Oh, about scene with Palm...it looked beautiful, but holy sheet.I want more!
Apr 1, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 2013
Now that I've watched the episode, it was actually pretty good all things considered. And as usual Togashi always makes the villains more than they appear. Also the black centipedes are still gross.

More goodness to come next episode.
Apr 1, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2012
Those centipedes looked so painful! Great episode 5/5! Ikalgo is such a shrewd but clumsy character.
Apr 1, 2014 12:45 PM
Apr 2013
Judging by the preview, it seems like they will be adapting three chapters next episode, so that would explain having only one chapter adapted this episode.
Apr 1, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
http://i.imgur.com/SBBcyG7.jpg

Thanks for making me butthurt, TrollHouse. :' (

I'm not that PO'd tho, thankfully.
Apr 1, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2013
Ikalgo was awesome in this episode. Being able to endure that pain from those centipedes was badass. Oh damn Palm at the end, I think.
Apr 1, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
Felt a little dragged out, great episode though. I liked that Welfin had a change of heart.
Apr 1, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2007
animation this week was amazing tho
Apr 1, 2014 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
It's a bit sad they wasted that beautiful animation on this episode. I hope the Meruem/Netero fight won't suffer from it.
Apr 1, 2014 1:25 PM
May 2011
HxH is progressing at a One Piece rate. I think this anime is really well done, Togashi's terrible artwork is completely forgotten when you watch any of the episodes but I don't really understand why they're dragging it out. Whether the anime ends after the chimera ant arc or after the election arc, there won't be enough material for another season so why not end the series without trying to stall.

But good episode overall. Disappointed that we won't be seeing Meruem vs Netero or Gon vs Pitou for a while but none of the characters or their encounters are boring so I won't complain too loudly.
Apr 1, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
gintokichimaru said:
HxH is progressing at a One Piece rate. I think this anime is really well done, Togashi's terrible artwork is completely forgotten when you watch any of the episodes but I don't really understand why they're dragging it out. Whether the anime ends after the chimera ant arc or after the election arc, there won't be enough material for another season so why not end the series without trying to stall.

But good episode overall. Disappointed that we won't be seeing Meruem vs Netero or Gon vs Pitou for a while but none of the characters or their encounters are boring so I won't complain too loudly.

Well the difference is there's a lot more content in this. As for why the pace, I think they tried not to put Ikalgo and Netero together, it might have been an awkward transition, the biggest main and side events together. But also, they can't just throw the Ikalgo stuff at first because of the chronological order.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 1:40 PM
May 2011
I probably should reread the chimera ant arc, but iirc there is a lot of stuff happening at once with many different characters. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to focus on each one's "adventures" and then wrap up with final touching scene. Meruem and Netero can finish there fight and then we can go back to Ikalgo, Palm, Killua etc... without there being too much confusion over the timeline. It's easy to say "Meanwhile Ikalgo was..." or "Having finished charging Killua..."
Apr 1, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
It would be weak to finish Meryem vs Netero then step down to Ikalgo and Welfin.

And I don't think the timeline would interest me as much if they simplified the events in blocks where each event completely happens individually. I like how they gave it a sense of "everything happening at once" and really sped things up in my head as the time "slowed down"

And even that is impossible anyway, Welfin went from Meleron's story to Ikalgo, Meleron went from Knuckle to Welfin to Killua to Morel, too many paths crossed to do that.

At the same time, it's not like they are over-doing it (giving each episode 2 minutes of everybody), they still keep consistent focus on 1-3 arcs per episode.
Apr 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
I loved the episode. I never really expected much from Welfin since he seemed intimidating the first time with Meleoron.

But just that flash back alone proved how much of a personality he had.
Apr 1, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2014
The episode did drag but i enjoyed it regardless.

I didn't really expect to actually end up liking Welfin at all.
Apr 1, 2014 2:04 PM
May 2011
judals said:
It would be weak to finish Meryem vs Netero then step down to Ikalgo and Welfin.

And I don't think the timeline would interest me as much if they simplified the events in blocks where each event completely happens individually. I like how they gave it a sense of "everything happening at once" and really sped things up in my head as the time "slowed down"

And even that is impossible anyway, Welfin went from Meleron's story to Ikalgo, Meleron went from Knuckle to Welfin to Killua to Morel, too many paths crossed to do that.

At the same time, it's not like they are over-doing it (giving each episode 2 minutes of everybody), they still keep consistent focus on 1-3 arcs per episode.

I'll agree that it would be anticlimactic but recapping the last couple of minutes of the setup to the mereum vs netero fight and the switching to ikalgo is a letdown. So in my eyes they are dragging out the "important parts" by spending time on the "less important" characters.
Granted Welfin does play an important role later and his encounter with Ikalgo is what changes his character but it still feels like 10min too much for his story
Apr 1, 2014 2:16 PM
Aug 2013
Good episode. And if it indeed only adopted 1 chapter then we can only hope that the rest will be better paced.
Apr 1, 2014 2:17 PM

May 2013
How did they change Palm into a Chimera ant without a queen?
Apr 1, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
I've been asking in the past episode threads and I'll ask again. Can someone tell me the name of the OST that starts right from the 1st second of the episode?
Apr 1, 2014 2:21 PM
May 2011
Avarici0us said:
How did they change Palm into a Chimera ant without a queen?

Mod edit:
Spoiler button added.
AversaAug 27, 2014 10:43 AM
Apr 1, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2013
Decent episode, I was afraid that it would be a bad episode considering that they only covered 1 chapter vut it didn't feel too dragged out somehow. Maybe thats why they gave this episode to Mori. I guess that it's not hard to make an amazing episode if the chapters are outstanding. However making a decent/good episode out of a chapter like this, now thats something.

And this will pay off at the end, we will have probably have 8 holy shit episode in one go
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 1, 2014 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
1 whole episode to watch ikalgo load and Welfin saying w8...
Palm , you're doing it wrong.
a_cloudApr 2, 2014 3:12 AM
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 1, 2014 3:06 PM

Oct 2008
If that episode constitutes as an April Fool's joke for some, it seemed a pretty damn pleasant one to me.

All the better that they're addressing the other stuff before the huge showdown between Mereum and Netero; I would think people would be more displeased with interruptions to that fight than what we were treated to this week. I also thought the increased perspective on Ikalgo/Welfin did more for their characters - the interaction and introspection between them I felt was handled quite well.
Apr 1, 2014 3:41 PM

May 2013
gintokichimaru said:
HxH is progressing at a One Piece rate.
Please don't compare this to how slow One Piece is. I liked the interaction between Ikalgo and Welfin, Ikalgo really surprised me when he went serious and started shotting Welfin up despite the pain. Welfin's backstory also surprised me, it seems like he went through a lot of pain and it explains why he is so suspicious all the time.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 1, 2014 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
marian11 said:
I've been asking in the past episode threads and I'll ask again. Can someone tell me the name of the OST that starts right from the 1st second of the episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9wH3mKEt40
Apr 1, 2014 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
I am surprised at Welfin's change of attitude though I did enjoy how he felt about telling the truth.
The first two minutes got me worked up for nothing... well I still did enjoy seeing Ikalgo with his determination to carry out his mission.
Apr 1, 2014 4:07 PM
May 2013
Last seconds make up for everything :D
Apr 1, 2014 4:08 PM
Oct 2012
anyone have a 1080p link. my usual place is being annoying right now
Apr 1, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
was an ok episode
Cty Best mid
Apr 1, 2014 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
Welfin's VA is awesome. Kudos to the guy.
Apr 1, 2014 4:53 PM
May 2013
Patriots_fan said:
anyone have a 1080p link. my usual place is being annoying right now

You wouldn't find it here, actually
Apr 1, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2013
judals said:

I don´t mind them switching around all the time.
The problem is that Ikalgo´s story is by far the weakest and quite boring. But it has the most amount of coverage (atleast it feels like it).
It doesn´t help that everywhere time is slowed down, but when showing Ikalgo it just isn´t. Ikalgo was supposed to do all he did in the same time all the other stuff happened? That´s a joke!
The sleeping gas solution made no sense either.
The whole Ikalog storyline is just soooo unnecessary. I guess Welfin could have some important part later on, but then we really just had to show the Ikalgo vs Welfin episode from today without any of the stuff that happened before.
Ikalgo is just pulling this series down so much. If I had seen youpis fight in one go I would be amazed. But having to go through all of the other stuff made it so much less enjoyable.
Apr 1, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
I was expecting to watch the fight between Netero and Meruem but I still enjoyed this episode because I like Ikalgo.
Palm comes out of the cocoon. I hope she's on the good side.
Albi-kunApr 1, 2014 5:42 PM
Apr 1, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2009
MonteGabar said:
Last seconds make up for everything :D

agreed at least we saw Palm
Apr 1, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2008
Welfin ain't shit! He's so damn pathetic!! However, he was quite pitiful when he was recalling his life as a human.
Way to go, Ikalgo! You're a little bad ass octo!!
Holy shit! Is that Palm that came out of that cocoon? What the hell did they do to her?!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 1, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Really don't care about Ikalgo, I couldn't remember if there was a tangent between Meruem and Netero first fighting or not, sadly there was... smh
Apr 1, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2008
Oh shit, I hope Palm (it's really her right? I don't want to believe it) still has her human memories with her T___T
And I liked Welfin's development.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Today

30 by Armaniooo »»
8 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Today, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.